Oh great... dance critique...

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

1.5 hours later and we had finally managed to get all of the boys up and dressed. Breakfast was delivered to the room I shared with the other noonas and we had another morning meeting. Once again, we went over what today's schedule was, as well as the fact that the next day would see the boys filming a daytime talk show in the morning with a 10 am call time, followed by going to the rehearsal venue and practicing there for a few hours before going to the dance studio and practicing a bit more. Which of course made me realize I hadn't packed any workout clothes. When I brought this to Hae Jung's attention, the wonderful Cho Hee came to my rescue. She opened one of the sections of the trunk and ta-da! Work out pants, biker shorts, leggings, tank tops, sports bras, t-shirts, and sweat shrits. Only 3 of each, which I thought was more than enough, but I was informed that I would want to change mid-day sometimes. Well that sounded really reassuring. Finally, it was time to actually head out to the dance studio. I put two bras, t-shirts, and pairs of pants into a backpack along with my purse and then we were off. Luckily, the dance studio was literally right around the corner, so we were able to walk to it. Also luckily, it was cold enough that we were all bundled up and everyone (except me) was wearing what they would be working out in, so their fashion wasn't enough to draw attention. I did not want to deal with screaming fan girls, but Hae Jung told me that it was inevitably going to happen by time we left New York. Luckily, this was not that time.

We made it to the dance studio by 10:45 so we could get a tour. At first I was confused, until I saw the inside of the building. Apparently there were a ton of studios and dance centers around New York, and they had managed to find this one that would allow them to rent it for their entire stay in New York. And by rent, I mean the entire dance center. All 5 studios, two on the bottom floor with the lobby and changing rooms and three on the top floor. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. But in the end we were given a few minutes to change and get ready before we had to meet in the largest dance studio upstairs.

By time I got changed and walked back to the dance studio, everyone else had gathered around a TV that was on a stand in the back corner of the room. As soon as I entered the room, the boys stood up and came over to me. They quickly introduced me to everyone, which was accompanied by a lot of people standing, bowing, "Annyeonghaseo"s from the dancers and "Hello"s from me, and then sitting back down. I couldn't really remember anyone's name, except the last two boys. They stood up and actually came over to me and bowed while I stared. They looked almost completely identical, except that one was wearing a blue t-shirt and the other was wearing a grey tank top. Hair, eyes, pants... everything was identical. Oh boy.

"Nikky," Taeyang said, "this is Deuk-ya," he pointed to the boy with the blue t-shirt, "and this is Don-ya," gesturing to the boy wearing the tank top. "They will be helping you learn."

I bowed to both. "Hello. Please look after me," I said quietly. It was a phrase Daesung had told me about the other day after being introduced to the managers. While I couldn't say it in Korean, I knew it was somewhat of a custom to say it when being introduced to a teacher or coworkers. Or at least that was what I had understood from Daesung. I could be completely wrong, but I hoped I wasn't. When I looked up at them they just grinned and bowed together.

"Hello," they said, in unison. Oh, that could get annoying. "Do not worry," Don said in slightly halting English. "We will not be too bad," Deuk added, also in halting English. I smiled, though I was worried about the lessons. They looked like such easy going guys. Their grin turned into a bit of a smirk and Top cleared his throat behind me.

"Ah, yes," Taeyang said, gesturing towards where everyone was sitting down. "Let's start." We sat down, and the man Taeyang introduced as the other choreographer started the video up. And what did I see? The portion of the first concert that contained Only Look At Me. Oh god... We watched through it once and then Taeyang and another guy stood up and began to speak. GD scooted backwards from his spot until he sat right next to me and translated, luckily. They wanted to go through each section and get different perspectives for what could have been done differently. I nodded along with everyone else, though I didn't feel quite as enthusiastic as they all looked.

Of course, it turned out I didn't have much to worry about. We watched the first four parts and rehearsed them, changing a bit of blocking and setting definite times for me to look, as well as where and how to look. A tiny bit was added where I interacted with Taeyang between being with Seungri and being with Daesung, but nothing too difficult. And then we got to the last part, where Top and I had to dance. GD was translating as Taeyang, the choreographer, and the dancers dissected everything I did wrong, which was apparently a lot. I know it was all to make the show better, but it kinda hurt having that much criticism. I didn't want them to know though, so I just hugged my knees to chest and hid my face against my knees, listening to GD's translations.

They stopped suddenly, even though I could hear Taeyang and the choreographer still speaking. I felt an arm laid across my shoulders and I looked over to see a concerned GD looking at me. He hugged me towards him a little as he asked "You okay?"

Instead of replying, I hid my face again and nodded, making an affirmative "Mmhmm" noise.

I know I am pretty transparent, so of course he had no problem telling I was lying. "Nikky-ah..." he said. Maybe it was the arm across my shoulders, maybe it was the concern in his voice, or maybe it was him calling me something other than noona, but I sighed and my wall of i'm-stubborn-and-not-going-to-let-anyone-know fell.

"I'm just... embarassed." I looked up and saw that they were intently discussing a specific part of the dance and the dancers were all nodding in agreement with whatever the choreographer was saying. Whatever it was, I was certain it wasn't saying how amazing I was. "I feel really bad," I said with a sigh. "I wish I could have done better."

At which point I felt the arm around my shoulder tighten and GD let out a 'tsk'. "No, no. For not having trained, you did very good." I nodded, wishing to believe him, but all I could think about was how embarrassed Taeyang and Top must have felt to have me up there. I looked over to see that GD was no longer looking at me, but past me instead. He made a small motion with his head and I suddenly felt a hand on my arm. I looked to the other side and saw a concerned Top had not only moved closer to me, but was now rubbing my arm in a comforting manner.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, but before I could answer, GD said something quickly and quietly in Korean. Top nodded at his leader before looking back down at me. "You did good. Promise," he said with a small smile. I took a deep breath and smiled back before looking back at the ground in front of me. I wasn't convinced that they were speaking the truth, but it was better to pretend to believe them than keep them worrying, wasn't it? Of course, then I heard my name. I looked up to see Taeyang and the others all looking back at me with expressions ranging from confusion to worry to anger (that was coming from a few of the female dancers). There I sat with GD on one side, his arm around my shoulders, and Top on the other side, his hand on my arm.

"Nikky, are you okay?" I couldn't help but blush and look back at the ground in front of me. That made the third Big Bang member to ask if I was okay. I had a feeling with how caring these guys seemed that I would need to work on being a little less transparent.

I let out a little embarrassed laugh as I replied "I got cold..." which was followed by a few laughs, and then more after what I said was translated.

Taeyang looked at GD and Top before nodding. He probably realized my answer was a lie, but he was nice enough not to bring that up now. "Well, we talked and we might have you dance with Seungri."

I saw Top suddenly look up at Taeyang. "Why?" he asked. Yes, that was what I wanted to know.

"It might look more natural if-"

But Top actually interrupted Taeyang then. "She needs practice. Nikky, you never dance like that, yes?" He looked at me for confirmation after the last statement and I nodded.

"I've only done swing dancing before..."

Taeyang nodded and I could see that he was considering his options before he answered. "Okay. Daek, Don?" He looked towards the two twins, who answered with a "De?" "Teach her well and we will see tomorrow, okay?" He looked between the twins, Top, Seungri, and myself and we each nodded. "Good. Then Nikky, you and the twins go and practice. We are going to work on other songs." I stood up at the same time as the now grinning twins and tried to think positive as we left the others. I... was not looking forward to this. 

-----

A/N: Sumimasen >.< The reason this took so long is because I actually wanted to post two chapters at once, but the second one is only half done. So here are the options:

1) Shorter chapters more often?  -OR-

2) Longer chapters with more time between them?

Please let me know what you would prefer! (And how you are liking or not liking things so far, heh)