Confessions

Writers Strike VST One shot collection

 

Title: Confessions

Requested by: jong-i

Characters: Cho Jong-I, Lee Hong Ki

One Shot Writer: sweetcandie

Author’s Note: sorry it took me so long to complete your request, but here it is! hope you enjoy it!

 

“Jong-I, why are you still here? It’s already late.” Jong-I smiled Soon Hui.

“It’s a dance academy, what else could I still be here for?” Soon Hui just smiled back in response.

“You practice too much. When will you ever take a break?”

“It’s my passion.”

“You need a boyfriend. All you ever do is practice and practice. Don’t you ever get tired?”

“Yeah, but I was always taught that if you don’t practice, how do you expect to improve? Besides, you know my issues with that topic. I don’t want to be like my parents.”

“You think too logically, Cho Jong-I. Just confess to him already.” Jong-I gasped in shock.

“Yah! Don’t say that aloud!”

“Say what?” They both turned towards the new voice that had entered.

“Yah, Hong Ki! Just in time! Well, I have to go. Catch you two later!” Soon Hui left, winking at Jong-I just before she disappeared.

“What were you two talking about?”

“Haha. Nothing, really. Just that I’ve been here too long. Well, I’m going to clean up and leave. What about you?” Hong Ki smiled at his best friend.

“I’m going to go home.” Jong-I pouted.

“You’re so mean. I said that so that you would help me.” Hong Ki laughed.

“Yah! I’m not your servant!”

“No, but you are my best friend, and best friends help each other out.” Jong-I stuck her tongue out at him and turned to start cleaning so she could be back home in time for dinner. Hong Ki just watched as Jong-I walked away. He couldn’t help but smile as he rushed to catch up with her. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they walked to the rehearsal room.

“You know I was just joking, right?” Jong-I laughed.

“Hong Ki, I’ve known you for over 10 years now. I knew you weren’t going to refuse helping me.”

“You are a cruel person.”

“And that is why you are friends with me.” Just at that moment, a group of girls approached them.

“Yah! Cho Jong-I!” Jong-I immediately froze.

“First you steal my prize at the Stars Academy Concert, and now you’re going to try and steal my man!” Before Jong-I could reply, Hong Ki had already stepped in front of her.

“Hana, what are you still doing here?”

“Hong Ki oppa, why are you always with her?! I’m prettier and better!”

“Hana, if that were so, wouldn’t I still be with you? Besides, we broke up 6 months ago, would you just let it go?”

“Oppa, you know that I like you a lot.”

“Then you shouldn’t have been making out with Hyun Soo.”

“Oppa! You know that that kiss didn’t mean anything.”

“So he’s the reason why you still keep refusing me, huh?” The new voice startled everyone.

“Hyun Soo shi… it’s not that…” Hyun Soo was joined by another four students. Before anything could get worst, Hong Ki grabbed Jong-I’s hand and they ran down the halls.

“Yah! Lee Hong Ki!”

“Oppa!” They ignored the calls coming from behind them as they dashed around curves.

“There’s the elevator. Let’s hurry before they see us.”

“Wouldn’t it be safer to take the stairs? The elevators here haven’t been actually useful.”

“We don’t have a choice. It’s the only place we can hide. If we head for the exit, someone will be there waiting, knowing how Hyun Soo is.”

“You four go wait by the exit. If I catch that bastard, I want to kill him myself.” Hana grabbed Hyun Soo’s arm.

“if you hurt Hong Ki oppa, I will never forgive you!” Hyun Soo pushed Hana away.

“I don’t care about you. I only want Jong-I.”

“Jong… Jong-I?”

“Of course. She’s innocent and hasn’t been around, unlike you, whose had her share of plenty of men. I want something fresh.”

“Yah! Kim Hyun Soo!” Hyun Soo ignored the cries of Hana as he went in search of his prey.

Hong Ki froze as he heard footsteps approaching them.

“Hurry!” They quickly dashed for the elevator.

Hyun Soo turned his head towards the running feet. He evilly smiled as he dashed down that direction.

[You’re mine, Lee Hong Ki. You’ve had all the girls I wanted. This time, Jong-I will be mine.] He turned the corner of the hall, but became frustrated as he realized that he had once again lost them.

The elevator doors closed just as Hong Ki saw Hyun Soo turn the corner. They pressed the down button and leaned against the wall for support. They both slid down and sat on the floor.

“I had no idea that your ex-girlfriend was psychotic.”

“I had no idea that Hyun Soo was your stalker.” They both looked at each other. A moment passed before they burst out laughing. They both held their tummies from the pain of laughing as they calmed down.

“I’m glad I’m leaving this old academy next week.”

“Me too. It’s a good thing we got offered record deals. At least we’ll be given more protection. Jong-I just smiled.

“I don’t know. I kind of like being protected by you.” Hong Ki laughed.

“So should I cancel my contract and come be your permanent bodyguard?” Jong-I laughed at the suggestion.

“Yes!” She leaned her head against Hong Ki’s shoulder.

“I’m just joking. I can’t hang onto you forever.”

“I don’t know about that. We’re very close to being together forever.” Jong-I smiled.

“What would I do without you, my best friend.” All of a sudden, the elevator jerked and the lights flickered. When it stopped they both stood up. Hong Ki reached over and pressed the emergency button.

“Damn it! The button’s not working.”

“Do you have your cell phone on you?” Hong Ki reached in his pocket. Upon feeling his phone, he released a relieved sigh and pulled it out. He called the school office.

“Okay, we’ll try to get you both out of there as soon as possible. However, as it is late, it may take awhile.”

“How long?”

“I can’t give you an estimate.”

“It’s okay. We’ll wait. Thank you.” Hong Ki hung up.

“So?”

“Looks like we’ll be in here for awhile.”

“It’s okay. We can talk. We haven’t actually seen each other for awhile.” Hong Ki just put on a smile, but he knew the consequences. Being stuck in an elevator with the girl that he had liked for so long was like hell.

Jong-I spoke first.

“So, out of curiosity, what is up with you and Hana?” Hong Ki just laughed Jong-I’s direct question.

“Of course you would ask that.”

“Why not? After you started dating her, you kind of just pushed me, your best friend, aside.” At that accusation, Hong Ki immediately stopped laughing. He cleared his throat.

“Well, as you can see… we broke up.” Jong-I playfully punched Hong Ki.

“I want to know why.”

“Araso. I found out she had depression and was suicidal. As much as I had loved her, I couldn’t stay with her because I knew my love would only last for so long. And I was right.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Just… something…”

“Aigoo, hiding your secrets again. Yah, aren’t I your best friend?”

“Yes, you are. But still… I’d like to keep some secrets to myself.” Jong-I just smiled.

“Fine.”

“So, what’s with you and Hyun Soo?”

“We kinda, sorta, almost became a couple. But I found out that he was only going to use me to get at you, so I just stopped talking to him.”

“It sure looks like he would’ve liked to be your boyfriend.” Jong-I smiled.

“I was only going to use him too, anyway. It’s just that I realized that it wasn’t the right thing.”

“Use him for what?”

“Just… something…” Hong Ki laughed.

“Was there a guy that you liked when you were thinking all of this?”

“Isn’t that the only reason why I would have the purpose of using anyone?”

“Right. So who was the guy that you so wanted to get jealous?”

“Someone…”

“Yah! Best friends don’t keep secrets!”

“Why can’t I have some secrets to myself?”

“Because…”

“Aigoo… always the unfair one. If I tell you though, it could change everything between us.”

“How?”

“Because you’re the guy.” There was a long silence between them. Feeling the awkwardness, Jong-I stood up.

“Ah, my legs. They’ve fallen asleep.” She lightly massaged her legs so that she could stand properly. At the same time, Hong Ki stood up.

“Really?”

“What?”

“You like me?”

“Aigoo. You’re such an idiot. It seemed like everyone knew but you. It’s always obvious to those you don’t want to know, and the one you do want to know never sees it.”

“So I’m the guy that you like?”

“How many times am I going to have to repeat it? Yes, you’re the guy that I like. Ever since we met I knew that you were going to be the one. But when you started dating Hana, I gave up on that dream, calling it childish. And I still think it’s childish today. So let’s just drop the subject. It makes me feel awkward.”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because I like you.” Jong-I stared at Hong Ki in disbelief.

“Are you joking right now so that I don’t feel bad?” Hong Ki smiled as he walked closer to Jong-I.

“No, I’m not joking.” He leaned down and pecked her on the lips.

“I’m just sorry that it took me so long to see the same dream that you have.” They looked each other in the eye for quite some time before Jong-I leaned up to kiss him. Hong Ki gathered her to him and their passion increased. Hong Ki pushed her up against the wall, both using their hands to wander the other’s body. Their tongues battled with each other as they kissed. Hong Ki’s hand found its way up Jong-I’s shirt. Things were getting steamy.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

“Yah! Are you two okay?!” The two of them immediately stopped. Hong Ki set Jong-I on the floor as the two of them tried to calm their breathing down. Hong Ki spoke as if nothing had happened. Jong-I, on the other hand, was shaking all over.

“Yes. Are you here to get us out?”

“Yes! Aigoo, young children these days. Don’t you know that this elevator doesn’t work.”

“Yes, but we were faced with circumstances that forced us in here.”

“Is that so? Well, it won’t be long before we get you two out. There are two of you, right?”

“Yes. But my friend is still a bit shaken from being stuck in here. She’s claustrophobic.” Jong-I tried to contain her laughter from Hong Ki’s excuse. She cleared and tried to sound shaken.

“Y-yes… mianhe!”

“No worries! We’ll get you out of here soon.” Hong Ki tried to contain his laughter now.

“Okay. Thank you!” Hong Ki reached over and grabbed Jong-I’s hand. He leaned down to whisper in her ear.

“We’ll pick up where we left off later.”

“Yah! Is that all you can think about in this situation?!”

“I’m a man, what do you expect.” Jong-I tried to push Hong Ki away, but he just pulled her closer.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For continuing to love me for so long.”

“Who said I loved you?”

“How can you kiss me like that, and then say you don’t love me.”

“I’m a woman, what do you expect?” They both smiled at each other.

It took the workers 15 minutes before they were able to get Hong Ki and Jong I out.

“Thank you very much, sir.”

“No problem. My daughter Hana came and got me.”

“Hana-shi?”

“Yes. Do you know her?”

“Yes. She’s my… our friend. Where is she now?”

“She must’ve been very scared for the two of you because she came running home, tears rolling down her cheeks, saying that you two were in danger.”

“Is that so? Will you thank her for us? I’d like to take my girlfriend home now.”

“Yes. Be careful now.”

“Yes. Thank you very much, sir.” Hong Ki and Jong-I walked out the door.

“Who said I would be your girlfriend?”

“Let me clarify it then. The moment you confessed your feelings, you became my girlfriend. The moment you became my girlfriend was the moment you loved me. You’re pretty good in math, so this equation should be easy to understand.” Jong-I laughed.

“Your logic makes no sense, but I like it. And what about you, huh?”

“There’s nothing more to add. I love you all the same, although I’d have to say probably ten times more.”

“Aigoo, you’re so childish. Are you taking me home?”

“Yes, but I hope you don’t mind that I had your things moved today to your new home.”

“New things?”

“You’re going to live with me.”

“When did you decide this?”

“Just now.”

“And my things?”

“Well, they’re not at my place yet, but tomorrow.”

“You’re so annoying. Take me home before my foster parents get worried.”

“You know that they don’t care much for you. Besides, I said we had to finish what we started.”

“You!”

Hong Ki pushed the door open and pulled Jong-I in with him.

“Yah, I don’t feel like it anymore!” Hong Ki kissed Jong-I with all his passion. When he pulled away, he leaned his forehead on hers as he looked down at her.

“Now you do.” Jong-I laughed.

“I’ll forever hate that elevator.”