Romance 101

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Title: Romance 101
Couple: Lee EunJi & Lee Kikwang [BEAST]
Genre: Romance // Drama // Comedy
Insparation: "Going Crazy" - Song Ji Eun of SECRET
Writer: Channie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"You do know you're failing Math, Kikwang?" Miss Park stood over the black haired kingka and threw his test paper on the desk. 

He just sighed and leaned forward on his desk.  "And your problem is, Miss Park?" Kikwang flashed his signature smile and Miss Park sighed, walking out the classroom to walk to Mr Kim. Kikwang didn't care if he was failing Math class. It's not like he need numerical skills for his future. He felt like all of this school stuff was of no use to him. He felt his good looks, slick dance moves and charisma was all he needed for HIS type of future. He could imagine himself in somewhere like SM, YG or even CUBE.
The 29-year-old Mr Kim walked into the room, Miss Park followed behind him. "Aish, Miss Park. Do we always have to do this? We could always kiss and make up."

 

"Lee Kikwang, now is not a good time for flirting with your teacher." Mr Kim sighed, trying not to lose his temper. He pushed his glasses onto his face in one movement and revealed a piece of paper. "Do you know what this is, Kikwang?"


"Uhh... A piece of paper. Geez, that's not elementary, Sherlock."


"No, it's a list of Tutors in the school. As you might know, we run a Student Tutor program and I've signed you up to it." Kikwang felt his heart stop. More time in the school meant more time for him to lose his mind. He looked down to the desk, trying to block Mr Kim's voice. "Kikwang, are you even listening to me?"


"Yeah, Mr Kim. I was listening."


"Then what was I talking about?" Kikwang took a moment to think.


"A TV programme?"


"For goodness sake- just get out." Mr Kim gave Kikwang the Tutor list. "You're to meet Lee EunJi at 3pm tomorrow. Do NOT let me down again."


Kikwang mimiced Mr Kim behind his back as he left the class. Outside, five of his closest friends were waiting, listening in to Mr Kim's lecture.
 
"So, what did he say?" The blonde one of the group, Dongwoon was the first to speak. The others were a little too uncomfortale since Mr Kim was one of the teachers to fear.


"I have to do some stupid tutor thing."


"It's not all bad, Ki." Yoseob walked along with him, reading the list. "Some of these guys are pretty smart. Heck, even Hyunseung on this list. For... History?" Yoseob looked behind him and Hyunseung just smiled.


"I do like to help sometimes, Yoseob." Hyunseung chuckled, looking over Yoseob's shoulder to the list. "Besides, it could help when I try to apply for University."


"I knew I was right to pick you as the brainbox, Seungie." Kikwang interrupted and stopped walking through the hallway, turning on his heels to his friends. "Now, I'm gonna take this as an opportunity-"


"To flirt with your tutor?" The five boys spoke in unison.


"Not JUST that, fellas. If it gets Kim off my back, I have no choice. I'm just hoping this girl is cute."

- - -
 
EunJi looked at the note from Mr Kim. She had to tutor the Kingka of the school, Kikwang. He was the King Of Playboys. Every single girl knew that he was like poison. Once you date him, it leaves a sickening feeling when he's gone. Especially when that sickening feeling is when he cheats on you. However, EunJi was glad. She knew she could change him.He just needed a taste of reality. That not every girl will fall for his more-than-perfect looks. She needed a plan and she couldn't do it alone. She needed her friends beside her.


"I heard Mr Kim gave you Lee Kikwang to tutor. That is a low blow." EunJi could hear Gyuri's voice behind her. EunJi span on her heels and saw the blonde beauty and four other girls, Seungyeon, Hara, Jiyoung and Nicole.


"You can say that again, Unnie." EunJi smiled and looked away. She was excited yet secretly scared. Kikwang had a past with several girls and she knew he would try to flirt with her. She had to keep a steady head. She was about to put her nerves of steel to the test. "I might need help here, girls."


"Don't worry, EunJi." Nicole gave her signature eye smile. "We know you'll be fine. That Kikwang needs a kick up the backside anyways."


The girls burst into laughter and EunJi noticed the time. Kikwang would be waiting for her. She silently broke away from the laughter and ran to the classroom. Kikwang was waiting when she ran into the room. His school tie around his neck was loosened and his hair was messed like like he was in a fight. EunJi sighed and sat down at a desk, signalling Kikwang to sit beside her.


"What?!" Kikwang gasped, looking at the ice princess tutor. "Any girl would go crazy if they saw this."


"Well, I'm not any girl." EunJi kept her voice at a steady tone, not giving her game away. Kikwang grumbled to himself, trying to think of a new plan.


He has never failed at flirting with a girl. He had to step it up a notch.  Kikwang stood behind EunJi's chair and crouched down so his lips were centimetres away from her neck. He blew a circle softly on the nape of her neck.


"Are you being mean, EunJi?" Kikwang whispered, using his best seductive voice. She didn't seem to care no matter what he did. "Aish... won't you even go out with me?"


"No hope in heaven. Now sit down if you want to live." He sighed and sat beside her, defeated. He never failed but this girl had to be different. Her glare made him jump everytime she looked at him. Being around her felt different. In a good way. Kikwang was beginning to second guess his tactics. The hopeless romantic of Kikwang's group, Hyunseung said that the first signs of love happen the moment you see your true love. Kikwang was now worried that it was happening right in front of his eyes.
Was he falling for his own tutor?  He hated the fact that he was.
 

- - -


"So how is the tutoring with the Kingka going?" Jiyoung said to EunJi while grabbing a carton of Banana Milk. Two weeks passed after EunJi and Kikwang first met and his hopeless attempts to ask her out were spiralling out of control. He sent several flowers and teddy bears to her, only to receive rejection. Kikwang was heartbroken every time and even had to turn to his friends to keep him strong. On EunJi's side, it was getting annoying that she was close to tearing Kikwang into million pieces. She just wanted him to go away so much that she was beginning to question Mr Kim's decision to pair her with Kikwang. She walked to a table in the cafeteria with Jiyoung and Seungyeon. They were lucky to pick a table which had the perfect view of the entire room.
While Jiyoung and EunJi tried to keep their head down, Seungyeon kept her eye on the Kingkas table, where Kikwang and his friends were. She gasped as Kikwang stood up and walked to their table.


"Uh, EunJi Unnie..." Seungyeon whimpered in fright, tapping on EunJi's shoulder and pointing to the emerging Kikwang.


"What is it now?!" EunJi growled at her dongsaeng and then looked over at Kikwang. "Oh great!"


Kikwang smiled at EunJi and knelt down on the floor. EunJi sighed, looking around the room in embarrassment. This was completely out of his character to do this but from a distance, EunJi could see Hyunseung and Yoseob looking on like fan girls.


"EunJi, I know you've heard this many times over the last few weeks... but I really do like you. Please go out with me."


"If I say yes, will you STOP annoying me?"


"I'm annoying you?" Kikwang's eyes sparkled in sadness. EunJi was now backed into a corner. She had no choice. She could feel the word bubbling out like poison.


"Fine... I'll go out with you." Kikwang squealed and jumped up to hug EunJi, in front of everyone in the cafeteria.


"I promise you. You won't regret this."
 
That night, EunJi was walking along side Kikwang beside the Yoojeun River. The stars danced along the water, creating the perfect scene. EunJi still couldn't believe she agreed to do this.
She was dressed in a white dress, walking along side the Kingka of the school, Lee Kikwang. She felt like she was going crazy. Surprisingly, Kikwang wasn't cracking jokes or flirting with her like their first meeting. He was... nice. He gave her his jacket when she was cold, he held her hand, everything she would imagine someone like Hyunseung would do. She wouldn't be surprised if Kikwang was wearing a wire but... he wasn't.


"So, did you..." Kikwang nervously stuttered, another thing out of his character. "Did you enjoy the movie?"


"Yes, Oppa. Thank you for tonight. It was... interesting." Kikwang smiled as EunJi talked. He loved her voice ever since they met.  He was slowly falling in love with her and she knew it. She felt the same way too and she couldn't stand it.  The awkardness was too hard to bear and suddenly, Kikwang leaned forward and their lips touched lightly.  One soft kiss took EunJi's breath away and their lips slowly locked in a slow, passionate kiss. The scene behind them was perfect and EunJi could feel her leg kick up behind her like in the classical love story movies. It felt perfect... just like fate brought them together. In their minds, both Kikwang and EunJi wanted this moment to last forever.
 
Over the course of a month, Kikwang and EunJi grew closer and both groups of friends felt like they were gonna be together forever. That was until one day when EunJi ran up to Nicole and Gyuri, crying. None of the girls ever saw EunJi like this before and that meant only one thing - Kikwang was a doushebag and dumped EunJi.


"What happened?" Nicole held EunJi tight as she cried in her shoulder.


"I was walking past and I heard Kikwang and Doojoon talking about a new girl and Kikwang said she was hot and. He. Wanted. To. Date. HER!!" EunJi broke into sobs, covering her face. She was heartbroken, just like the last time she was in love. She kept herself closed away from any male but she saw something on Kikwang, which was wasted on a that he drooled over.
Gyuri looked at Nicole with a stern look. To her, this was the final straw for Lee Kikwang. She strutted away, leaving Nicole to consol EunJi. Jiyoung, Seungyeon and Hara followed closely behind Gyuri until she reached the Social Room, the BEAST Kingkas' usual hangout.
 
"LEE KIKWANG!!!" Gyuri screeched, grabbing hold of Kikwang's tie. "Why do I have a heartbroken EunJi, swearing never to talk to you again?" Kikwang tried to stutter something out but Gyuri kicked him in the groin. Kikwang whimpered in pain, falling onto the floor. "Now, you're gonna tell me excactly what you said to Doojoon."


"Calm down, you psycho !" Doojoon interrupted the fight. Gyuri glared at Doojoon and he suddenly sat down.


"We were talking about Lee Hyori." Kikwang whimpered, his hands fixed around his now tender area.


"As in U-Go-Girl, Lee Hyori?"


"That's the girl. We were reading a magazine and I said I wanted to date her because I was a fan. Not because I don't love EunJi anymore." Gyuri pouted and stormed out the room, followed by Jiyoung and Seungyeon. Hara looked over Kikwang and helped him up to his feet.


"EunJi really loves you, Kikwang Oppa. If I was you, I would do everything in my power to make things right again." Hara bowed to the Kingkas and left.


Kikwang looked over to the five boys in front of him.  "What do I do now?!" Kikwang squeaked like a spoilt brat and Yoseob, Doojoon, Dongwoon and Junhyung looked at Hyunseung.


"Why are you looking at me?" Hyunseung sighed, looking up from his romantic novel.


"You're the cupid dude, Seungie." Junhyung replied, smirking like an idiot. "You're backing away when we need you most." Hyunseung sighed and walked over to Kikwang.


"There is one thing you could try." Hyunseung whispered in Kikwang's ear and he smiled.  The perfect plan for the most perfect girl was now in full swing.
 

-  - -


EunJi woke up on a bright Saturday morning and rubbed her eyes. She was finally ready to let go of Kikwang and continue her normal life.  She ran down the stairs to grab breakfast until she heard a knock on the door. She slowly opened it and saw a familiar boy in a tuxedo, holding roses.


"Kikwang, you're not coming back to me so just leave." EunJi sighed, closing the door but Kikwang stopped it and stood up.


"I want you to know how sorry I am."


"You wanted to date another girl?"


"It was an Idol. People want to date Idols all the time. Even Jiyoung said you wanted to date Jaejoong from DBSK."


"She said WHAT?!" EunJi squeaked, making Kikwang laugh. Past her heartbreak, she couldn't help but admire Kikwang's smile.


"You look so cute when you're shocked, EunJi. That's one of the things I like about you." Kikwang stepped forward and gently held the nape of her neck, pressing his soft lips on hers. "I love you so much, EunJi. Just please tell me that kiss reminded you of my love for you." EunJi felt her heart being put back together piece by piece.


"Yes... I love you, Kikwang." That was the only thing EunJi could say before she pulled him in for another kiss. She suddenly changed her mind about what Mr Park said.  What he did didn't just teach Kikwang math but it taught her about love.
And with Kikwang, she was the prime example of love lasting forever... "until death do us part".