Club + Big Bang + Nikky's brain = mush

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

Ugh.... I pulled the covers over my face as I felt the sun hitting it. I was so not ready to wake up. I had had the most wonderful dream where I got to meet Daesung and Top and Seungri and GD and Taeyang and went backstage at their concert. Ugh. Best. Dream. EVAR!!! And now the stupid sun was waking me up. Which meant I had to get up and go to work. Wait... I shot up in bed and looked at the clock. 10am? It was already 10?!?! Holy crap, I was supposed to be at work by 7:30! I pushed off the covers and started to jump out of bed when I saw it. First: hanging on the door to my closet was a black dress. One I knew I had never bought, but had only seen in my dream. And second: a black jacket was hanging on the back of my desk chair. I stared at it as I crawled across my bed towards it, finally reaching out and picking it up. No. Way. My brain froze, the words NO WAY on repeat. Finally, I dropped the jacket as though it was on fire.

It hadn't been a dream? The whole thing was real?! A grin just about split my face in half as I jumped up and started jumping on my bed, screaming at the top of my lungs. "IT WAS REAL IT WAS REAL OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! YEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!" It wasn't until I heard my neighbor banging on the wall that I stopped and fell onto my back on bed, feeling the happiest I had in a very, very long time. Of course, then I bolted upright again. Holy crap, I had agreed to go to New York for a week. What about work? My friends? My parents. I cringed. My father... None of them had ever really understood my love of K-pop. They hadn't harassed me about it or anything, but they didn't understand it and basically just ignored it. I hadn't even told any of them I was going to the concert last night. My friends had tried to make plans with me, but I had used the lame excuse of "I haven't been sleeping well... so I'm just gonna stay in this Friday night." Which they had believed... kinda sad actually.

And now, I was going to take off for a week. With 5 boys I had just met. And a band to boot. The worst part? The fact that I was considering not telling them. First off, they probably wouldn't believe me. I didn't believe me. But there it was. Second, they probably would try and talk me out of it. And what was I always saying? Everything happens for a reason. Oh, and GBOGH- Go Big Or Go Home. So, not going on this trip went against the way I had been trying to live my life for the past year.

Well, I had the vacation time, so, after hurriedly getting onto my laptop, an email took care of work for the next week. As for my parents, while I used to talk to them all the time, they were used to me going a few days without speaking to them. So I could just deal with them when they called me up later. Friends... well that was a different thing. I couldn't use a family emergency, they'd suspect that. But maybe a business trip? I worked for a company that had branches in China, Korea, and Europe, and I had talked a few times about wanting to go to other facilities for a business trip. Was I friends with any of my co-workers on facebook? I quickly thought through my friends. No, none of my friends were coworkers. I hated lying about something as big as this but... I took a deep breath and quickly wrote the status update. "Hey guys! SOOO Excited! Just got a call that they need me to go to the facility in CHINA!! As in... leaving today 0.o HOLY CRAP SO MUCH TO DO! I love you all and I'll talk to you on the flip side ^_^"

Then I quickly sent a text to my closest friends, feeling a little bad, and a text to my parents, might as well include them in the lie as well, and then... I was free! I glanced at the clock and it said 10:45. I had to be at the sound stage at 4, which meant I had 4 1/2 hours till I needed to leave. But I didn't want to wait that long! Ugh. What to do?

Well, first thing first: shower. 30 minutes later, I was done with one of the longest showers of my life. I glanced at the clock and sighed. Next up: packing. After going through my entire closet, I had approximately half a duffle bag worth of clothes that could be considered worthy of a trip to New York. I looked at the clock again. 11:30. I put a grim smile on my face as I realized what I would have to do. I, Nikky, would have to go shopping. One of my least favorite activities in the entire world. Why? Well, I am a rather curvy girl. Not large, just curvy. I wear a size 12/14 pants, which is just large enough to be considered large, but not large enough to be considered extra large. I mean, I'm 5'7", I only weight 150 lbs, I'm not over weight or anything. I just have... curves. Which meant shopping . I could never find any pants that fit. Tops always fit funny. Ugh. I was lucky if I could find just one decent outfit when I went to the mall. But it looked like I would just have to it up and head to the mall. Greeeat. The mall on a Saturday. I let out a sigh and gathered my bag, purse, phone, the dress from the night before, and Top's jacket.

I was just about to head out the door when it hit me and I stopped in my tracks. I had gotten a ride home from Big Bang. That was exciting, yes. But... my car. I drove it to the concert last night. That meant it was still there. Aw man...

I plopped down on my couch and let out a cry of frustration. I grabbed Top's jacket without thinking and screamed into it. Why?!?! But wait. I stopped and replayed through the night. Yes!! I lunged at my purse across the room and dug through it until... AHA! I pulled out a business card that was all in Korean, but I remembered. Hae Jung had given this to me before we even made it to the club and I had completely forgotten about it. Well, she hadn't exactly given it to me, more like she had slipped it into my purse while I was thinking and she was talking on the phone. I had figured it was in case something happened at the club, but once we got there the event had completely slipped my mind. It was a Korean number, which made my heart hurt with how much it would cost, but then I noticed raised marks. Almost as though... turning it over I saw another number, this time an American number. I shook my head as I started dialing it. Man, this whole thing was making me feel like I was in a K-drama or something. Everything just seemed to be falling into place no matter-

"Yaboseyo?" I paused. Did I have the right number? "Yabaseyo?"

"Umm... Hae Jung-unni? It's Nikky. I-"

"Ah! Nikky-ah!" I heard Hae Jung speaking to someone in the background for a moment. "How are you?"

"Oh. I'm fine, thanks!" I heard more Korean in the background followed by what sounded like Hae Jung shushing someone. "So, I kind of have a problem."

"Oh no. What is wrong?"

"Well..." I took a deep breath before continuing. "I left my car at the concert venue last night and I have no way to get it and I need to go do a few things before this afternoon so-"

I was cut off by a laugh. "Do not worry, do not worry! Uh.." Once again, I heard Hae Jung speaking to someone in Korean. And once again, I wish I had learned at least a little when I had the chance. "Cho Hee-ah will come and get you, okay?"

Cho Hee? But why couldn't Hae Jung come get me? Or... why hadn't I just called a cab? Crap, my brain really was mush this morning apparently. "Oh, actually unni, I forgot. I can just get a taxi to-"

"No, no, no! Cho Hee is already leaving. She wants to have some girl time. I cannot because of the boys. She will be there soon, okay?"

"Well, I-"

"Good! I have to go, the boys are complaining again. See you later!" And with that the phone went dead. Cho Hee. She was nice, she really was. But she terrified me, just a tiny bit. She was very brisk in what she did. Nice, but no nonsense when she was working. And now she wanted girl time? I felt chilled to the bone, having experienced girl time in the past with my sisters. But Hae Jung had already hung up, and if Cho Hee was already on the way, what could I do? Oy... vey...