My Wife

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

Title: My Wife
Writer: SaMaNtHa
Characters: Kim Gyuri, and Yong Junhyung
Note: Sorry for taking so long with your one shot!  And sorry in advance if there are a lot of mistakes!  Its too much for me to re-read and revise sorry!  I'm being lazy haha!  Hope you enjoy your one shot!

_____________________________________________________________________________




Aigoo I’m so tired.  I plopped onto the slush sofa and reached for the TV remote controller.  Click, click.  I kept hitting the buttons until I found something that’ll entertain me.  Finally I can relax and watch something entertaining.  I was just about to feel comfortable when I heard Umma’s voice…again.
 
“Yah Junhyung!  Come here for a second.”  I placed the controller on the sofa next to me and ignored Umma’s voice.  I loved her but she talks too much, she always wants to talk to me.  I’m so tired of her, its not that I hate her its just I hate her voice, its ongoing non stop.  “Junhyung ah!  Come here!  Umma has to talk to you.”  Once again I ignored her closing my eyes I ruffled my hair in frustration.  I can still hear her voice booming in my ears.  “Junhyung!~”
 
“WHAT?”  Fine I surrender.  “What the hell do you want Umma?”  I sped walked to the kitchen table where she was located.  “I just got back from soccer practice, I’m tired and hot.  Can’t I just cool off awhile and watch some TV before taking a shower and do my school work?”  Umma looked at me and patted the chair next to her totally ignoring what I just said.  “Umma you’re killing me.”  I said before pulling the wooden chair from the table.  I moved it further from Umma before sitting down.
 
“Hun, we need to talk.  Since your father is going to go live in Japan due to his work I think we need another person in the house.  Since just the two of us it’ll be pretty boring don’t you think?  And you’re already 23 years old I never seen you with a girl before.  I’m afraid you’ll never find a wife before turning 30.  I-”  Before she could continue I cut her off.  I knew where this was going.  I oppose.  I will not go on a stupid blind date with dumb and desperate girls.
 
“No Umma.  I’m not going on any blind dates.  If you want some company go buy yourself a cat or something.”  Umma looked at me with her death glare.  I knew she was going to argue with me.
 
“I never told you to go on a blind date!  I’m not that desperate!”  She giggled.  “I was talking about having my friend’s daughter here for the summer.  Since you know the Kim’s are going to Japan too, with your father and since their daughter doesn’t want to move to Japan with them I agreed to let here stay with us!  That way we won’t be so lonely and maybe, just maybe you’ll fall in love!  I never seen her but I always hear Mrs. Kim talk about how great her daughter is!  I want a daughter too, even if its just for the summer!”  
 
“Okay you wanting a daughter has nothing to do with me or my love life.  I don’t care if you get a stupid daughter.  As long as she’s old enough to feed and change herself then I’m good.  I hope she’s those shy type it’ll mean less confrontations!”  I slammed the table top with my palms before getting up from my seat.  I should go take a shower I don’t feel like relaxing anymore.  I jogged up the stairs to my room to retrieve my clothes.  Slinging them over my shoulders I walked to the bathroom undressing myself before jumping into the cold shower.  I don’t know why but I really like to take cold showers it makes me all tingly and I transform into a goose it feels nice.  My favorite part is when I get out of the shower the warm air envelopes me it feels so nice!  
 
- - -
 
“Hello?  Omo is that you Gyuri?  Your mother told me so much about you!”  Mrs. Yong sat on the far end of the sofa and cooed into the phone resting on her shoulder and right cheek.  “Omo really?  Tomorrow you’ll come visit?  Omo really?  I cannot wait to see you!  You sound so pretty!”  I snapped my head towards Umma giving her the ‘shut up I’m watching TV face.’ but all she did was laugh louder.  “Omo, omo!  When you come visit lets go shop and bring along my strong boy to help carry our bags!  He has nothing to do on a Saturday night anyways!”  Umma looked at me and gave me a thumbs up as I shook my head.  I swear Umma is such a busybody always trying to pimp me out to girls.
 
I turned off the TV and went upstairs to my room, that was the only place I’ll have peace and quiet.  Placing my on my bed I sat and stared at the carpeted floor.  I’m so bored.  I want to go out and play but everyone is busy.  They all have things to do unlike me, whose here, sitting like a bum.  I stopped looking at the floor and got up, to walk towards the window.  Opening the blinds I looked outside.  The weather seems so nice, the fluffy clouds roaming the sky, the wind teasing the trees.  I want to feel that wind on my skin.  
“Umma I’m going out for a walk.  I’ll be back whenever.”  Closing the front door behind me I began to walk around the block.  I was right, the weather was nice.  Summer has finally came, grass peeked from the melted snow, flowers began to bud everything was nice.  “Ah this feels so nice.”  Walking I looked up at the sky and at the people who walked past me.  I looked behind to see if anyone was behind me and to my surprise there was, in fact she was a girl.  I slowed down my pace just so she could walk in front of me so I could check her out more.  My head was looking down at my feet hoping for the girl to walk in front of me.  After a minute or so she walked ahead of me.  I began to eye her, she’s pretty.  Well the back of her.  I didn’t get a good look at her but I did see her big brown eyes.  Her brown hair fell to the middle of her back.  She’s totally my type.  
 
Aigoo I shouldn’t spend my summer break checking out girls like this.  I turned around to head back home.  Retracing my steps, in 5 minutes or so I was back in front of my home.  Hmm I wonder what Umma is doing?  I hope she’s still not talking with that girl.  She needs to get a life.  I chuckled at my thoughts before walking inside.  
 
“Umma I’m home!”  I walked towards the kitchen where she always seemed to be.  “Umma didn’t you hear me?”  My head poked from the corner of the frame peeking at her at the kitchen table with someone.  She had that person’s hands in hers.  Huh?  Whose that?  I walked towards them and stopped behind my mother.  WHOA whose that?
 
“Oh Junhyung ah you’re home!”  Umma turned her head towards me and patted my arms before turning to the young lady in front of her.  “She’s Gyuri!  My daughter for the summer!”  Umma pointed at her as I nodded.  Ah so that’s the ‘daughter’  I’m so not interested.  Bowing my head I excused myself from the two ladies.  Ugh this day is dragging on forever.  And I thought the ‘daughter’ was visiting tomorrow not today.  I walked back to the kitchen.  “I thought you were going to visit tomorrow not today.”  She looked up at me and gave me the biggest smile I ever seen in my life.
 
“Oh I was too excited so I decided to come today!  I hope you don’t mind my intrusion!”  Of course I mind her skipping into my house, like it already belonged to her.  Looking at her I walked away.  When I walked away I heard my mother apologize on my behalf.  I don’t think she needed to but if she wants to its fine, it doesn’t hurt me.  Okay I know you think I’m a big for being so mean but I’m not an .  I just don’t like the idea of that girl living here.  Its enough with one mouth running every second.  Now there was going to be two mouths running.  I think I’ll have to drown myself in tonight’s bath.  
 
- - -
 
The next day I went to Gyuri‘s house.  Umma made me help her move her things.  I don’t even want to touch her stuff, let alone look at her.  Ugh…Umma is a killer.  I walked out of the house and got into my car, driving towards her home.  
 
“Oh hello Junhyun!  Are you here to help me move?  You’re such a gentlemen!”  Gyuri squealed as she saw me.  I looked back at her and nodded.  When is this torture going to end?
 
“Yeah, yeah just point where the things are so I can help you move it.”  She looked at me and smiled.  And pointed to the thousand of boxes lying on the living room floor.  What is this?  She’s only staying for the summer.  “Why do you have so much stuff?  You’re only going to be with us for the summer.”  Stating that I walked passed her and kicked some of her boxes to get a feel of how heavy it might be.
 
“No.  I’m going to live with you guys forever!  We’re going to get married!  Umma told me it was an arranged marriage.  She said I was your type and you had interest in me so of course I said yes to the arrange marriage!  We’re going to be husband and wife oppa!”  Gyuri held me hand and smiled at me.  
 
“Eww what the fu-”  I wrenched my hands from her touch and ran towards my car.  “You’re a psycho!  I am not letting you stay in my house with your delusional mind!  I’m going to go talk to Umma.”   Rushing into my car I zoomed off towards home.  Now I’m angry.  I’m going to tear Umma to pieces. 
- - -
 
“No, its true.  I’m sorry Junhyung I didn’t tell you about it first.  If I did you would’ve never accepted.  And she has no family here so the only way I could give her a family was make you marry her so she can become OUR family.”  Mrs. Yong rest her hands on top of the boiling Junhyung’s hands.
 
“No Umma.  I am not going to do this.  I don’t care if she has a family or not.  She can become your family but not MINE!  I don’t want to marry a girl for your sake.  What about me?  About my love?”
 
“What?  OMO, please Junhyung, you’re not even trying to find love.  As your mother I decided to find it for you.  I want a grandchild.  I want a daughter in law to help me cook and clean, to go shopping with me.  And to boast about my son to friends.”  Junhyung glared at his mother.
 
“No!  If you want her so bad marry her yourself!  I’m going upstairs you can go help her move yourself.”  After saying my final say I walked up towards my room.  I can’t believe this is happening to me.  What the heck am I?  An object she can tie people to?  I do not want to marry that Gyuri chick.  She is not my style from the looks of it she looks too immature and too kind.  After I ran out of her house she waved at me.  What the heck?  Who does that?
 
“Yah Junhyug ah-” I could hear Umma’s distant call but I’m not going to turn around.  She’s pushed me to the limit, am I not old enough to make my own choices?  Her choice is going to affect the rest of my life.  She is so restless…I hate how she makes decisions for me all the time.
 
Once the sun hid behind the horizon, the moon peeked out.  I looked out the window and stretched from my recent nap.  After the nap I am still angry at Umma.  I cannot live like this.  She’s not only hurting me but she’s going to hurt the ‘daughter’ she loves most!  If Umma wants me to marry Gyuri, then sure!  She didn’t say ANYTHING about loving her.  I’ll treat her badly so she’ll run out of the house.  This is Umma’s lesson, making two people marry each other is never going to work out, without their consent.  I’m going to torture her.  Exiting my room I ran down the stairs to see Umma in the living room sitting on the sofa watching her Korean Dramas.  I hate them, they are so fake and I absolutely hate melodramatic movies…so boring, and they are ALWAYS the same.  The girl falls in love with the bad boy, bad boy hates her.  Nice guy comes in and love her, but she likes the bad guy.  The bad guy falls for her, she breaks the nice guy’s heart.  The end.  I walked in front of the TV and looked at Umma, she seems mad.  Her eyes are glued to the TV screen, eye brows furrowed.  
 
“Umma.”  My arms are blocking the screen but she’s still not looking at me.  “Umma!”  Again I tried to get her attention but she doesn’t look at me.  “Umma!!!”  Finally I hit the power button making the screen go blank.  Now she looks up at me with a hint of annoyance in her face.
 
“What?”  Her voice leaked of hurt and annoyance.
 
“Fine.  I’ll marry Gyuri.  But I warn you we’re not sleeping in the same bed.  I’m not going to address her as my wife or my ‘honey’.  I’m only going to call her by her name.  I am not to interact with her unless I feel like it.  She should not be able to come into my room and touch my stuff.  She is not to clean my room or even look at me.”  I declared.  Umma looked at me trying to hide her smile.  I knew she was happy with that layer of sparkle in her eyes.
 
“Fine!  But just remember you’re agreeing to this!  I never forced you into this marriage so you better not back out.  We do not need to make a wedding until next year since your father and the Kim’s are not going to be back in Korea until 2012.”  She got up and walked towards me closing the straining gap between us.  “Oh I am so happy!  My baby is getting married!  Tomorrow you will go pick up your bride and make her feel comfortable.”  Of course!  Of course I’ll make her feel Uncomfortable.  I smiled to myself before walking away from her.
 
- - -
The next couple of days or so Gyuri finally moved in.  I never talked to her before, its so awkward between us I almost love her for it!  I love how uncomfortable she feels!  Umma is working at the company today so I’m home alone with Gyuri.  It’s only 10am so Gyuri is in the kitchen making brunch.  I clicked the channel until Idol Unit came on.  I enjoy this show its about idols uniting to become a soccer team, they have to form into a team to beat professional soccer player its very interesting.  The idols are very impressive.  For example, the guy name Karam from DGNA is great, and a guy name Dongjun from ZE:A is gifted.  They have skills.  I personally love soccer myself so its fun to watch and learn new tricks.
 
“Umm…”  I heard Gyuri walk into the living room.  Her soft voice annoys me.  Can she speak up a bit?  I knew she was there but I didn’t look at her but instead put the audio higher.  “Umm..excuse me.  Junhyung oppa?”  Gyuri cautiously walked towards me standing beside me.  I shifted my gaze from the TV towards her.
 
“What do you want?”  
 
“Brunch is ready!  Come and eat!  I made a lot of food for you and I!  It’s our first meal together!”  She smiled then took hold of my elbow.  What the heck is she doing?  
 
“Don’t touch me.  I told you once, I do not want to interact with you in anyway.  And physical interactions are prohibited.”  Gyuri quickly let go of my elbow but kept smiling.  Getting up from my seat I walked towards the kitchen table full of food.  It smells good!  To be honest it does look good too.  Even if I don’t like her, I’d keep her for her skill in food making.  I sat on one of the wooden chair and dug into the food.  I ate and ate to my content but I suddenly noticed I was the only one eating.  Looking up from my rice bowl I glared at Gyuri.
 
“Are you not eating?”  She looked at me with her same foolish smile and shook her head.
 
“No!  I’m already full just by watching you eat my food!”  Her cheesy and corny words made my stomach churn upside down.  
 
“Here eat.  I don’t have the appetite to eat anymore…”  I tossed my rice bowl at her and walked off towards the living room.  While walking to the living room I could hear her disappointed sigh but I disregarded it.  This was only the first day!  There are going to be more days to come so she better be ready for it.
 
- - -
 
- Gyuri’s POV - 
 
Sitting on my bed across from Junhyung I feel warm inside.  We are only two doors away!  I can hear his soft snores as I sit here and think about him.  Today is my first day living here, in the Yong family household.  I feel so blissful right now.  I feel like I’m on cloud nine.  Today I cooked for Junhyung!  He seemed to enjoy my cooking, but did I say something wrong?  When he asked me why I wasn’t eating, I said something but I forgot what I said.  The next thing I see was his rice bowl in front of me as he walked away.  I was very grateful he was thinking about me to give me his rice bowl!  I feel like I’m falling deeper and deeper in love with him.  You might think I’m crazy for falling in love with him so fast but I say, its true love at first sight.  His piercing eyes and mischievous grin tugs my heart.  I am head over heels about him, he may not like me now but I know he thinks of me!  IF he didn’t have me in mind he would’ve never given me his rice bowl right?  Ah I’m so happy!  Even if we’re not married yet I want to be his wife already!  Mrs. Yong, or may I say Umma, told me we should hold off the wedding until the others come back; so I’ll wait patiently.
 
- End of POV -
 
- - -
 
A couple of days has passed since Gyuri moved in.  I can’t sleep at night because her stupid giggles keeps me awake.  What the hell does she do in her bed anyways?  She is always giggling.  I swear she is delusional, like I said the first day I met her.  I can’t believe she’s still here.  Her stupid smile is never going to disappear is it?  I think its growing bigger by the day, that’s possible right?  What the heck is she?  Is she not a human?  Does she not see my neglect towards her?  Should I push my limits and become a bigger jerk?  Aish whatever.  I have a game today.  I need to get ready and leave before the guys spaz out on me.  
 
I walk out of the shower and saw Gyuri waiting outside of the door.  Glaring at her I walked past her.  I hope she isn’t following me.  I look back and there she is a few feet away from me.  Ruffling my hair I tightened the white towel around my waist and look at her,
 
“What?”  I asked.
 
“Umm…”  She was reluctant to speak.  I glared at her and moved my hands in a circular motion, hoping for her to speak up.  Any time now.  “I…I…Umm…Umma told me you had a soccer game today and umm…since Umma is at the company again today.  I was…I was hoping maybe…maybe I can come and watch or something.”  Her head was down as I stared at her.  She?  She wants to come and watch?  Does she even know what soccer is?
 
“Sure I don’t care.  Just don’t make a scene or call out my name.  Act like you don’t know me.  I don’t want anyone to look at you.”  I walked away to get dressed.
 
- - -
 
- Gyuri’s POV -
 
After hearing Junhyung say yes I ran to my room when he closed his bedroom door.  OMO he said yes!  I’m so happy!  I get to see him in action.   Did you hear that?  He said he didn’t want anyone to look at me.  Which means, he only want to look at me and nobody else can!  Oh he does love me!  I can feel how protective he is of me, he only wants me for himself!  I couldn’t help but squeal of happiness! 
 
- End of POV -
 
Gyuri walked behind me as we made our way to the game.  I wore my red and white uniform, the shorts were white with red strips.  I wore knee high socks and has a head band to hold my blonde locks.  I also had a sports bag hanging from my right shoulder.  Gyuri kept insisting to hold my bag but why would I give it to her?  My ball, towel, cell phone, water, and clothes are in there she doesn’t deserve to hold my things.  I could feel her eyes on me.  Up and down, up and down her gaze on my body.  Ugh this woman is driving me nuts.  I never looked at her before like how she looks at me.  I wonder if she’s even pretty or if she even has a nice body.  Eww what am I saying.  I girl Umma picked out will never be up to my level.   
 
Once we got there I told her to walk towards the bleachers before I could come out of the car.  I don’t want to be seen with a child like herself.  I need to keep my distance.  Once she was sitting on a bleacher I got out of my car and walked towards the field, where I spotted the guys.  I walked to them and waved at them.  There were 11 of us as a total.  We had Seungho was the goalkeeper since he had quick reflexes.  Doojoon was center, our best player , Yoseob was the left midfield, Hyunseung, the right midfielder, G.O was the right wing, while I was the left.  Cheondoong was the sweaper, Kikwang was the center defense; Mir was our right defense, and finally Dongwoon was the center midfield!  I had a good team! 
 
 
“Of hyung you’re here!”  Dongwoon high-fived me as I smirked at him.  We all began to stretch for the game.  We had 10 minutes to get ready.  I feel confident we’ll win for sure!   
 
Finally when we started the game Doojoon passed the ball to Kikwang.  20 minutes into the game we only made two goals, same goes for the other team so we had a half time.  I sat on the bench and took a gulp of my water.  I haven’t heard from Gyuri for awhile now.  Wonder where she’s at.  I looked around the bleachers trying to catch Gyuri’s eyes but I couldn’t find her, that’s strange but I’m not going to worry about it.  She’s old enough to care for herself.  
 
- Gyuri’s POV -
 
“Okay let’s start.” The referee called out.  Everyone got in their spots again.  I could spot Junhyung running towards the field.  This is my first time watching a soccer game, its so interesting!  I sat behind some high school girls, they are so loud.  I can’t even concentrate on Junhyung.  Besides me sat a girl, she was wearing bid black shades that took half of her face.  She was in shorts and a blue flowy tank top.  Her big brown eyes were her best point.  Eventhough she had shades on I could still see the outline of her pretty almond shaped eyes.  Her brown hair fell to the middle of her back, as it flowed with the wind’s rhythm. She was beautiful!  I wish I looked like her, if I did Junhyung might look at me.  I giggled to myself, if I looked at her he’ll be all over me.  I don’t want that!  I glanced at the girl as she looked at me.  I quickly turned my attention towards the field.  
 
“Hey what’s Junhyung to you?”  I heard a voice.  I looked behind me but no one was there.  I looked to the right but no one was talking to me.  “Here.”  I felt a tap on my left shoulder.  Ah the pretty girl is talking to me. 
 
“Hmm.  I don’t understand.” 
 
“I saw you get out of his car today.  Is he your brother or something?”  I looked at her then smiled.  Ah she was asking what relationship I had with him.
 
“Oh no, he’s not my brother!  He’s my soon to be wedded husband!”  She looked at me with dismay in her eyes.  Did she like him or something?  I suddenly felt uncomfortable but I didn’t want to show it.  “Why do you ask?”  I asked with a big smile.
 
“No…nothing, nothing at all!”  She smiled before looking back at the field as so did I.  
 
An hour has passed since the half time started.  Junhyung them were ahead by two points!  Once the time runs out they’ll win for sure!  I wanted to scream and cheer for Junhyung but I didn’t want to get scolded.  So I kept quiet.  ‘Junghyun hwaiting’ I chanted in my head.  OKAY, only 3 minutes until victory!  
 
BANG, *Screams*  I looked out on the field and saw Junhyung laying on the field.  He’s hurt he just got kicked in the head.  I ran down the flight of bleachers and ran towards him.  He needs to be okay, he needs to be okay.  
 
“Junhyung ah!  Are you okay?”  I screamed, the others looked at me with a questionable look but I didn’t care.  “Junhyung oppa, can you hear me?  Please be okay.  I can’t take you home to Umma like this!”  I screamed.  
 
- - -
 
After I called Umma she sat with me at the hospital waiting for Junhyung’s condition.  The doctor with a long white jacket came towards us Umma stood up to talk with him while I sat with my head down.  I should’ve protected Junhyung.  The doctor said Junhyung is suffering from a mild concussion so its safe to take him home.  He needs to lay down and take pain pills for his splitting headaches.  I told Umma I would be in charge of caring for him.  I was the one who let this happen.  Once we got home Umma went back to the company, she had too much paper work to do so she wouldn’t be home until late at night.  Waving Umma goodbye I walked up to Junhyung’s room, I need to stay by his side until he recovers.   Ah I feel so bad, I could see the red blood seeping through his head dressing, the doctor told me I needed to change it every 6 hours, its only been 2 hours so I still had 4 hours until I had to change it.  Taking his hand in mind I sat next to him.  I’m glad he’s asleep if he wasn’t he’d scream at me for touching him.  Even if I’ve stayed with him for awhile now we never had a conversation or had skin ship.  I’m starting to think he doesn’t like me.  Am I a burden?  I’m known to be one…but I won’t ponder a lot about it.  I want him and that’s that!  I’ll get his heart one way or another.  Sitting by his side is a very nice feeling but it gets tiring.  I unconsciously fell asleep on Junhyung’s chest. 
 
- End of POV -
 
Ah my head hurts.  I opened my eyes to feel the splitting headache wash over me.  AHH it hurts!  I grabbed my head and felt the bandage, as I winced then I remembered what happened.  Ah this is bad, I hope I didn’t get a scar or anything.  That stupid kicker, kicked me on purpose.  Why does my chest feel so heavy?  Looking down at my chest I saw someone’s bed head.  What the heck am I a pillow?  
 
“Yah get off of me.”  I tried to move my hand but it was being held.  What’s going on?  “Yah, yah.”  Moving my free hand I slightly slapped the person’s head but all the did was move their head in a different position their face now turned towards me.  It was Gyuri.  Why is she sleeping on my chest?  And why is she holding my hand?  I thought I said…wow she’s kind of pretty.  WHAT?  I shook that thought out of my head.  This concussion is messing with my brain.  Staring down at Gyuri I looked at her, my eyes tracing her forehead, down to her nose, eyes, high cheekbones, and lastly her lips.  Her thin lip, and pink lips seemed soft.  They weren’t plush but still very pretty, her almond shaped eyes looked pretty even if they were closed.  Her skin was as white and soft as a newborn moth.  Hair silky like the river she was very pretty.  Aish what am I going to do?  I cannot keep having these thoughts.  I need to wake her up now.
 
“YAH!”  I  tried to sit up from my laying position.  Her eyes shot open as she looked at me.  She seemed fearful and blushed.  Why am I feeling hot?  “Get off me.  Who told you to sleep on an injured person?  And let go of my hand, what am I to you?”  I scolded her.  She quickly dropped my hand and looked down at her own hand.  She felt sorry.  But why am I also feeling sorry?  Aish, Junhyung ah, be strong!
 
“So…sor…sorry.”  Gyuri stuttered.  “AH what time is it?”  Her sudden scream made me surprised.  Why does she need to know the time?  Is she leaving somewhere?   “Omo its already 9pm.  I need to change your dressing.”  I sat up on my bed looking at her as she ran out of the bedroom into the bathroom.  Once she came back she had in her hands, fresh pads and bandages.  “Sorry.  I have to do this.  I know you don’t want me to touch you but this is unavoidable.  Please bare with me.”  Ugh. She sat on the preoccupied space on my bed and reached for the bandages on my head.  Her soft hands brushed my cheeks sending electricity down my spine.  What was that?  This is the closest we got to each other.  We were so close I can feel her breath on my forehead.  I can smell her floural perfume.  It smelled so sweet, and fresh.  I never knew she had this smell nor did I know she had white soft skin or did I know I was having feelings for her…AH JUNHYUNG!  You cannot fall for her, if you do Umma will forever run your life.  
 
“Hurry up!  I can’t stand you so close to me.”  Sorry for being such an .  But I cannot fall for you.
 
“Sorry oppa…I’m trying my best.  This is the first time I’ve ever done something like this.”  
 
“Just hurry, I want to sleep my headache is killing me.”  She nodded, after nine minutes or so she finished before she left the room she gave me a painkiller.
 
That night I fell asleep with the thought of me and Gyuri.  What if we worked?  What if we actually can become a happy family?  These thoughts kept boomeranging in my head.  How can I sleep if my brain keeps talking?  I got up from my bed and walked down the stairs.  I feel so dizzy so I held onto the rail for balance.  Walking towards the kitchen I took a gulp of warm milk and went back upstairs.  I wonder if Umma is home yet?  Knock, knock.  I knocked on the door but no one answered.  Wait why am I knocking on the door?  I should just open it, she’s not even going to hear me.  Opening the door I invited myself in.   What she’s not home yet?  Is she pulling an all nighter again?  I feel bad for her, I know I’m a bad son for letting her work so much.  Hobbling, I walked towards Gyuri, just to see what she was doing.  It was 2 in the morning so I doubt she’s awake.  But to my surprise she was reading under her night light.  Ha, who uses night lights anymore?  I walked into her room and sat at her desk,  7 feet away from her.  Gyuri flashed her light at me before turning on the lamp beside her.
 
“Why are you up so late?”  I asked.
 
“I was too worried to sleep so I’m silently reading.”  Gyuri placed her book on her lap and looked at it, not daring to look at me in the face.
 
“Why aren’t you looking at me when you’re talking to me?  You’re so rude.”  I shook my head in disapproval as she snapped her head and looked at me.  She’s too innocent I smiled inside.
 
“Sorry, I didn’t intend to be rude.  But you said you didn’t want me to look at you so I’m not looking at you.  Umm…shouldn’t you be sleeping?  Its already so late.”
 
“You mean early.  Its 2 in the morning.”  I corrected her.
 
“Oh…sorry.”
 
“Are you afraid of me?”  AH what am I saying?
 
“N…no.”  I knew she was lying, am I that awful?
 
“You’re lying aren’t you?”  She nodded.
 
“Why are you here?”  I was taken aback by her question.  I honestly don’t know why I’m here either.  I guess I just followed where my foot took me.
 
“I…I’m hungry.”
 
- - -
 
Weeks and months has passed since my injury, Gyuri is so caring towards me it makes me feel guilty.  Why does she care so much for me when I care so little about her?  Whenever I need help she’ll run to my aid and help me.  When I fall she’s there lending me a hand.   Ah I know I’m talking like a girl but I’m really thankful for her.  I really am.  I think I’m falling for her.  As time went by my brick wall became a fabric wall.  All you need to do is poke a whole in the wall to get over it.  I think I’m falling for Gyuri.  Should I tell her?  I know this is such a stupid question but I need help!
 
“Hello Junhyung!”  Gyuri greeted me as I walked towards the living room.  I smiled at her a sign of acknowledgment.  “I know its been a month now after the injury but are you feeling okay?”  See that’s what I mean, she is so caring towards me.
 
“Ye…yeah I’m fine.  Th…thanks for asking.”  Ah I’m stuttering.  
 
“Oh Junhyung ah you’re here!”  Umma came from the kitchen and my hair.  She sat besides Gyuri and talked to her.  “So Junhyung I see you’re nicer to Gyuri now!  Does that mean you like her now?  Cause as a mother I notice a lot of things!  For one I know that whenever you like a girl you’re shy around them a stutter a lot!  Am I right?  Woo hoo my son is in love.”  
 
“U…Umma!”  I shouted.  She began to laugh as my face began to flush but it seemed I wasn’t alone.  Gyuri’s face was red too.  Its cute.  I shouldn’t try to hide it now right?  I should just be a cool guy and be straightforward.  Stop going around the bushes.
 
“So is your Umma correct?”  I looked at Umma and nodded.
 
“Of course you are Umma!  I like Gyuri and she likes me too!  There is nothing to hide right Gyuri?”  I looked at her as she nodded.  “See.”
 
“Omo my babies are falling in love!  Now that you two are in love please make me babies!”  Umma cooed.  What is up with old ladies with babies?
 
“Eww!  Umma!  Gyuri and I never even went out on a date.  We’re going to take one step at a time and the first step is going out on date.”  I focused my attention at the sitting Gyuri, her head was down, trying to hide her flushed cheeks but I can still see them.  “Gyuri let’s go somewhere.  The summer weather is so nice today.  We need to get out and act like a couple should.”  Before Gyuri gave an answer Umma was commenting on what I said.
 
“What?  A couple?  Don’t you mean a married couple?”  
 
“No Umma, we’re not married yet, remember…Aish Gyuri hurry up and go outside.  Umma is being weird.”  I stormed out the door as Gyuri followed.
 
- - -
 
Gyuri and I went to the beach the wind was nice today and it seemed like the best place to walk and hang out.  We didn’t hold hands since we were a bit awkward but I did help her carry her shoes.
 
“So…”  I started to say.
 
“Thank you for the date!”  I glanced at Gyuri and nodded.  I grabbed her hands and squeezed them.
 
“Why are you thanking me?  Isn’t this was couples do?”
 
“Yeah it is!”  She came closer to me, now we’re a true couple.  I was happy but in the back of my mind I felt afraid, I felt everything was too good to be true.  
 
The sun was sitting high in the sky, its light and warmth enveloping our bodies.  The wind blew salty air but we didn’t mind.  Gyuri and I were too busy getting to know each other.  We talked and talked until the sun began to set.  We drove to a restaurant and ate then walked around a river to digest our food.  Now the sun has fallen, the moon taking its place.  The warm wind from before has turned to cold wind so I took of my outer shirt and gave it to Gyuri.  Walking along the river was a nice thing.  I never done this before so it was refreshing.  We were the only two out at the river but I swear I hear more than 2 people’s footsteps.  Ah im worrynig for nothing.
 
“Hey Gyuri it’s getting cold want to head home?”  
 
“Yeah why not!”  I nodded, we turned around, the wind was blowing stronger now; suddenly sending chills down my spine.  Why do I feel so weird?  We walked a couple of feet before encountering a woman.  She seems familiar.  I think I saw her once but not sure, she has brown almond shaped eyes, her hair fell to the middle of her back…AH she was the beauty I saw that one time when I went out for a walk!  Wonder why she’s here so late.  I stared at her who was in front of me.  Her eyes didn’t look at me but Gyuri.  Did these two know each other?  I looked over at Gyuri as she bowed at the woman.  So I guess they do know each
other.  The girl in front of me took a few steps towards us, is it just me or does she look a bit psychotic?
Leaning towards Gyuri I whispered in her ears,
 
“Let’s hurry up and go home.  I don’t have a good feeling.”  Gyuri nodded.  We walked towards the car, past the woman from before.  I turned around to see where she was, she was still standing at the same spot but now facing us.  She’s scary.  
 
“Gyuri, run to the car.  I’ll be back.  I think I dropped my phone back there somewhere.”  
 
“No let’s go together!”  
 
“No, please just go to the car and lock the doors.  Here.”  I handed her the keys and pushed her towards the car but she wouldn’t leave.  Dammit, she isn’t listening.  “Fine then.  Just stay here and wait for me.”  She nodded before I left.  I need to go talk to the lady, she doesn’t seem right.  The wind was blowing more than ever now, the street lamps were flickering. 
 
“Hello…are you okay?”  I asked the lady.  She looked at me with her blood shot eyes.  “Umm do you need me to call you a cab?  Its getting pretty late and its cold.  It’s not safe for a lady like you to stay out here at night.”  She just looked at me as if she didn’t speak Korean.  She looked a bit lost.  I looked into her eyes Now I know why she looks so weird.  She high, her pupils are bigger than coins.  I should just leaver her alone.  I turned back to walk towards Gyuri and felt wind brush past me.  She was running the lady was running home?  !  She’s running towards Gyuri, whats that black thing in her hands?  I can’t make out what it is.  I squinted to get a better look at the object in her hands.  It was a gun.  !  What’s going on?  I towards Gyuri waving my hands above me hands.  “Get inside the car!”  I yelled but my voice didn’t project, it came out as a whisper.  Gyuri smiled at me and waved back.  , this isn’t right.  
 
BANG, I heard it, I heard the deadly sound echo in the emptiness.  Blood splattered against the cold pavement, Gyuri’s body laying on the ground what just happened?  I stopped in my tracks, what just happened?  My legs were sewed onto the pavement, my eyes swelled from the tears.  I need to help Gyuri, I need to help her.  Why can’t I move?  Junhyung you idiot move.  Come on what the hell are you waiting her for?  There is no time to lose.  Gyuri!  Please, please be alright.  Please…I’ll come for you.  
 
“God dammit!  MOVE!”  I lunged in the air, finally I was free to move.   Quickly running to Gyuri’s side I held her in my arms putting pressure onto her wound.  Damn that prick shot her in the chest.  “Gyuri you better not die.  We haven’t even got married yet.  And Umma still wants to hold babies in her hands.  You better be okay so we can get married.  I promise if you live I’ll make you my wife.  I’ve been so dumb to let our relationship drag on for so long.  Lets make it official hmm.  Let’s get married.”  Still holding her I dialed 119, in 3 minutes or so I heard ambulance sirens.  I swear if Gyuri doesn’t come out alive I’ll kill the person who harmed her.  
 
- - -
 
As weeks went by I spent my whole day alongside Gyuri.  She lays on the hospital bed fighting for her life.  The bullet didn’t hit her heart but it did puncture a corner of her lungs.  They’ve patched it but that doesn’t mean everything is fixed.
 
- - -
 
Another week goes by and still nothing is improving.  I think I’m going to die of waiting.
 
- - -
 
Finally, today is the day, Gyuri is well again.  I am so thankful for her recovery it seems like a maricle.  This is an eye opener.  When you’re in love go for it.  Do not wait for too long because anything can happen to shorten the time spent with your loved ones.
 
- - -
 
“Gyuri shii.”  Umma shouted through the door.  Gyuri was getting dressed for the wedding.  Junhyung and Gyuri decided to hold a traditional Korean Wedding.  Everyone anticipated the bride.  Mr. and Mrs. Yong were happy for their son.  The two parents sat in the audience alongside the aunts and uncles, grandmothers, and grandfathers.  Mr. and Mrs. Kim sat alongside their side of the family.  The wedding was now starting.
 
- - -
 
- 2 years later -
 
“Junhyung!  You better get your two sons or else you’re giving them baths.”  Gyuri yelled from the bathroom.  Junhyung sighed.  He put the remote controller on the sofa and ran upstairs towards the bathroom.
 
“Appa is coming boys!  If you guys are not in the shower by the time I get their I’m going to make the two of you go outside and hose you down with cold water!”  He threatened.  Once the two little boys heard their father’s threat they both jumped into the warm water filled with bubbles.
 
“Thanks hun.”  Gyuri turned back at Junhyung.  Junhyung smiled and kissed her on the lips.
 
“Anything for you my wife!”