The Bad Boy Part 1

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

Title: The Bad Boy
Featuring: Im Siwan (ZE:A) and Naomi Park
Requester: SHINeeFever
One-Shot writer: phantom knight

__________________________________________

[Third Person POV]

“Yah! Im Siwan Aren’t you tired yet?!” a panting buff man shouted to a young man, who’s forcing his bruised, battered body to stand up.

The sky was dark and most of the population in the city was deep in their sleep. However, these two men were wide awake, their bodies burning in fury.

“Ahn Yeongjin! I’m never tired!” the young man named Im Siwan confidently exclaimed, successfully bringing his whole body up. “We wouldn’t be in this situation if you didn’t kiss my girl!” Yeongjin yelled, his voice bouncing off the walls of the narrow alley.

“Whoa. Look dude, she kissed me.” Siwan explained trying to regain his strength to be able to continue the fight. “Whatever! You still kissed my girlfriend. For that you’ll pay!” the buff man ended the conversation, aiming his fist on the ‘pretty boy’ face of Siwan. Nevertheless, even before he received the powerful punch, the young man was able to dodge the attempted attack and countered with an uppercut to Yeongjin’s chin, knocking him out for good.

~•~•~•~

“Agh. That Yeongjin can pack a punch.” Im Siwan whispered to the wind.

The pretty boy painfully strode the quiet streets leading to his home.  After a few minutes of walking under the bright full moon, he arrived at his extravagant and modern crib.

Siwan made his way inside enduring the twinge he’s experiencing. He dropped his bag on the wooden floor and threw his school blazer on the couch. The high school student went straight to his bedroom and showered. Subsequently cleaning his self up, he visited the kitchen to grab a meal and satisfy his appetite.

“Why are you home so late?” a voice echoed from his back. Siwan faced the silhouette and answered, “Since when did you care?”

“I’m your mother Siwan!” the woman retorted grabbing him by the chin.

The pretty boy revolted, freeing his self from his mother’s tight grip, “Shut up~! Don’t call yourself my mother. You never acted like one.”

His mother froze in place and Im Siwan moved about the area as if nothing had happened. He snatched a bowl of left-over Chinese noodles, gabbed a cold bottle of soft drink and a bar of milk chocolate in the fridge.  He passed his mother, not feeling guilty for his recent action. He walked towards his room and locked the door.  Siwan crashed on his bed, took a pair of wooden chopsticks from his drawer, broke it in two and began filling his stomach with noodles.

~•~•~•~

The sun rose lightly through Siwan’s room bringing a less gloomy atmosphere.  His alarm clock sounded, waking him up.  He instantly searched for the switch and turned it off, thus putting him back to sleep.  Probably it’s not yet time for him to wake up.  His mobile phone rang next, disturbing the restless guy once more.

 

“Who dares to call me this early?” he answered, in a rude manner.

“Yah Im Siwan! Don’t tell me you’re not attending school again?” the voice in the other line was full of ‘implied’ concern.

“Who the heck is this?!” the irritated Siwan rephrased his question.

“Hmm… I’m not sure who this is. Who is this?” the person just wouldn’t answer and kept prolonging the conversation.

“Kanghee? Why do you have to be so loud, it’s EARLY in the morning?” The pretty boy released a rebellious groan also emphasizing ‘early’ in his sentence.

“Of course! Your best friend needs to wake you up or else you’d be late for school again.” His best friend Kanghee tried to sound assertive even if his tone was merry.

“Seriously Kanghee why do you care so much?”

“Just get here!” The cheerful friend suddenly hanged up on him ending the call.

The pretty-bruised-boy dreaded to get up, but for his friend, he forced his aching body to leave the comforts of his bed.

After bathing and fixing his self, Siwan went straight to the kitchen to pick up a piece of toasted bread on the counter. He took his bag on the same spot he left it last night. He slung his bag over his less wounded shoulder and proceeded outside.

The rays of the morning sun struck him, reminding the young man he was still alive.

“I hate mornings.” He said out loud and began walking towards the direction of the school.

~•~•~•~

“There he is!” Kanghee spotted the drowsy Siwan amongst the sea of students. He instantly jumped on his friend and secured him in a friendly headlock. His other ‘troops’ Hyungshik and Kevin followed Kanghee and began teasing the helpless pretty boy by pinching him and pulling his hair.

Talk about childish?

“Wow! I can’t believe you didn’t use your awesome bike today!” Hyungshik shouted right at his ear.

“Ouch! Come on guys stop it!” Im Siwan finally complained trying to break free.

Kevin and Hyungshik had a sudden reaction, “Huh?” they both gasped placing their hands on their lips.

“Kevin did you hear what I just heard?”

“Yes, Hyungshik I heard what you heard.”

“Siwan actually raised the white flag.” They simultaneously alleged as they kept glancing at the ‘headlock-ed’ friend.

“I have fresh wounds alright.” Im Siwan explained meekly, finding it hard to talk.

His ‘beast’ friend soon released him, “Why? You got in a fight?”

“Well, I’m not sure you could call that a fight. That Yeongjin guy was weak.” Siwan lied with confidence.

“The college student?” Kevin asked.

Siwan gave him a straight but short answer, “Yup, the college student.”

“Yeah right.” The cute Hyungshik elbowed the pretty boy’s stomach.

“Alright. He was stronger than I expected and my glare didn’t work on him because he was drunk. He’s actually more aggressive when he took in a heavy dose of alcohol.” Im Siwan easily spilled the truth.

“We can’t believe you survived!” the two were in a duet again.

“We’re just happy you’re not dead Siwan.” Kanghee placed his arm on his best friend’s shoulder, sort of cheering him up.

“I’m so proud to be your friend! You really are my idol!” The fan boy Kevin butted in the ‘moment’ as he messed up Siwan’s hair.

“Come on man! Not the hair.” The victim blurted out with much irritation.

The four walked side by side as they entered the school gates. Every pair of eyes was on them as if they were popular celebrities. The girls’ hearts were melting completely while the guys’ were full of envy.

While they were walking there was this one student who was looking at them with so much hate, especially at Siwan.

“Hey guys, isn’t that Junhyung?” Hyungshik was the first one to notice someone was looking at them stated.

They all halted for a moment and aimed their eyes at the person Hyungshik was referring to.

“What’s his problem?” Im Siwan wondered, rolling his eyes at the guy.

“Maybe he’s just jealous because you are way more popular than him.” Kevin assumed as he scratched his head in confusion.

Siwan scoffed, “Look it’s not my fault I transferred to this school. Maybe he was Mister Popular back then but I’m holding that title now.”

“I would like to correct that statement best friend. It is your fault why you transferred here. You were flunking at our old school. And I still can’t believe you convinced us to join you in this school.” Kanghee explained bursting Siwan’s ‘dream bubble.’

The pretty boy suddenly became speechless and after a few seconds he responded, “Okay so it was my fault, but I can’t blame the people for liking me more.”

His three friends stared at him as a reaction. They all began laughing at Siwan’s statement, catching more attention than before.

“Yeah right~!” Kanghee elbowed him.

“Let’s just head to class.” Kevin insisted dragging the pretty boy inside the building.

On the other hand…

“Junhyung~! Why are you looking at Im Siwan’s gang like that?” a sweet-toned girl asked as she glanced at the group of boys entering the school building.

The edgy Junhyung sighed before answering, “I just never liked him. His name spells trouble.”

The girl clicked her tongue, “Just don’t mind him anymore. If you keep on acting like that towards him, you might be the one to get in trouble.”

He narrowed his eyes at the girl, “Jessica, don’t bother me? It’s my problem. I’ll handle it all by myself.”

Jessica replied with sarcasm, “Well, I was just giving advice. Sorry to bother you Mister Independent.”

Before Junhyung spoke up another girl interrupted them with a, “Good morning!”

“Good morning Naomi~!” Jessica greeted Naomi back while his friend just smiled.

“Let’s get to class?” Naomi suggested.

The two nodded their heads and proceeded to their room.

~•~•~•~

A few minutes before dismissal…

“Class, remember to do your Math homework! I’ll check that the day after tomorrow~!” The strict and loud Math teacher reminded the class –where Im Siwan belongs to. As soon as he was done talking, the bell rang.

The teacher left without saying goodbye. The students also vacated the room right after the strict teacher.

Im Siwan was the first to come out and headed straight out the school.

Outside…

He was immediately greeted by swooning girls, asking him out. The pretty boy gave each girl a charming smirk. The ‘fan girls’ suddenly froze as they felt their hearts melting, giving him a chance to escape. He rushed out the mob and finally had a taste of fresh air.

He must have been suffocating back there.

“Siwan!” someone familiar called out his name.

“Kanghee.” Siwan muttered with relief.

He strode towards his friends to say good-bye.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” He stated as he did a personalized handshake at each of them.

The cutie Hyungshik pouted his lips, “You’re not coming with us at the arcade?”

The pretty boy gestured a ‘No’ with his head and without saying another word, he left.

On the other side of the school…

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow~!” The youthful vibe of Naomi brought a lighter mood towards her friends.

Both Jessica and Junhyung waved good-bye to her.

She turned her back and walked briskly out the premises of the school meeting up with her older brother Jaebeom.

With a smile she greeted her oppa, “Hello Jay! Thanks for picking me up today. I just have so many books in hand and I can’t seem to encourage myself to take the train.”

Her big bro smiled back and helped her carry all of her books, “You are very much welcome. I can’t blame you for studying so hard.”

The both began laughing and after a few, Jay asked his sister to hop in the car.

When they were settled in the black BMW, they slowly took off.

~•~•~•~

The next morning in school…

Im Siwan and his friends were somewhat obnoxiously striding the hallways. That was the first time that ever happened. Usually these guys get everyone’s heads turned right at them. Today though, it seems like it’s not the case.

“Come on Siwan. What’s bothering you? You’re not like this every morning.” Kanghee, the best friend tried to shake the pretty boy.

“It’s nothing.” He arrogantly answered as he walked faster than the three.

Hyungshik went ahead and halted right in front of Siwan, “Dude, tell us already?” the cutie eyed his friend as well as Kevin and Kanghee. This forced Im Siwan to spill the truth, “Fine. It’s my parents; they were fighting again about that divorce thing.” He stated in the lowest possible tone, so no one would hear his vulnerable story.

“Oh… Look man. We really don’t know how to help you with that, but we just want you to know that we are always here for you.” Kevin uttered as he patted his shoulder for comfort. The other two nodded their heads in agreement.

The bell suddenly rang…

“Let’s all get to class.” The best friend of Siwan insisted and the irritated Siwan followed.

The pretty boy again went ahead of his peers. He walked the hallway with much ignorance that he didn’t notice someone who suddenly came out from his left rushing to get to class.

They both ended up accidentally bumping each other.

Books started flying all over the place as the two fell flat on the floor.

The ‘audience’ had one reaction, “Ouch.”

The now, mad Siwan brushed his ruined hair and caressed his stinging arm.

The pretty boy glared at the suspect and found a beautiful girl lying next to him. He instantly stood up and began collecting his things while pretending to curse the girl right before him, as if he wasn’t smitten by her beauty.

He did not have any intention helping the girl out, because in his mind, the girl was ‘ignorant’ to even see him there.

Wow, look who’s talking?

The girl finally sat up and began gathering her things as well while throwing dagger-looks at the popular pretty boy.

Kevin on the other hand was such a gentleman and stretched his hand over to the girl. The annoyed girl took his hand and carefully stood up. She soon thanked him and left Im Siwan like nothing happened.

As ‘punishment’ for being rude, Kanghee and Hyungshik started kicking their ‘fallen’ friend lightly on his back, “Come on rude boy get up!!!” they blurted in chorus.

When Siwan got up, people around him were already whispering. He childishly frowned at them, “She did not even say sorry to me~!” he threw his hands up and sounded so irritated. “Does she know who I am?” he pursued with much pride.

Before he was about to go hysterical his friends covered his mouth and hauled the pretty-obnoxious-boy away from the crowd.

“Let me go~!” Siwan tried to talk even if his lips were covered, wanting to break free.

The three however acted like they didn’t hear his call but he was persistent, “I demand to be released~!” came out from his mouth.

Hyungshik, Kanghee and Kevin halted and gaped at the pretty boy, “What did you say?”

Siwan had no hesitation in repeating, “I said, I demand to be released~!”

“What movie did you get that line from?” Kevin asked as he released a short laugh in the end.

“I doesn’t matter~! Now release me~!” Im Siwan kept moving around.

The three guys gave each other weird looks. Kanghee bit his lips and then counted to five. In cue they dropped the pretty boy, his precious face hitting the floor. The poor boy couldn’t help but scream at the top of his lungs, “Ouch~!” while his friends mocked him by sneering as they left him behind.

Im Siwan kinda deserves that anyway…

~•~•~•~

After school…

“Naomi, are you sure you’re okay?” the concerned friend Junhyung asked her one last time.

Naomi sighed, “Junyung, I told you” she paused for a moment then continued, “I’m okay. It was a nasty fall but I didn’t break any bones.” She laughed after finishing her statement.

“Are you satisfied now Junhyung?” Jessica raised her eyebrow at the guy.

“Yes ma’am.” He sarcastically replied.

Jessica faced her and brushed her hair sweetly, “That Im Siwan is ignorant most of the time, so you’re not the one to blame for that accident.”

“I guess so.” Naomi responded.

Naomi soon changed the subject, “Hey Junhyung, are you coming with us, we will do our math homework together?”

The edgy guy rejected the offer, “Nah. I still have dance practice. You guys go ahead.” He ended.

“Umm… Okay, see you tomorrow! Take care.” The vibrant girl as expected smiled at him and soon enough both girls ran off.

Meanwhile…

“Come on dude~! Stop it already~!” Hyungshik’s worried voice echoed in the gym.

Siwan shouted aggressively, “You’re not the boss of me~!” and continued fighting with a fellow student.

The pretty boy was able to throw a few punches at the defenseless guy before his three friends finally had enough strength to stop him.

As soon as the ‘madness’ was halted the student collapsed on the wooden floor. The other classmates rushed to him and instantly carried him to the clinic.

Kanghee glared at his best friend, “What’s wrong with you man?!” the once calm guy raised his voice.

Siwan, without uttering a word, slowly walked his way out the gym.

~•~•~•~

“Ugh~!” The pretty boy reacted when Kanghee slapped his face.

His best friend retrieved his hand and said, “That’s for losing your temper on someone who wasn’t even capable to fight you.”

Siwan glared at the guy, “I don’t know why I never dared to beat you up Kanghee.”

Kanghee backed up away from his friend and threw his hands up, “Whoa, now. Don’t plan on beating me up.”

The best friend was saved when loud and angry voices were heard from Im Siwan’s abode.

The pretty boy rolled his eyes, “Not again.”

With a wondering visage the cheerful friend asked, “What’s going on?”

He then sighed, “My parents are screaming at each other again.” He pursued, “I’ll see you tomorrow I better get inside and stop them before anyone gets killed.”

“You’re joking right?”

“Of course…”

Kanghee nodded in relief and instantly fled from the scene because of sudden fear.

Siwan waited for him to disappear before whispering, “…not.”

~•~•~•~

“Get out Siwan~! I don’t want to see your face ever again~!” his raging father yelled at him as he hauled his poor son outside the streets.

“Yah~! Let me go, you old rag~!” this was what Im Siwan retorted to the ‘old rag’.

The pretty-powerless-boy was no match for his father, for he was brutally thrown out the pavement along with his school bag.

“Don’t you dare come back~!” was his father’s last words before shutting the gate.

He tried to catch his breath, “He never meant that. He never did… I always end up coming home anyway.” and soon released a heavy sigh against the dirty cement. He spun around and lay freely on his back. He placed his forearm on his forehead and squinted as he viewed the sunset sky.

After his short ‘relaxation’ time from all that tension he grabbed his phone and pressed the speed dial, “Yah! Kanghee get your back here~!”

~•~•~•~

“Thanks for letting me stay here for the night Kanghee.” The pretty boy stated as he rudely occupied his best friend’s bed.

The friend crossed his eyebrows, “You forced me to let you stay here. You know my mom thinks you’re a bad influence to me. It was actually a miracle she even let you in the house.” He ended, busy concentrating on his homework.

“Yeah, I know.”

Kanghee looked back at his resting friend, “For a change why don’t you do your math homework.” He used his convincing powers.

“Nah. I don’t do my homework.” He arrogantly replied.

“If you’re too proud to do work, why don’t you just read the book?” his ‘beast’ friend suddenly threw Siwan’s Math book right at his face.

Both the book and the pretty boy fell on the wooden floor, “Ouch~!”

Even if he screamed at the top of his lungs Kanghee ignored him.

He dramatically stood his way back up and began flipping random pages, “Boring, boring…” he whispered as he scanned the leaves. When he was about to flip another page something fell out, “What the--” Siwan’s eyes landed on a bookmark. The pretty boy bit his lips and wondered when he ever used a bookmark. He picked it up and was awestruck by what was printed on it.

A happy family of four…

The picture reminded him of his own family, ‘I never had a happy family picture…’ he thought.

However the picture melted his heart…

The pretty boy didn’t want to reminisce so he instantly distracted himself.

“Hey.” Siwan called out.

“Yup?”

“Are you sure this is my book? There is this bookmark that fell out. I think this is your book.” Siwan showed it to his friend.

Kanghee’s brows met, “I don’t use a bookmark dude.” Kanghee showed the cover of his book where his name was printed in black ink.

The pretty boy didn’t realize that Kanghee was not in the picture…

Im Siwan searched for the owner’s name, ‘Naomi Park’ it read.

“Who is Naomi Park?” he pursued asking his friend, “Hey, do you know anyone in school named Naomi Park?”

His best friend bobbed his head from side to side, “I never heard of that name.”

With just a snap Siwan remembered what happened earlier this morning, “That girl…” he muttered.

Everything played back in his mind in slow motion similar to those in Music Videos.

He didn’t notice he was already smiling like he never smiled before, as he imagined the girl he accidentally bumped.

Well, who would ever forget that beautiful face?

“So she’s Naomi Park~!!!” he couldn’t help but scream her mystery girl’s name.

“Naomi who?” Kanghee wondered why his friend got all excited.

“The girl I accidentally bumped into earlier today. She owns this book. We must have switched or something.” He elucidated as his eyes glisten.

His friend was all of the sudden freaked out by his actions, “What about it? Why does it sound like a big deal?”

After that statement Siwan’s excitement was tuned down to zero. He ignored Kanghee’s question. He asked himself why it was a big deal either, besides Naomi would never pass as his type, yes she is attractive but that is it. The pretty boy tried to shake his mind off her and was desperate to find a distraction.

Fortunately for him, he was able to force himself to sleep…

~•~•~•~

“Hey Sica, Are you done with the equation I gave you?” the sweet-toned girl asked while supervising her ‘hardworking’ friend.

“Yeah, almost. I guess just give me a minute Naomi.” She replied still concentrating on the math equation in front of her.

All of the sudden, a knock on the door was heard.

“Come in.” Naomi allowed the visitor to enter.

“Hey Naomi, mom just wanted me to check up on you. She was wondering when you’re going to sleep, it’s getting late.”

The sweet girl halted to think, “Uhm. Jessica and I are still finishing our math homework. We’ll be done in a few.” She responded.

“Do I have to drive Jessica home?” the visitor questioned, pointing at Naomi’s stunned friend.

“No need Jay.” She’s sleeping over tonight.” She refused the offer.

Her brother clicked his tongue, “Alright, goodnight then.” Jay stated ready to leave.

“Goodnight Jay.” his sweet-toned sister uttered.

Jessica came after suddenly having dreamy eyes focused on the buff guy who’s equipped with a very charming smile that could melt any girl’s heart, “Goodnight Naomi’s brother.”

Apparently she was a victim.

Jay soon left and Sica started giggling all to herself while blushing intensely.

“Yah, Sica. What’s happening to you?”

“Honestly, your brother is so hot.” Her friend Jessica laid down the large soft bed covering half her face with her book.

“Stop it and just do your homework.” The sister stated, laughing at her friend’s reaction.

The blushing Sica sat up having a crazy thought in mind, “JaySica.”

“Huh?” Naomi got disrupted once more.

“JaySica. How does that sound as a couple name?”

“Oh stop~!” Naomi jokingly threw a pillow aiming at her fantasizing friend’s face.

“Okay. Okay.” Her friend pursued, “May I borrow your book?” she requested.

Naomi nodded and handed the book to Sica.

“Hey Naomi, this is not your book.” She noticed while scanning the pages.

The sweet girl pouted, “What are you talking about?”

Jessica began flipping the pages, “It’s like this book has never been opened, still looks new.”

Her pout turned into a frown, “That’s impossible.” She uttered, snatching the book from her friend’s hands.

She looked over the pages and as she went further she started panicking, “You’re right, this is not mine. I couldn’t even see my bookmark anywhere.”

“Hmm… I wonder who got yours.”

“I can’t find any name written here. How am I supposed to know who got mine?” Naomi sounded hopeless all of the sudden.

Jessica came up to her and comforted her with an embrace, “I’m pretty sure you’ll find yours. In the meantime you could use this ‘unused’ book.”

~•~•~•~

Next school day…

“Could we head inside now? We’re bored.” Hyungshik complained at their eager looking friend.

Siwan glared at him, “We’ll wait for that Naomi girl alright? I want to give her book back.”

Interesting… the bad boy was planning to do a good deed?

“We’ve been standing here for five minutes now.” Kevin backed Hyungshik up.

The pretty boy transferred his glare to Kevin and said, “Do you want to die?!”

The two complainants suddenly drew a few steps behind the almighty best friend Kanghee, “Protect us Kanghee.” Both muttered.

“Dude, you could wait for her alone. Why do you have to drag us along with you?” his best friend stated.

Im Siwan aggressively grabbed Kanghee by his uniform, “Because I want to.” He angrily stated.

Kanghee gulped and smiled at his friend. Siwan eyed him before letting him go.

As soon as his best friend was freed, “Stop complaining guys! He wants our support!” he instantly sided with the pretty boy.

The almighty Kanghee wasn’t capable of ‘protecting’ them.

Im Siwan spun around and continued his search for ‘her.’

His eyes widened when ‘she’ stood out from the crowd, “There she is…” he whispered.

He waited for her to come near before approaching her, however he took a step back and his courage was drained in an instant. He couldn’t move his whole body. He just couldn’t do it.

Siwan cleared his throat and stated, “Let’s go.” He rushed inside without even waiting for his buddies.

~•~•~•~

“See you later.” Junhyung bid goodbye to his friends and went his separate way while the girls went in their room.

They made their way to their respective desks and as soon as Naomi reached hers she noticed a small post-it note on her table.

It says:

‘Meet me at the school’s garden after school. I have your book.’

However the ‘stranger’ did not leave any identification whatsoever…

It sounds a little scary for the sweet girl, yet the idea of it being a secret admirer overcame her mind.

Naomi squealed softy to herself and went over to her friend Sica to bring her the ‘good’ news.

She shoved the small note at her face because of excitement. It was the first time it happened to her and she was just so blissful about it.

 

Jessica read the note softly and gave her friend a weird look, “That note sounds suspicious to me…”

“I think he’s a secret admirer or something.” Naomi responded.

Sica sighed, “Hmm… I’m not sure about this Naomi. Maybe someone’s pulling a prank on you.”

The sweet girl just had to disagree, “I don’t think so…”

Her friend took the note and inspected it, “If you’re going to get your book, I should really come with you and let’s ask Junhyung to tag along.”

Naomi laughed, “I can do it alone. Trust me Jessica.”

Her worried friend bit her lips, “It’s this anonymous writer whom I don’t trust.”

The bell suddenly rang, as a sign that classes were about to start. Therefore their conversation was cut short.

~•~•~•~