Trust is the Way to Communicate

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

Title: Trust is the Way to Communicate
Writer: Carrie
Inspiration: nanie92
Characters: Lee Nanie, Yong Junhyung, Kim Hyuna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practicing his new rap, Junhyung rushed home.

Along the way, he went to pick up the dozen of colorful roses he had ordered before heading toward the winery to pick up a bottle of the finest wine.

Speeding home, Junhyung got home just in time for the six o'clock dinner.

"Nanie!" Junhyung yelled out once he has gotten the door unlocked.

"I'm here." Nanie replied as she descended from the stairs with a package in hand.

"Hubby!" Nanie excitedly squealed as she ran the last few steps to throw her arms around his neck.

Junhyung's open arms caught his wife, tightening to bring her closer to himself.

"Happy first annivarsary!" Junhyung declared before swooping down for a passionate kiss.

At long last, both of them broke free to gasp for air.

Nanie untangled her arms to step back and present a gift to Junhyung.

Curiously, Junhyung tore the wrapping paper free to find a box.

Lifting the lid of the box, tears prickled Junhyung's eyes.

Tenderly, Junhyung ran his fingers lovingly over the picture frame, the lettering "Countdown to Daddy" before tracing the ultrasound picture.

When he felt that he has finally memorized the picture by heart, Junhyung raised his head to look into Nanie's eyes, seeking confirmation.

At Nanie's nod, they flew into each others' arms again.

"I'm pregnant." Nanie whispered.

"I know. I love you." Junhyung murmured as Nanie promptly replied "I love you, too."

Pushing back, they gazed into each others' teary eyes, brushing the tears off of each others' cheeks.

"How many months?" Junhyung wondered out loud.

"A little over three months..." Nanie responded.

"Three? And you didn't notice earlier?" Junhyung questioned.

Surprise was laced into his words.

Wistfully, Nanie breathed out "I was scared... I wanted to be sure before I told you. You know those myths... those that tell you not to say a word until you are past the first trimester. Well, I listened to it."

Junhyung came to give Nanie a big bear hug, reassuring her "There's no need to fret. Your big bear is here to protect you from all the evils of the world."

Another kiss was placed on Nanie's cheek.

Then releasing Nanie, Junhyung took out a slender box from an inner jacket pocket.

"Ooo..." Nanie cooed when she saw the delicate heart necklace with a Swarvoski crystal nestled in the center.

"Thank you, Hubby!" she said, throwing her arms around him.

"I'll help you put it on, Honey." Junhyung offered, reaching for the necklace.

After the exchanges of the gifts, the couple sat down to their romantic candlelit dinner.

As the days passed, Junhyung and Nanie continued with their work, returning home to enjoy their baby.

Their love was as strong as ever.

It was almost like they were dating again.

One day, Junhyung was out smoking coke, when he heard his friends calling him "Umma, come in."

"Umma?!" Junhyung yelled. "I'm not a mom!"

"Whatever..." Hyunseung responded without a care.

"Just get in here." Doojoon commanded.

When Junhyung at long last entered the studio, he was shocked.

Standing in front of him stood a striking young woman who he thought he would never lay eyes on again.

"Yong Junhyung!" the lady gushed, rushing up to give Junhyung a hug.

Speechless, Junhyung wasn't thinking when he just stood there and let her hug him.

After a few minutes, Junhyung finally came to his senses.

Using his hands, Junhyung tried to push her off, but it wasn't until a few more minutes later that the lady reluctantly gave up the struggle.

All eyes in the room watched the two like a hawk for the drama waiting to unfold right in front of their very eyes for free.

"Kim Hyuna.." Junhyung mumbled for the first time since the break up.

Then with a stronger voice, he continued on sarcastically "I thought you were still in United States, singing your heart out."

"Oh, no! Once I knew that you were here trying to make a name for yourself by singing, I knew that I had to come back. Since you are finally willing to join me in my passion, I'm willing to give you another chance." Hyuna sweetly told Junhyung.

In the background, snorts and laughter rang out.

Crossing her arms over her chest, Hyuna gave them the evil eye.

"What are you guys laughing about?" she demanded. "Do you doubt my feelings?"

"No, no." The guys said as they shook their head with loud chuckles.

Regarding the sudden appearance of Hyuna, Junhyung was still in shock.; so Hyuna reattached herself to Junhyung.

Finally, as if snapping out of his trance, Junhyung quickly push Hyuna away.

Crossing his arms to pace, Junhyung declared "Well, too bad. You had your chance then, but you chose your career over me."

"No, I didn't." Hyuna denied. "I thought that once I headed to United States, you would follow me. I was hoping that you would prove to me that you couldn't live without me. However, as each year passed, I began to lose hope until I heard that you were starting your own singing career here. At that moment, I knew that you were offering an olive branch, telling me that if I wanted another chance, I'll have to return to your side and help you out."

Junhyung couldn't help but to choke on his laughter.

"I can't believe that I actually even liked you. You are so full of yourself. No wonder I fell so hard and fast for Nanaie. She is totally the opposite of you." Junhyung reasoned.

"Nanie" Hyuna shrieked. "I can't believe that you fell in love with your nanny. How could you? She must be so much older than you."

"For your information, Nanie is only younger than me by a couple of years and I don't like the way you are talking about my wife." Junhyung defended.

"Wife? When did you get marry?" Hyuna caught on quickly, latching on the word 'wife'.

"Quite a few years ago." Junhyung replied with a goofy smile as he recalled his memorable wedding.

"Why did you marry her and not me? Were you that desperate?" Hyuna asked in an anguished sob.

"Are you kidding me? Look at the way you are behaving!" Junhyung gestured.

"What do you mean by the way I act? You used to love me the way I am." Hyuna retaliated.

Junhyung was quick to respond. "Notice how you said 'used to.' Now that I have the chance to look back, I don't even think that I seriously like you, much less love you. I don't know what was wrong with me."

"Do you know what's really wrong, Junhyung? You've changed. You would never have intentionally hurt me before. As for your feelings, you know you love me before and you'll love me in the future, too. Never doubt that for a second. I'll make sure you see sense soon." With that, Hyuna spun on her heels, heading into the recording room with the others having no choice but to follow in shortly.

Once inside the room, the manager of Beast announced that in celebration of the holidays, Beast would be doing a special album, where Hyuna and Junhyung will be singing duets while the rest of the group will form melodies in the background.

At the manager's words, the rest of the group glared angrily at Junhyung, asking "Why do we need to be in the background? I thought we are a group."

Before Junhyung could rush to his own defense, the manager replied as if nothing was amidst "That was Hyuna's condition for recording with us. It was either Junhyung who sings the duet with her or nothing."

With that, the group quickly turned their glare over to Hyuna, who just smiled right back at them, further infuriating the group.

As if nothing was wrong, Hyuna said "Of course I couldn't let me boyfriend fend for himself when I could help."

At everyone's gags, she continued on in contemplation "Now, if any of you are willing to be my best friend and watch out for Junhyung on my behalf, then I'll be willing to help you, too."

This time, everyone had to turn around to barf before dissolving into loud chuckles.

Hyuna was about to lash out on the group, but luckily the manager picked up on Hyuna's distress and said "Stop the giggles. It's time to begin the recording, or else we'll never finish."

After hours and numerous attempts to record the song, it was evident that from the beginning to the end of the recording, only BEAST was in sync with each other, while Hyuna was singing out of tune.

Finally, the manager called it a day "We'll resume the recording tomorrow."

Yoseob grumbled "Who's smart idea was it to include her?"

Gikwang chimed in "I don't get how she got popular, when she can't even carry a tune with us. We're probably better off without her."

Hyuna immediately took offense. "Who do you think you are talking about? Remember, I'm the one who is popular now, not you guys. You guys are the ones that need help. Besides, with the way you guys are acting, of course, I'm not in the right mood to produce holiday cheers."

With those parting words, Hyuna turned to hang onto Junhyung's arms, leading a reluctant Junhyung out.

As everyone was departing, Dongwoon snickered "You got told, Gikwang."

Just outside of the door, Junhyung flung free of Hyuna's arms.

"Stay out of my personal life!" Junhyung shouted.

"I don't want to! Come shopping with me please." Hyuna pleaded, making attempts to cling back onto Junhyung.

Once again, Junhyung broke free, storming out of the building.

At home, Junhyung enjoyed a quiet night with his wife, cooking a delicious dinner together before watching a romantic comedy and retiring for the night.

However, in the middle of the night, Junhyung's cellphone rang shrilly.

Immediately, the startled Junhyung and Nanie both woke up.

Nanie reached blindly for the lamp's switch.

By the time the light was on, Junhyung had already sat up with his cell phone in hand, glaring at the unfamiliar number.

Cursing, Junhyung answered the phone with a terse "Hello?"

Hyuna's sweet voice flowed through the line "Did you miss me?"

"No!" Junhyung swore out loud.

Nanie tried to curl up to Junhyung's side, making attempts to soothe him, but her attempts were met with failure.

Instead of gaining a loving husband by her side, Junhyung pushed Nanie aside, flinging the covers back down to pad out of the room.

Although Junhyung had stepped out onto the terrace, Nanie was still able to hear certain words floating into the room.

One particular word stuck in her mind.

The name "Hyuna" ran through her mind repeatedly, reminding her of the beauty that broke her husband's heart.

At long last, Junhyung slammed his phone shut.

Thunder flashing in his eyes, Junhyung stomped into the room.

Without saying a word to Nanie, Junhyung went to the closest, pulling clothes on.

Uncertainly, Nanie asked "Junhyung? Where are you going?"

Junhyung didn't say much in reply, except "Out."

That night, for the first time since her marriage, Nanie slept alone in her martial bed, crying herself to sleep.

Junhyyung had barely reached the sidewalk of his house, when a horn blasted through the night, drawing his attention.

Seeing Hyuna in the driver's seat, Junhyung reluctantly walked over.

Hyuna leaned against the passenger's seat, opening the passenger's door.

Junhyung got in.

Before Junhyung could even clip on his seat belt, Hyuna sped off from the curb.

"Damn it! Can't you wait! Are you trying to get us killed?" Junhyung yelled.

"No. I wouldn't want you dead, my sweet honey." Hyuna cooed.

"No one is your honey here." Junhyung retorted.

"You are, honey bun. Now stop acting like you don't know what I'm talking about. We have been together for a much longer time than this; so games are unnecessary." Hyuna reasoned.

"No one is your honey bun either. Now focus your attention on the roads. You may want to die, but I don't. I still want to see my child being born." Junhyung retaliated.

"Well, if you'll just listen to me, then you wouldn't have to worry about dying, but the reality is, I will never let you die. You are my life, my love." Hyuna declared.

"Okay, okay." Junhyung gave up, knowing he would never win.

All he wanted to do was get this over with as soon as possible and return back to Nanie's side.

Lost in his own thoughts, Junhyung didn't realize where they are until it was too late.

"A plaza?" Junhyung questioned. "I thought we were going to the studio to record."

"I can't go to the studio until I'm in the right mood; and the only way for me to become happy is to have you go on a date with me." Hyuna explained.

"A date? Are you insane? I have a wife at home. A wife, who I'm supposed to be snuggle up with." Junhyung screeched.

"You know what? You are not making me happy here. You are doing the complete opposite." Despite saying that, Hyuna still reattached herself with Junhyung, smiling as she led him into the shopping complex.

Excitedly, Hyuna went from store to store, trying on various outfits.

Despite Junhyung's cool facade, Hyuna sought out his opinions.

In the end, Hyuna bought whatever pleased her.

Junhyung hated having to drag his feet after Hyuna and carrying all her shopping bags, but he had no choice.

The manager had made it clear that Hyuna was Beast's only chance of making it big.

For the sake of the whole group, Junhyung knew that he had to cater to Hyuna's every whim, no matter how abominable the situation is.

After Hyuna finished with her shopping spree, Junhyung thought that they would finally head to the studio, but rather then speeding off to the destination that Junhyung had in mind, Hyuna drove to house that looked like a miniature castle.

"Where are we?" Junhyung asked.

"My place." Hyuna replied as if it was no big deal.

"I thought we were going to the studio to record." Junhyung gave his thought a voice.

"No. I'm too tired to record now." Hyuna said, but still, she invited Junhyung into her place.

Refusing, Junhyung called a taxi, knowing that he had to draw the line somewhere.

“If you leave now, I promise you that Beast will never get that recording.” Hyuna threatened.

At those words, Junhyung's hands froze on the door handle, pausing to think of the repercussions.

Since he knew that the whole group depended on him, Junhyung reluctantly opened the door to hand the driver a tip before stepping back and slamming the door shut.

On feet weighed down by lead, Junhyung trudged up the steps to arrive at Hyuna's side.

Despite Junhyung's desires, Hyuna linked her arms through Junhyung, dragging him up the steps and into her house.

Instead of practicing the songs, Hyuna made coffee that were brought up to the balcony of her room.

Sitting there to take a few sips with Junhyung, Hyuna soon disappeared to take a shower and emerged dressed in a bath robe.

Although Junhyung was suspicious of Hyuna's motives, he knew that she had the upper hand and he'll just have to obey.

After sipping some more coffee, Hyuna told Junhyung to take a shower, too.

At first, Junhyung tried to talk his way out of it, but Hyuna did not give him a chance, threatening him once again.

Junhyung barely jumped into the shower, when he jumped back out, hating the fragrance.

A five minute shower was long enough for Junhyung.

This time, when Junhyung saw Hyuna, she was stripped down to her nightgown, watching Junhyung's entrance as the railings braced her back.

As Junhyung walked toward her, Hyuna flung her arms around Junhyung, holding on tight.

However, Junhyung was extremely uncomfortable, disentangling himself from Hyuna.

"Hyuna, you better stop this or I'm going to leave right now." Junhyung warned.

Gazing into Junhyung's eyes, Hyuna knew that he meant business; so on second thought, she held his hands and led him to the entertainment room, where they spent the rest of the hours watching movie after movie.

By the time Junhyung realized that Hyuna had fallen asleep, the sun was already peeking out from the horizon.

Seeing his chance to escape, Junhyung stealthily slipped out the door and into the safe cocoon of a taxi.

At home, Junhyung stripped off before climbing into bed with Nanie.

In spoon fashion, Junhyung snuggled his front to Nanie's back, embracing Nanie as his hands cradled their child.

Within a few hours of Junhyung arriving in bed, Nanie woke up.

Quick like the speed of light, Nanie turned to place a chaste kiss on Junhyung's chest, where his heart rested before quietly disentangling her arms and legs from his without waking him up.

Luckily for her, Nanie did not experience any morning sickness during her first trimester, which allowed her to get through her morning ritual that included cooking a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausages, and toasts.

The only difference was that rather than making a pot of coffee, Nanie now had to pour orange juice in its place.

Following her daily ritual, Nanie continued on to open the door and pick up today's newspaper.

The image on the front page immediately made Nanie dash to the nearest restroom and empty out last night's meal as nausea consumed her.

Once her rolling tummy has settled down, Nanie pushed herself to lift up the newspaper and read the caption below the picture then continue on with the article.

Tears streamed down her face as she continued to read sentence after sentence.

Finally, Nanie finished reading the whole article.

She neatly refolded the newspaper and got up, cleaning her face from all traces of tears.

Even though the newspaper sat right next to his plate, Junhyung took little notice of it.

Alternatively, Nanie's lack of appetite captured his attention, prompting him to ask in concern "Aren't you hungry, Nanie? You need to eat for yourself and the baby."

Choosing not to answer, Nanie asked back "Don't you have something to tell me?"

"No.." Junhyung hesitated uncertainly, thinking that it is a trap.

"No?!" Nanie yelled. "Look at the newspaper! It's all over the news already and you still want to lie to me..."

Nanie broke down, sobbing tearfully.

Not caring that his utensils clattered down from his hands, Junhyung rushed to Nanie, enveloping her in his arms.

"It's nothing like what the newspaper reported." Junhyung soothed as he rubbed her back.

Never in his life had he saw Nanie being like this, which scared Junhyung to death; so he squeezed her tighter.

Unlike the time they were in bed, this time, Nanie smelled the feminine scent on Junhyung.

Using her hands, Nanie pushed as hard as she could to create a gap between Junhyung and herself.

Of course, Junhyung struggled to have Nanie and their baby in his arms again, but she refused.

"Let go of me! I don't want you after you have been with another woman." Nanie declared.

Nanie's words did what her hands couldn't.

Shock gripped Junhyung as if Nanie had slapped him.

Immediately, as if Nanie had burned him, Junhyung let her go.

Jaws clenched tight, Junhyung said "There's nothing going on between Hyuna and me."

"Hyuna?" Nanie asked. "The Hyuna that was your girlfriend and who you planned to marry until she left you for the States and a career in singing?"

Junhyung's grim nod told Nanie that she's the third wheel now and their baby made up the fourth wheel.

Nanie spun on her heels and headed for the room, grabbing her stuff for work.

Junhyung followed closely, but Nanie stopped him, telling him that they'll discuss this later.

Although it hurt to watch her walk away, Junhyung understood that Nanie needed time to think.

He wished that he hadn't been so honest in pouring out all his feelings to Nanie when he first met her, but he never expected her to be the one.

However, subconsciously he must have known that she was the only one for him because except for Nanie, he never admitted to anyone the hurt and betrayal he felt by Hyuna's departure and he for sure never specifically told anyone that Hyuna chose her career over him.

Thinking about his relationship with Nanie, Junhyung knew that if he had the chance to choose whether to be completely honest to Nanie about his relationship with Hyuna, he would still choose to tell Nanie every single, little detail.

Since there was no reason to keep on pondering over what he could not fix at the moment, Junhyung left for work.

Surprisingly, Hyuna was not at work.

Therefore, Beast was able to act like themselves, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere as they recorded one song after another without any problems.

While Beast was thriving from time away from Hyuna, Nanie arrived home to receive an unexpected visitor.

As Nanie followed the walkway to the front of her house, the stranger called out uncertainly "Nanie?"

"Yes?" Nanie responded, slowing her steps. "How may I help you?"

"Oh. So you're the infamous Nanie. You can help me by leaving Junhyung alone." The stranger drawled, attracting Nanie's attention.

Assessing the stranger from head to toes, Nanie at long last recognized her visitor to be Hyuna.

"In your dreams, Hyuna." Nanie responded.

"So you do know who I am. Then you must also know that I'm the love of Junhyung's life." Hyuna persisted.

"The life of Junhyung's life?" Nanie snorted in mock terror. "The last time I checked, Junhyung was my husband. He loves me, not you."

Not appearing to be at least ashamed, Hyuna reiterated "He only married you because I left him. We all know that you were only the rebound girl. I'm the only one he truly loves."

"Sure. Keep telling yourself that and maybe you'll believe it." Nanie nonchalantly replied with sarcastic humor.

"I think you're the one who should start believing in what I say." Hyuna told Nanie. "Because if you don't, I got some proof for you."

With that said, Hyuna reached into her purse and grabbed out a stack of photos, which included Junhyung and her on walking into her house, them on the balcony with her in a robe, them hugging, and photos of them .

Nanie's hands shook as she flipped through each additional photo.

"No this couldn't be true" Nanie chanted in her mind, hoping that that was the truth, but damn the pictures.

Wanting to provoke a response out of Nanie, Hyuna questioned "Doesn't Junhyung look spectacular in the ?"

"Yes, he does, but too bad I'm the only one who has the privilege to see that whenever I want." Nanie said, building up a front, knowing that two could play the game.

Not bothering to give Hyuna a chance to say anymore nonsense, Nanie walked into the house.

The slam of the door caused Hyuna to smile; for it signified that Nanie wasn't as untouchable as she appeared to be.

When Junhyung came home an hour later, Nanie was asleep on the couch.

The tear stained face made Junhyung's heart slam against his chest.

Bending down, Junhyung kissed away the tears on Nanie's cheek.

Then moving lower, Junhyung kissed the slight swell of Nanie's once flat tummy.

"Be good, baby." Junhyung laid his head on her tummy and talked to the twenty-one week old fetus. "Don't cause mommy to worry. She already has a lot to do without you creating more problems for her. Treat mommy with the love she deserves and I'll reward you when you're born. Okay? Daddy loves you, baby."

As if the baby really understood his daddy, it gave a hard kick, drawing chuckles from Junhyung before he kissed the spot where he felt the baby's answer.

By the time he lifted his head up, Nanie was already awake, watching his every move.

Their eyes met and held.

"When did you wake up?" Junhyung asked.

Smiling sweetly, Nanie's voice became dreamy. "When I felt the baby's first kick. Here's another one."

Nanie's hands reached out for Junhyung's hands, bringing it to the spot of their baby.

Their hands rested on their baby, full of love.

The first kick of their baby made the idea of them having a baby become a true reality.

Junhyung gathered Nanie into his arms, carrying her up to their master bedroom, where they laid snuggled together for the rest of the night.

In the morning, they cooked breakfast together, reliving their honeymoon phase as if nothing happened the previous day.

However, the moment was short-lived.

Soon Nanie's eyes caught sight of the newspaper lying on the coffee table, which brought back all the memories of what occurred during the early evening.

Contrary to Nanie's desire to question Junhyung, he had already left for work.

Nanie contained her spitting mad curiosity and went to work, too.

For the next several days, Junhyung continued to be gone for most of the night, only appearing home, when Nanie was gone.

At the same time, Hyuna left daily pictures in the mailbox for Nanie to digest.

As if images weren't worth a thousand words, Hyuna had to add comments that served as captions on the back of each photo, reinforcing Nanie's worst thoughts.

When at long last, Junhyung and Nanie were able to see each other face to face, Nanie took advantage of the opportunity to get everything off her chest.

Breaking free of their little world that included staring at each other as if they needed to starved to devour each others' changes in the past few days, Nanie asked with barely concealed anger "Where were you these past few nights?"

Junhyung left Nanie's side to stand staring out the window at the dark night filled with city lights.

Despite knowing that his reply won't sit well with Nanie, Junhyung replied calmly "Out."

"Out to where?" Nanie demanded.

"Out, out. I didn't want to go, but I was summoned by Hyuna. She threatened me with the well-being of Beast's upcoming promotion; so I was forced to go to the mall, theater, and her house with her." Junhyung responded in frustration.

"Mall? Theater? Her house? That sounds more like a date than a threat! How can you do this to me? The second I tell you I'm pregnant, you go off with another girl. Am I really that fat already? What am I going to do in another few more months? Are you going to kick me out of the house, too?" Nanie questioned.

"Be responsible, Nanie! I only went because I can't let the group down. What do you want me to do? Give up on Hyuna's help with the promotion? Also, I thought we loved each other. That is my baby you are carrying. I'll always want him or her. And I'll always want you because you are my wife, the love of my life, the one I need by my side." Junhyung declared as his mind warred with feelings of love and hate.

"What about Hyuna? Wasn't she your first love? The love you will always remember?" Nanie elaborated, making the discussion more difficult.

Junhyung took in a deep breath, attempting to be patient as he reasoned with Nanie. "I thought that Hyuna was the love of my life, but after I met you, I realized that the love I shared with you was far more superior than any feeling I ever had with Hyuna. My feelings for her is less than a fraction of any feelings I ever had for you. Please understand, Nanie. Deep in your heart, you know that I love you. Don't you ever doubt my love for you and our baby." Junhyung finished with love apparent in his voice and face.

Nanie steered the topic back to her original intentions. "No. I don't see that. What I see is a man trying to make excuses. You still haven't told me what happened in her house."

"Nothing happened in her house." Junhyung bit out.

"Nothing? Does getting with another girl while your wife is pregnant mean nothing to you?" Nanie's voice rose, getting madder by the second.

This truly angered Junhyung, causing him to turn around and explode in thundering rage. "I did not get with another girl before or during our marriage! How can you accuse me of such a thing? I thought that you loved me, and with love comes trust. Am I that misguided?"

Junhyung's anger fired Nanie's.

Without another word, Nanie flung the stack of photos in the direction of Junhyung, hitting him squarely on the chest.

Bending down, Junhyung picked up the photos, glancing at each one.

"Who gave you these photos? They are totally photo-shopped. I never got with Hyuna before and I mostly definitely won't do that now. The closest to I had ever gotten with Hyuna was for swimming." Junhyung explained.

"Look at the captions then tell me who I should believe." Nanie supplied.

Junhyung flipped the pictures backward, reading a few captions before cursing.

"Damn Hyuna! I can't believe she'll resort to photo-shopping us together, but most of all, I can't believe that you'll believe her. What happened to the sweet, talkative, and friendly girl I feel in love with? You are tossing our love and trust away! From the first day she got back, she was already jealous of you. If you can't see it, I'll tell you: She is trying to tear us apart!" With that said, Junhyung opened the door wide, stepping out before allowing the door to slam shut.

Immediately outside, Junhyung smoked some coke.

Tears sprang into Nanie's eyes, dripping down her porcelain face as she climbed the stairs up to their bedroom, like a lone soldier.

For the third time since their marriage, Nanie cried herself to sleep.

By the time Junhyung had calmed down to try and talk to Nanie, it was already too late.

Seeing her tear-stained face, Junhyung felt awful.

He didn't want to do this to her, but he knew that the whole group, the brothers who have been with him through thick and thin, depended on him; so he had no choice but to continue with Hyuna's charade.

He just hoped that Nanie would understand.

Luck was probably not on Junhyung's side because the way the argument ended seem to signal his relationship with Nanie.

The next day, Junhyung decided to come home early to take Nanie out to eat as a truce; so that they can form a compromise.

However, the scene that greeted Junhyung stopped his heart cold, freezing his whole body as he gazed at the scene in front of him without really taking it all in.

The one thought that rang home was that Nanie was leaving.

Finally, when Nanie was ready to get behind the wheel and drive off, Junhyung came to his senses.

Junhyung dashed out from his car, running towards Nanie.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

"There's nothing left to say." Nanie responded coldly.

Thinking quick on his feet, Junhyung offered "You stay in the house. I'll move."

Not bothering to say another word, Junhyung went into the house, packing up most of his clothes and toiletries into a travel bag before dumping it into his car and firing the engine to speed off to a hotel.

Nanie stared in his wake.

In disbelief, Nanie slowly brought her stuff back from her car and into the house.

For the next few months, Nanie was sad that Junhyung was gone, but she knew that she had to be strong for the baby's sake; so no matter what, she tried to live each day to the fullest.

Constantly, Nanie would talk to the baby, knowing this was her only chance to fully enjoy the baby's companion before she gave birth to the baby and had to share the baby with its father.

Although Junhyung initially rented a hotel to stay in, it was only for the first couple of days, when he worked on a deal with his neighbor that included renting from the house next to his home with Nanie.

At the same time, besides paying rent, Junhyung also found another place for his neighbor's family to stay at.

This was because by living next door, Junhyung was able to sneak back into bed with Nanie every night.

When Nanie has turned out all the night and Junhyung was sure she has fallen into a deep sleep, he'll sneak into their room, and cuddle up with her, spooning together.

During this time, Junhyung would constantly rub Nanie's tummy in soothing circles, talking to their baby.

Then before the time he knew she'll wake up, Junhyung would slip out of bed and return back to the place he rented.

As the days passed and it got closer to Nanie's due date, Junhyung became less daring, returning to his rented home earlier, in fear of the restless Nanie catching him in bed with her.

Therefore, Junhyung did not get enough sleep each night, making him grouchier by the day.

At first, Hyuna did not care and thought that the phase will pass.

Therfore, Hyuna was not ashamed to keep on pestering Junhyung daily in hopes of changing his mind, but Junhyung's panda eyes became bigger and blacker by the day.

The cheerful songs at first lacked the emotions it required by Junhyung though soon the joyful lyrics became a duet of depression.

Also, all the powder in the numerous make up kits could not serve to cover the signs of depression and sleep deprivation well enough for Junhyung to take the picture required for Beast's new album cover with Hyuna.

In the middle of one recording, Junhyung's cellphone rang out.

This immediately stirred the frustration of all the memmbers of the group that broke out into yells.

However, Junhyung ignored all the catcalls, hurrying to take the call.

"Dr. Su Won? This is Junhyung." Junhyung spoke into the phone.

"Junhyung? This is Dr. Su Won. I just wanted to let you know that you're going to be a daddy soon. Nanie is already at the hospital." Dr. Su Won replied.

"Daddy? I'm going to be a father soon!" Junhyung shouted, which caught everyone's attention.

Then in a quieter, yet still enthusiastic voice, Junhyung said "I'll be at the hospital as soon as possible. In the meantime, keep Nanie safe please."

"Will do." Dr. Su Won said, clicking off the phone.

Soon Junhyung also clicked off.

Everyone stared at Junhyung, waiting for an explanation.

When Junhyung turned to glare right back at them, he asked "What?"

Hyun Seung was the first to break the ice. "Dude, you were saying you are going to be a father."

"Oh, right. I'm going to become a father. Nanie is at the hospital waiting for me." A sudden light bulb in Junhyung's head, reminding him that there was somewhere else he needed to be.

Emotions soaring high, Junhyung rushed out of the studio.

Hands shaking in excitement, Junhyung pulled out his keys and tried to fit it into the keyhole, but the shaking prevented the key from going into the keyhole.

During one of his numerous attempts, the keys were yanked out from his hold.

"What do you think you are doing?" Junhyung shouted.

"Let me drive you, Junhyung. You are not fit to drive in the state you are." Hyuna replied.

"Now get in if you want to see your wife and baby." she commanded.

All that processed in his mind was that he'll get to see Nanie and their child soon; so without a care, he got into the car.

Hyuna sped off, urged on by the extremely impatient Junhyung.

Before the car even came to a complete stop, Junhyung hopped off like an excited child discovering his most longed for toy.

Junhyung ran into the hospital, searching frantically for Nanie until a nurse stopped him in his tracks.

"Mister, who are you looking for?" the nurse patiently questioned.

"I'm looking for my wife." Junhyung told the nurse, hoping to brush her off as his eyes darted around in a continuous search for Nanie.

However, the nurse detained him with a hand. "Who is your wife? If you give me her name, I'll be able to look her up in our system and tell you where she is at. We really don't need you running like a lunatic, searching frantically for your wife."

"My wife is Nanie Lee. If you can help me find her, please do it quick. I want to be by her side when she delivers our baby." Junhyung rushed on to make his point, in fear that he won't be able to witness the birth of his firstborn.

"This is your first child?" the nurse asked.

At Junhyung's nod, the nurse soothed "Don't worry then. First baby normally takes a long time to be delivered."

By this time, Hyuna had arrived by Junhyung's side.

Junhyung was about to respond, but the nurse cut him off. "Your nurse is in labor and deliver room three. Walk down that hallway and make a left and you'll arrive at the labor and delivery nurse station. Make another left turn and the rooms are on your right. The numbers of the room are on the doors from small to big; so count down three rooms and you'll find your wife and baby. If you can't find it, just follow the signs."

"Thank you." Junhyung flung back as he ran in the direction the nurse has said.

Hyuna followed closely behind.

The nurse's good luck was met with death ears.

Upon Junhyung's arrival at the door of Nanie's room, he paused, uncertain as to whether Nanie will allow him in.

Hyuna saw the hesitation and took the choice out of Junhyung's hands.

Knocking loudly on the door three times, Hyuna did not even bother to wait for Nanie's response, when she opened the door and push Junhyung in.

Despite being in labor, Nanie shouted "Get out! I don't want to see you..."

She broke off in another wave of pain.

Sadly, Junhyung realized that he couldn't continue to be Nanie's big protective bear.

Despite how much he wanted to absorb his wife's pain, even giving birth to the baby himself if if it was possible, Junhyung knew that that was impossible; so he vowed to never get her pregnant again though that was if Nanie would even ever let him touch her again.

Dejectedly, Junhyung walked out the door, resigning himself to the role of supporter from behind the scenes.

He knew that he'll do whatever he could do to show that he loved her and will protect her always, even if it meant to please her by doing things that was contrary to his heart's desire.

Junhyung was so lost in his own misery that he didn't notice that Hyuna was not by his side.

Hyuna allowed Nanie to breathe through her contraction before beginning her lecture. "Why do you have to push Junhyung away? He loves you. I know that I was a fool to think that I can come between you and him. No matter what I did, I couldn't compare to you. He only had you in his heart and mind. Look at all those bags beneath his eyes. He misses you like crazy and he loves you and the kid. I wish I can pull his out of his misery, but I think that you are the only cure to his depression. I admit defeat. Seeing him like this, I understand what true love means. I will never be able to take your place and I don't want to. In fact, I never should have even tried. I'm sorry for all those pictures with comments. I should never have misled you with a professional photo-shop skill. I'm sorry. I truly am. For the first time in a long while, Junhyung was actually happy. He was so excited to see you and the baby, but look at him now. With only a few words, you could reduce him to tears. Don't you think that he deserves to be in here with you, when you deliver the baby?"

Placing her hand over Nanie's tummy, Hyuna continued "This baby is a product of both of your love; so it will only be right if the baby arrives in the loving arms of its parents."

From Hyuna's eyes, tears glistened precariously.

On the other hand, Nanie openly sobbed.

Hyuna took Nanie into her arms, allowing Nanie to cry on her shoulder until the next contraction hit.

Releasing herself from Nanie, Hyuna asked "Would you like me to call Junhyung in?"

Nanie nodded.

By the time Junhyung reentered the room, the contraction had passed.

Opening her arms, Nanie cried "I'm so sorry, Junhyung. I made us lose so much time."

Junhyung gathered her into his arms, sitting on the hospital bed and simply held her, absorbing her warmth and the vigorous kicks of their baby in between.

Once she was able to maintain a firmer grasp of her emotions, Nanie took his large hands into her small one to place it over her moving belly. where their baby was practicing a few last minute kicks. "I most regret having you missed out on the growth of our baby. And for that, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have deprived you of that right."

Junhyung curled Nanie's hands into his own to murmur "You didn't deprive me of anything. I was there by your side each night, talking to sugar pie."

"Sugar pie?" Nanie asked in confusion, laughing at the funny name.

"Hey! That's our daughter you're laughing at. I nicknamed her 'sugar pie.' If you have something to say about it, then just tell me. Quit laughing at her, or else she'll get her revenge during the delivery." Junhyung defended.

As if the baby understood her daddy, she delivered a swift kick.

Nanie rubbed the spot affectionately, pretending to berate the baby. "Are you siding with your daddy already? Remember mommy is the one who carried you for all these months and will be giving birth to you."

"But I'm the one who talks to her each night; so of course she'll recognize daddy first and listen to him."

Nanie didn't believe him. "Talk to her each night? That's impossible! You moved out a long time ago."

"I may have moved out, but I still have the key to our house, which meant that I was able to come in while you were sleeping and leave long before you were awake. Was I really that sleek that you didn't notice that I have been in bed with you each night?" Junhyung explained.

"You slept with me every night? And talked to the baby? How did you know we are having a daughter?" Nanie questioned in disbelief.

"Oh, look who we have here. My two favorite people. And to answer your question Nanie, that would have to be my fault." The doctor walked in smiling. "I know that you did not want Junhyung there, but you are both my friends; so I know you two. You love him and he loves you; so I saw nothing wrong with letting him watch from behind the scene while I did your check up. I knew that once you two patched up, you'll regret not having allowed him to be present throughout the baby's growth; so I decided to help make sure you never regretted it. Now can I check to see how much you have progressed?"

Tears resurfaced from the depth of Nanie's eyes.

"Thank you! Now come give me a hug before you check on your goddaughter." Nanie sobbed.

While Nanie gave Dr. Su Won a hug of thanks, Junhyung gave the man a large pat on the back, signaling the same level of thanks.

During the next few minutes, Dr. Su Won gave a quick, yet thorough examination of Nanie and his goddaughter.

However, before Dr. Su Won could give out his verdict, Nanie's water broke, splashing the rising Dr. Su Won.

"I guess someone is in a hurry to meet us." Dr. Su Won said before plopping back down into his seat.

The next hour passed by in a blur as Junhyung acted as Nanie's coach, constantly reminding her of her breathing exercises and encouraging her on.

As he wiped the sweat from Nanie's face, Junhyung placed a quick kiss on her forehead and once again vowed to never get her pregnant again.

At long last, Nanie delivered a whopping seven pound three ounces baby girl, which they named Charlotte Natalie Yong.

The proud parents were so happy that despite having a newborn, they re-entered into the honeymoon phase, representing the ideal couple in love; for they were able to forgive Hyuna, even going as far as to allow her to be Charlotte's godmother.

After Nanie's six week checkup, Nanie arranged for her parents to take care of Charlotte before she going home to tell Junhyung that the doctor had pronounced her fit enough to resume normal activities, including making love.

Junhyung's response was to hold up a .

Nanie flicked her fingers at the package, telling him "You can use the condoms for the first year or two, but afterward, it's back to unprotected until I get a miniature you."

"No way!" Junhyung screeched.

As a quick comeback, Nanie replied "Oh, yes way! I need a man in this house."

"A man in this house? What are you talking about? I'm already the man of the house." Junhyung retaliated, taking the offense to defend himself.

"A real man wouldn't be afraid to get his wife pregnant." Nanie ribbed.

"Fine!" Junhyung said in mock anger. "We'll start now."

With that, Junhyung started chasing Nanie around the house.

When Nanie was caught, she yelled out breathlessly "No, no. Not now. In a few years! I want to enjoy Charlotte for now."

However, her words met dead ears because Junhyung lifted her in his arms and carried her into their bedrooms, where they spent the night screaming in ecstasy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! If you'll like to request an one shot, co-author, review, or participate in one of our montly challenges, please visit us at http://writer-strike-vst.blogspot.com/