First Boyfriend

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

Writer: Serenity
Requester: keight kim

It was Super Junior’s fifth anniversary since they’ve debuted, and a party was held in Super Junior’s usual practice room where they had been practicing for their live performances and events for five years now. Of course, all members of Super Junior were present, as well as their most respected tomboy choreographer and good friend, Kim Keight. Even Kang In, who was supposedly in the army, came back to celebrate with his fellow brothers.

The practice room was filled with balloons hanging on the walls and Super Junior banners made by their fans. The atmosphere was light and cheerful as most of the members were jumping around, chasing after each other even after their “Bonamana” live performance.

“Let’s play our classic game-‘Truth or Dare’!” Lee Teuk suggested.

All the other members and Keight immediately agreed with the idea. They all excitedly gathered around in a circle.

“Who wants to start first?” Lee Teuk asked with a grin.

“Me!” Dong Hae, the most childish member of the group, shot his hand up into the air.

“Truth or dare.” Lee Teuk asked.

“Mmm…dare.” Dong Hae answered with a playful grin on his face.

“Oh, that should be easy,” Ye Sung commented. “We dare you to kiss Eun Hyuk.”

Keight immediately let out a laugh as the boys were always hinting on guy-to-guy interactions. She didn’t mind at all though; in fact, she was used to it. She had been seeing these interactions the day she started working as a choreographer for Super Junior.

“Why do I always happen to be the victim every time Dong Hae chooses dare?” Eun Hyuk complained, yet there was a slight smile on his face that he could not hide.

“Where?” Dong Hae laughed.

“Anywhere you want.” Shin Dong answered.

Dong Hae quickly gave a peck on Eun Hyuk’s cheek.

“Aish…” Eun Hyuk commented as he jokingly wiped off Dong Hae’s germs from his cheek.

Keight laughed at her best friend’s reaction. “Who’s next?” She asked with a grin.

“Me!” Kang In bravely raised his hand. “I choose dare.” He said with a confident smile on his face.

“Why are you always going for dares?” Shin Dong asked.

“Wait, wait, wait, let’s make this dare more interesting. He completes his dare missions much too easily.” Lee Teuk suggested.

“That’s what you said last time, hyung, but yet, I still completed it without any difficulty.” Kang In proudly stated, causing laughter to come from the other members.

“Not this time.” Eun Hyuk put on a mysterious grin as a marvelous idea popped up in his mind.

“What are you thinking, Eun Hyuk-shi?” Lee Teuk asked as he raised an eyebrow at Eun Hyuk’s mysterious grin.

“Kang In, you’re popular with the girls, right?”

“Of course! What do you expect from the most handsome guy in Korea?” Kang In repeated his usual catch line. “Oh, don’t tell me, Eun Hyuk, that you’re going to dare me to ask a girl out. I’ve done that a lot of times!”

“Not with our Keight dongsaeng before, right?” Eun Hyuk said while gesturing towards their choreographer who was sitting next to him.

She looked at Eun Hyuk with a surprised look on her face while the other members starred at him with a what-do-you-think-you’re-doing face. For the first time when dared to ask a girl out, Kang In hesitated.

“What’s the matter? Weren’t you confident a little while ago?” Eun Hyuk smirked.

“Aniyo, it’s not that I don’t have confidence, but Keight dongsaeng is our dance choreographer after all. If I ask her to go out with me, I’m afraid that there will be consequences… Besides, Keight dongsaeng has never had a boyfriend before; she might not like this idea.” Kang In stated.

“I don’t mind.” Keight smiled. “I’m actually excited to try going out with a guy. Because I’ve never had a boyfriend before, I’m willing to let Kang In oppa to try to be my boyfriend.”

Kang In looked at Keight with a shocked face while the other members starred at her as if she had four ears. Eun Hyuk, on the other hand, smiled.

“Then, the dare shall be for one month.” Eun Hyuk grinned.

“One month? …that’s the longest dare I’ve ever had.” Kang In lowered his voice as he thought about the possible consequences.

“Well, this will be interesting…” Lee Teuk crossed his arms and smiled.

“And the dare starts…now!” Eun Hyuk grinned.

“Wait, wait, wait…there’s one problem. I’m still supposedly in the army.” Kang In pointed out.

“Isn’t that even better, hyung?” Sung Min smiled. “You won’t be as busy as us. We have schedules nearly 24/7. You, on the other hand, will have more time to spend with Keight dongsaeng.”

Kang In slowly nodded his head in agreement. He turned to face Keight and smiled. “Well, then, honey, we’ll be going out for a month.” He winked, bringing Keight to smile with a slight blush on her face.

The other members burst into laughter at Kang In’s cheesy actions. For the rest of the night, the practice room was filled with shouting and laughter as the Super Junior members and Keight happily celebrated their fifth anniversary together.

***
Beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep-
Keight slammed her hand onto the alarm clock on her bedside table. She sleepily glanced at the clock. 10:00AM, it read. She groaned and rolled onto her other side on her bed…

“Crap!” She quickly sat up. “Oh no! I have a date with Kang In oppa at 10:30!!! Ahhh!” She quickly threw aside her blankets and ran to the bathroom to get ready.

“Keight-ah, do you want-”

“Sorry, Mom. Ihaveadatewithoneofmyfriendstoday. IdontknowwhenI’mgoingtobeback, butdon’tworryaboutme. Bye, Mom.” [It reads, “Sorry, Mom. I have a date with one of my friends today. I don’t know when I’m going to be back, but don’t worry about me. Bye, Mom.”] Keight shouted quickly at her mother and ran out of the house before her mother could answer.

“Sorry, Kang In oppa, that I’m late!” Keight quickly bowed in front of Kang In as soon as she arrived at the place that they were supposed to meet up.

Kang In looked at his watch. “Shhhhhh! Don’t say it so loudly, or else the reporters will be after us.”

Keight looked up and that was when she noticed that Kang In was wearing black sunglasses and a white cap. He was obviously trying to hide his identity as a member of Super Junior.

“Besides, you’re just about twenty minutes late.” Kang In continued with a smile.

“Ehhh!” Keight looked at Kang In with horror that she was twenty minutes late. “I’m sorry!”

Kang In chuckled. “It’s okay, it’s okay. I understand. It’s your first date, so it’s understandable. Let’s not stand here anymore. Did you eat breakfast yet?”

Keight slowly shook her head and just at that moment, her stomach growled, bringing Kang In to laughter.

“Who goes on a date without eating breakfast?” Kang In smiled and suddenly grabbed her hand, dragging her to a nearby restaurant to eat.

“Just order whatever you like.” Kang In said after sitting down at a table with Keight.

Keight nodded and shyly smiled. “Kang In oppa is a nice guy.” She thought to herself.

After taking the last bite of the sandwich she ordered, Kang In quickly paid the bill with his own money and dragged her out of the restaurant.

“Kang-…I mean…oppa! Why did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“You paid for my breakfast!”

“Oh…that…” He chuckled. “It’s alright. I think it’s a man’s responsibility to pay for the meals during a date with his girlfriend.” He smiled.

Even though it was only their first date and even though it was technically a dare, Keight already felt her heart beating fast. “Could it be that I’m developing feelings for Kang In oppa?” Keight asked herself as her face blushed.

“Where do you want to go next? Shopping? Amusement park?”

“Uhhh…whatever works for oppa?”

“…shopping it is.” He smiled and held out his hand.

“…eh?” Keight starred at his hand.

“Don’t you want to know how it feels like to be dating? Well, couples hold hands when going on dates.”

Keight immediately blushed. She gently held Kang In’s hand and felt his fingers intertwining with hers.

Throughout the time they were walking around the shops, Keight was smiling. She was very happy that she finally got to experience what couples do. She was even happier that her first boyfriend was Kang In, who turned out to be the sweet and caring type of guy. Even though he may be a bit rough at times, he was still a good boyfriend to her-asking her whether she was hungry or not from time to time and being patient when she was looking through the clothes. She was seeing a different side of him.

“I think this dress will look good on you.” Kang In suggested, holding up a pastel purple colored dress.

Keight starred at the dress. It had been ages since she last wore a dress. She would usually be wearing simple jeans and hoodies.

“Don’t just stare at it. Try it on.” Kang In handed the dress to her and gently pushed her to the fitting room.

Keight slowly tried on her dress as Kang In patiently waited outside. After a few minutes, she stepped outside for Kang In to see. “How do I look?”

Kang In starred at Keight with widened eyes. His heart suddenly beat faster than usual. “Wow, Keight…you look…amazing.”

Keight starred at the dress she was wearing. “Isn’t it a bit too long for me?”

“I think it’s fine.” Kang In commented. “You should wear dresses more often. You look prettier like this.”

“Are you trying to say that I don’t look pretty when I’m not wearing a dress?” Keight jokingly asked.

Kang In immediately panicked, afraid that Keight had taken his words negatively. “No, that’s not what I mean. What I’m trying to say is…”

“I know, I was just kidding.” Keight laughed. “I don’t wear dresses often, but since I’m your girlfriend for a month, I guess I should dress myself more properly.”

Kang In hesitated on how to reply. “Even though this is only a dare, I’m still treating her as if she’s my real girlfriend.” He thought.

“Oppa, if I have the chance to, I’d love to be your real girlfriend.” Keight suddenly stated as Kang In bit his lip.

Keight’s first date surprisingly passed by quickly. She definitely had fun, and it felt like as if Kang In was really her boyfriend. His way of treating her was very different from the way he treated the other Super Junior members. He treated them roughly while he treated her with gentleness.

“Well, guess I’m going home now.” Keight smiled and let go of Kang In’s hand as soon as they arrived in front of her house. “Thank you, oppa. I had so much fun today. This day will definitely be in my memories.”

“You don’t have to thank me. I didn’t do much…”

The two laughed awkwardly, until they realized that Keight needed to go home.

“Bye, oppa.” Keight smiled and bowed. “Thanks for the dress and high heels by the way.”

“Wait.” Kang In oppa grabbed her arm. “Uh…don’t couples usually kiss before the guy sends the girl home?”

Keight hesitated. This would be her first kiss. Deep inside her, however, she wanted to take the chance to know how a kiss would feel like. “Uh…”

“Heh, never mind. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to lose your first kiss to me.” He laughed and waved good-bye to Keight.

“I do actually…” Keight murmured to herself.

***

A month later, Super Junior was completely finished with their “Bonamana” promotions. All the members, especially Eun Hyuk, remembered that this was an important day-it was the end of Kang In’s dare.

“So…how was your one month with Keight dongsaeng?” Eun Hyuk asked as he walked beside his hyung to the practice room.

“Oh, it was great.” Kang In grinned and patted Eun Hyuk’s shoulders. “Thanks for the dare, Eun Hyuk.”

“…no feelings have been developed between you two?”

Kang In bit his lip. “I don’t know about that…” He walked even faster now, making sure that Eun Hyuk didn’t notice his true feelings for Keight.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Eun Hyuk caught up with Kang In, but he immediately shut his mouth when Kang In opened the door to their practice room and Keight was alone in there practicing a dance.

“I’ll leave you two alone to talk things out.” Eun Hyuk whispered to Kang In and left the both of them alone in the practice room.

“Hi…” Keight stopped practicing and smiled at Kang In.

“Hello…” He said in an awkward tone.

The two were left in an awkward silence. Kang In finally broke the silence, reminding Keight that this was the end of his dare.

“Oh right…your dare.” Keight bit her lip and looked down at the ground as a flashback of her first kiss from the day before played in her mind.

“It’s like this… Before I officially end my dare, I want to say a few things to you…”

“What is it, Kang In oppa?”

“I know this may sound unbelievable, but throughout this whole month…the moments we have shared are honestly the best out of all my other dares. They just…seem more than just a dare; they seem real!” Kang In held a strong eye contact with Keight. “In this month, I realized that I’ve found a girl that I’ve always wanted to have as a girlfriend. And this girl…is you, Kim Keight.”

Keight looked at Kang In with shock. She couldn’t believe that Kang In actually said those words to her. Those words were the words she had hoped to hear from Kang In.

“Even though I told you that you should experience what a kiss feels like yesterday, the kiss I gave you actually meant more than just a test trial.” Kang In continued. “I really hope that I’ll be able to kiss you like that…everyday, despite the fact that we’re both busy with our own schedules. I want to ask…is it possible?”

Keight could feel a lump in ; Kang In’s confession was definitely unexpected. Yet still, a smile slowly formed on her face after listening to Kang In’s confession. “Yes, it’s possible, Kang In oppa.”

“Really?” Kang In’s eyes brightened up.

Keight nodded. She ran to Kang In’s side and gave him a hug. “My first boyfriend will be you.” She grinned.

Kang In hugged her back and gave her a tender kiss on the cheek. “I’ll do my best to make sure that your first boyfriend isn’t a jerk.”