Heart's Content

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

 

Writer: carabella
Requester: Eun Sol Kim
Characters: Kwon Yuri and Park Lee Teuk
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Dripping wet from her sweat Yuri stopped her dancing and walked across the room to grab her towel; dodging the other girls who were laying lazily on the wooden floors of the practice room.  Today SNSD has been practicing non stop.  
 
They were practicing for their continuation for their Japanese Arena Tour.  Yuri and the rest of the girls were in Japan.  Dancing and singing all day was a hard thing to do but they had to endure it.  It won’t be long until they get to rest and sing on stage.  Singing on stage was one of the best way to release your tiredness from long hours of practicing.  

'Another way to feel great after a long day was cuddling up' Yuri thought. And at that very moment, all Yuri could think about was being in Lee Teuk's arms. However, he was many thousand miles away. 

While Yuri was thinking of Lee Teuk, Lee Teuk was also thinking about Yuri. 'Oh, how I wish I could be with Yuri right now, walking hand in hand along the beach' Lee Teuk thought. 
 
Various scenarios of how he could best spend his time with Yuri fluttered through his mind, when all of a sudden, he began to snap his fingers loudly together.

"Aha!" he shouted. 

"Why didn't I think of this sooner?" he questioned himself.

"I could go visit Yuri right now and spend a few days with her while I have a break between preparing for the Super Junior's fifth studio album and Super Show 4." Lee Teuk concluded.  
 
Lee Teuk excitingly ran out of the studio, dashing towards his car.  He wanted to surprise his favorite dongsang.  Lee Teuk wanted to support the girl's so this would be a great way of showing it.  
 
Driving his car towards the dorm he jumped out and dashed towards it.  Opening the door with impact he ran to his room to pack his bags.  
 
"Hyung, where are you going?"  Kyuhyun asked as he watched his leader pack his belongings.  Lee Teuk turned his head towards Kyuhyun, who was resting his right shoulder on his bedroom door frame.  
 
"Japan, to support the girls."  Lee Teuk explained before resuming his packing.
 
"Ahh, your excuse to see Yuri shii.  I know you're dying to be close to her again.  Anybody with eyes knows you're head over heels about her.  You love her hyung.  BUT its weird that she doesn't see your true intentions.  You're so nice to her and treat her like a princess but she doesn't know why you act like that towards her.  She's so dense."  Kyuhyun shook his head.  
 
This one sided love involving his leader was painful to watch.  Lee Teuk had eyes only for Yuri, he was a gentlemen towards her.  
 
But Yuri doesn't know his feelings towards her.  She doesn't seem to notice him.  Whenever he smiles and flirts with her she walks away as if nothing was happening.  
 
Lee Teuk tried to confess his feelings more than once but his message was never clear enough.  Slowly he was losing hope, but his love for her only grows stronger.  
 
"No, it's not her fault.  I should be more clear about my actions.  I'm too afraid of rejection.  If she knew I liked her.  I don't think she'll feel comfortable around me anymore.  I'd rather have a one sided love, be able to talk to her everyday rather than have her avoid me."  Lee Teuk responded.  Kyuhyun nodded his head even if Lee Teuk couldn't see his gesture.
 
"I understand hyung.  But please come back from Japan with a woman in your arms.  Get her heart, its now or never.  You're getting older."  Kyuhyun giggled.
 
"I know, I know!  I promise I'll try my best!"
 
"Hwaiting Hyung!"  Kyuhyun cheered Leeteuk on.

In a rush, Lee Teuk raced out of the door with his luggage.  But before he actually got out of the building he felt a pair of hand grabbing his shirt, jerking him backwards.  
 
What was it now?  Lee Teuk turned around and came face to face with his manager.  Lee Teuk had a felt irritated with his manager at that moment.  
 
"Yes?"  Lee Teuk asked as he flattened his now wrinkly shirt with his hands.  His manager's face was stern.
 
"Where do you think you're going off to?  We have things to do.  You cannot decided by yourself where you want to go.  You're the leader of this group you need to stay here and help with the preparations."
 
Lee Teuk looked back at his manager.  Was he being too foolish to visit a girl who didn't even acknowledge him they way he did her?  
 
If he did go to Japan would anything change between the two of them?  Lee Teuk ruffled his light brown hair and sighed.  
It was true he was the leader of Super Junior he had to be here for his brothers.  But the urge to run off to Japan was still apparent.  Gripping his luggage harder his knuckles became white.  
 
"Come on, go unpack.  We have studio time today.  We need to record the soundtracks."  

"But... But..." Lee Teuk said, darting looks back and forth from the door to his manager and back to the door; for he was clearly conflicted as to what he should do.

In his mind, Lee Teuk knew that he should stay and finish his work like his manager said, but his heart was clearly with Yuri already.

Reluctantly, Lee Teuk chose his mind over his heart because he thought that waiting a tiny bit longer wouldn't hurt, since he had already buried his feelings for so long.

Shoving his suitcase by his bed, Lee Teuk left the room, slamming the door. 

When Lee Teuk arrived at the studio, everyone else was already there.

Despite all the friendly thumps that greeted him and Lee Teuk's attempts to put on a smile, his true feelings showed through when he began to record.

Although the song was supposed to be upbeat, Lee Teuk made it sound like a time of depression.

"Cut!" the manager yelled. "Cheer up and be happy! We don't need a happy song turn sour as if the singer is biting into a lemon and singing at the same time."

Lee Teuk tried again.

However, the song was still melancholic.  After spending more time then they intended on recording, they were finally finished.  The sun just began to set, overcasting Seoul with an orange glow.  
 
Lee Teuk looked up at the sky, inhaling in a mouthful of air; ruffling his hair with his finger.  He was feeling distress, but he had to do this for the team.  Now was not the time to be selfish.  
 
- - -
 
Sitting on her bed Yuri laid on her tummy, with her phone in hand.  Yuri looked at the red doll that hung from her cellphone.  Twisting the red arm she watched it unravel itself.  The once rolled up arm turned back to its original straight form.  
 
Yuri did this a couple of times, trying to past time.  She didn't know why she was here laying down holding onto her phone.  She just had to do it.  Was she waiting for a phone call?  
 
Was she waiting to hear a friend's voice on the other line?  Or was she waiting for something else?
 
"Aish, Yuri.  What are you doing here?"  Yuri screamed at herself.  She wasn't sure what she was doing, she felt foolish laying on her bed waiting for something to happen.  Yuri frustratingly got up from her bed and walked to the living room to sit with the other members.  
 
Hyoyeon glanced at the distraught Yuri, furrowing her eyebrows.  Something must be bothering her.   Hyoyeon took Yuri's shoulder staring at her with a questionable look.  Yuri stared back at her and looked away.  She didn't know what was wrong with her.  Suddenly she felt lonely and depressed.
 
- - -
 
Back in Seoul, Korea.  Lee Teuk sulked to himself.  He sat outside the dorm watching the sunset.  The cool breeze whipped at his thin shirt sending sudden chills throughout his body.  
 
Lee Teuk looked down at his phone.  He was urging to make his day calls to Yuri but couldn't do so.  
 
He couldn't find the courage to call her.  He was upset at the fact that he couldn't talk to her face to face.  He'd rather see and speak to her in person rather than through plastic objects.
 
Lee Teuk threw his head back in anger.       
 
 
Yuri paced her room in frustration.

At times, her annoyance got to her and she started to stomp instead of pacing.

In her mind, she kept shouting "Why didn't he call me? Why didn't he call me?"

Toward midnight, Lee Teuk looked sadly at his phone and winced.

At that moment, Lee Teuk understood Yuri's feelings. 

He knew that in Yuri's heart, he was dispensable.

She didn't need to hear his voice, like how he craved to hear her sweet voice announcing a welcoming greeting before quietly whispering his name.

While he wasn't certain why she always whispered his name, the whisper always shot straight for his heart because he thought that her gentle voice set a scene of intimacy.

However, Lee Teuk knew that he couldn't continue on like this, couldn't continue deceiving himself... especially since the recording today.

When Lee Teuk was leaving the recording room today, he saw the glare his normally cheerful manager threw him, burning a hole into his back. 

 At this rate, Lee Teuk knew that he'll be losing his reputation as the leader of the pack and if he couldn't improve on his singing, he'll need to start searching for a musical company that would accept his pitiful tone.
 
- - -
 
Days has slipped by since the two made contact.  Lee Teuk had to stay firm.  He had to stop his mind from drifting towards Yuri.  
 
This was the only way he could become the old Lee Teuk.  He had to do this for the team, even if his heart was yearning for Yuri, he had to be strong.  
 
"Hyung, it's time to go to the studio."  Sungmin shouted from the bathroom.  He was making the last touches to his hair, these days it has grown too long for his liking but he had no time to go get a trim.  
 
Lee Teuk sat on his bed, starring at the white wall.  He got up from his bed absentmindedly.  This was the right thing to do.  It won't be long until they finish all the recordings.  
 
"I'm coming."  Lee Teuk replied with a cheerful shout.  
 
Everyone jumped into the cars and made way to the studio.  Today, was their last session.  They were going to record the last song and finally take a break.
 
- - -


"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen..." Yuri counted. 

"Damn it" she screamed inside her head. 

"Stop it, stop it" she commanded herself. 

Despite her daily attempts to prevent herself from counting the days since she last spoken to Lee Teuk, she couldn't help but to keep track.

Her heart raced every single time her phone rang, but each time her heart was disappointed by someone else's voice. 

"Knock, knock" the door sounded.

Shocked out of her mind, Yuri dropped her phone. 

Without waiting for Yuri's approval, her manager came into the room.

"Are you okay?" Yuri's manager asked in concern.

Bending down gracefully to pick up her phone, Yuri replied in her most normal tone of voice possible "Yes. I'm fine."

Not wanting to appear too fussy, the manager approached Yuri. 

"Here you go. As a reward, the company has decided to give you two free tickets to your first solo performance." the manager explained.

Yuri was shocked by the generosity of the company.

Immediately, Yuri knew who she wanted to invite, but she just wasn't sure if she had the courage to invite that one special person.

'That one special person?' Yuri's mind questioned her heart.

"Oh, no. Oh, no." Yuri mumbled to herself.

Getting her act together, Yuri managed to shoo her manager out before breaking down.

Lying on her bed, Yuri curled into a ball as if she were a fetus and sobbed into her pillows, throwing the blanket over her head.

"How could I have been so stupid" she berated herself. 

The cries eventually calmed Yuri down and tired her out. 

Waking up from her nap, Yuri had a plan in mind. 

Quickly, Yuri got into action, stuffing the two tickets into two separate envelopes before addressing them to two different locations. 

As if her nap had been a full eight hours of sleep that revived her, Yuri hurried out to mail the two tickets to the love of her life. 

After so many days of not hearing her beautiful voice, Lee Teuk wasn't sure how he should react to the envelope that was addressed to him.

Staring at her neat, flowery handwriting, Lee Teuk stood in a daze.

From behind, someone yanked the envelope out of Lee Teuk's hands and made a run for it.

A second later, Lee Teuk woke up from his dream to respond. 

"Give it back! Give it back!" Lee Teuk ran and shouted.

When Lee Teuk finally managed to catch up to the person who stole the envelope from him, he got ready to punch the Eunhyuk out, but knew that he couldn't really do that.

Staring at his Eunhyuk, Lee Teuk didn't know what to say.

Finally, he broke eye contact with his friend and headed off.


Although Lee Teuk didn't want any company, he didn't make any attempts to stop Eunhyuk from following him. 
 
"Faster, Faster." Lee Teuk insisted, even thought the driver had already told him that the speed limit has been reached.

Flying out of the car before it has even made a complete stop, Lee Teuk arrived before his private jet could even take off.

Once again, Lee Teuk insisted on the flight attendant, pilot, and others to work quickly.
 
After what seems like an eternity; the jet has finally landed on Japanese soil.  He was jumpy from the overwhelming emotions running through him.  
 
His hands shook in his pockets as he got ready to exit the plane.  Lee Teuk didn't own any luggage due to his quick actions but he could always buy the things he needed in Japan.  
 
Lee Teuk hurriedly ran out of the airport to get a taxi.  He wanted to rush to see Yuri.  He wanted to support her but most importantly he missed her a lot.  
 
All the waiting made him want to die.  His heart felt as if it would blow up like a bomb.  Holding in all this emotions was a very hard thing to do.


"Damn!" Lee Teuk cursed as he glanced at his watch and realized that he's going to be late.

On the ride to where Yuri will be performing, Lee Teuk kept on pushing the driver to hurry.

Even though Lee Teuk knew that the driver was pushing at the speed limit, Lee Teuk still wanted the driver to keep on going.

In his mind, Lee Teuk continuously cursed himself for not leaving earlier.

When the taxi got stuck in traffic, Lee Teuk threw a wad of cash at the driver and flung open the door, rushing out.

Lee Teuk ran the few blocks to the place containing the woman he loved. 

However, all the rushing still didn't help.

Despite his wishes, he was still late. 

Once he arrived at the door of where Yuri's performance will be held, Lee Teuk was surprised to find Yuri's manager waiting for him.

Yuri's manager intercepted Lee Teuk to take him to Yuri's waiting room before disappearing.

From backstage,  Lee Teuk looked around for something to captivate him.

What he didn't expect to find was the entrance to the stage. 

Peeking out from behind the curtain, Lee Teuk couldn't believe his eyes. 

He was astonished to spy Yuri standing up on the stage alone to perform without any hint of shyness.

Lee Teuk watched, mesmerized as Yuri finished her part of the performance.

Despite the cheerful smile Yuri had on throughout the performance, the smile was all an act. 

Yuri's bright smile disappeared as soon as she turned her back on her audience. 

She was depressed. 

She couldn't believe that even though she had stooped low enough, putting her shame aside to request his attendance, he still didn't show up. 

Tears prickled at the corners of Yuri's eyes, threatening to fall off at any moment.

However, Yuri knew that she shouldn't cry and mess up her make-up. 

Restraining her tears, Yuri lifted her face up to look at where she is going. 

The weirdest thing was that even though this was her first performance and she was normally a very shy person, she wasn't feeling the slightest bit terrified. 

Instead of heading back to her locker to picked up her stuff to leave for the day, Yuri disappeared behind the curtain with the intention of changing for her next performance. 

Eyes barely flickering up to acknowledge where she was going, Yuri at first didn't see the man who was keeping watch over her the entire time. 

The eyes of the man followed Yuri's movements. 

He thought that she looked pretty, but she was never more beautiful than now.

Her S-line body was y enough to entice him, especially with her flawless face standing on top of her very thin, hot body with well-defined abs. 

The long blonde hair framing her face emphasized her slender bone structure with bright eyes. 

Finally, Yuri realized that someone was staring at her, boring a hole straight into her heart. 

Lifting her head to find the person stalking her, Yuri was shocked to see the eyes of the man she loved, staring right at her, right into her very soul. 

Getting a glimpse of the sheen of moisture in her eyes, Lee Teuk's heart clenched, shooting arrows directly into his heart.

Yuri thought that she was envisioning things again. 

She thought that finally one of her dreams has got a better hold over her and appeared in reality. 

Mouth gaping wide, Yuri froze mid-step.

Lee Teuk was uncertain of how to respond too. 

Both continued to be lost in a world of their own. 

It wasn't until Yuri's manager came to push Yuri toward the direction she was supposed to head to that the couple broke eye contact. 

As if Yuri was leading Lee Teuk on with a string, Lee Teuk followed Yuri and her manager in a trance. 

Although Lee Teuk didn't realize where he was going, he still went along until the manager, whLee Teuk away from the door to the dressing room. 

However, Lee Teuk couldn't wait to see her again; so he stood at the door waiting until Yuri came out. 

Knowing that Yuri shouldn't be distracted at this perilous moment, the manager urged Yuri onto the stage once again. 

With the other hand, Yuri's manager urged Lee Teuk toward the door. 

Using a hand to lead Lee Teuk toward the door opening to the performance, the manager ushered Lee Teuk in. 

Lee Teuk arrived just in time for the beginning of Yuri's performance. 

Lee Teuk was shocked beyond words that Yuri would be performing solo twice in a row. 

Once Lee Teuk stepped foot into the entrance, the spotlight located him and shone the way for him to follow the circle of light onto the stage. 

Before he even knew it, he had subconsciously appeared on the stage, standing right in front of Yuri. 

With her heart in her eyes, Yuri sang the song full of love. 

All Lee Teuk could do as Yuri sang was watch with his mouth open and eyes wide. 

Finally Yuri has reached the ending of her song, when she added "This is to my beloved Park Lee Teuk, who I thought I could treat as a brother, but I was wrong..."

"Lee Teuk," she said as she reached out toward him. 

Yuri didn't get to feel Lee Teuk's hands because his hands were busy with the back of his neck. 

Uncertain now, Yuri gathered up her courage to forge on. 

"Lee Teuk," she tried again. 

"Although I have tried to treat you like a brother, a best friend. I still failed. When you stopped calling me, I became heartbroken. I missed you. Everyday, I waited, counting the days that has gone by. It wasn't long until I realized that I love you. I can't live without you. I have always loved you. Will you be my husband? Will you marry me?"

At long last, Yuri turned to look at the man who has always been by her side, silently cheering her on. 

What Yuri saw next to her was just thin air. 

Panicked, Yuri's eyes darted all around, searching for the man who has managed to get a hold of her heart. 

The audience in the front row immediately saw that Yuri's eyes were quickly filling up with tears; so they tried to be helpful, telling her "Look down! Look down!" 

Confused, Yuri stepped forward to look down from the stage, feeling dizzy with from seeing the drop down from the stage to the floor. 

Yuri was terrified that Lee Teuk has fallen though she didn't hear a thud. 

Yuri was about to run across the stage and down the stairs, when Lee Teuk finally spoke up. 

"Yuri, would you make me the happiest man on Earth by becoming my wife?" Lee Teuk asked.

Yuri came to stand in front of the kneeling Lee Teuk and knelt down with him, using her hands to cup his face. 

"Yes" Yuri breathlessly replied with tears pouring down her porcelain cheeks. 

Then in slow motion, they met halfway in a kiss.

Once they were able to break free of the kiss, Lee Teuk sat down on the stage to remove something from a chain.

"Isn't that the chain you have always worn as a necklace?" Yuri asked. 

"Yes and it contains the ring I want you to have as my wife." Lee Teuk responded without taking his eyes off of the task he has to finish.

"Oh, let me help you." Yuri offered. 

With Yuri taking one end of the chain with the clasps, Lee Teuk took the other, allowing the ring to slide down as if it was dropping from a mountain. 

Capturing the ring, Lee Teuk gently took Yuri's small hands into his bigger hands and slid the ring home.
 
The two walked back stage and collapsed into each other's arms.  Their loneliness finally finding its ending.  They have missed each other dearly.  
 
Being in each other's embrace felt so right.  Their yearnings were fulfilled.  Just smelling each other's scent and feeling each other's presence solved all their anguish.
 
"You don't know what I had to endure to reach your heart."  Lee Teuk spoke up, taking either side of Yuri's face.  
 
Yuri stared back at Lee Teuk and shook her head, feeling guilty for putting him through so much pain.  She would have never guess how much pain he felt.  
 
"I'm sorry."  Her voice came out as a whisper.  Lee Teuk nodded, there was nothing to apologize about.  Everything turned out all right. 
 
- - -
 
"Are you really ready for this?"  Seohyun asked Yuri.  
 
Yuri is seated in front of the vanity looking at her own reflection.  Her image was so different, she could barely recognize the woman staring back at her.  
 
She was truly a different person.  Dressed in a simple and elgant gown created from silk like taffeta. The fitted, dopped bodice features a sweetheart neckline with clean lines. Silk like flowers and crystals accent the dropped waist while soft layers of taffeta create a beautiful skirt, Yuri looked amazing topping the dress with sparkling diamonds.  
 
Her hair was up in a fancy bun; makeup was perfect, her life seemed perfect as of now.  She was finally getting married to the man of her dreams.
 
"Of course I'm ready.  I've been a fool for too long.  I've been waiting for too long for this day.  Now is the day to embrace my love and fate!"  Yuri squealed in delight receiving a warm smile from her dongsang.
 
"I'm glad you're happy.  It's almost time for the ceremony.  I'll go and sit with the other girls.  Hwaiting!"  Seohyun cheered Yuri on.
 
Yuri walked down the aisle staring into Lee Teuk's eyes.  It was apparent he was happy.  The sparkle in his eyes could replace any of the stars in the night sky.  His smile could reach the ends of the earth.
 
He stood there waiting for his beloved, eyes never blinking once.  He feared if he took his eyes off her for just a mere second she would disappear and leave him in the harsh world.  
 
Only a foot away Lee Teuk couldn't help but walk to her and grab a hold of her arms.  He had to make sure this was truly happening.  That she was really there in front of him.  
 
Feeling her warm hands he was content.  They were finally getting married.