The... The WHAT Show?!

Big Bang's Newest Noona

Not only were we on time, but Cho Hee-unnie let me do my own hair and pick out clothes! Well, more like I tried and she eventually stepped up to help. But I ended up in an outfit very similar to the one from the previous night, with the same wig, but red streaks this time, to match the outfit. The boys just looked incredibly spiffy. They met the staff and myself in the room the unnies and I shared, and I couldn't help but feel jealous. Top was in one of his black Fubu suits with a colorful tie, Taeyang had switched from his normal biker/hip hop look into a very slick navy suit with a vest and skinny tie, Seungri was wearing black pants and a knee length black jacket over a simple white shirt, GD had on dark jeans with a white shirt and black blazer, and Daesung was in an all black outfit suit with a white vest and tie. VERY different from how they looked the night before, but I really, really was not going to complain. I was, however, curious as to why they had changed what I thought of as their signature fashions over night.

 
When I asked, the answer I got almost made my jaw hit the floor. "Wait... what?" I asked, looking around at everyone else. Apparently I was only one who didn't know what was going on.
 
Hae Jung just chuckled as she explained again. "She really wanted to have an interview before they made their way to California, so she flew and arrived this morning. Ellen is good friends with someone who is letting her borrow their studio." Oh my word. They were going to be on the Ellen Degeneras show. I was going to be in the same building as Ellen. While all of the guys in Big Bang were amazing, Ellen was my role model.
 
Apparently, the expression on my face gave me away, because next thing I knew, GD was asking "Why? Do you like her show?" I took a deep breath to control my excitement before I smiled at him.
 
"Ohgodyes." Well, I almost contained it. I blushed a little and laughed. Man, I seemed to be blushing a lot today. But luckily, the others laughed along with me.
 
Hae Jung looked at her watch and then gave her signature, or so I was deciding to call it, noona-clap. "We have to leave now. Nikky-ah?" I stopped heading towards the door with the guys and turned back to see her holding out a purse like bag and a duffle bag. "We are heading to practice at the venue after the show. Don't forget your clothes." I somehow managed not to roll my eyes, since I knew that would be disrespectful, but GR!
 
Instead, I nodded and bowed my head a little. "Thank you, Hae Jung-unnie." She laughed as did Cho Hee, and I just shook my head and smiled. These unnies.... they knew me well already.
----
When we got down to the lobby of the hotel, I had my first encounter with fans. Not just fans, crazy fans. And reporters. Luckily, my first encounter was viewing them through the glass doors of the hotel. But still, scary as hell. Why was it scary? Because as soon as the guys were in view, I could hear the screaming through the glass specifically designed to keep the sound of New York City outside. Talk about some lung power. It actually caused me to stop in my tracks, but I was in front of the guys, so Taeyang came up next to me and put a hand under my elbow.
 
"Do not worry," he said quietly as we moved towards the doors. "You go first with Hae Jung-noona and Cho Hee-noona," he nodded towards the smiling unnie who had caught up to me and was on my other side, "then the managers to keep them back and we will join you in the van, okay?" I took a stabilizing breath. I can do this.
 
"Okay," I replied, just as he dropped my elbow and walked back to where the other guys were. I can do this, I can do this, I kept repeating that to myself as we got up to the doors. I felt relief as I saw that there were some doormen already acting as security. Alright, here we go, I thought as I lifted my chin and opened the door. I remembered a story of one of the Exo-M members getting lost while in an airport crowd and being injured, and my resolve became steel. I was a BigBang-noona, that meant that I had to keep them safe and happy. And heaven help any brat who tried to ruin that.
 
With that attitude, it was actually easy to clear a path. Later, Hae Jung told me that my height, the heels I was wearing put me at 5'9", my the look on my face, made me a rather imposing figure, so next to the two imposing, but shorter, Asian women, a path opened in front of us. I'm pretty sure that the fans would have given us a path anyways, but that mob mentality? It can be pretty scary.
 
The vans pulled up just as we exited the hotel, and we all quickly piled in. Well, I got into the first van and was joined by Daesung, Top, and Seungri, and two of the managers, one who was already driving, while Cho Hee and Hae Jung got into the other fan with the other three managers, GD, and Taeyang. I looked back at Seungri and Daesung in the backset and we all gave eachother thumbs ups at the same time. And while we were all cracking up, I saw Top smile and shake his head before pulling out his phone and messing around on it. The rest of the 15 minute van ride was filled with Seungri and Daesung talking in Korean and every now and then talking to me in English. But I didn't mind. Daesung already looked more at ease now than he had before the show last night, and that was important right now.
---
When we got to the studio, we were able to get in the backway, meaning no crowds, thankfully. It also meant I was given a minute to talk to Daesung while we walked along the hallway.
 
"How're you feeling?" I asked, trying to see his expression, which was difficult due to us currently being the same height. He was looking at the ground and the smile I had seen while in the van was no longer there, which was worrying.
 
"Scared," he replied, quietly.
 
I took a deep breath, before I reached down and grabbed his hand. He looked at me surprised, but I just smiled encouragingly. "Don't worry," I said, giving his hand a squeeze, "I'll be right there. I promise, Dae."
 
He looked from my face down to our hands, then forward again, a smile on his face. "Thanks, noona." I noticed a slight reddening on his cheeks and was about to about blushing when we reached the dressing room.
 
"Boys, time for make-up. Managers, green room. Nikky-ah?" Hae Jung looked at me and I dropped Dae's hand and stepped forward. "You're with me. Lets hurry," she said as she turned and continued down the hallway. I took a few steps after her, then stopped as I remember something important that I needed to do.
 
I turned and quickly stepped into the doorway the boys had just walked through, before I said in a very loud stage whisper "Hey! Boys!" They all looked at me and I smiled before raising my fists. "Fighting!" I saw a smile on each of their faces as I turned and hurried down the hall. I let my grin and a tiny bit of laughter explode as I caught up with Hae Jung. Making the boys smile was becoming my favorite part of this job, it really was.