The Guardian

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

Requested by: Livinlavidaloca
Characters: Park Eun Hee & CAP (Teen Top)
Writer: minukkie

She sat quietly in her seat and pretended to be busy with some books. It has already been a few days since she arrived at the new school, and yet the people around her were still as excited as on her first day. They were glancing at her and hiding their various expressions by the back of their hands while whispering to one another as if she’s not there. It’s not that she minded that much. She had pretty much learned on how to cope with such pressure, thanks to the fact that her family could never stay at one place for so long. She realised that every new place has their own story, but the basics are pretty much the same. As long as these people don’t approach her for the wrong reasons, she knew she’ll be able to survive the community.

Once in a while, Eun Hee lifted her head and let her eyes briefly scan around the classroom. The teacher took a sudden sick leave and the students were free to do what they wanted for the hour. Several circles of gossip groups formed almost instantly after the announcement was made, and that left her to be alone at her little corner by the window.

“Park Eun Hee!” one of the boys suddenly called out, which surprised her to her guts. “Do you have a boyfriend?”

She didn’t have to answer, because her bulging eyes and blushing cheeks immediately gave away her innocence. The boy chuckled and bumped fists with another boy as a sign of victory. She could hear, ‘I told you she’s single. And it’s hard to find someone so pretty that has not been claimed these days. Wanna do another bet?’

Eun Hee slumped into her chair and puffed her cheeks. Does it really show that she hasn’t been taken? Can people easily guess that she’s one of those shy losers who can’t make good use of her own physical benefits?

Then she felt a light tap on her left shoulder. She turned and was face-to-face with a girl whose hair was cut as short as a boy’s. The girl smiled warmly and took the empty seat beside her. “Hi, I’m Hyun Ah.”

Eun Hee only nodded and straightened up, but said nothing. The girl’s appearance alone was freaking her out. Even with such hairstyle, she can’t deny that Hyun Ah looked pretty hot. It made her feel a tiny bit intimidated, especially with such confidence that was radiating around her.

“I’m sorry, but I was just wondering. What kind of hair products do you use? Your hair looks exceptionally shiny and healthy,” Hyun Ah asked and began to reach for the ends of Eun Hee’s brown, curly hair that reached her waist. “Is it one of those expensive American products that you bought when you were still there?”

She leaned back in surprise. “Ah… no. I never really stick to one brand. And this isn’t from one of those expensive American products. It’s from down that street,” Eun Hee pointed out of the window, to somewhere off the school grounds.

There was an annoyed smirk on Hyun Ah’s face, which Eun Hee failed to notice because the school bell went off. All her other classmates excitedly left their seats with wallets in hand and stormed out, diverting her attention momentarily.

“Well, thanks for telling me,” Hyun Ah spoke with small smile and simply left too with a group of girls who were waiting for her just outside the classroom door. They whispered to one another and stole glances at her direction as they were walking away. Eun Hee sighed.

“Hair product?” she asked herself again and touched the ends of her hair, examining it. “Don’t tell me she’s going to be that type of ‘friend’ now?” Eun Hee could guess that Hyun Ah didn’t ask her about her shampoo just to break the ice. That girl has something up her sleeves.

“Park Eun Hee-sshi?” This time it was the voice of a girl. Eun Hee turned and saw two of them smiling at her. “Would you like to join us for lunch?”

The frown on her face turned the opposite way. “Yes, please. Thank you.”

~~~

Just as she was enjoying her lunch with her new found friends, a boy came up to her side with his head hung low. She backed a little in her seat and waited for the boy to speak. The other two girls eagerly kept silent as well.

“Eun Hee-sshi, I wish I didn’t have to do this, but its part of the bet,” the boy stuttered. “Can you… kiss me… here?” he pointed at his left blushing cheek.

Two gasps were heard from the girls, but they immediately covered their mouths and continued to watch the drama unfold. Giggles broke out once in a while.

“Please?” he pleaded. Then his voice became softer and he went closer to her ears, “or they’re going to make me take off my pants in front of everybody.”

Of course Eun Hee was stunned by the sudden bold request. Never in her life had she made such contact with a male, a stranger at that. She didn’t even know the guy’s name. Eun Hee turned to the two girls for help. However, instead of backing her up, the girls ushered her to give it a try and continued to giggle. She heard something like, ‘You’re one lucky girl!’ coming from them. She then looked at the group that the boy came from, and they were grinning off near-victory. She felt bad for the boy, but she isn’t going to give in.

“I’m really sorry. I can’t do something so inappropriate,” she spoke in perfect English, hoping to scare him off.

The boy immediately sulked. But he didn’t give up. Having a hottie to kiss him on the cheeks was way better than having to reveal his boxers to the whole school. He pleaded over and over again, which made Eun Hee feel worse, and she nodded in the end. She motioned for the guy to lower his head to her level and she puckered up her lips shyly. People were holding their breaths as they waited for the contact. But before it could happen, the boy was snatched back quite violently. Then the whole place turned into complete silence.

The kingkas have arrived at the scene.

“If you touch her, I’ll kill you,” said the intruding man. Eun Hee was glad that someone stopped the ridicule from happening, but the situation was getting worse. The two boys were now facing each other, with the intruder grabbing on to the other’s collar harshly.

“C... CAP. It’s just… It’s just a bet!” The other kingkas who were standing behind the boy named CAP just sneered.

CAP’s eyes immediately scanned the room and saw the group that the poor boy came from. CAP grunted and released a solid punch onto the poor boy’s face. Then he proceeded to the group who was beginning to scatter themselves.

“Catch each and every one of those idiots!” CAP commanded the other kingkas. They quickly attended to the deed. Then he turned to Eun Hee’s direction again to see that she was helping the poor boy get on his feet. His ears redden and he marched towards them and snatched the poor boy again. “Stay away from this one,” he warned him. He glanced at Eun Hee for a moment before he released the poor boy and walked off, leaving everyone stunned and confused.

“Wow,” one of the girls began. “That has to be the first coming from CAP.” The girl stared at Eun Hee with awe. “You’re either the luckiest person in the whole world right now, or the unluckiest. Eun Hee-sshi, I think you will need to be careful from now on.”

~~~

After that incident at lunch, Eun Hee decided to take the girls’ advice. She had been indifferent since she arrived at Chang In High, but now she needed to be cautious. She had to admit, this will be the first time that such things has happened to her. She didn’t quite know how to react.

So far, she had witnessed a dozen more incidents in front of her, where CAP was involved. It happened each time a boy tried to start a conversation with her. Sometimes, it wasn’t even a conversation, but CAP ended up beating him up anyway. Any contact that another boy made with her was unfavourable in CAP’s eyes for unknown reasons. And it worried her. She didn’t want her social circle this time round to be completely male-less. She wished that CAP could just disappear.

“Eun Hee-sshi!” she heard her name being called just as she was about to walk out of the school gates. Eun Hee turned and saw Hyun Ah slow-jogged towards her. When she got closer, Hyun Ah caught the sight of the other two girls behind Eun Hee and eyed them. “I thought you’re alone. I was about to offer to walk home together. Nevermind then.”

Eun Hee didn’t get to say anything when Hyun Ah left again, giving deadly stares at her two friends.

“Yah, what’s up with her?” one of the girls stated, annoyed.

“Don’t bother,” the other one commented. “She’s a b*tch. She’s wanted CAP since forever, and now that CAP finally responds to a girl that is not her, she’s pissed. I bet she’s up to something. All we need to do is to get out of her way.”

“Oh, okay,” Eun Hee responded and continued to walk forward.

They talked about many things along their way home. Once in a while, they made random comments about their classmates and laughed it off together. Eun Hee also learnt a lot about the school and its ways.

“Well, we’ll see you at school tomorrow, okay?” one of the girls said when they reached to a junction. “Watch out for rapists!” They then lead their separate ways to their respective homes.

Eun Hee fixed the position of her sling-bag and continued on her walk. She replayed the funny conversation that she had with them just a few minutes ago and laughed it off again once in a while. However, when she recalled what they said about Hyun Ah, her body began to shiver. She wanted to stay positive. Hyun Ah could only want to be friends with her, and didn’t know how to start it. But after a few weeks of being at the school, she did seem suspicious. And it became worse after that first incident during lunch time.

As she was immersing herself within her deep thoughts, a hand grabbed her from behind and covered her face with a cloth. It happened too fast, and she was too shocked to fight or scream. They were pulling her backwards and putting more pressure to her face. She can’t breathe…

~~~

It was a lovely evening. The sun was slowly setting and the wind was cool. CAP thought that it would be a nice time to have a stroll around the thin forest near his home. And so he grabbed his Nike’s limited edition sneakers and went to jog along the small path that went through the forest’s skirts. He was going to clear his head off the tension he was having lately.

Park Eun Hee… He can’t seem to let go of that name even as she kept throwing him bitter looks. As much as she was making his heart flutter every time he sees her, he was confused. He felt that he had to have her. He went to all lengths to know everything about her, yet he couldn’t find the courage to face her and ask about them personally. It was insane, but he liked it. He liked her.

For the first time in his life, he took real interest in a female.

He was busy figuring out ways to talk to her when he noticed that something was wrong with the forest that day. He stopped and scanned the area. The bushes weren’t of the same shape as he last seen them a few days ago. He looked at the forest’s floor and saw a poorly covered trail, as if a bag of potatoes were dragged on it towards the edge of the hill. Out of curiosity, he went into the bushes and peeked down the edge and down below. And to his horror, the girl who has been haunting him in his dreams was now laying unconscious at the bottom of the rocks. He gasped.

CAP immediately sprinted downwards, not caring about the scratches from the rocks on his arm as he steadied himself at each landing. Within seconds, he was already panting hard with Park Eun Hee’s unconscious body in his arms. He didn’t want to think further and took her in his arms and ran back to his home. It was a challenge to find another way up, but he was determined. He needed to make sure that she lives.

All of his butler and maids were shocked to see the person that he brought home. CAP instantly demanded for the family doctor to tend to her, not bothering to answer any of their questions. All the while, he never left her side. He didn’t even notice that his expensive shirt has been stained with dry blood. He just didn’t want to let her hand go.

“The hit wasn’t very serious, but she was left with these injuries for too long. There might be consequences, especially since one of the areas that were affected is her cranium.”

Those were the main things that the family doctor told him after he was finished examining Eun Hee’s condition and attending her cuts and bruises. The horror on his face became worse and his hold on Eun Hee’s hand tightened. The only way to know if she’s alright is to wait for her to wake up.

Eun Hee and CAP didn’t attend school for a few days since that day. People were speculating, but CAP didn’t care. He wanted to be by her side when she regains consciousness. He wanted to take care of her.

CAP was sitting by her bed-side and was devouring her beauty when her eye-lids started to move. The beat of his heart picked up exponentially as he waited. Slowly, he reached for her hands and brought them to his face. His expression was hopeful.

It was when Eun Hee returned the grip of his hands that he finally believed that this was real. Eun Hee has woken up. He couldn’t stop his eyes from staring into Eun Hee’s confused ones.

“What? Why?” she spoke in whispers to nobody. Then she realised that someone was with her. “Who are you?”

The smile on his lips faltered. But a suggestion came to his mind.

“It’s me, baby.”

~~~

It took another few days before the both of them were back in school. Everyone was eyeing them as they walked together through the school gates and towards her classroom. He didn’t care about the stares, but she was becoming anxious. Ever since the incident, she became scared of other people, especially the ones that she doesn’t know. She hated the attention these people were giving her. CAP had to assure her multiple times that everything’s going to be okay before he was able to leave her side.

“I’ll see you during lunch,” he whispered into her ears and pecked her cheek before he left. Even his friends were shocked by his actions. Of course, they knew that CAP already had feelings for Eun Hee, but to see things progressing way too fast was simply unbelievable. And things didn’t get any better for Hyun Ah either. She was mad off fury and jealousy.

Eun Hee had remembered nothing of her past when she woke up. CAP took this chance to add himself as her most loved one. And he was greedy, so he did his own version of their love story and told Eun Hee a false introduction on how they met when she first transferred to Chang In High. She accepted everything gladly. He was all she had at the moment.

When she entered the classroom, the two girls went to welcome her back, but she was clueless of whom they were. She has forgotten all about them, and the rest of the class for that matter. It was again, her first day in Chang In High. The horror in Eun Hee’s expression brought realisation upon the two girls’ faces, and they exchange looks with each other. They immediately knew it was Hyun Ah’s doings.

“Eun Hee-sshi. We know who did this to you,” one of them began. Eun Hee stared at them in alarm. Who knows, they might be trying to trick her and hurt her. “We’re on your side on this, Eun Hee-sshi. We want to help you. We’re friends, remember?”

Eun Hee shook her head and backed a few steps, and accidentally bumped into a person.

“Are you alright, Eun Hee-sshi?” came the voice of Hyun Ah. A smirk was cleanly hidden behind her smile. She pretended to help Eun Hee. But in her mind, she was more than ready to execute Eun Hee with her own hands. The people she hired were useless. She needed Eun Hee dead and to never come back, not just lose her memory and comes back with the man she loves! She should’ve been there as planned and made sure that Eun Hee’s life has ended when she was thrown off the cliff. If only the two stupid girls weren’t around.

“Take your hands off of her, Hyun Ah-sshi!” one of the two girls demanded. “Don’t pretend like you don’t know about it, because we know.”

Now, Hyun Ah’s smirk was visible. “What makes you say that? Did I do something wrong?”

“Let me go…” Eun Hee requested weakly. The grip Hyun Ah had on her was getting tighter and it was hurting. “Let me go, please.”

“What’s going on? I’m only gone for a second,” CAP suddenly appeared at the scene. He immediately went to snatch Eun Hee back from Hyun Ah’s grip. “What did you do to my girl?”

Hyun Ah scoffed at this. “Your girl? The last time I checked, you rejected every single one that came your way, and now you claim this rubbish as your girl?” Then she turned to face Eun Hee, “and you believed every single thing that he says?” She laughed at her mockingly.

CAP managed to stand his ground. He wasn’t going to let Eun Hee find out that he had lied. He gave Eun Hee to the two girls behind him and approached the one girl that has brought nothing but trouble into his life. “What do you want, Hyun Ah?”

She chuckled. “You know what I want.”

“Maybe. Let us hear it,” he challenged. Everyone in the classroom became eager and moved closer. Even the students from other classes were flooding around them.

Hyun Ah looked around her and grunted. She wasn’t going to lose it. “Fine. I want her out of this world,” she pointed at Eun Hee. “Then I will make you mine.”

It was CAP’s turn to scoff. “Over my dead body.”

Eun Hee was starting to get dizzy with so many people around her. She hadn’t recover fully yet, and the external pressure that she was receiving was hurting her brain.

She can’t remember anything, but seeing an angry CAP managed to trigger something inside her mind. She felt the sudden loathe for the guy, but that should be impossible. How could she loathe her own boyfriend like this?

“CAP!” It was one of his kingka friends that had arrived and stopped him from throwing another punch at Hyun Ah’s face. “She’s a girl for God’s sake!”

“Get off, Ricky.”

Eun Hee knew she would never fall for someone so bold and violent. Something was definitely wrong. She had only seen the soft side of CAP before now. She turned towards the two girls that were keeping her safe. “Has he always been this type of person?”

The girls looked sympathetic. “We don’t know what happened to you, or what he has done to you, but I’m very sure that you guys were never together. Seeing you so close to him is freaking everyone out. It’s not like CAP at all.”

Eun Hee wasn’t sure on who she should believe. CAP had told her the exact opposite of what these girls were telling her. For sure one of them weren’t speaking the truth. Could it be CAP? But he had only showed her love and care since she regained consciousness after the accident. And she didn’t even remember who the two girls were. But this feeling that she was having inside of her was betraying CAP.

“STOP IT!” Eun Hee suddenly screamed. Everyone stared at her, including CAP. She slowly went to his side. “Please, let’s just go back home.”

CAP gritted his teeth at Hyun Ah’s direction and slung his arm around Eun Hee’s shoulders. He didn’t care if he had broken a few of her ribs. No one is allowed to mess with his girl like that. Ricky and the other could only watch as they left the school. CAP has all the connections; no one was going to stop him from doing what he wants. And he smiled when Eun Hee stayed even closer to his side.

As soon as they arrived at CAP’s large mansion, Eun Hee immediately tore herself from his grip.

“Tell me the truth,” she demanded. “About us.”

He was utterly surprised at her request. He wasn’t planning on telling her anything about the truth this soon, or at all as a matter-of-fact. He maintained his gaze into her pleading eyes and he could see that she was scared. But he didn’t want to lose her now that she’s in his arms.

“Is it true? Is it true that you made up the story about us?” she continued, tears started to fall on her cheeks. CAP began to feel bad for the lies that he had come up with. He would do nothing to hurt the girl he ever loved. “Why?” was her simple question when he saw the guilty look on his face.

“Because I want you in my life,” he answered firmly, never breaking their eye-contact. “I’ve never been this way before. It’s my first time. And I don’t know what else to do.”

Eun Hee scanned every inch of his face a little longer. “Is that a lie too?”

His eyes bulged. “NO! Of course not! Park Eun Hee, I’ve never lied about my feelings before and I will never. It hasn’t been so clear until now, and I really want you to know that I have special feelings for you, and it’s very strong.”

“But you still lied. And you hit those people without mercy,” Eun Hee added.

“Eun Hee,” he spoke in a low voice. “Have you remembered everything?”

“No,” she answered bitterly. “But I saw you hit a woman until her nose bleed and her body bruised clearly with my own two eyes. I didn’t know that you are such a person.” She sounded hurt.

“But Hyun Ah did this to you! She followed you and hit you and threw you off a cliff! She deserved what she got, maybe more!” CAP tried to defend his conscience.

“Violence is never the way to solve a problem,” she reasoned. “And you’re just like them.”

CAP looked at her helplessly. “Look, I’m sorry. I admit it, what I did was wrong. Just please, don’t leave me.”

It was too late. Eun Hee had made up her mind. She won’t stay anywhere near him any longer. She took nothing with her and left without another word. CAP didn’t know if he should go after her or let her be. He didn’t want to push her away even more. He was torn between forcing his way to get what he wants, or to give her some space and feel the pain for a little while. He had never felt so many emotions inside him before.

In the end, he decided to give her some time. He contacted her two friends and told them where she went, and he asked them to take care of her. He was letting go of a priceless treasure for the first time in his life, and the pain was unbearable.

~~~

CAP had never been the same since the day Eun Hee left his side. Everyone saw the drastic change in him, but they dare not to ask him what happened. They feared that CAP would beat them to death.

Eun Hee on the other hand, kept avoiding him and everything that connects to him after she came back to school. Her two friends had been taking care of her and she couldn’t be more glad. If only she knew that CAP was behind everything in order to keep her safe, especially from Hyun Ah’s evil plans.

“Eun Hee-sshi. Do you really don’t want to forgive and forget? He’s apologised to you a million times already. And now the whole school knows he loves you,” one of the girl spoke to her.

She smiled faintly and shook her head. “It’s not me who he should apologise to.”

“Don’t you have even a tiny feeling for him?” the other asked. “after everything that has happened between the two of you?”

Eun Hee thought about it for a while. “Yes. A tiny bit of everything,” she answered truthfully.

“Then why won’t you give him a chance?”

Eun Hee was silent.

“You’ve changed him, Eun Hee-sshi. Everyone can see that he can’t be without you, but he still let you go because he thinks that is what you want.”

“You should give him a chance to learn about true love, to experience his first, and maybe his last.”

“We know he’ll be able to take care of you. After all, he’s been doing just that since the accident happened. Even now.”

Eun Hee finally lifted her eyes. “Even now?”

“He asks about you every night. We feel really bad for him at times.”

“He’s been in touch with you girls?” Eun Hee asked.

They nodded simultaneously.

“He tends to act like a child. But he knows what he wants.”

“Give him a chance, Eun Hee-sshi?”

She thought about it for a while. It was a hard decision to make, but deep within her heart, it was telling her to return to his side. She felt like betraying herself, but she gave in at the end. “Fine, I will…”

The two girls grinned and sighed. Then they looked above Eun Hee’s head and smiled even wider.

“Thank you,” a male’s voice came from behind her. She knew well who it belonged to. She lifted her head and looked up to see CAP smiling down at her. “Thank you for deciding to give me a chance,” he spoke more softly at her. He lowered himself and pecked her on her forehead. The contact felt like an eternity.