A Messed Up Fairytale Part 1

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

~~~~~~
Title: A Messed Up Fairytale
Couple: Jiro Wang & Cyndi Wang
Inspiration: Tangled (Disney Movie) & "Love Attack" - IU
Writer: Channie
~~~~~~

The little cute green dragon whined sadly, waking up Princess Cyndi. The black haired beauty's eyes fluttered open and looked to the doe-eyed beast.
"Monsta... what's wrong?" Cyndi sat up and hugged Monsta, the cutest dragon in the Solaris Kingdom. He was crying for over a month which worried her.
Monsta was a cheerful, happy soul. Always bringing a smile to her face when she was down but this was strange. Monsta always whined when he was sick but Cyndi checked. He was fine. Something was wrong. "I think we need to visit Han, Monsta." Cyndi got out her bed and grabbed her regal cloak. She picked Monsta up in her arms and snuck out the palace.
The moonlight was hidden by stormclouds, which always signal trouble in Solaris. As she stepped out into the cold air, she looked down at her hand as it started to glow.
It was a genetic thing that ran through the Royal Family. Legend said that the Royals could glow as they were the ones shining the light on the kingdom. Cyndi was a little scared of her power at first but she learned to control it and use it to its best ability. She ran through the Town Square to a small bar, GengXin. She kept her head down as she entered the bar. Drunken townsfolk surrounded her, laughing and joking. She was scared to speak in case anyone tried to make a move on her.
She took hold of the bar and looked to the barman. "Can I talk to Han, please?"
The barman nodded and lead her into a seperate room where her friend, HanGeng used for alchemy. His eyes, masked with soot-covered goggles were focused on a small cauldron. Cyndi waited before she gently tapped his shoulder.

"Cyndi?" HanGeng looked up from his potion and smiled, removing his goggles. "What are you doing here? Do your parents know you're here?"
"No, because this is an emergency." Cyndi pulled out Monsta from her cloak. He was now turning blue. "Something is wrong with him. I'm scared that he might die."
HanGeng took Monsta from Cyndi's arms and checked every medical area of him. His heartbeat, his temperature and even his eyes in case he was going blind.
It took thirty minutes until HanGeng completed his check up in the dragon.

"I think I've found the root of the problem."
"What is it?"
"He's depressed." Cyndi's eyes squinted at the alchemist. "Let me explain, dragons express their feelings in a different way. We express sadness by crying... Dragons express it by changing colour and cutting off their fire breath."
"They can't breath fire when they're sad?"
"I'm afraid that's true. If you want Monsta back to his normal self, you have to find out why he is upset. Who knows, maybe he needs more than just you as a female figure."
"Well, love does conquer all." Cyndi smiled and hugged HanGeng. "Thank you so much for helping me. Now..." Cyndi looked down at the blue Monsta. "We need to find you a girl. Maybe some Monsta Love will make you better."

Midnight and Solaris was quiet. Except for one shadow sneaking through the kingdom.
Jiro hid behind the walls of the palace, avoiding the guards. The Lunario Kingdom where he belonged owned something that was under Solaris' control and he wanted it back.
He wanted light from within the palace walls. He wanted to take the princess. 
Jiro climbed up the castle walls and ducked past any guards, trying not to get caught. He knew exactly where he was going and what he was looking for. He smirked to himself, watching the guards walk past oblivious to any goings-on. Running through the corridors, Jiro noticed the slight glimmer from the princess's room. He was close. She was slilently sleeping. No one would know she was gone at all, until the light in the Solaris Kingdom faded away.

SQUEAK!

Jiro was about to touch her cold hand when he heard something stir in its sleep. A small green dragon. It was just staring at him, figuring out what he was doing.
"Listen," Jiro tried whispering to the dragon. "If you keep quiet, you can get doggie treats and I can take this girl away."
It wasn't any use. With a single growl, the dragon lunged forward and bit him on the . Jiro screeched in pain, running out the princess's bedroom, the dragon still attached to him. "STUPID FREAKIN' MUTANT!!" Jiro tried to pull the thing off his and hit it against the wall but it was clinging on for dear life. "Get off me!!" Jiro screeched in pain, rolling on the floor.
"What is going on here?" The princess stood in the doorway, staring at the boy on the floor.

There was a small awkward silence between them until the green dragon ran up to the princess' side.
"Who are you?" Jiro squinted his eyes at the girl.
"I'm Princess Cyndi Wang of the Solaris Kingdom." Jiro wanted to tie her up when he heard that name. She was the one who took everything from him and he wanted her to pay but not right now, he wanted to torture her. "Who are you?"
"I'm... Jiro." He stood up, holding onto the wounds on his hip. "I'm... on a mission from the Lunario Kingdom."
"The Kingdom of Shadows?"
"Yes... We're supposed to... have a meeting with... your parents, the King and Queen on.... the current problem of... The Darkness?" What came out of Jiro's mouth was purified lies. He wanted Cyndi to trust him and then he would shatter her dreams.

Monsta didn't believe a single word of it.

 

to be continued....