Meeting the maker

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

As we rode to the concert venue, I went over with Cho Hee what my exact "job" was going to be. Just to make sure. Apparently I was to help her during the concert, and then Hae Jung the rest of the time. Helping Hae Jung meant helping corral the boys around, getting them where they needed to be on time, keeping track of them, speaking to them only in English to help expand their vocabulary, and "showing them around", which apparently meant I was to accompany them when they roamed around New York, since they weren't allowed to go alone and having a two women and girl about their age around was less conspicuous, and awkward, than just having two older women around. Since they seemed to like me, I was to go with them when they didn't want the noona's around, and then try and keep them in line. Just like dealing with all of my younger guy friends. Only these guys were Korean... and famous.

When we finally got to the concert, the sound check was just about to start. "Noona!" I looked over to see all five boys looking at me, with Daesung and Seungri waving like idiots, Taeyang giving me a half wave, GD a salute, and... well nothing really from Top, except a smile and a nod. I hurried over to them. As nervous as I had been getting out of the car five minutes ago, I was just that excited now. Seeing these guys reminded me why I agreed to this job in the first place. They really were just normal guys, albeit a little hyper at times, and a bit of a handful, but normal and sweet guys.

"Hey guys!" I said as I got over to them, smiling.

"Nikky-noona," GD said once I got closer, "did you cut your hair?" I smiled a little but managed to look at him shocked. How in the world had he noticed?

"Oh, um... yes. Cho Hee-unni took me to get it and my nails done." I looked down at the high heels unni had put me in and realized that the red polish showed.

Seungri had apparently looked down too, because he commented, "Ahh... red. Good color for Nikky-noona!"

I turned to say something to him, probably a bit of a smart remark, but Taeyang spoke up first. "I'm glad you are here. We need to practice the choreography for Only Look at Me." He looked up at the stage then back at me. "They're fixing the microphones, so we have 15 minutes. Will that be enough?"

I nodded. "Yes, so long as you aren't planning on throwing any curve balls at me," I said with a smile.

He grinned and shook his head. "I liked the way it worked yesterday. How about you guys?" He turned to the others and they all nodded. "Good. Then let's take it from the top."

15 minutes later, and I was released. Into the waiting clutches of Cho Hee. "Come, hurry. Hae Jung says to make you ready. Before the boys."

"But unni, isn't there time after they go on-"

"No, no no. No time." Goodness, was there ever any spare time with this woman? Rush rush rush rush... "You wear those shoes," she said, pointing to the ones I was currently wearing. "I have rest of outfit ready."

And once again fun Cho Hee turned into drill sergeant Cho Hee. Unlike the salon/ spa earlier, this Cho Hee did not mince words. Simply telling me to turn, close my eyes, look this or that way, until finally she told me I was done and gave me some clothes. Just like the previous night, I looked almost nothing like myself, especially once I had the clothes on. Skinny jeans? Tight red tank... and a black jacket. Oh, and the high heels. I felt... y, but it definitely wasn't something I would normally wear. As I was struggling to put the high heels back on, Hae Jung came into the room. She held a quick conference with Cho Hee, and then left. I had just enough time to think 'You know... I kinda want to keep this outfit' before Cho Hee was heading out of the room. "Nikky-ah, let's go. Time for boys."

"Ah, coming!" I said, trying my hardest to keep up with her. Now I was glad that I had practiced the dance with the boys while wearing these shoes. Otherwise later on might be... difficult.

We reached the room the boys were in and when I walked in Seungri made a comment while GD simply let out what sounded midway between a growl and a purr. Of course.

"Ohhh, Nikky-noona... I told you. Red is good." I glared at them both.

I went and sat down on the couch while Cho Hee went and started pulling random clothes from the rack. Sometimes letting them fall and sometimes tossing them at one of her assistants. The boys went to go sit at their spots, but not before Top came over to me.

"Here," he said, handing me a little black pouch. I looked up at him, then back down at it and opened it slowly. Inside were three rings, much simpler than the ones he usually wore. "You can use them. For tonight." And with that he walked over to his station.

I just stared after him for a moment before I smiled. "Thank you," I said, though whether he heard me or not I had no idea. He didn't respond as far as I could tell. Just then, there were five quick knocks on the dressing room door. Cho Hee, who had moved from the clothes rack to GD, trying to help with his hair, stopped. Three more quick knocks followed, then silence.

"Nikky-ah?" I turned to her.

"Yes?"

"Get those clothes," she said, pointing to the rack. "Hang them back." And then she was back to GD's hair. Drill Sergeant Unni... that was my new name for her. But I just smiled and shook my head before getting up and heading over to the rack.

While in the process of hanging things back up, the door opened and I saw all five boys, as well as all of the assistants, stop what they were doing and turn towards the door, bowing and greeting someone. I turned as well to see an older man there. He looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't remember where from. He looked at me, and I looked at him before I bowed as well. Suddenly, Taeyang was at my elbow. "That is YG," he said. My eyes grew wide and I bowed once again.

"Sorry, sir," I said, bowing once more. "It is a pleasure to meet you." I heard Taeyang speak Korean next to me, and when I looked at him he just smiled and nodded back at YG. I turned to see him staring at me.

"Ah. So. You are the girl Hae Jung-ssi wants to bring on as the new noona?" Taeyang translated and I nodded.

"Yes, sir."

"I see. Hm. We shall see." And with that he turned around to leave. I heard him speak to Cho Hee as he left. "She is not beautiful, but not as bad as I thought." This, of course, was not translated to me.  Everyone bowed as he left, including myself, but the talking did not start back up until the door was completely closed.

Cho Hee turned to me and smiled. "Not bad. Went okay, yes?"

Seungri, on the other hand, was not quite as enthusiastic about YG's visit. "Hyuungs! What are we going to do? Perform with nikky? What if he gets angry-"

GD cut him off. "Calm down, maknae," he said, throwing an arm around the younger boy's shoulder.

"Don't worry. He'll like it," Taeyang assured him. Of course, I was completely oblivious to this. I saw a hand wave in my face, but ignored it, simply staring at the door. I had just met the head of the company that created Big Bang. What... How... The hand, which belonged to Top, waved once more before it was replaced with a blonde head. I snapped out of it and looked at Daesung, who just smiled and then gave me a hug. Hae Jung took that moment to walk through the door.

"Nikky!"

"Ah, yes?!" I said, jumping away from Daesung's hug.

"Cho Hee-unni needs you to finish picking up those clothes."

"Oh, right, yes!" I said. Right, there was still work to do. My job. My job that was taking me to New York with Big Bang. If YG decided to let me stay after seeing me get on stage with the boys, that is.