2nd to Last Night on the Town (Part 1)

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

The concert had just ended and all of the boys were gathered in their dressing room to unwind a little before heading out. I, however, was not relaxing. No, I was in the process of picking up clothes off the floor and thinking of yelling at Taeyang the messy boy who was responsible when Jiyong broke the comfortable silence we had been sitting in.

 

“We should go out.”

 

“To a club?”  I heard Seungri ask, excitement in his voice already.

 

“De,” the leader replied, almost absentmindedly as he typed something into his phone.

 

I glanced over just as Seungri shot out of his seat and pumped his fist into the air. “Yes!”

 

There seemed to be a general consensus as the other boys stood as well, but I just shook my head, continuing to hang up and sort the clothes from the concert.

 

“Nikky-ya?” I turned to see that Top had moved until he was standing right by me. I managed not to blush and continued to act as casual as possible as I busied myself with folding a shirt.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Are you coming?” I glanced over at him again as he looked at me, but quickly looked away, afraid I would laugh. The look he was giving me… I knew he was trying to give me a puppy dog look like the one that always worked from Seungri, but on him it just looked adorable. No, silly. It looked silly. He was a grown man, puppy dog eyes shouldn’t look adorable on a grown man!

 

“I don’t know,” I said with a shrug, moving onto the next piece of clothing. “There’s a lot to sort through still, and I don’t really feel like dancing and stuff.”

 

“I do not dance, so I can keep you company.” I swear, at that moment my heart just about stopped. I actually froze as my mind processed what he said, but I think I managed to cover it up with a cough. Maybe. After the day we had had and the realization I had come to… Everything about Top, everything he did and said, I was acutely aware of it. Kind of unsettling actually. Gave me lots of butterflies, which felt nice, but still.

 

“Oh, well, I guess, but I don’t want to keep you from hanging out and enjoying yourself,” I made sure that I didn’t look up, didn’t look towards him, didn’t do anything besides nonchalantly continue folding clothes. Not that I really noticed what I was even folding. The thought of hanging out and talking with Top, just the two of us? Well, maybe not just the two of us since we would be surrounded by other people at a club, but just the two of us at the table?

 

“It will be fun,” he said just as a pair of hands entered my field of vision. They grabbed the shirt I was folding and put it down before grabbing my hands and making me turn towards him. I glanced up and he smiled that silly grin at me. “Promise.”

 

I just stared as his eyes caught mine for a second, damn him for having those eyes that I’m never able to look away from, before my mind clicked on again. I made an exasperated sound as I rolled my eyes and pulled my hands from his, trying to play off how his touch was actually making me feel. “Fine, fine, I’ll go.”

 

I heard the maknae yell “Yay!” and turned to see that the others were looking at us. Wow, I hadn’t even been paying attention to what was going on around us. I shook my head at myself just as Seungri bounded over and gave me a hug. “It would not have been fun without you, noona!”

 

“Liar,” I said with a laugh. “You’ll be so busy with girls on the dance floor, you won’t even notice me.”

 

“Noona, that is not true,” he said with a pout. I tried to keep a straight face but failed, especially when the others started laughing as well. 

 

“Okay.” Jiyong spoke up over the laughter as he glanced at his phone. “The driver will be here in 15 minutes. Cho Hee-noona said we can wear clothes from concert, but we have to be careful.” He came over and grabbed me by the shoulders before playfully pushing me out the door. “Go change, Nikky!” I just laughed as the door closed behind me and I headed towards the changing room I shared with the girl dancers.

---

As it turned out, the reason Jiyong had wanted to go to a club was because he and the rest of the guys had been invited to the same club as we had gone to the night before. He had received a voicemail about it during the concert and was actually planning on going whether we went with him or not. The owner wanted to thank them, so they were going to get admission and drinks on the house. Something about drawing in a crowd, bringing their name into the lime-light, etcetera.

 

The ride over was just the six of us with the managers, Cho Hee-unnie, and Hae Jung-unnie meeting us there. We had two tables next to each other again, and very soon it was just Top and myself left at our table. Even Daesung had been reluctantly pulled away to dance by Taeyang, who apparently promised he wouldn’t have to booty dance with anyone. I was a little confused as to why Daesung would go and dance until Top translated what had been said between the two. Thank the lord the boys had been practicing their English before coming to the US. Yes, I was ‘helping’ in the sense that I was making them use it as often as possible since I was with them a lot, but I don’t know if I would ever have been able to teach someone English. Talk about hard.

 

I was pulled out of my thoughts and the comfortable silence that was between Top and myself by two very attractive, leggy girls arriving at our table, one sliding in to sit right next to Top, the other sliding in uncomfortably close to me and immediately ignoring me to try and talk to Top as well. I almost sighed as I realized I had just been sitting in silence with him for only a few minutes, but that was more than enough opportunity for these girls to pounce. It was my own fault really. They introduced themselves, but I didn’t pay enough attention to actually catch their names. I was trying my hardest not to become uncomfortable as they started up a conversation, but goodness, the girl next to me was way too close. I know she was trying to get close to the man on my other side, but sitting as close to me as possible and trying to lean around me was not the way to do that. Finally fed up with listening to them try to pull responses from the silent Top, I started to excuse myself when I felt a hand on my arm.

 

I turned to see Top looking at me. “Where are you going?”

 

“Oh, nowhere,” I said with a  glance at the two girls, both of whom only had eyes for the man at my side. “I just figured I’d leave you to-“

 

“Don’t.” I looked back at him to see an expression on his face that I couldn’t name. Maybe a mixture of uncertainty and fear? But just as soon as I saw it, it was gone. He turned away and poured two glasses of wine from the bottle he had in front of him, pushing one in my direction. “You like wine, right?” The smile returned to his face as he raised his glass in a salute before taking a drink.

 

“Oh, yeah,” I took a sip from mine and was surprised at how good it was. I do like wine, it wasn’t a lie, but I usually could only afford the $3 stuff. Which, while being wine, is not that good to start off with. “Wow, this is actually pretty tasty.” I gave him a smile as I took another sip. “You have good taste,” I smirked a little until I was reminded of the girls at my side as she cleared and smiled at Top even more.

 

The girl on Top’s other side scooted closer to him and gave him what I can only guess was supposed to be a y smile. “I like wine too,” she said, her voice almost a purr. The look he gave her almost had me snorting into my glass. It was a mixture of disgust and, well, disgust. Oh, and distaste. Maybe a little apathy as well. A good look over all. Not one I’d want sent in my direction, but definitely a good one for someone you see as nothing more than a bug. Which these girls were, at least to me.

 

“Sorry, but it is just for me and my friend.” He took another sip before raising his other hand and motioning to someone behind me. Suddenly one of the managers came up and whispered to one girl, and then the other. I have no idea what was said, but I had no idea that girls like that could give someone such an evil stank eye and then move so quickly in those ridiculous heels. I glanced at Top but he only shrugged and took another sip. “They were annoying.”

 

I managed to keep my face straight for a good twenty or thirty seconds before I smiled and then laughed. I took another sip to get rid of my giggles before I spoke up. “Yes, yes they were.” I grinned at him and the smirk he sent back had my heart fluttering. I had a feeling this was going to be a good night.

---

I was happy. That was all I could say. I was sitting in a club, next to Top, drinking a glass of wine each, and just talking. About anything and everything. Family, pets, food, the weather even. I mean, I loved the fact that we could go from talking about our families to making fun of people in the club without skipping a beat. I sort of felt bad about that part actually, but have you seen what people sometimes wear in the clubs these days? And the way they act and dance? Just… no. Not for me. And apparently not always for Top either.

 

I didn’t know how long we were talking before Jiyong sauntered over to our table, a smile on his face. I say saunter because he was totally in his element here. He was exuding that GD image that had girls around the world drooling, so describing his approach as anything less than a saunter would have been a disgrace. “Hyung! Noona!” He waved at us both as he slid onto the seat and around the table until he was sitting next to Top. “You should dance!” I simply gave him a look with a raised eyebrow before he laughed and waved his hand in front of him. “Okay, okay, I know you do not want to dance. But hyung,” he said, turning so he was focused on Top. “The owner wants to talk with us to say thank you.”

 

At this point Top glanced at me, and I had a feeling I knew what he was thinking before he spoke. “I don’t-“

 

I smiled and interrupted him. “Don’t stay here on my account. Go,” I said, giving his shoulder a playful push. “Do your BigBang older person thing. “ I smiled at him as I held up my glass that still had some wine in it. “I’ve got a glass of wine and I’m a big girl, I can survive on my own.”

 

Jiyong smiled as he grabbed on Top’s arm and gave it a tug. “See? Noona will be fine. It will only be a little time, I promise.”

 

 “If you are sure,” Top asked, looking at me as he grabbed his glass. I just nodded and motioned him away with my hands. He smiled as Jiyong dragged him out of the seat. “I will be right back,” he said with a half wave as he left.

 

And truthfully? I was fine. It gave me some time to think about things. Things that I should have avoided, feelings and such, but things that I needed to figure out. Like the butterflies. The short conversations. The small amounts of teasing. I glanced across the club to see Jiyong and Top standing with an older, and balding, man, surrounded by girls.

 

Even though I felt a slight twinge seeing him with all of those gorgeous girls, I smiled. Why? Because when I looked up, Top was looking right back at me. He smiled, and raised his glass towards me. I raised mine right back and we both took a sip, grinning. It was as my heart fluttered and I felt myself blush that I finally gave a voice to my feelings. Finally said the words I had been avoiding.

 

I liked Top.

 

I’m not stupid, so I won’t say that I love him, but I did like him. A lot. I liked being around him, seeing him smile, making him smile, talking with him about nothing at all… Hell, just a hand on my arm made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. I thought back to when we first met and he had kissed me and I… I realized I wanted him to do it again. I wanted to hold his hand, hug him, be hugged by him, watch movies and fall asleep with my head on his shoulder, talk about everything and nothing, steal a kiss… all of those dorky things you see in the movies. And you know what? The whole being famous thing didn’t affect me. I realized that in the past week, I had fallen for him because of who he was. I had fallen for Choi Seunghyun, the older band member who had a bit of a temper, but was kind, caring, sensitive, and also hilarious with the heart, and sometimes mind, of a child. That was the guy I liked. The fact that he was also Top and had an amazing singing and rapping voice and was sort of y as hell was just a plus at this point.

 

Not that I would ever, ever, ever mention these feelings to anyone. I mean, come on. Like I had said: he was Choi Seunghyun, the eldest member of BigBang, also known as T.O.P., also known as The Official Pimp. He was constantly surrounded by gorgeous women and could summon more with just a snap of his fingers. There was no way I could compete with that.

 

Of course… I could always dream, couldn’t I?

---

A/N: 'Nother chapter and... LOOK WHAT FINALLY HAPPENED! Good lord, it took our girl long enough, didn't it? I mean... geez louise. Sometimes I just wanted to shake her >.< But there you have it ^_^ And I'm sorry if this chapter feels a little awkward. I like it, but it sort of has a lot of thought in it and not as much talking. Hope thats okay.

I already have the next 5 chapters done (part 2 & 3 of this chapter, and another chapter I broke into parts 1 and 2, then the next chapter), so I hope to get them posted every two or three days. I hope you enjoy them!

 

Umm... I guess that's it ^_^ Thank you SO much for all of the encouragement the last few days and especially the last month. Things have finally settled down and I cannot tell you how happy I am to have you all here. <3<3<3 LOTS OF LOVE <3<3<3