Quiet Evening with the Boys

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

Everyone was supposed to eat dinner on their own that night since we had free time until it was time to go to the club. I had walked back with the unnies, unconsciously- okay maybe consciously- avoiding the boys just in case they wanted to talk about what had happened. I still felt embarrassed and even if Jiyong forgave me, I was a little worried. If my unnies noticed, they were sweet enough that they didn't mention anything. Instead, we got back to the hotel and made it all the way to the room before they told me about their evening plans.

 

"You can order room service," Hae Jung told me as she and Cho Hee finished putting on their make-up. Apparently, they were going out with the managers and the choreographer before coming back to go with everyone to the club. Some sort of tradition they had that they did at every city. And while they wanted to invite me, they had made the reservation a week ago, before I had joined up with them. I assured them I would find something to do about food, at which point they started with their numerous, numerous suggestions.

 

"Delivery," Cho Hee said as she stood in front of the mirror, trying to decide on a pair of earrings.

 

"Or there is a corner store."

 

"Chinese delivery."

 

"A deli is right across the street."

 

"Oh! Pizza delivery!" Cho Hee chimed in with a smile.

 

I grinned as I shook my head. "I think room service will be enough for me." I grabbed the menu and saw Hae Jung looking at me out of the corner of her eye, a concerned expression written on her face. I glanced up and smiled at her. "If we are going out to a club, a nice quiet dinner at the hotel sounds good." She continued to look at me oddly, but a knock at the door signaled that she no longer had time to worry. I just waved a hand in her direction as Cho Hee grabbed her arm and started pulling her towards the door. "Go, unnie, I'll be fine." She gave me her own signature noona-stare, so I continued on with a quick "I promise."

 

"Fine, fine," she finally consented. "We will be back at 10. Make sure the boys know to be ready by 10:30, okay?" I nodded and flapped my hand at her again, smiling. Finally the door shut and I let out a sigh of relief. I hadn't been lying when I said a quiet dinner in would be amazing. Dinner, a movie, and maybe I would even get out my old phone and text with a few people. I hadn't talked to my friends in a few days except via email. I wasn't starting to miss them quiet yet, but if I was going to be going home soon, I should probably make plans or something. I looked out the window and sighed. I didn't want to think about going back. Not yet. What I needed was something to cheer myself up! I turned to the TV and had just finished flipping through the numerous movie channels when I heard a knock on the door. Groaning, I got up and opened it, figuring Hae Jung or Cho Hee had forgotten something. "Unnie, wha-"

 

"Surprise!" I just stared out the door. Nope. Not happening. I started to close it, but a hand reached out and pushed it open, and no matter how hard I pushed, it wouldn't budge. I let out a groan as I stopped pushing and leaned against the door, just starring at the smiles in front of me. "Aw, noona, let us in!" I glared at the pouting maknae who was holding the door open while fluttering his eyelashes at me.

 

"We bring food!" I turned my glare to the second youngest who was peeking out from behind a bag of chips he was holding in front of himself like a shield.

 

"And drinks." That came from the eldest who was holding a plastic bag with what looked like 2 liter bottles in it in one hand and helping the maknae hold open the door with the other.

 

"And everyone likes pizza," this came from none other than the leader extraordinaire himself as he held out two boxes of pizza.

 

"Guys..." I hadn't even finished when the final straw was thrown.

 

"Please?" Taeyang ducked under Top's arm, holding a box of something sweet smelling from the bakery. I looked from his smiling face to Daesung's and Seungri's, and I finally sighed, admitting defeat.

 

"Fine, come in," I let the door open and shuffled into the living room area of the suite only to have the boys rush in behind me and pass me before settling down in front of the TV, strewing their goodies on the coffee table. "Isn't all of this stuff bad for you?" I asked as I sat on the couch while the boys all sat on the floor around the table o' dinner. The shocked expressions I received made me pause. "Or... something?"

 

Seungri just shook his head as he grabbed a slice of pizza and sat next to me on the couch. "No no no. We eat junk food sometimes. Not a lot."

 

"And Jiyong-ah wanted to make it up to you," Taeyang said as he poured a glass of sprite and offered it to me. I smiled at him as I took it and he poured another for himself.

 

"Youngbae-ya~a," GD whined while pouting at his grinning friend.

 

"It is true," was the only response that he got from the grinning Taeyang. GD sighed before finally sent me a small apologetic smile and a shrug. I just grinned back before he turned to the TV and started to flip through channels.

 

"And Cho Hee-noona say you alone," Daesung said as he grabbed a small slice of pizza and sat on my other side. "We did not want you to eat alone." He smiled at me as he bit into his pizza, and I couldn't help but grin. These boys... How could I say no? I had been afraid that they would be upset or make a big deal out of what had happened before, but I should have realized that was silly. I wondered if they knew about the apologies Jiyong and I had exchanged, however the pizza I had just taken a bite of kept me from asking. But from the way they were joking around, switching between Korean and English, I was guessing apologies had been given all around and they knew the whole story. Saved me from having to say anything, which was nice.

 

When we were finally settled on a movie, a comedy with English subtitles- though I honestly don't know how much good those subtitles did the boys- I had already eaten two slices of pizza and was starting to feel sleepy despite the sugary soda. I looked around and smiled sleepily. Daesung was on the couch on my right with Top on the floor next to him, leaning against his leg. Seungri was on my left, GD next to him with Taeyang on the floor between their knees. They all looked like regular college boys at that moment, and it was so adorable. Wearing sweats and t-shirts, hair messy or covered with a beanie like Taeyang and GD, munching on chips and pizza and drinking soda? This right here. This was what I had always wanted to do with these boys. Hang out and have fun, like regular young adults our age. As sad as it was to think about it, I was glad I was getting the opportunity before the week was up.

 

As the movie went on, I felt my head start to bob and I couldn't stop a yawn. "Noona, you sleepy?" Daesung asked, and I nodded, smiling a little.

 

"Yeah, a tiny bit."


"Well, what time are the noonas getting back?" Taeyang turned and looked up at me from his spot on the floor as he spoke, a potato chip halfway to his mouth.

 

"Um..." I stopped to stiffle a small yawn. "They said we have to be ready to leave for the club by 10:30."

 

"We have almost two hours," GD cut in. "You should take a nap. We will be out late tonight and it won't be fun if you are tired," he finished with a smile.

 

I glanced at the clock and realized that he was right. There was plenty of time for me to take a nap and then get ready. But I also wanted to hang out with the guys. So? Compromise. "I'll just stay here and watch with you guys. But... if I do fall asleep, will you wake me in time?"

 

"Yes," both Taeyang and Top answered at the same time, Jiyong, however, shushed them quickly.

 

"Movie!" He said, pointing at the screen with one hand, the other holding a handful of chips which he proceeded to chow down on. I giggled silently and settled back on the couch to watch.

----

I woke up after sleeping for I don't know how long, and I knew for certain I had missed most of the movie since I didn't even hear the TV anymore. What I also knew for certain was that I was woken up by somewhat manly giggle. And the sound of a camera phone. What the- My eyes opened to see the three older members standing in front of me, each with their phone out. It was then that I noticed the weights on my shoulders, but when I turned to either side, all I saw was hair. It took me another moment before I figured out what was going on, but then I felt embarrassed, happy, and sad all at the same time.  I was embarrassed because sometime after I had fallen asleep, Daesung and Seungri had both fallen asleep as well, their heads on my shoulders, Daesung hugging my arm lightly while Seungri's hand was holding mine. I was happy because they were both still sleeping peacefully, looking like carefree guys. They apparently felt comfortable enough with me to fall asleep like that, and that made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. But I also felt extremely sad. I only had a few days left and while Jiyong and I both knew it, I wondered if the others remembered that little point. Well, I certainly wasn't going to remind them.

 

It took me a few moments, but I was finally able to extract myself from between both boys, though I'm pretty sure I managed to wake both of them up while doing so.  I really did try my hardest not to wake them, but, well, they were asleep on my shoulders. When I did get up, I planned to chastise the older members, but by the time I was free GD was hiding behind Taeyang, Top was hiding behind GD, and Taeyang was just smiling at me. "Nikky, you looked very cute sleeping." Great. All I could do at that point was blush, especially since I heard a certain voice from behind me.

 

"Is time to get ready?" I turned to see that Seungri had fallen over and was still asleep on the couch while Daesung was the one actually awake and talking. He stood up and walked over to us, rubbing his eyes and stretching.

 

I realized that my internal clock was rather thrown off and I had no idea what time it was, so I just turned o the boys behind me. GD nodded as he walked out from behind Taeyang, giving me a wide berth, as he headed to the couch. "Yeah, its 9:45 now," he let us know as he leaned over and shook Seungri awake.

 

"Wait, 9:45? Already?!" I looked at the clock next to the bedside table on the other side of the room and just barely made out the 9:45. Or at least the blobs looked enough like those numbers that I believed him. With that I started ushering the boys out, trying not to be too pushy while still pushing them. "We have 45 minutes to get ready, and I know you boys take almost as long as me." This received a scoff from Top, but I ignored it as I pushed him and then the others out the door. "45 minutes!" I said as I closed the door on a pouting Top, laughing Taeyang, confused and sleepy Daesung, and a still half asleep Seungri being held up by a nodding GD.

 

It was only when I turned around that I realized they had left all of the trash on the table. I almost threw the door back open and beg them to help me clean, but no, I didn't. They needed to get ready and look good for tonight. Of course, I probably should clean up a little as well. Myself I mean. And the room. Or the room? Okay, one or the other. While I had the feeling that Hae Jung and Cho Hee would like the room to be clean, I knew down to the deepest part of my being that if I wasn't ready and looking nice by 10:30, Cho Hee-unnie would have my head. And with that decision made, I left all of the empty boxes, bags, and soda bottles on the table and headed to the bathroom to get ready.