A Lot Can Happen In One Night PART 2

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

Title: A Lot Can Happen In One Night PART 2
Couple: Jade Fox & Xiah Junsu
Inspiration: Free – Natalia Kills & Every Little Part Of Me – Alesha Dixon
Writer: Channie
~~~~~~~~~~ 


Hiding herself behind a hot cup of cappuccino, Jade analysed every move Taeyeon made, especially when one specific person walked in.

“Oh my, Xiah.” Taeyeon’s voice went higher and sweeter then ever before. Jade’s heart sank, witnessing Taeyeon try to flirt with this unknown person. Already, Jade hated Xiah’s guts and wished he’d burn in hell.

And there was only one valid reason why.

Jade hated people judging her. She hated the fact that Xiah would only react when she acted like a . She was nothing like that in person. Usually she wouldn’t be in a club partying, she would be watching Secret Garden with a large bowl of Ice Cream – which was usually her favourite, Cookies and Cream – or with a notepad in front of her, writing her own romantic world which would make anyone cry, especially Taeyeon.

 

Right now, however, Taeyeon didn’t need a tearjerker; she needed a BACKBREAKER to shut her up. She was twirling strands of hair around her finger, giggling like a school girl. Usually Taeyeon wouldn’t use this act until dire emergencies but to her, annoying Jade to the brink of destruction was the biggest emergency in the world. Usually, Jade would be saying to her: “Hurry up and get his number. Time is money, Taeyeon.” However, not even her Business woman patience could help her now.

She had to get out of the café.

 

Without Xiah noticing.

Without Taeyeon noticing.

And fast before she lost her patience with both of the giggling OC wannabes.

 

Jade hid her face under her hat and walked out the door, breathing in the fresh Seoul air. Without any hesitation, she walked as fast as her Jimmy Coos could carry her until someone noticed.

 

“Jade!”

 

Too bloody late.

 

“Jade, wait up!!” Xiah ran after her, holding the paper cup of Cappuccino in his hand. “You forgot this.”

“How do you know my name?” Jade glared at Xiah, frustrated that this needy man would follow her.

“Taeyeon told me. Speaking of Taeyeon, she asked me to give her my number.”

“Then do it. Taeyeon needs someone to shut her up every once in a while.”

 

Jade couldn’t stop giving Xiah the cold shoulder. There was something about Xiah that she liked and she hated it. Xiah was something else.

 

“Nah, Taeyeon’s too giggly for me. She seems like the type of girl who would go for Hero instead of me. I like girls with more… personality.”

“Are you saying my friend has the personality of a rock, Xiah?” Jade laughed at herself and noticed that Xiah was laughing too.

 

Someone who likes my jokes? Jade thought to herself. Is this guy for real?

 

“No, of course not. I like girl who can stand their own ground and not depend on anyone. Kinda like you.”

“Nuh uh, I don’t stand my ground.”

“It didn’t seem like that last night.”

“I was drunk and she was clearly aiming to drag Micky into bed.”

 

Xiah laughed again and Jade felt a tinge in her heart. All the walls she built up were slowly crumbling around her. This was the last thing Jade wanted to happen. “No way, nuh uh!” Jade shook her head. “You’re gonna ask me out and the answer is totally no.”

“What?! Why?”

“Because last night was a blip. I am not that kind of girl.”

“I didn’t say you were that kind of girl.”

“Well, if you do… I’m not!” Jade glared at Xiah and walked off.

 

“Prove it! I’m with the guys later today and Max’s dragging us to laser tag. Maybe you can prove to me you’re not that kind of girl.”

 

Jade sighed to herself and before she knew it, she was standing in a dark room with a toy gun in her hand – more like a laser pointer taped to a Power Rangers toy. Jade looked to her right and saw Taeyeon whimpering behind a crate, crouching in her high heels and high-waist denim shorts. For revenge, Jade dragged her to the laser tag match to watch how she would react.

 

“I hate you so much right now, Jade Fox.” Taeyeon hissed at her, a look of pure fear on her face.

“Let’s say… we’re even now. Taeyeon.” Jade smirked and watched her friend squeal as the youngest of Xiah’s friends, Max ran into their hiding space, “shooting” Taeyeon.

“Haha, got you Noona.”

 

Taeyeon sighed, flipping her blonde tipped hair like nothing happened.

 

“You got me? I’m in heels. If I run, I could break my ankle.”

 

While Max and Taeyeon argued over each other, Jade snuck through the room, looking at the shredded set props. Some were rocks made by spray-painted balls of polystyrene and others were shredded adverts – like product placements for ice cream and promotions for Idol group comebacks – scattered all over the ground. Trying not to blow her cover, Jade was looking for one person and all she had to do was follow the dolphin-like squeal echoing through the stadium.

 

Suddenly, two boys – Hero and Yunho – popped out of nowhere and began to shoot. Dodging every “bullet”, Jade ran, hiding behind any shelter possible. She heard Max’s shout, followed by a squeal and the clattering of Taeyeon’s high heels as they chased the team behind Jade.

 

In the corner of her eye, Jade saw Xiah and Micky, waiting until all of the party were in their range. Jade pointed the gun directly at the sensor on Xiah’s back. She felt a smirk on her face as she ran toward him, pulling the trigger.

 

A loud vibration shook the sensor and Xiah jumped.

“Jade?!”

“Told you I’m not an Ice Princess.”

 

“GAME OVER. RED TEAM WINS” The voice over above them shouted through the tannoy. Max and Taeyeon ran towards Jade and hugged her.

“Whoo hoo! We did it. Way to go, Noona.” Max giggled like a child, jumping up and down.

“I’m alive!!” Taeyeon bounced in her high heels, which surprisingly stayed in tact.

 

“Xiah, you idiot!” Hero’s shout could be heard from the distance, followed by a quieter reply from Yunho.

“Here we go again.” Micky sighed, listening to Yunho and Hero argue like an old married couple.

 

As everyone walked out, Xiah tapped Jade’s shoulder, holding two small tubs of Jade’s favourite ice cream.

“I swear you must be a good listener or you’re stalking me.” Jade laughed, hiding her OMG-IT’S-ICE-CREAM-NOM-NOM-NOM reaction.

“I’m a VERY good listener.” Xiah chuckled, walking alongside her. “So, did you have fun?”

“Yeah.” Jade nodded, happily eating her ice cream. “Your friends are a little weird.”

“Look who’s talking! Did you see Taeyeon? Who wears high heels and shorts to laser tag.”

“Kim Taeyeon.” Jade said with a smirk on her face. Not only did she get her revenge on Taeyeon, she didn’t feel uncomfortable around Xiah- and she did win the entire game.

 

However the awkwardness didn’t stay away for long and they were aimlessly walking around the Entertainment Multiplex. Jade looked at Xiah again and smiled. Although he liked her for being herself, she had one more wall to keep up. The wall that kept her sane in all this madness.

 

That was until Xiah spoke again.

 

“So do you wanna do this another time? Maybe just us two alone.”

 

The final wall was down and Jade’s heart raced like crazy.

Damn you, Xiah Junsu!! She thought. Why do you have to be the one who finally gets me to open up?!