I Promise

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

 

Title: I Promise

Characters: Yuri Chinen, Yudai Chiba

Requested by: SeriStrawberry13

Writer: sweetcandie

Notes: thank you for requesting from me again! your stories are always so much fun to write.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Seri, let’s make a promise.” The little girl turned to the boy who had been her best friend for so long.

“Okay. What is it?”

“That when you return from England, we have to look for each other.” Seri smiled.

“I like that promise, Yu.” The little girl hooked her pinky onto the boy’s.

“When I return from England in ten years, I will come look for you. I promise.” The two children smiled at each other as they hugged. It was time for the friends to part.

A man sat in the living room, drinking bottle after bottle of alcohol. He turned to his son, who stood in the hallway just watching. He motioned for his son to join him.

“Son, never fall for one girl. Look at your father. Do I look happy to you? Ha! I loved your mother dearly and look at me now. She left me for another man and now I’m divorced and stuck with a kid. I am a man with reputation and she dared to tarnish it!” The man drunk some more alcohol and then shot his son a look.

“Yuri… ah… no. You must learn to hate that name. Your mother gave it to you and I will not respect that. From now on, you will be called Yu.”

“Okay, father.”

“Promise me that you will not be like your father. You will take for yourself and never love one person.”

“I promise, father. I will not be like you.”

“You will be inheriting my company in ten years. You must not be made a fool of before then. Your reputation will not be an embarrassment like mine.”

“Yes, father.”

~  T  E  N  Y  E  A  R  S  L  A  T  E  R  ~

Seri walked into the airport. She glanced around and took a deep breath in. She smiled upon the familiar scent.

“Despite being gone for so long, nothing beats the home scent. I’m finally home now.” Seri looked at her college acceptance letter to Tokyo University and smiled. She had just transferred from England to Japan for her last year in college. Despite her parents’ intent on staying past their planned ten years, Seri refused to, remembering her promise to her childhood friend, Yudai Chiba.

Seri sat on the bus with the window wide open as she looked out. She couldn’t stop smiling, now that she was home. She got to her pre-rented apartment and immediately went to lay down in her room. She closed her eyes for a moment and pictured Yudai.

[Yu, where are you?] Seri settled down for the night and went to bed.

“Yu, when are you going to go home? It’s already past one. The paparazzi are probably already all over this.” Yu just smiled.

“You’re right. The paparazzi are all over this. Well, it’s about that time. Take care of the girls will you, dear friend?” Yu patted his friend’s shoulder on his way out.

[The joys of freedom.] Yu got into his expensive car and left the club.

“Time for work now.” Yu got home and immediately went to bed. Despite being the arrogant, selfish, childish guy, he still took his inheritance seriously and he knew he was going to throw away his ways once the company was his.

Seri went into the coffee shop across from her apartment building the next day. Today she was going to an orientation and she knew she was going to need to the coffee to stay awake.

“Here you go, Miss. Thank you for ordering from us.” Just as Seri accepted her order, a guy came up next to her to retrieve an already prepared drink from the girl who was also behind the counter.

“Here’s your regular, Yu.” He smiled at the girl.

“Thanks, Ami.”

“No problem. Work hard today. Okay?”

“Yes, whatever you say. Bye.”

[Yu?] Hearing the familiar name, Seri quickly rushed after the guy. She grabbed his arm.

“Excuse me, but your name sounds familiar. Have we met before?” Yu looked at the girl confusingly.

[Is she another fan? Great.] But right before Yu was about to tell her off, he decided to have some fun before finally maturing up. He put forth his acting skills.

“You’re right! You look really familiar, now that I think about it. Where have we seen each other before?” Seri smiled.

[I’ve finally found you, Yu.]

“It’s me, Seri. Remember our promise ten years ago, that we’d find each other?”

[How corny.]

“That’s right. How have you been?”

“Great! Wow, I can’t believe we actually found each other. It’s been so long.” Seri looked Yu over.

“And you’ve also changed a lot too. I hope for the best too.” Seri continued to smile at him.

“Of course. Look, I have somewhere to be now, so I’m going to go. I’ll catch you later.”

“Oh, yeah. Umm…” Seri took out a piece of paper and scribbled something down.

“Here’s my number. Let’s hang out some time when you have time.” Yu took it without glancing at it and left without another word. That was when Seri looked after him with confusion. She shook her thoughts away.

“What did you expect? It’s been ten years. He’s not going to be the same person.” Seri continued on over to her orientation.

That night, Yu laid in bed, pondering on what to do for the night. Then he remembered the girl from that morning. Smiling, he pulled out his phone and the piece of paper that had her number.

It was around 11 o’clock when Seri heard her phone go off.

[Who would be calling this late?]

“Hello?”

“It’s me.” Seri sat up in bed.

“Yu? Do you know what time it is?”

“I know, I know. Sheesh, you’re so lame. Why are you sleeping so early?” Those words woke Seri up. Seri let out her breath.

“You’re lame for not sleeping yet. Don’t you have important things to do tomorrow? Like how I need to sleep so I can go meet up with the scholarship administrators for Tokyo University?”

“You’re going to that dumb old school? You need a more prestigious school for the likes of you. Like Tokyo High.”

“You must be drunk. Call someone else. I have things to do tomorrow.” Seri hung up and took out her battery.

[Something is definitely wrong with him.] Seri let out a sigh as she tried to go back to sleep.

Yu looked at his phone with shock.

“Did she really just hang up on me? Wow. Time to up the game.”

The next day, after meeting up with the scholarship administrators, Seri was smiling from all the anxiety as she felt good about her interview with the representative from the Chinen Scholarship. Excitedly, she pulled out her phone and dialed Yu’s number.

It was around noon when Yu heard his phone go off.

“Who are you?”

“Is that anyway to greet your best friend?”

“Best friend?” Seri stopped in her tracks.

“Are you still sleeping?” Yu sat up in bed.

“Until you called. You know, not everyone has your energy.” Seri smirked.

“Says the person who called me late last night. How late were you up until?”

“I think maybe, two or three…”

“In the morning?! You’re more lame than I thought.”

“What are you talking about. I am never lame.” Seri just laughed.

“What a kid. I don’t have anything planned for later or tomorrow, so I can stay up as late as I want tonight. What do you want to go do?” Yuri immediately got an idea. Smiling, he replied.

“Let’s go to the club.”

“Clubbing? Seriously? Of all the other fun things.”

“I thought you wanted to hang out with your best friend.”

“Fine. I’ll meet you there.”

“No. I’ll come pick you up.”

“Okay.” Seri gave Yu her address and hung up.

That night, Yu arrived in front of Seri’s apartment building. He took the elevator to her floor and knocked on her door.

Hearing someone at the door, Seri quickly dashed out of her room to open the door.

“You’re early.”

“Am I? I thought we said 8 o’clock?” Seri looked at her watch.

“That’s right. Damn it. Give me a minute, okay?” Seri flashed a smile at Yu as she dashed back into her room. She put on last minute jewelry and ran back to the entrance to put on her shoes. The whole time, Yu could just stare at her.

“You look good enough to drag off to bed.” Seri just laughed.

“You look good enough to drag off to the club. Let’s go.” Seri grabbed Yu’s hand and pulled him with her. The contact sent chills up Yu’s back.

[This isn’t right.]

When they arrived at the club, Yu was in for more surprises from Seri. She could hold her liquor in, and she won their bet on who could get the most phone numbers from the opposite . Dumbfounded, he remained at the alcohol counter, just thinking. Not too long after, Seri joined him.

“Are you going to buy me a drink?” Yu snapped out of his thoughts and smiled.

“Yeah. What do you want to drink?”

“I don’t know. You pick.” Not being able to think, Yu just ordered the same drink he was having for Seri. Seeing him, Seri smiled.

“You seemed distracted by something. What?”

“You.” Seri looked at Yu with shock.

“Me?” Seri thought about it a moment, then laughed.

“You’re just joking, aren’t you?”

“No. You continue to surprise me. You’ve dealt with my bad attitude and you’ve even beaten me at my own games.” Realizing that she was talking to a drunk Yu, Seri, buzzed herself, tried her hardest to get clear-minded so she could get the both of them home. Upon arriving at Yu’s place, Seri was once again, in shock.

“You didn’t tell me your family were rich now. You’ve been doing good these years, that I am sure of now.” Seri was let in by a servant and brought him to his room. Thinking she was just another girl that Yu liked to bring home, the servant just closed the door after them and went back to sleep. Once in his room, Yu pushed away from Seri.

“I’m going to go wash up. You can go home now.” Yu went into the bathroom in his room. Upon hearing the shower go on, Seri turned around to leave. But something on Yu’s desk caught her eye. She walked over to it and looked. It was Yu with a girl. The girl from the coffee shop.

[He seems to have a new best friend.] Seri frowned as she looked at the picture.

“I thought I asked you to go home.” Upon the unexpected voice, Seri turned around.

“Right, gomen. I got distracted.” Seri set the picture down. But before she could leave, Yu grabbed her hand. Seri looked up at him.

“There’s something different about you, Seri.”

“What?”

“You like me… for me.” Yu laid a hand on Seri’s cheek and leaned down to kiss her. Too buzzed to reject, Seri just closed her eyes and accepted.

The following morning, Seri woke up in her own apartment. She sat up and rubbed her head.

“I am never going clubbing, ever again. I can’t even remember anything from last night, and that’s the scary part. Ugh…” Seri quickly went to wash up and get ready.

Yu sat on his bed with his face in his hands.

[What am I doing?]

“I will not be like my father. It’s time to end this before it gets too far.”

In the next six months, Seri had started school and was studying very often. However, it was hard for her to focus because things between her and Yu had changed, and she couldn’t tell why. He would call her out to hang out, but he’d always be with other people. He ignored her calls and refused to see her on her own account. It seemed like he had no time for her.

It was another school day. Seri went to the coffee shop across her apartment building and ordered her regular. After paying, she turned to leave. But something caught her eye. She looked over to one of the tables to see Yu with another girl. Nothing hurt more than to see that smile that he could never show around her. As a silent tear fell, she immediately left the shop.

“You’re an idiot for doing this to her. She could very well be the best thing that happened to you.”

“You could be right, Ami. But I don’t want to risk it. I don’t want to be turned into a fool like my father.”

“You’ll be a fool if you let this girl slip into your past and not your future.”

Seri couldn’t focus at school at all. She couldn’t stop wondering why Yu had changed. She wanted the guy from ten years ago.

“I see we have a new student. Yudai Chiba.” Upon hearing the same name, Seri immediately looked up.

“Gomen. I’m still finding my way around. I just got back from China.”

“You can make up for it by taking a seat and getting a good grade in this class.”

“Yes, sir.” This time, Seri was immensely confused. When class was over, she quickly gathered her things and went after the new student. She grabbed his arm.

“Yu?” Hearing the familiar voice and nickname that only she called him, Yudai immediately turned around. Seeing the similarities there, Yudai smiled.

“Seri? Is that really you?” He quickly pulled her into a hug.

“I seriously thought that I would have to break my promise to you.” Seri hugged him back as tears flowed.

[How could I have been such a fool? Of course Yudai would never be so cruel. But who is this Yu that I have come to know?]

Yudai and Seri spent the afternoon getting to know each other since they had no more classes for the day.

That night, when Seri had finished washing up, she went to her computer and typed in Yu in the search engine.

Immediately, information on the Chinen’s popped up.

[My scholarship funders?] Seri continued to scroll the page.

“Yuri… Chinen? Yu?” Seri clicked on the name and found out what she needed to.

The following day, Yu got a call from Seri to meet her at the coffee shop. After hanging up, Yu smiled to himself.

“It’s time to reveal everything to her. Ami, thank you for showing me what I didn’t know.” Yu immediately began to get ready for the day.

Yu walked through the coffee shop entrance with a smile on his face. But when he laid his eyes on a sullen looking Seri, his smile faded. But it was also because she was with another guy. Just at that moment, Seri looked up and saw him. She turned to the guy next to her and whispered something to him. He nodded, got up and left without a single glance to Yu. Immediately, Yu sensed that something was wrong. After the guy left, Yu went to join Seri at the table.

“I have a bad feeling.” Seri could only glare at Yu.

“Of course you should. How could you lie to me, Yuri Chinen?”

“When did you find out?”

“I found out the moment the real Yu I was looking for walked into my life. How could you do that to a stranger, not to mention someone like me, who was missing their best friend the whole time. Do you know what I was going through, when you were ignoring me? I didn’t know what to think or do because I couldn’t figure out why my best friend had changed! I don’t know why I didn’t know this earlier when you were nothing like Yudai.”

“Seri, let me explain…”

“No. I don’t want to hear anything anymore.”

“I was wrong too. You aren’t different from the other girls. You’re just like them all. You could never like me for me. But that doesn’t matter anymore.” Seri was shocked at the tears that were falling from Yu’s eyes.

“Fine, I’ll take the blame for everything. It was all my fault.”

“I-I don’t want to see you anymore.” Yu stood up.

“That can be arranged.” And with those last words, Yu left.

[It was a mistake from the beginning. Why couldn’t I just let it go? Why did I have to lie to her? Why couldn’t I just have said no and left it at that? At least then, there wouldn’t be any broken hearts.] Yu quickly returned to his place to throw away all of his past, for tomorrow, he was going to become the next president to his dad’s multi-millionaire company. And he had promised that when that time came, his old habits would be gone and he would not be like his father.

[It’s time to forget the past the moment I walk into that building.]

Seri and Yudai walked down the streets.

“Seri, are you okay?” Seri forced a smile to her best friend.

“Of course I am. It feels good to be rid of someone with such a horrible character. I just feel bad that I could mistake someone as goodhearted as you for someone like him. I’m sorry.”

“It’s nothing.” They continued to walk and talk, but Yudai knew that Seri was gone from him. That evening, Yudai brought Seri to the place where they had made their promise ten years ago. Upon realizing where they were, Seri smiled.

“This place still exists? Wow… it’s still as beautiful as I remember it too, ten years ago.” Yudai smiled upon hearing Seri’s awe.

“Seri…” Hearing her name, Seri turned to look at Yudai.

“Yes?”

“I… uh… I have something to confess to you.”

“Okay. What is it?”

“From the moment we first met, I have always admired you.”

“As I have for you as well.” They both smiled.

“But during the last ten years, I have just come to realize that… I like you.” Seri remained silent.

“Yudai…”

“More than a friend.” Seri couldn’t bring herself to answer.

“Yudai, I…”

“Seri, we’ve waited ten years already. You can’t tell me that you don’t share the same feeling as me? We were so similar in so many ways. I could always tell you my secrets and my pain. And I want to be able to do that with you forever.”

“Yudai… I… I’m sorry, but I don’t like you in that way. I’m really sorry.” There was some silence.

“I think… that there was a time. A time where I did want to be your girlfriend… but that’s changed now.”

“Because of Yuri Chinen?”

“Be-Because I don’t know you anymore. Yudai, we only met up a few days ago. We aren’t the same people from ten years ago anymore.”

“Seri… I haven’t changed much.”

“Yudai, you have. You’re still a good guy, that I don’t deny. But I don’t know you anymore. And it’d take awhile to get to know you again. As for me, I’ve changed too. I don’t know if I’m good enough to be your girlfriend.”

“Seri, I do know you, and right now, you’re just making excuses so you don’t have to directly refuse me. You can just say that you don’t like me.” Seri smiled.

“I do like you, just not in the same way that you like me.” Yudai just looked at his feet. He took in a deep breath and turned to face Seri.

“You also seem to have fallen for Yuri.”

“How could I, Yudai?”

“That, I don’t know, but you have.”

~  F  L  A  S  H  B  A  C  K  ~

“I was wrong too. You aren’t different from the other girls. You’re just like them all. You could never like me for me. But that doesn’t matter anymore.” Seri was shocked at the tears that were falling from Yu’s eyes.

“Fine, I’ll take the blame for everything. It was all my fault.”

“I-I don’t want to see you anymore.” Yu stood up.

“That can be arranged.” And with those last words, Yu left.

~  E  N  D  ~

“Despite being the cruel person he was, he seemed to want to trust me. But in the end, I proved him wrong.”

“You can’t take all the blame.” Seri smiled.

“I don’t, but I do… love him.” Yudai put on a smile, but deep inside, he wanted to murder Yuri.

[How can you lie to and play around with someone as good-hearted as Seri?!]

As Yuri was getting dressed for the day, there came a knock on his door. Quickly buttoning up the last of his shirt, he dashed to the door. The moment he opened it, a fist came flying to his face. He stumbled back a few steps, holding his jaw.

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” Upon seeing the face, he recognized it to be the one that he saw with Seri the day before. Anger and jealousy immediately errupted in him.

“Get the hell out! I ended that part of my life already! I don’t need you to come shove it in my face that I’m a jerk!” Hearing the confession, Yudai laughed.

“So you admit to it? Wow, and to think I had to come all this way to tell you. Do you mind?” Yudai took a seat on Yuri’s sofa. Confused, Yuri joined him.

“I guess that punch didn’t feel too bad. You know, I really liked Seri, and I had hoped that when I returned, we could become a couple.” There was a moment of silence.

“I hadn’t expected her to run into someone else, and you changed her. It’s not a bad thing anymore though, now that I think about it. She was right, you know. We have changed. What I had felt for her was a hope I had held onto for ten years.” Yuri just stood up and set his hand on Yudai’s shoulder.

“It takes a lot to happen before we realize where we went wrong. I’d love to hang out with you more, but unfortunately, time calls. Maybe another day.” Yudai stood up.

“Oh, one more thing.” Yuri turned to face Yudai.

“Seri likes you.” Those words seemed to freeze time. It took a moment before Yuri let out a little laugh.

“You’re joking. How can she like me when there’s a good-hearted guy like you?”

“Beats me.” Yudai turned to leave.

“Wait! Can you give her something for me?” Yuri went to his room and came back with invitations.

“Can you persuade her to attend the ceremony?” Yudai smiled.

“I can play on her guilt.” They both laughed before leaving.

Yudai held out an invitation to a refusing Seri.

“I can’t go! You know I can’t face him!”

“The least you can do to mend my broken heart is to go there with me! A good friend of mine is going to be there! But I don’t want to go there alone. I’d feel out of place. Please!!!!!!” Seri looked at her best friend and laughed.

“Okay, okay. Leave it to you to play on guilt, like you always have.”

“See, not everything changed about me.” That day, Yudai spent a lot of time to get Seri as beautiful as possible.

[Yuri has no idea what is coming his way.] Yudai smiled to himself as Seri was doing last minute make up.

“Oh, I can’t do this! I’ll go anywhere else with you, Yudai, but I have to get out of here now!”

“Seri, you’re here already. We’re here already.”

“My stomach feels like it’s going to come out.”

“Come on. Everything will be fine.” Yudai put on a smile, forcing Seri to smile as well, as he pulled her along with him.

“Invitations please.”

“Here you go sir.” The doorman took a quick glance before handing them back.
“Thank you. Follow the crowd. Have a good evening.”

“Thank you.” Yudai continued to pull Seri with him.

“Would you look like you wanted to be here?”

“Yudai, how can I, when it’s the exact opposite?” Seri hissed back.

“Seri?” Upon hearing the familiar voice, Seri froze.

[I was not expecting to see him so quickly.] She took in a deep breath and forced her to turn around. Immediately, she wanted to run.

[Ami…]

“You found us so quickly Yuri.” Yuri just smiled.

“I had to show Ami to her .” Ami smiled as she removed her hand from Yuri’s arm. She held out her hand to Yudai.

“Hi, I’m Ami Kawaguchi.” All Yudai could do was stare. Upon seeing him like that, Seri could only smile. Coming back to reality, Yudai took her offered hand.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Yudai Chiba. Shall we?” Ami smiled as she laid her hand on his arm and followed him, leaving Seri with Yuri. Yuri smiled at Seri and held out his hand.

“Yuri, I…”

“Seri, let’s save the talking for later. As of now, will you do me the honor of being my special guest on this special day of mine?” Seri continued to stare at Yuri. Without another word, she put her hand in his as he led her to the main hall where the ceremony was taking place.

“It feels great to see you all here this evening to join me in naming my only son as my heir. It is a great honor to know that those of you who have decided to attend will be supporting my son in his choices and decisions that will make my company even greater in the near future. Please welcome, heir to the Chinen Hotels, Yuri Chinen.” A loud cheer went up as Chinen approached the stand.

“Thank you all for attending this ceremony. It means a lot to me to know that a majority of you will be supporting me in the near future when I take over the Chinen Hotels. But you also know that tonight is not only in celebration of me.” Yuri turned to look at Seri. Seri, on the other hand, could only stare back at him.

[Yuri, what are you doing?]

“As you know, it has been a custom of our family to hand out full scholarships to outstanding students. And it is my honor to continue this custom tonight, on the first night of being the president of the Chinen Hotels.” Yuri pulled up an award.

“Please welcome Serenity Saito, this year’s Chinen Scholarship winner.” There was shock on Seri’s face. She slowly stood up and went to accept her award.

“Thank you.” It was the first time after they ended their friendship that Yuri got a smile from Seri. After a few more speeches, the ceremony really began. Yudai asked Seri for a dance, and led her to the dance floor. Ami came to join Yuri.

“It’s like another chance for you, Yu.”

“Ami, besides up on the stage, Seri hasn’t exchanged a single word with me.”

“Have you tried talking to her?”

“I don’t know what to say to her.”

“How about telling her what you’ve been telling me? That she’s different from all the other girls. That, deep inside, you knew she was going to change you, and she has. You may not have noticed, but your bad habits have been gone even before this night. And it all disappeared the moment you met Seri. You were so involved in trying to play jokes on her and be cruel to her, you stopped going to the club, hanging around your bad influences. Granted you hadn’t realized it earlier and had done her so much wrong, in the end, you became a good-hearted person. And you owe it all to her. Are you going to just let her go like that?” There was silence from Yuri.

“Ami, may I have a word with my son?” Upon hearing the unexpected voice of his father, Yuri nearly jumped out of his seat.

“Father. How long have you been listening.” Mr. Chinen just smiled.

“I’ve been listening the whole time.” Ami said her greetings to Mr. Chinen before taking an offered hand to go dance. When she left, Mr. Chinen took her seat and leaned towards his son so he could speak over the noise.

“Yu, tell me about this girl that you seem to be debating over.”

“It’s nothing, Father. You don’t have to worry. I won’t be like you. I won’t marry a girl that drives me crazy because I already know the results.”

“Oh, really? And what is that?”

“Father, I don’t want to be left alone and lost like you were when Mother left us.” Mr. Chinen laughed.

“I’m sorry you had to witness me at my weakest point, son, but that isn’t me anymore.”

“It isn’t?”

“No. Yes, at the time, I was driven crazy, and lost and wanted everyone around me to suffer. And I may have led you to believe that that was what love would do to you. But remember what I told you, Yuri?” Yuri smiled.

“You haven’t called me that name in such a long time.” Mr. Chinen smiled.

“Well, it is your legal name and there’s nothing I can do about it. Anyways, I do like it.” Yuri smiled at his father.

“You said to me that I shouldn’t be like you. That I should make all the right decisions to avoid being like you.”

“Exactly. Don’t be the fool I was.” Yuri thanked his father as he saw Yudai and Seri coming back from the dance floor.

“Seri?” Seri turned around to see Yuri. All she could do was smile because even then she still didn’t know how she should react to seeing him. It was like a war within her heart.

“May I have the next dance.” Seri took Yuri’s offered hand.

“Yes, you may.” She followed Yuri onto the dance floor, but not before she caught Yudai asking Ami the same question. Smiling, she set her hand on Yuri’s shoulder and put her other hand in his as they danced.

“They seem like they would make a great couple.” Seri gave a small laugh.

“Yes they do.”

“What about us?” That question received silence.

“Seri, I know that what I did was wrong. If I could turn back time, I would change everything. I made the mistake of leaving you when I should’ve begged for your forgiveness.” Seri just continued to smile.

“Yuri, it doesn’t matter.”

“Yes, it does, Seri. I’m sorry I lied to you. I’m sorry that I couldn’t just tell you that I loved you at the moment. All those feelings that kept coming to me, they were unfamiliar and I didn’t know what to do.” Seri’s smile got bigger as she tried to conceal a laugh.

“Yuri, it doesn’t matter because, even if I didn’t want admit to it, I have already forgiven you. You were right. I should’ve listened to what you had to say. And that night, I remember it very clearly.”

“What night?”

“The night where you said that I was the first girl to like you for who you were. When you still had your bad habits.” That statement made Yuri laugh.

“I can’t believe you remember that. Well, I don’t want to remember that. I promise that I will be a good man to a good person like you.” All of a sudden, the both of them stopped in their tracks.

“Yuri, you shouldn’t think that all good girls want a good guy.” And with that, Seri leaned up to kiss him.

“I promise you that no matter who you are or what you do,Yuri Chinen, I’ll always love you because you brought out my true character.” Yuri smiled.

“Don’t tell me you never did any of the things we did together?”

“Never in my life. I was raised up to be a perfect little girl.” They shared another kiss as they whirled around on the dance floor.