When Summer Ends

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

Written by: SaMaNtHa
Requester: adel
Characters: Park Hyerin ; Kim Jonghyun ; SeoHyun

Sitting on the hospital bed Seohyun looked out the window as life passed her by, her life slowly decreasing. Her lungs becoming worse and worse. Seohyun was a nice and beautiful lady, her life was perfect. She had a nice family, had true friends but the thing that brought her the most joy was her lover, Kim Jonghyun. They have been going out since they were ready to love, which was when they turned 16; they loved each other more than anything. Now they're 17 years old, still in love. That's what Jonghyun thought.

- - -

*Flash Back*

Jonghyun walked towards Seohyun's house with a smile pasted on his face. His light brown hair glistened in the sun as he happily walked towards the house. He wanted to tell Seohyun something, he wanted to make her happy the rest of her life. In his hands' was a small white leather box, inside was a promise band. The silver band will symbol their forever love. Jonghyun stopped before the big wooden door, before taking a hold of the golden doorknob with a nervous sigh he opened the door and entered the grand house. Jonghyun bowed at the maids who were lined up by the door, waiting to greet their mistress's love. Jonghyun ran up the stairs towards Seohyun's room, ready to surprise her. As he opened the door his smile broke into a thin white line, before his eyes he saw boxes filled with Seohyun's belongings. She sat on the floor sorting out her clothes; placing them in the box beside her. She didn't seem to notice Jonghyun's appearance until he knocked on her already opened door. Seohyun turned around to meet Jonghyun, she slowly stood up from her sitting position and looked at Jonghyun.

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun said as his smile reappeared on his face.

“Nothing...Umm...Jonghyun we need to talk. Let's go sit out back.” Seohyun extended her hand for Jonghyun to hold. As he did so they walked down the stairs and exited the back door. They stood on the small walk way out back as it lead to a small man made pond. Lilly pads sat on float of the water as lotus flowers peeked from the water. The couple walked down the path way and sat on the small bench by the pond. Seohyun sat on the far right on the bench as Jonghyun sat opposite of her.

Jonghyun looked at the scenery then turned to look at Seohyun, “So you wanted to talk?”

“Yes, umm how should I say this? Jonghyun, let's break up. I don't want to be seen with you anymore. I found someone else. He is very nice and the most handsome guy I've ever laid eyes on, he lives in the States so I'm going to move there to stay with him.” Seohyun stopped for a moment to look at Jonghyun's reaction. He sat there in silence, he didn't know what to say or what to do. Wasn't today supposed to be the perfect day? They were suppose to be bound with the promise band but Seohyun turned the tables. Today is going to be the day of separation. “Jonghyun? Are you going to say anything?” Seohyun looked at Jonghyun and knew he was hurt by her words, deep inside she was hurting too.
“What is there to day? You said everything you needed to. I guess this is it...There is no point to debate with you, you've already made up your mind. Since you're going to the States, here is a goodbye present for you.” He handed her the white leather box as he walked away.

End Of Flash Back

- - -

*One Year Later*

“Yah Jonghyun ah wake up!” Mrs. Kim shouted up the stairs. “You can't be late for your first day of school. Hurry! Its your last year of school. You should be excited, after high school you won't have the time to fall in love or hang out with your friends anymore.” Mrs. Kim started up the stairs, getting closer and closer to her son's room. “Kim Jonghyun, get up NOW!” Mrs. Kim opened the door to see her son still asleep, “YAH!” She pulled the covers off Jonghyun's body revealing his bare chest.
“Aish. What are you doing? I don't need to go to school. I don't want to mom.” Jonghyun complained.
“Now Jonghyun. I don't care if you don't want to. My needs are before your's and I NEED you to go to school.” Mrs. Kim empathized the word need as she pulled Jonghyun out of his bed. “Get ready in 30 minutes, Mr. Shim is driving you to school, I have to go to the company. Something is wrong with the stocks we ordered from America.”
“Yeah whatever. Just go tend your business. I can get to school myself.”
“Okay bye honey. I'll call you and make sure you're at school.”
“Okay, just go. Bye!” Jonghyun went towards the bathroom and freshened up. After 20 minutes he was ready to go to school. He exited the big mansion and walked towards his BMW.
Kim Jonghyun is a very rich young man. He is 18 years old, attending his last year of high school. He is known as the school's rich playboy. He loves to sleep around with girls he talks with, his bright smile and soothing voice has the power to capture any girl's hearts. He spend his nights and days sleeping with girls, he doesn't know their names but that doesn't stop him from sleeping with them, he wants what he wants, and gets what he gets. His parents own Kim Corp. with Jonghyun as the company heir. Jonghyun was never a playboy but ever since his heart was broken by Seohyun, he changed. His perspective of girls are all the same, mean and cold hearted, only after money. So he never gives any girl a second glance, all he does is play with them because he believes thats all their good for.

- - -

While Jonghyun drove to school, a girl named Park Hyerin was also getting ready to go to school. She was in the bathroom when she heard someone come up the stairs.
“Oppa is that you?” Hyerin poked her hear out of the bathroom door to see her father walking to his room with two younger women in his arm.
“Ah, I hate it when he brings girls home. I don't get it...isn't he busy enough with the company?” Hyerin muttered to herself. Park Hyerin was the daughter of the owner of Park Corp. She is also a very rich lady, she is known for her ruthless and heartless personality. Most people fear her because she is a very cold person, she doesn't care about people's emotions or care about who she is hurting. She's very arrogant, but the guys loves her. Her beauty was of a goddess, her silky hair hung from her shoulders, her brown eyes had a layer of sparkle. Her S-Line killed every guy who laid eyes on her. She never had a boyfriend before because she doesn't think they are worth her time. Hyerin took a last look at her reflection in the mirror before heading downstairs.

“Hyerin ah- you ready for school? Oppa will take you.” Hyerin looked at her oppa, and smiled.
“Okay. Oppa you need to remember to keep out of the girls sights though. I don't want to be targeted like last year. When all the girls saw you they all wanted to be friends with me just to get close to you.” Hyerin smiled then softly punched Yoochun on the arm.
“That's the power of Park Yoochun! All I need to do is smile and wink, all the girls will come running to me.” Yoochun giggled then turned towards the front doors, “I'll go start the car, come out when you're ready. Hyerin nodded then walked towards the kitchen to grab a bottled water and headed outside towards Yoochun's car. They rode to school in silence since Yoochun didn't like to be distracted while he was driving. Once the 15 minute ride ended Hyerin got out of the car and hurried Yoochun to get lost.
“Go back home, Oppa. If anyone sees you I'll be dead. And don't blame me if they call home because I got in a fight.” Hyerin warned Yoochun. Yoochun smiled then drove off. Hyerin looked towards the school building letting a sigh escape her lips, 'Here I am back at school...' Hyerin's head hung as she walked through the doors of the school. When she stepped foot on the school's ground everyone looked at her for a couple of minutes but eventually turned their attention to what they were doing before she walked into the school. Hyerin looked down at the paper she held in her hands. She was trying to search for her locker, the locker number was 749, she knew that the lower numbered lockers were on the first floor of the school so she walked up the stairs to go to the second floor of the building.

“740, 741, 742- Ah here's my locker.” She stood in front of the old rusty locker, fidgeting with the knob of the locker, she put in the locker combination. Successfully opening it, she closed it and walked away. As Hyerin walked towards the staircase from which she came from she heard a weep and a shout. Hyerin heard the annoying high shouts and weep but she didn't want to get in trouble the first day of school so she kept walking. The more steps she took the louder the sounds were' annoying her. Her ears were going deaf of the screams. Stomping her feet she stomped towards to where the sounds where coming from. As she walked towards the direction of the noise she soon stood in front of a guy and a girl, the girl was pinned to the wall as the guy bullied her. Hyerin glared at them two before making her move.

“Yah you low life bastard. Get away from her. Go bully someone else, why are you picking on a stupid girl like her huh? Not man enough to pick fights with guys?” Hyerin's words where like daggers of poison darts. The man turned around, his hair was worn up the light brown color of his hair glistened under the school lights. He wore a smirk then turned his attention towards Hyerin. He didn't know who she was or what she was doing. He looked at the students as they looked at the scene.

“Who are you?” Jonghyun asked, as he turned his back at the girl he was just bullying, his eyes peered at Hyerin.
“Park Hyerin! Now get lost. Yah you.” Hyerin pointed at the girl and motioned her to come to her. “Come here, and stop crying like a baby, you don't know how to talk? Only babies cry because they can't talk.” The girl walked towards Hyerin and stood behind her.
“Hyerin huh...nice name. I'll let her go today, its the first day of school so I'll be nice, but if you ever speak to me in that type of way again I will never let you live it down.”
“Same goes to you. If I see you do something like this again, or talk down to me, we'll see who will be the one crying.” She turned her back towards Jonghyun and walked away with the girl. The girl looked at Hyerin and thanked her.
“Don't thank me, I wasn't doing this for you. I was tired of hearing your stupid screams.” Hyerin brushed off the girl and walked down the stairs to get to her first class.

Jonghyun stood there baffled he never felt so angry but at the same time so intrigued by the girl, whose name was Hyerin. Who is she and where was she hiding? How come he never came across her before? She was beautiful, her S-line was to die for, her eyes were memorizing, same goes for her personality. She carried herself in such ways Jonghyun never knew a girl would carry herself. She was arrogant and confident, she is truly different from the other girls he came across. He wants her, she is going to be his new target. It won't be hard capturing her heart right? All he needs to do is talk to her in his manly voice and apologize for his actions, and ask her out to dinner. Nothing to it! Jonghyun smiled to himself, he snapped his fingers at the thought of him and her together, then walked towards his class which was art class.

- - -

Hyerin sat at her desk scribbling on her notes. Micro biology was her least favorite class, her head rested on her palm as she drew big bold pen lines on the white paper; waiting for the lunch bell to ring. When it finally did she threw her stuff in her backpack then walked out the class room to meet up with her best friend Park Jiyeon. Jiyeon is the only person who knows the real Hyerin, everyone might think Hyerin is a bratty and arrogant goddess but the truth is she's a very nice girl. Her personality is just a front to hide her sadness from everyone in the world. After her mother died she cried everyday she was the most vulnerable when she cried or felt sad so as the outcome she became arrogant and mean.

“Hows the first day of school? Got in trouble yet?” Jiyeon teased Hyerin then connected her arms with Hyerins.
“Very funny. And no I didn't get in trouble yet, I did get into a verbal argument with someone this morning but its over now.”
“Ohhh...who was it with?”

“I don't know. I didn't ask for his name.” Hyerin and Jiyeon's conversation stopped after that sentence since they reached the lunch room. They walked towards the lunch line putting stuff on their plates. After grabbing their lunches the two girls walked outside to eat on the benches. Outside felt nice, the fresh air felt great against their cheeks. The soft wind blew lightly playing with their loose strands of hair.

Jiyeon was the first to sit on the bench as Hyerin followed. “Ah I'm so hungry!” Jiyeon picked her spoon off her plate and dug into her rice, bringing a big spoonful of rice to . Hyerin looked at her and smiled. 'She is always hungry.' Hyerin thought. They ate peacefully until a annoying voice was heard from behind.
“Annyeong Hyerin shi- How are you?” Hyerin turned around to see the guy from this morning. She glared at him and opened .
“What do you want? Aren't you that sissy from this morning?” Hyerin looked at Jonghyun then turned back around facing Jiyeon and continued eating her food.
“I want to apologize, I didn't mean to be so mean this morning. I was...I was just mad because of my personal life. I should of never bullied her.” Jonghyun's voice was mild and low, his eyes were sympathetic, he was working his magic.
“I don't care. I don't need your dumb apologies, you didn't do anything to me, you should go apologize to the girl you bullied-” Hyerin was about to continue her sentence but was cut off by Jonghyun.
“Anyways, since you don't need my apologies why not go to dinner with me tonight?” Jonghyun walked around the table and sat next to Jiyeon so he was now in front of Hyerin. He smiled and looked directly in Hyerin's eyes. “So what do you say?” Everyone looked at Jonghyun and Hyerin, all the students present outside looked at them wondering if she'd say yes. The ice princess and the rich playboy going out? That would be very interesting. Everyone's eyes were on Hyerin waiting for her answer.
“I say NO! I wouldn't ever accept a playboy like you even if hell was freezing.” Hyerin rose from her seat signaling Jiyeon to get up. They walked towards the garbage bin and threw their food away. Jonghyun sat at the table with an embarrassed smile.
“I am going to kill her for embarrassing me. She is very interesting though! I'll find a way to embarrass her, and at the same time capture her heart. She is very interesting, I don't think I'll get bored with her at all!”

- - -

Once school ended everyone existed the building walking towards their rides or the bus. Hyerin walked towards Yoochun's car greeting him then got inside the car. On the other side of the drive way was Jonghyun he squinted at Hyerin as she got into the car. She seems to be rich, the car she got in looks very pricey. But whose the guy in the drivers seat? Is that her boyfriend? No way she doesn't seem like a girl who'd have a boyfriend. Maybe he's just a relative or her driver. Jonghyun shook the thought out of his head and followed the car. Following the car for 15 minutes he suddenly came to a stop. Jonghyun parked on the other side of the street as Hyerin and the guy walked into the house giggling at each other. When the two walked inside the house, Jonghyun waited for a minute or so before getting out of his car. He ran towards the house and looked at the mail address.

“Hmm the Parks huh? Doesn't dad and mom know them? I remember them talking about the Parks...Let me go ask mom.” Jonghyun jogged back to his car and zoomed towards home. As he reached the house he got out of his car and ran inside the house. “Hey mom you home? Dad?” Jonghyun shouted, he ran towards the study to see his father sitting at his desk reading over paperwork. “Hey dad don't you know the park family?” Jonghyun asked. His father rose his eyes from the papers to his son.
“Why do you ask all of a sudden?” Mr. Kim looked at his son, putting his paperwork on the brown marble desk.
“I'm curious about their daughter. You know anyone who goes by the name Park Hyerin?” He asked.
“Hmm, let me think.” Mr. Kim's eyebrows turned into a frown as he tried to search for the name in his memory chamber. “AH! Mr. Park from the Park Corp. had a daughter named Hyerin. I am good friends with Mr. Park. We used to study together, and now we're rich business mens!' His face lit up from the though of the past. “Are you interested in his daughter? How did you meet her?”
“We go to school together. Her personality is very different. She has this strong presence that I never felt before.” Jonghyun explained.
“Just like her father. He is a very cold and arrogant man but he has a heart of gold!”
“So dad are you planning to invite him to the business party this Saturday? If so make him bring his daughter. Does he have any other children or wife?”
“He has an older soon, his name was Yoochun I think. He doesn't have a wife, she died a long time ago. Its so sad, I don't know how he can live without his lover.” Mr. Kim shook his head, “I think I will invite them over. I haven't seen him in years it would be nice to get to talk to him again!” Mr. Kim got out of this seat and walked out of the study. Holding his cellphone in his hands.
“Here I come Hyerin! You will fall in love with me sooner or later!” Jonghyun jumped from his seat and smiled to himself. “Let the game begin!”

- - -

As Sunday came near the Kim family got ready for their big party. They were holding a company party to celebrate their success with their new product. Mrs. Kim was in the kitchen tasting the gourmet food she ordered from the famous Moon chef. The food dissolved in as millions of flavor erupted her taste buds. The food was perfect. Mr Kim was outside. Watching as the maids and designers placed tables and chairs in the back yard. Florists decorated each table with flowers, the backyard looks magnificent with the splash of colors. Jonghyun was in his room writing his game plan on how to capture Hyerin's heart. First thing on his list, is to show her around the house and be a gentle men, Second is to kiss her hands and tell her she looks lovely Third, talk to her about their parent's friendship. Forth, take her to his mother, so she can talk about how nice if they got married. Fifth, make her trip so he can catch her. Sixth, kiss her and make her his lady. Jonghyun double checked his list and smiled to himself! He has no doubt this will work on her!

- - -

“Aish dad I don't want to go to the stupid company party thingy....I don't want to go!” Hyerin whined grabbing hold of her father's shoulders. “Please don't make me go. I beg of you!” She whined but her father didn't care.
“You have to go sweety. I need someone to accompany me. Everyone is going to have their wives besides them and I have no one so the least I can do is bring my beautiful girl with me as my date.” Her father's voice was calm and smooth. He looked at her and rubbed her cheeks. “It won't hurt if you come along with me. Mr. Kim's son will be there, I think he's your age so if you get too bored you can go talk to him. I hear he's pretty 'hot'.” Mr. Park grinned.
“Aish appa you are so bad!” Hyerin let go of her father's shoulder then went up to her room.
“The coordinator will be up in your room to dress you! It's a formal party so we need to look formal. Tell your oppa to get ready too! He needs to come, my friend's daughter is in LOVE with him.” Her father giggled to himself. “My son and daughter are too handsome and pretty, everyone wants them!” He giggled then walked to his room to also get ready for the party which started in two hours.

As the Park's got ready, the Kim's got ready too. Mrs. Park wore her dark navy blue dress with pearls hanging from her neck, the long dress made her look tall and slim. The dress hugged her curves well, even though she's old she still has a body of a goddess. Mr. Kim wore his black and white tux. He didn't like to over dress so he liked simple clothes. Jonghyun was in his room trying to decide what he wanted to wear. In this clothes he looked at the soft pink tux but shook his head, he walked in the clothes to search. His eyes landed on the white tux and a turquoise under shirt. On the hanger hung the white tie and the white pants that came with the tux. Jonghyun smiled and took it from his clothes, He undressed and threw the tux on, he looked at the mirror and winked at himself, he must like the way he looked.

Hyerin stood in front of the mirror looking at her reflection. Her cream colored silk dress was beautiful on her, the rhinestones along the v neck of the dress made it more fabulous. Her hair was in a messy bun with a silver butterfly pin holding it in place. On her neck hung a sterling silver necklace with a diamond tear drop. Her dress reached her toes as it flowed at her feet, the silk felt soft against her skin, she rarely wore dressed because she hated going to fancy parties but this was inevitable. Hyerin looked at her reflection for another minute then walked towards Yoochun's room.
“Oppa are you getting ready in there?” she knocked on the door before entering. Yoochun stood in his room with only his boxer's and his white wife beater on.
“I don't know which one to wear. Should I wear this or this?” In his left hand he held a burgundy tux with a silk white bow. The other hand he held a black vest with a violet undershirt and black pants.
“I like that one.” Hyerin pointed to his right hand. Yoochun looked at it then nodded.
“Okay I guess I'll wear this one then.” He threw the tux on the bed and put the other one on, as he buttoned his shirt he looked at Hyerin.
“You look beautiful little sis! That dress makes you more of a goddess than what you're already is.” Yoochun's comment made Hyerin blush.
“Thanks oppa, you look like a goddess yourself. I heard appa talk about that one girl.” She referred to her father's friend's daughter.
“Who? There too many girls, he talks about.”
“You'll see. I'm going to go check on appa now. When you're ready go downstairs okay?”
“Yes ma'am.” Yoochun smiled. Hyerin closed the door and walked towards her fathers room, when she got there he was already ready, he dressed in a black and white tux, as always, he liked looking simple.
“You ready appa?”
“Yes I am! Wow Hyerin you're growing up aren't you? You look as beautiful as your mother did when she wore dresses. I can't wait to get to the party, everyone will envy my date!” He smiled and reached out his hand for Hyerin to hold. “Lets go.”

- - -

The Park's walked inside of the Kim's house and heard welcoming cheers.
“Omo is that you Hyung?” Mr. Kim ran towards Mr. Park and embraced him in his arms. Mr. Kim looked at Mr. Park and smiled then looked at Hyerin, “This must be your date? She must be your daughter? She looks exactly like Mrs. Park. Wow, you have a lovely daughter. And you must be Yoochun, the lady killer.” Mr. Kim took Yoochun's hands in his. Yoochun gave him and awkward smile slowly releasing his hands from Mr. Kim's. “Let me go get my wife and son.” Mr Kim ran out back and came back with his wife.

“Wow, you look amazing! You haven't changed at all!” Mr. Park said to Mrs. Kim, she blushed then thanked him. “Wheres the son?” He asked.
“He will be here in a bit, he's still talking to some of my friends daughters. He is such a playboy.” Mr. Kim laughed. “Yoochun why don't you go meet some pretty ladies outside as well?” Yoochun looked at Mr. Kim and smiled then excused himself out back. Hyerin stood beside her dad as he talked with Mr and Mrs. Kim. She was bored out of her mind, Hyerin looked down at her feet to hide her boredom then all of a sudden she saw a shoe coming towards them. She looked up and was surprised to see the guy from school.

“Ah this is my son Kim Jonghyun.” Mr. Kim introduced him to Mr. Park and Hyerin. Hyerin faked a smile and looked at Jonghyun.
“Wow, he is as handsome as you!” Mr. Park complemented. “Hello Jonghyun! This is my daughter-” Before he could introduce Hyerin Mrs. Kim cut him off.
“Oh Jonghyun is this the girl you were talking about? She is a beauty, that's why you're so interested in her!” Mrs. Kim clapped from joy. “This must be destiny! We'll have to plan their wedding, who is more fit to be my son's wife!” Mr. Kim smiled at Hyerin's father as he smiled back at her agreeing to her words. Jonghyun smiled, his plan is working better than expected, even a couple steps ahead.
“If you guys don't mind. I'm going to take Hyerin away from you guys! I would like to show her around the house.” Jonghyun didn't wait for an answer as he told hold of Hyerin's hand already walking away with her.
“Let go of me.” Hyerin's calm voice made Jonghyun happy.

“No.” Was all he said. They walked upstairs to the second floor of the house. Jonghyun walked along the hall until he reached the 8th door. He opened it and pushed Hyerin into the room. It was his room. “This is my room! It's where you'll spend most of your time in the future!” Jonghyun looked at Hyerin up and down. “You really look beautiful tonight! I'm glad I got to see you today! It makes me want to make you mine, but that'll take some time so for now lets just be friends.” Jonghyun extended his hands towards Hyerin but she didn't take it, instead she left the room. Jonghyun sighed and followed her. He looked ahead of her and saw the trap he put out. The rug was folded up so she would trip on it. Hyerin walked towards the folded rug without realizing.
“Hyerin watch out for that or you'll fall.” Jonghyun shouted. Hyerin stopped in her tracks then looked at the rug. She stepped away from the rug and walked downstairs. “That's not the way I wanted to save her but I guess its better than nothing. I'll have her in my arms sooner or later.

- - -

As months and weeks went by senior year ended, now there was nothing to do but go on summer break and get ready to go to the universities.

“Hey mom since its summer break, can I go visit the Parks? I want to stay with the daughter.” Jonghyun said.
“What? Are you guys dating already? Why are you visiting them? Can't she come visit us? In the future she'll have to live here anyways. Might as well get comfortable now.”
“No mom its not like that. She doesn't even want to look at me, she doesn't have any interests in me. I don't know why. “ Jonghyun shook his head and looked at his mom.
“Well if you weren't such a playboy maybe she'd like you. But since this is your happiness, mommy has to help you! Why not live there for the summer? I'll make an excuse so your father and Mr. Park won't interferer.” Mrs. Kim kissed Jonghyun's forehead as Jonghyun hugged her.
“Thanks mom I love you! You're the only woman I will love.” He said.
“You can't you need to love Hyerin too from now on. I know that'll be hard since you change girls like changing clothes, but I think you've changed for her. I don't know what shes done to you but I like the new you. I hate watching you break girls hearts. If you hurt Hyerin I'll cut off you're-” Jonghyun cut off his mother before she could finish her scary sentence.
“Whoa mom, I get it. No need to threaten me. I'll go pack my things. Are you going to drop me off at the Park's house?”
“Yeah I will. Get down here in 10 minutes.”

After 10 minutes Jonghyun came running down the stairs as him and his mother walked out the door. They got into the car and drove towards the Park's house. Once they got there they got out of the car.
“I'll talk so just follow along.” Jonghyun nodded and followed his mother. She rung the doorbell and cleared . When the door opened she smiled at the maid.
“Hello! I am Mr. Kim's wife, I'm here with my son. Can I talk to Mr. Park?” The maids nodded and went to get Mr. Park. Mr. Park came to the door and smiled.
“Oh why are you two here?” He was surprised, as he saw Jonghyun's suitcase.
“Well Mr. Park. My son and my husband got into an argument so my husband threw him out of the house. You know how hot headed he can be! I worry for Jonghyun I don't want him to be in any danger so I was hopping if you'd let him live here until I get Mr. Kim to calm down and persuade him to take Jonghyun back. Please I beg.” Mrs. Kim grabbed Mr. Park's hands and plead. Jonghyun stood next to his mother and looked at her, wow she's a good actress. He smiled inside then looked at Mr. Park for his approval.
“Sure why not. He's like a son to me so I'll take him in. I'm sure Yoochun and Hyerin won't mind the extra company. Come on Jonghyun! Hyerin is home so I'll make her take you to your room!” Mr. Park smiled at Jonghyun then turned to his mother. “Don't worry Mrs. Kim, I'll take good care of him. I'll also help you persuade Mr. Kim to take Jonghyun back.”
“NO! Please don't do that. I don't want him to know where Jonghyun is. It will make him angrier if he knew Jonghyun was here bothering you guys. I'll go now. Thank you for your help!” She smiled. “Jonghyun be good, and bring me a daughter in law before summer is over.” She whispered into his ears before running off.
“I'm so sorry for the bother Mr. Park.”
“Its okay, come on in!” Mr. Park and Jonghyun walked into the house, Jonghyun stayed by the door while Mr. Park went to go get Hyerin. As Jonghyun stood by the door he smiled to himself, this is the chance, this is the moment he'll capture her heart and make her his. She is is last and only target, after meeting her his perspective in girls changed. He learned that each and every girl are different, their hearts are different from each others, some are softer than others while some are harder than others. He wants to soften that hard heart of hers, he wants to make her smile and make her fall in love. He wants her to make him smile like before. Jonghyun blushed at the thought of the future so he ducked his head and looked at the spotless white marbled floor. He heard footsteps so he looked up to see Hyerin, she looked annoyed but it didn't bother Jonghyun, it made him want to hug Hyerin but he knew it wouldn't be appropriate.
“Hey...I...Can you show me to my room?” Jonghyun asked in a low voice, he was starting to feel embarrassed. He seemed like a homeless person moving into other peoples house.
“Come with me.” Hyerin was uninterested in Jonghyun as she walked ahead of him. She walked up the stairs and disappeared as she turned a corner. Jonghyun fastened his pace and saw Hyerin outside a room. She turned the doorknob opening the door for him. “This is your room, its across from Yoochun oppa's room so if you try anything weird he'll snap you in half.” Hyerin warned.
“What do you think I'll do?” Jonghyun sounded defensive towards Hyerin's words. He's not a . “I'm not a you know. I'm not going to try anything weird. All you have to do is trust me.” Jonghyun looked into Hyerin's eyes, she tried to avoid his eyes but they were too luring, she couldn't back out of his stare.
“Why would I believe you? You're a , do you know how many girls you've slept with? Its too much to remember right? That's disgusting.” She turned around to leave. Before she got out of the door Jonghyun held her hand to prevent her from leaving.
“Why do you bring up the past? Do you know how many months I stayed away from girls? This whole school year I didn't even mess with one girl. I didn't even look at anyone but you but you wouldn't know would you? You're too busy hating me for a reason I don't know. I don't know why but I'll make you love me once summer ends. If you don't fall for me once summer ends I'll walk out of your life. I can't promise I can forget you but I'll pretend to not love you anymore. It's not the first time I've had to do that.” Jonghyun mumbled the last sentence. “You're the girl who changed me from my ways. My mom agreed too. I don't know why I'm telling you all this but I just want to tell you that I've changed.”
“Why would I care? I didn't tell you to change you changed yourself. I didn't do anything to make you change, so stop telling my these stupid things.” Hyerin walked away leaving Jonghyun dumbfounded. He looked at the place she was then closed the door as he placed his suitcase on the bed.
'What am I doing? Why am I being so sensitive? Why am I telling her this? I shouldn't be so vulnerable. I don't even think she feels the same as me. I loved her all the months we were in school but she didn't even look at me. But I shouldn't give up now right? If I do I'll have to live uncomfortably this whole summer. I can't return home until I bring mom a daughter in law.'

On the other side of the wall was Hyerin, her bedroom was next door to Jonghyun's. She sat at her desk, her face buried in her hands. Why is she being like this? She shouldn't be so weak. She shouldn't feel guilty for what she just said. Its not that big of a deal, she was only telling the truth, she's done nothing for Jonghyun to get the idea about changing. She never told him to change for her. She doesn't even want to fall in love with him. Everyday when she went to school she tried her best to avoid him, afraid that she might fall In love with the rich playboy, she doesn't want to be heartbroken. She doesn't even want to fall in love. She wants to be the old Hyerin but she knows she's slowly changing, shes more sensitive now, her heart is becoming soft. During school days she wanted to avoid Jonghyun but deep inside she knew she wanted to see his face.

- - -

Everyone sat at the dinner table as the maids brought out their dinner. Jonghyun sat down next to Hyerin, as Hyerin sat next to Yoochun. On the other side of the table was Mr. Park. Everyone was silent while they ate, throughout the dining room all you can hear was silverware clanking onto glass plates. Once in awhile you'll hear a burp here and there but that was it. Yoochun looked around the table then cleared his throat, he was getting tired of the silence.

“So...Jonghyun what did you and your father fight about? If you don't mind me asking.” Yoochun looked at Jonghyun for his response. Jonghyun chewed his food and swallowed before speaking.
“Oh umm...well...I don't really know either.” Jonghyun answered, telling Yoochun his slanted truth.
“Oh, that's interesting. You must've made him mad for him to kick you out like that.”
“Yeah I guess.” Like that the conversation ended. After dinner Mr. Park had to go to the company. Yoochun also had plans, his friends called him to meet up so he went out for the night. Hyerin and Jonghyun were the only ones present at home, the maids and butlers were sent home for the night since their services were not needed.

“Hey Hyerin can I talk to you for a bit?” Jonghyun leaned on the wall as he looked at Hyerin's direction. Hyerin sat on the sofa in the living room. Her focus was on the tv but since Jonghyun wanted to talk she turned the tv off and faced Jonghyun.
“What?”
“You don't have to speak if you don't want to, all you need to do is listen. I want to tell you something, I never told anyone before. I know it won't change the distance between us but I hope it'll help get rid of my bad image in your head. I know you see me as a dirty and nasty playboy who sleeps with girls, but I'm really not like that. The real me is a heartbroken guy who doesn't know how to cope with a broken heart; even if it was broken a year ago I still can't get over it. She was the love of my life. I planned to love her forever but one day she left. You know what the reason was?” Jonghyun paused for a second just in case Hyerin wanted to guess the reason, she didn't so Jonghyun continued his story. “She left because she found someone better, someone handsome, someone who wasn't me. She told me he lived in the US so she wanted to move there to be with him. I was confused, I didn't know why she left but I am certain...well I was certain that all girls were the same, they only chase after two things. Looks and money, that's it. They don't care about love, I loved her more than anything but she didn't seem to be interested in my love. I know I'm not the best looking guy out there but at least I loved her you know? Do you know how hard it is to trust someone enough to place your love in their hands? I trusted her I place my love in her hands but she tossed it away. I was afraid to love again, I didn't want to give my broken heart to anyone because I thought I could never get over her. But Hyerin, after meeting you at school I knew you were different, I knew I could trust you with my heart. I want to put my heart in your hands but you don't seem to want the responsibility of handling my heart. I want to hold someone's heart too. But that someone has to be you.” After finishing his last sentence he looked into Hyerin's eyes. You must think this is going too fast but he has been feeling like this since the first week of school, being in school for more than 8 months he was certain he has fallen in love again.
“Umm Jonghyun I don't know what to say. I never felt the pain you felt so I wouldn't know. But the thing I know is that I never thought you were dirty. I thought you were unfaithful but I never thought you were dirty. I hope the girl who left you feels a lot of sorrow.” Hyerin looked at Jonghyun and gave him a small smile. Jonghyun looked at her,
“Wha, you smiled! I made you smile!” Jonghyun jumped up and down from his spot and walked towards the sofa to sit next to Hyerin.
“So what if I smiled? I'm human, humans has to smile to be able to be alive.” Hyerin shook her head at her stupid remark. She knew she couldn't hide from the truth. Jonghyun giggled to himself.
“Hyerin the truth behind this talk, is...I want to love you. This is a proposal to you. If you accept my heart I will accept your heart too!" With that Jonghyun ran up the stairs and into his room.

- - -

A month has gone by since Jonghyun moved into the Park's residence, the two has gotten closer. Hyerin walked into Jonghyun's room not bothering to knock on the door. She opened the door to see Jonghyun on the floor. He laid on the carpeted floor beside his bed, his hands on his stomach as his knees were close to his chest. He rocked back and forth as if he was in agony. Hyerin looked at Jonghyun then dove to him landing on her knees.

“Omo Jonghyun are you okay? Are you hurting? Should I call the ambulance to come and take you?” Hyerin took Jonghyun's shoulder and made him face her. His face was wet, tears spilled down his cheeks while his lips trembled. “What happened? Why are you crying? Does it hurt that bad?” Hyerin took Jonghyun's upper body and laid him on her lap.

“It hurts Hyerin, right here.” He pointed to his heart crying harder than before. Hyerin looked at Jonghyun by the time she knew it her own tears were spilling down her face.
“Are you okay? Stop crying.” Hyerin cried, her eyes were blurred by her tears so she closed them then reopened them. Jonghyun looked up at Hyerin removing himself from her lap. He sat face to face with Hyerin and looked at her, has he caused this? Did he make the ice princess cry; is the world coming to an end? Jonghyun cried harder as he buried her face in his chest.
“I don't want to go see her. I can't. I can't look at her again or else I'll die for sure. Why did she come back? Does she want to ruin my happiness? Hyerin ah I can't go home. I don't want to, she'll be there. Mom told me she wanted to see me, but I don't want to see her. I can't.” His chest heaved up and down violently. Hyerin wiped her tears then released herself from Jonghyun's embrace. She looked at him with a confused look. Whose 'she' why is he so afraid of her?
“Wait, who are you talking about? Stop crying and talk to me. I can't help you if you cry. The only way I can help you is by talking to you. Who are you talking about?”
Jonghyun looked at Hyerin with his red eyes, he wiped his tears with his sleeves, “I....I I'm afraid to face Seohyun. Mom called me yesterday wanting me to move back home because Seohyun came back from the States. She moved back to her old house next to my house. Mom told me that Seohyun wanted to see me. But I don't want to see her or else my heart will be broken all over again. I tried so hard to forget her. And finally when my hearts being so close to being repaired she comes back provoking my heart to shatter again.” As he explained to Hyerin he was close to tears again, his words shook as he spoke. Hyerin never seen Jonghyun like this before. He was always so happy and always spent his time messing with Hyerin, now that he's this way Hyerin doesn't know how to comfort him. She got up from the floor and walked out of the room, she walked towards Yoochun's room and knocked on his door. She opened it to see Yoochun taking his afternoon nap. Hyerin sat beside Yoochun and shook him slightly, Yoochun grunted before opening his eyes to see his crying sister. He was surprised to see her cry, she hasn't cried since ages, why is she crying now.

“Whats the matter? Did Jonghyun do something to you?” Hyerin shook her head, “Did dad say something that hurted you?” Hyerin again shook her head. “Then whats wrong?” Yoochun sat up from his sleeping position and looked into his sisters eyes. “Tell Oppa whats wrong. I'll help you.” He reassured her by patting her cheeks at the same time drying them.
“Its Jonghyun, he's crying. I can't help him, its a guy problem he keeps crying. I don't know how to make him stop. Can you go talk to him?” Upon hearing her response he smiled. This little meanie is finally falling in love. She cares for Jonghyun more than anyone, its a nice thing to see. Yoochun smiled at her then nodded. Hyerin watched Yoochun leave his room. She dried her tears then laid in the spot Yoochun was, she brought the blankets over her head wanting to hide herself from the others.

- - -

Jonghyun walked into Yoochun's room to find Hyerin. After talking to Yoochun Jonghyun knew he had to go back home. He can't hide here forever. He knows that his heart will hurt but it won't break because his heart is right here in Hyerin's hands. Jonghyun walked towards Yoochun's bed then sat down next to Hyerin. He took a deep breath before pulling the covers from Hyerin's face. She was sound asleep he didn't want to wake her up but he had to, he needed to tell her about his decision.

“You awake?” Jonghyun touched Hyerin's cheeks, it with his back hand. “I need to tell you something.” He let out a deep sigh before beginning. “I've decided to move back home. It's going to be alright. I won't get hurt because I know you're the one handling my heart now. I know I'm going to hurt a little but I won't hurt a lot if I know you're here for me. With me moving back I'll call you everyday and I'll send my love for you every night. I think its the best thing to do. I came here to capture your heart now that I am for certain I have your heart I can leave now. By the end of the summer I'll bring you home with me. I think mom would want to see you.” Jonghyun completed his sentence then leaned down to kiss her forehead. “I'll return with your heart in my hand, and you'll come with me with my heart in your hand that way our hearts can beat forever.” Jonghyun got up from the bed walking towards the door.
“WAIT! How do you know if I won't throw your heart away?” Hyerin looked at Jonghyun. He turned back with a smile on his face.
“I am certain you wouldn't do that. Yoochun told me that you love me and I trust him.”

FLASH BACK

“Why are you crying?” Yoochun looked at Jonghyun and patted his arm. “You shouldn't cry, you're making my little sister cry. And I don't like that. I never seen her cry like that before. She hasn't cried in ages now that I see her cry because she's worried about you makes me happy. I think the ice princess has finally fallen in love. So stop crying.” Jonghyun looked at Yoochun a bit confused.
“Why do you say that?”
“Well she came to my room crying because she didn't know how to cheer you up. She was worried about you so she cried. She never done that before, only when my mother died which was a long time ago. If you're crying because you fear of losing her because you have to move back then don't cry. You'll have her besides you.”
“How did you know Mom called me to go home?” Jonghyun questioned as he raised his eyebrows.
“You were screaming at your mom, I'm just across from you so heard everything.”
“Ohh...”

End Of Flashback

- - -

The next day Jonghyun bid his farewells. He hugged Hyerin leaving her with a kiss on the cheeks.

“I'll come back for you!” He smiled then got into Yoochun's car, Yoochun was taking Jonghyun home to make sure he'll be alright. He was also curious about Seohyun, the girl who broke his heart. He wants to see how she looks like. After the car was too far to see Hyerin walked inside and went up to her room. She sat on her bed and looked out the window. Without Jonghyun living in the house it suddenly feels empty, no one to bother Hyerin, no one to sing out loud to annoy her anymore. Hyerin sat on her bed and brought her knees to her chest. She rested her chin on her knees staring out into space. Hyerin was never ready to fall in love with Jonghyun, she never wanted to fall for him but as time passed she got to see the real him, the nice, gentle, and sweet Jonghyun, eliminating the dirty playboy image out of her head.

'What am I going to do now that Jonghyun is gone? Its not a big issue right? I'll just live like how I did before he came.' Hyerin thought to herself then tried her best to smile, but it didn't work. She knew she couldn't live life like before. Getting frustrated with herself she jumped out of bed and walked towards her window, and opened them. Once the window was drawn open she suddenly felt the wind kiss her neck and cheeks. The wind blew softly blowing her hair back from her face.
“YAH Jonghyun ah! You better come get me from this hole! If you don't show up once summer ends I'll BURN your heart to the ground! So NO ONE can EVER fix it!” Hyerin screamed out the window then sighed.
“And what if I come to get you before the summer ends will you still burn my heart?” Jonghyun's voice was heard from behind. Hyerin was confused. Why is she hearing his voice? She dug her ears then looked outside waiting for Yoochun to return so she won't feel so lonely.
“Why aren't you answering me?” There it goes again his voice. Hyerin was getting annoyed, his voice is making her miss him more.
“YAH if you don't stop talking in my head I'll kill you!” Hyerin screamed while hitting her own head. She heard a chuckle. She's going crazy...
“Stop hitting yourself. I'm right here!” Jonghyun said, he walked behind Hyerin then hugged her from behind resting his head on her spine. “I couldn't go home without you. I need you. I think I'm too fond of you now. I can't be a minute without you. I thought I was going to go crazy in the car. Hyerin ah, if I asked you to go home with me what would your answer be?”
Hyerin turned around to see if it was really Jonghyun, she can hear and feel him but she couldn't see him. She turned and there he was, right in front of her eyes. “Why are you here? You're supposed to be at home.”
“HEY! I asked you a question first!” Jonghyun pouted. He smiled before speaking. “I told you I can't be without you. I can't go home if you're not going to be there with me. I need you to come home with me. Even if summer isn't over I can still take you home can't I?” Hyerin looked at him then smiled, a sign that he can take her home early. Jonghyun looked into her eyes then kissed her soft lips, they locked lips for 10 seconds before pulling away.
“Let's go! I want you to meet Seohyun the girl who broke my heart! And I want her to meet the girl who threaten to burn my heart.” Jonghyun laughed, as Hyerin stared at him.

- - -

“Mom we're home!” Jonghyun shouted as he entered his old house. The maids smiled at him then at Hyerin, each of them having a small smirk on their faces. He did it! They all thought.
“We're in the living room hun, leave your stuff there by the door. Come say hi to Seohyun, she is so beautiful now!” Mrs. Kim cooed from the living room. Hyerin looked at Jonghyun shaking her head. She doesn't want to go see his mother anymore. Jonghyun smiled at her then dragged her towards the living room.
“OMO! Jonghyun did you...did you....YOU BROUGHT ME A DAUGHTER IN LAW!!!” Mrs. Kim jumped from her seat and ran towards Hyerin hugging her then kissing her. Jonghyun smiled but it suddenly disappeared when his eyes laid on Seohyun, she sat on the sofa, his mother was right. She is beautiful. Jonghyun gave Seohyun a little nod before taking Hyerin's hands.
“Yes mom I brought you a daughter in law. We made a deal to bring her home before summer ended, but she couldn't wait so I took her home today!” As Jonghyun finished his sentence Hyerin glared at him.
“Omo come, come, come sit.” Mrs. Kim dragged Hyerin and sat her right next to Seohyun. Jonghyun stood and looked at them, the three ladies in front of his eyes. He looked at his mother, at Hyerin, and at Seohyun. His mother was smiling and giggling to herself, Hyerin sat on the sofa with a mad expression as she played with her fingers. Seohyun sat on the sofa legs crossed with her hands in her laps. Hyerin doesn't fit the picture. Jonghyun laughed out loud, thinking to himself he's got the greatest but meanest girl in the world all to himself. Seohyun glared at Hyerin and got up.
“Mrs. Kim I have to go now.  Nice seeing you.”  She bowed before walking off, Seohyun stopped in front of Jonghyun, “Nice to see you too Jonghyun.  I hope we can talk later.”  Her eyes scanned Jonghyun, if her eyes could eat, it'll already eaten Jonghyun's whole face, she looked at him with lustful eyes.
“No can do!  I don't have time for anyone else but my mom and Hyerin.”  Jonghyun walked past Seohyun to sit next to Hyerin.  With one last glare she walked out of the house mumbling to herself, how lovely.

---------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked it, its a bit long.  I felt that I dragged the one shot too far so I ended it, its not really good but I hope you liked it and sorry for the long wait!