Noona? Me?

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

A few minutes later I felt a tap on my shoulder. I peeked up and saw a mint haired man smiling down at me. I looked at him for a moment and then dropped my head again. I heard laughter and then the sound of movement behind me, but I still didn't raise my head, until I heard my name. "Nikky-noona..."

I took a deep breath and sat up, turning in my seat to look behind me. There was Top, sitting in the same spot he had been before, only no models surrounded him this time. He crooked a finger at me, beckoning me closer, but I was having none of that. I raised an eyebrow at him and stayed where I was. It wasn't that I was upset about the kiss. I had done theater in college and had kissed plenty of people before. Not that I was kissing people left and right, but I had had a few boyfriends. No, I was upset because I wondered if I was being used. I deserved an explanation... even if the kiss was enjoyable.

I saw the characteristic smirk appear on his face and he, in turn, raised an eyebrow at me. We sat like that for a good minute or two, neither of us moving until finally he laughed and scooted across the seats until he was sitting directly behind me. He leaned over until he could walk in a normal voice, which required him to talk directly into my ear. "I'm sorry." I pulled away and looked at him, my eyebrow still raised and a slight glare in my eyes. He just smiled and leaned towards me again. "You were the only girl who didn't raise her hand. I was afraid of anyone else. They might have thought it meant something. Or tried to make it more than a kiss." I heard the relief in his voice, mixed with a tiny bit of fear when he talked about kissing another girl. I left out a sigh and, with it, all of my anger. He hadn't wanted to kiss anyone, but as an idol he had to appease the crowd. And I suppose it was better that it was me, someone he knew at least a little, rather than a stranger.

I nodded and turned to him, a small smile on my face before I leaned in so I could talk into his ear. "Well, when you put it that way... I'm glad I could help." I moved back and smiled at him again, which he returned. It was at that moment that Hae Jung's phone rang. I turned towards her, realizing that I didn't know what the time was. I was about to ask when she held up her finger, the phone to her ear. She smiled and said a quick sentence, then hung up again. She turned to me and grinned then turned to Top and started speaking in Korean. Man, this could get old fast.

It was then that I felt a tug at my heart. No, it wouldn't get old fast. The night was almost over. After rounding up the boys, I would have to say goodbye to them. I had only first met Daesung and Top that morning, and had really only spent a few hours with them, but they were very amazing people. I sighed as I thought about it. They really were just normal guys, and yet the only friends they had were each other, their managers, and Cho Hee and Hae Jung-unnis, though whether they actually considered the noonas and managers friends was debatable.

I was brought out of my revelry by Hae Jung's hand on my shoulder. I looked around and saw that Top had disappeared, and when I turned to Hae Jung she pointed to the door leading to the patio. "Go!" She yelled at me with a smile. I looked at her, puzzled, but she simply made a shooing gesture with her hands and repeated "Go! Go!" at me. I stood up and headed to the outside door, Hae Jung following close behind, and was surprised to see all five of the guys outside when we got there.

I smiled at them as we walked out and was happy to hear a "Nikky-noona!" from Daesung and Seungri greet me. "Hey guys, having fun?"

They all nodded and grinned, but remained silent. I stopped in front of them and noticed that GD seemed to be prodding the two youngest forward. They looked at each other, then at Hae Jung, and finally back at their hyungs before saying a few words in Korean. GD and Hae Jung both nodded at them and the boy's smiles grew. It was Daesung who spoke first. "Nikky-noona... Do you like us?"

I couldn't stop a laugh from escaping at that. "Do I... what?"

"Like us," Seungri replied. "Hanging out with us and stuff..." I could see the hope in both of their eyes and couldn't help but smile at them. They looked like little boys trying to convince someone to give them a sweety or something!

"Of course, Seungri! Even though I just met you guys... you all are just amazing." I made sure to look at all five members at that time, smiling at each of them. If this was the last time I was able to do this, I wanted to make sure they knew that I thought of each of them.

"Good!" Daesung replied. "Well... We have a favor to ask you." I took a deep breath then. Favors never ended well. But before I could say anything, Hae Jung spoke up.

"You remember that job I was telling you about?" I shook, trying not to look too puzzled. "Well, we are trying to find another noona to help with the tour." I felt the light bulb click in my head. That's right, she mentioned it before the concert.

"An American noona, right?" I asked.

She nodded and continued. "Someone who the boys like, who will help look out for them and have their best interest at heart. Someone who is American, and preferably does not speak any Korean. And someone who I know I can trust." I nodded, still confused, but she smiled at me. "How would you like a job?"

"A wh-" I stuttered and looked at the five boys, each smiling at me in their own way. "A what?"

"Pleeease, Nikky-noona~~" Seungri asked, holding his hands in front of him and trying to make puppies eyes at me.

"It would only be for the course of the American tour," Hae Jung said.

At that point Daesung took up the same pose as Seungri, only he dropped to his knees and made the most adorable face ever. "Pretty please, noonaaa~~~"

"Daesung actually suggested it before the show today," Hae Jung continued. "We did some checking while the show was going on, and sent all of the information to YG to approve. He said you could start tomorrow." She smiled at me, but I could not smile back due to still being in shock.

"Everything happens for a reason, right?" This time it was GD who spoke. I looked at him and he smiled and suddenly, I realized he was right. When in my whole life would another opportunity like this present itself? All of the pieces falling into place in just the right order to let something as amazing as this happen. I guess the resignation was starting to show on my face because Hae Jung spoke up again.

"If you want, we will start just with the trip to New York for a few days, and you can decide from there."

I looked at her and took a deep breath, ready to agree when Daesung and Seungri both let out a "Pleeeaasseeee, Nikky-noonaaaa~" I turned towards them and laughed. Before I could officially say yes they had jumped up and were hugging me. I knew they both were in their twenties, but sometimes it seemed that they acted like they were five. Which was adorable, of course.

Hae Jung just nodded and smiled. "Good. Then we will take you home now, since it is time for curfew." She started to head towards the door then stopped and turned. "You can start tomorrow. Call is at 4, okay?" I just nodded at her, afraid that speaking would cause me to wake up and find this all to be a dream. She smiled again. "Good."

We followed her out of the club and waited as she called the vans to come meet us. Daesung, Seungri, and even GD could not stop telling me about the plans for New York. When there was a slight break, Taeyang spoke up. "Nikky-ssi, would you be alright doing the Only look at me part again tomorrow?"

"Oh, well... sure. I don't see why not," I replied. Truthfully, I was still in shock and if I had been thinking clearly I would have remembered how terrified I had been up on stage. Instead all I could remember was the happy feeling afterwards.

"Good," was all he said.

Just as the vans were pulling up, I started shivering. It was late in the year, and I was a little surprised that it took me that long to notice the cold. I decided not to say anything about it, since the vans were just pulling up, but before they had even stopped a coat was placed over my shoulders. I turned to see Top standing next to me, and I realized it was his jacket. I looked up at him, but he just glanced at me, smiled a little, then turned back to the van. I smiled and glanced at the ground, blushing slightly. Even though Top was the oldest, he seemed to be the most shy with girls. Or maybe it was just around me.

As the boys piled into the van, I realized that it was only the one van. Wait, how was I going to get home? I looked around for the other van before GD stuck his head out of the passenger window. "Hae Jung asked for us to take you home. Get in," said, smirking at me. Of course... sitting in the van with all five Big Bang members. That wouldn't be awkward at all. Then again, if I was going to be one of the noonas, I figured I had better get over that soon. So taking a deep breath, I put on a smile and climbed into the van, happy to see that Top, Seungri, and Daesung were in the back, leaving me and Taeyang each with a seat.

The manager who was driving asked me for my address and soon we were heading there, GPS leading the way. It was only when we were almost there that I realized I didn't really want them to see my apartment, even the outside. It was dark, old, and cheap. I shook my head. No, it didn't matter. They wouldn't judge me on something like that, right?

When we drove up, I waited for the comments, but not a single word was said concerning the building or the complex. I smiled when the van pulled up in front of my apartment, realizing that the boys were better behaved then I gave them credit for. In fact, when I got out they all got out as well. Daesung and Seungri each gave me a hug while the others and I exchanged bows.

As they were piling in, Daesung turned to me. "Don't forget, Noona. 4pm!" I nodded and waved as the door closed behind him and the van pulled away. I climbed the stairs to my apartment and, bleary eyed, opened the door. Truth be told, I don't even remember making it to my bedroom, but before long I was there, fast asleep. Hoping against hope that when I woke up in the morning I wouldn't find that it had all been a dream.