Feeling is Believing

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

 

Title: Feeling is Believing

Requested by: Lan Kai Ling

Main Characters: Haneul and Mir of MBLAQ

One-Shot writer: ChoiDaeJi

RATED SCENE!

Feeling is Believing

 

“Yah! What’re you doing, you big jerk!” Haneul spat out sand, wiping her face with her arms to get the sand out of her eyes. Mir had just kicked sand all over her.

“Shut up stupid girl,” Mir yelled back over his shoulder. He snickered under his breath and didn’t break stride until something hit him in the back of the head.

Haneul was laughing uncontrollably. Mir felt his hair and sand covered his head.

“Yah! You stupid girl, do not throw sand at me commoner!”

“Well do not kick sand on me you big, dumb jerk. Or I will burn down your house…arrasso??” Her eyes were big, filled with fire.

“Aish! I don’t need to listen to an arrogant little girl threaten me. I’m gone,” Mir shook his head sending sand flying. He turned towards his house and walked until he reached his boat and climbed aboard. Haneul ignored him, gathered up her bucket and walked the short distance back to her house on the beach.

Haneul and Mir both live on an island just off the coast of Incheon. Except Haneul lives with her older, neglectful sister in a small house and Mir lives in an elegant home farther up the beach. Mir has always been in her life one way or another, when they were little they mostly ignored each other and he made fun of her for being poor. As they’ve gotten older they’ve had more contact, often times she avoids him but sometimes…they fight…very loudly. Haneul spends most of her time alone, on the beach or in the water searching for something, anything to prove the existence of mermaids. Mir has always made a point of making fun of her and bringing her down but lately he hasn’t been on the island much, as he’s grown more popular with the girls he tends to visit Incheon more and more often.

Haneul sat at the kitchen table sorting through her bucket, shells, coins, can tabs, and random bits of metal…nothing that screamed, “MERMAIDS EXIST!” She sighed in dismay. Oh well. Suddenly she heard lots of yelling and swearing and peaked through the blinds to see what the fuss was all about. Mir was standing in his boat jumping up and down and kicking the motor of his boat. She watched him stomp off the boat and up the hill to his house where he slammed the door shut behind him. She let go of the blinds and carried on with her business. Haneul sighed to herself, if she could just find one little, solid piece of evidence to prove mermaids are real then she could live out her life happily. She needed this, to know that something so beautiful in every way was real. She needed something beautiful in this world to keep her sane.

The door creaked open and her sister Gaeul walk in, “Yah! Why are you still up?” She’s drunk, “I am going to Incheon f-first thing in the m-morning. So b-be quiet!” She stumbled out of the room and into her own. Most days Gaeul took the ferry to Incheon or her friends picked her up. Haneul would constantly wake up to notes on the counter instead of a warm breakfast. Haneul yawned wide and sent herself to bed, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

She woke up to yelling and a loud banging, “Yah! Yah! Yah! Answer the door stupid girl!”

Haneul rolled out of bed, groaning as her feet hit the floor, “Aish…what? Who’s there?”

“Who do you think is here? There are only two houses on the island…pabo.”

She opened the door and Mir chuckled at her mermaid covered pajamas.

“What do you want Mir?”

“You are a commoner…when does the ferry get here?”

Rolling her eyes she replied, “It gets here at 7 AM and doesn’t drop people back off until midnight.”

“Aish! That is way too early…I’ll have to wait.”

“Wait for what? What’s wrong with your fancy boat?” She was mocking him.

“It broke down and now I’m stuck here with nothing to do.” He smiled for the first time.

“W-well…that’s unfortunate…bye now!” She slammed the door shut and it felt like something was stuck in , like maybe her heart. She could feel a pounding in and it was almost hard to breathe.

“Wait!!” Mir had stuck his foot in the door before she could actually slam it, “Entertain me.”

“That’s not my purpose. Learn to entertain yourself,” she kicked his foot and tried to shut the door again, but this time he stepped forward and blocked her.

“I have a metal detector if you want to look for pieces of junk again.”

“It’s not junk, you jerk!” She grumbled and thought it over, “Fine, it could come in handy. But the minute you piss me off you do something by yourself!”

“Fine fine little girl.”

“And don’t call me that, I’ll meet you on the beach in 20 minutes,” she finally shut the door and walked to her room to get dressed. Twenty minutes later she was waiting on the beach for him, staring at her watching.

“Keep you waiting long?” He laughed a little, but different than before. Before it was a mean laugh, this time it sounded like bells…sweet bells. She shook her head to chase away these weird thoughts.

“Oh, no then? Okay. Here is the metal detector,” he handed over the equipment and he watched her face light up with excitement and anticipation.

Haneul flipped the on switch and began to scour the beach once again for what she’d been looking for all her life…proof. Mir walked beside her in silence and it was unnerving. He’s never quiet.

“Yah! What’re you planning evil boy?! You are too quiet.”

“Nothing. I’m just thinking, litt-I mean, Haneul.”

“Well…stop it…it’s weird.”

Mir looked at her with his bright brown eyes and smiled. She had that feeling again like her heart was in . She coughed a little but it wouldn’t go away.

“Don’t choke on that big imagination of yours Haneul. We’ve been walking for an hour now and you still haven’t found anything but can tabs and pennies,” he said as he looked in her bucket.

“Shut up…j-just a few more minutes then you can carry on with your day, your highness,” she said as she curtsied and rolled her eyes.

He began to stare at her. “What?! Why are you staring at me?!”

“You know…you could be really pretty if you’d brush your hair once in a while and give up this weird mermaid obsession. It’s not very becoming of a young la-,” he was cut off by a loud beeping from the machine Haneul was holding.

Her eyes grew wide and she handed the machine over quickly. She kneeled down to dig in the sand and find what was hidden beneath. When she reached something that felt metal, she pulled it up to her face and blew the sand off. She was holding a rustic looking medallion on a long, thick chain. On the front was an engraving of what looked like Atlantis surrounded by mermaids. Haneul fought back tears of pure happiness and turned it over. On the back was another engraving but this time it was some sort of foreign language that she couldn’t read, something she’d never seen before. She clutched it tight in her fist and jumped to her feet, “Hah hah hah hah hah hah! You thought I was stupid! Now who looks stupid?! Huh?! Huh?! Hard evidence!” She danced in a little circle and Mir watched amused.

“You going to let me see that or just push it up really close to my face and dance like an idiot girl?”

She stopped dancing to glare at him then handed it to him. He examined it and Haneul watched his expression. No smirk. No grimace. But a very serious face. He was truly interested in it.

“Omo…that’s real gold. That etching had to be done by a very talented professional. You may have the genuine thing there, but not from a mermaid. Someone probably loved mermaids too and had that made for them, then lost it on the beach. Mermaids just aren’t real. Grow up, little girl,” Mir picked up the metal detector and walked back up to his home.

Tears began to fill her eyes. She squeezed them shut and thought to herself…since when does what he says matter to you Haneul? It doesn’t. You know this is real. It’s a gut feeling. It has to be real. She wiped the tears on her sleeve and turned to go home. She spent the better part of her day examining it and wondering what’d it be like to be a mermaid (like usual).

That night she laid down to sleep and assumed Gaeul wasn’t coming home. Why should she care anyways? Gaeul obviously doesn’t care…why should she? She quickly drifted off to sleep and dreamt of being a mermaid. Swimming deep in the ocean and there was a hand in hers. But when she turned to see who it was, she woke up with that feeling. The one where her heart is in again.

“Aish. I will prove I am right today,” she climbed out of bed and dressed quickly, grabbing an apple on the way out the door.

She climbed onto some rocks and stared out at the vast ocean as she bit into her apple. She felt watched, “What do you want Mir?”

“How’d you know I was here little girl?” He laughed that cruel laugh.

“I feel creepy eyes on me when you’re around,” she turned and threw the remainder of her apple at him.

“What was that for?!” He yelled while rubbing his temple.

“B-because you are so mean to me…and condescending…and you have stupid hair,” she pouted our her lips, embarrassed at her stupid comeback and hopped off the rock to begin walking down the beach.

She walked, looking at the beach and waiting for an answer to jump out at her. Nothing did. Except a very large stick which she tripped over. She felt a hand on her arm and suddenly she was being yanked back. Mir had caught her before she could fall and now she was wrapped up in his arms.

“Yah! Let go…”

He let go of her, “Watch where you’re going stupid girl! You could’ve gotten really hurt or broke something! Be more careful, I won’t always be around!” He was so angry. Why was he so angry. Why does it seem like he actually cares if I get hurt or not?

“I’ll be more careful…stop yelling.”

Mir placed his hands on his head and shut his eyes tight, “Okay then. Look where you’re going…what is that?” He wore an awe-struck expression and was pointing at something just beyond her shoulder. She turned to see what it was. There were carvings in the sand. It looked like a map to something, somewhere in the water and next to it was more of the weird language that was engraved on the medallion she now wore around her neck. Haneul took a deep breath and her eyes were wide. Her jaw dropped and her heart sped up quickly. She spun around fast to look at Mir. His jaw had dropped too. A smile creeped across her face, she started jumping up and down with excitement.

“See they’re real! They’re sending me a message! I need to go…,” she followed the dashed line on the map with her eyes, “there!” She exclaimed when she saw the X marked on the map.

She quickly snapped a picture of the map with her camera phone and ran back down the beach to her house to get the row boat from the shed.

“Yah! Wait up!” Mir yelled from a couple steps behind her.

She stopped in front of the shed, “Wait? Why? Where do you think your going?”

“I’m coming with you,” he started yanking the doors open to the shed when Haneul pushed him back.

“Why do you think that? I don’t want you to go.”

“You don’t have a choice stupid girl! I’m not letting you row out to sea alone. What if you get lost…what if you flip the boat and drown…or…what if, if you find nothing? I don’t want you to be sad all alone out there. I am the only one who can make you sad. No one else,” he nudged her aside and went into the shed.

Haneul was frozen. She didn’t know what to think about any of this. Why does he care? What’s all this about no one else can make her cry? She felt that feeling again in , very strong this time. She started to hyperventilate. Breath after breath and she still couldn’t breathe. Mir rushed to hold her, “Breathe Haneul. Breathe,” his hands were on her cheeks and he was staring in her eyes.

She took a huge breath and took a step back. He followed, his hands fell to her shoulders, “Are you alright, dongsaeng?”

“D-dong…what did you just call me?”

He cleared his throat rather loudly and let go of her shoulders, “Little Haneul. No more choking I will pull the boat to the water. Wait there.”

Haneul stepped back next to the open door and watched Mir drag the boat to the water, “Get in.”

“Neh,” she scurried over to the boat and climbed in. Mir handed her an oar and climbed in as well, pushing off of the shore with his own oar. They rowed in silence, Haneul kept taking our her phone and comparing the picture to the lay out of what she could see.

“Haneul…if we do not find anything. Please don’t cry. Cause I’ll want to comfort you and if I move the boat will tip. So…please don’t cry.”

Haneul stared at his face but he wouldn’t look at her. That feeling kept coming and going and she just wanted it to go away.

“Every time you say something sweet I feel like my heart is in my throat, like I’m

choking on it and I can’t breathe, so stop it.”

He turned his head slowly to her and a smile appeared on his perfect lips, “R-really?”

“Well ye-,” Haneul was cut off by a loud and disruptive splash in the water right next to the boat. She slowly turned her head to see what was lurking in the water and gasped at what she saw.

She saw a woman. With fire-red hair, pale beautiful skin with a slight blue tint, she had these white-silver eyes that seemed to stare right through you and she reached out to Haneul, “I believe you have something of mine.”

Haneul clutched her chest where the medallion was concealed beneath her clothes. She could see the woman’s fish tail beneath the clear water and reached for the medallion around her neck and held it out for the mermaid to take, “Oh of course. Here you go.”

“I can not tell you how happy I am such a kind heart found this for me. I must reward you for your good deed. Would you like to become a mermaid?”

Haneul stopped breathing and her heart felt like it stopped in her chest. She started to laugh and stifled herself. A smile was painted on her bright face. She looked at Mir, he was looking out at the ocean with a clenched jaw and fists. His eyes were slightly watery. While staring at him she heard herself say, “No…thank you so much for the offer.”

Mir turned to face her and a single tear fell from his eyes before he squeezed them shut and dropped his head.

“Oh…well…I still must give you something. Here take this,” she handed her a small round object, “Place this in your mouth anytime you want to visit me. It will allow you to swim very diligently and to breathe underwater. Please be well.”

The beautiful mermaid dove under the water and disappeared. Mir finally looked up at her and shushed Haneul before she could say anything. She looked at him confused and he just shook head. They rowed back to shore in silence. When they finally reached the shore the sun was just setting. Mir jumped out of the boat and dragged it onto the beach. He walked to the other end of the boat, leaned down, placed Haneul’s hands around his neck and lifted her up out of the boat. Her legs wrapped around him, she buried her head in his neck, “I got this feeling, I couldn’t just leave you. What have you done to me?”

Mir was petting her hair when he stopped and she pulled her face back to look at him. He looked her in the eyes and forced his lips onto hers.

Mir felt Haneul sigh into his lips and he opened his mouth to brush his tongue across her lips, asking for entrance. She accepted and opened to him. Their tongues crashed and danced together in a beautiful dance. Haneul pulled away to look at Mir, “Why is this happening?”

“Maybe because I might love this stupid girl…now stop asking so many things and let yourself enjoy something for once,” he smiled wide and pushed his mouth back on hers.

They kissed passionately as the sun continued to set. He set her down on the beach on her back, his lips never traveling far from hers. His hands slid under her shirt and lifted her shirt over head. Mir kissed down her neck, over her s and down her stomach. He continued to kiss down her body and ed her shorts and slid them down along with her . He kissed farther down and began to . Haneul moaned, biting her lip. He kissed back up her stomach and kissed her on the forehead, “I knew I could make you mine Haneul,” he whispered in her ear.

She turned to kiss his cheek, he smiled with a smile to put the city lights to shame and kissed her sweetly on her lips. He sat up to pull his shirt off, revealing flawless skin and

muscle. He slid his pants off and sat staring at her.

“What Mir?”

“You really are beautiful…I’m sorry for anything I’ve done to you. I love you. I want this to be special…I want to be your first and last. Tell me if it hurts, Haneul.”

She was speechless. She thought to herself…I love you too.

Mir slid down his underwear and leaned into Haneul, she let out a shriek of pain and pleasure, “Does it hurt? Should I stop?”

“It hurts…don’t stop.”

“Are you sure? It will feel better soon.”

“I’m sure…I love you too.”

He smiled and pressed into her again, kissing her neck as he did. After a while Haneul felt less pain and more pleasure, “Harder Mir.”

He obeyed and pushed into her harder as she squealed and clawed at his back.

“Faster Mir.”

He obeyed. She grabbed his face and pressed to his again as he continued to pleasure her in ways she never thought possible. He continued following her every command and bending with her body until they were one, writhing on the beach, moving and bending with each other. Mir yelled out in satisfaction and threw his head back. He pulled out slowly and laid his head on her chest as she his hair, “Haneul I couldn’t have dreamt up a better day. Never leave me.” He rolled her over onto him and held her tight.

She felt comforted by his grip and snuggled into his chest, “I’ll never leave you.”

“And you promise to be mine forever?”

“I promise…if you can promise me the same.”

“I promise Haneul,” moments passed in silence, “Live with me.”

Haneul’s head shot up off Mir’s chest, “What?!”

“Live with me Haneul. I love everything about you and I want you to be with me everyday, please live with me. Gaeul won’t say anything, she doesn’t care like I do.” She thought for a while and the answer was so easy…live with her new-found love who desperately wanted her with him all the time or with her neglectful sister who would probably never even noticed she’d left.

“Neh. I will live with you oppa.”

“Oppa?” He kissed her again, “I love you, Haneul. Together forever.”

“I love you too, Mir. Forever and ever.”

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________

~I really hope you enjoyed it J I had fun writing with these characters and I hope the rated scene was okay, it’s my first one! Thank you so much for requesting. -ChoiDaeJi