Dancing... Ugh.

Big Bang's Newest Noona

12:15. That was when hell started for me. The Kwon brothers were very nice, but as soon as they realized that I really did know next to nothing about dancing, they decided it was time to each me the basics. What did that mean? Apparently a lot of stretches, crunches, and leg lifts. And being constantly reminded to smile, keep my stomach tight, etc. And by reminded I mean that they definitely knew how to say "Smile", but if I was doing something else wrong, they preferred to let me know by showing rather than telling. Either by poking at my stomach, moving an arm or a leg, or trying to sound angry as I tried to keep up with how many sit ups or leg lifts I was supposed to be doing. I say trying because they still sounded and looked cute, even when they were frowning.

 

45 minutes later and I was dead to the world. My alarm went off, letting me know it was time for lunch, and I almost collapsed to the floor right then. I honestly had no idea how the guys did it. Maybe it would be easier when I was actually learning things, but for now? My whole body felt dead. I let out a groan and stumbled towards the bench along the wall of the practice room but was stopped as the Kwons stepped in front of me.

 

"Nikky-noona," that would be Don, "it is lunch!" He said with a smile. More like a grin. A very evil grin in my eyes, but a grin none the less.

 

Deuk nodded as he grabbed my arm and turned me around, walking towards the door. "Yes, I am hungry. You too?"

 

I wanted to say no. I wanted to say that I didn't care about food, I cared about not dying and letting my muscles know that I still loved them. But my stomach had other plans as it let out a loud growl. I blushed as both boys started laughing. "I guess I am..." I said very non convincingly. The food was already set up in the practice room next to ours and as soon as we entered I realized that I was not just hungry, I was starving. The twins and I were the last in line, but luckily there was still plenty of food. Plenty of foreign food. I grabbed a plate and simply stared at the items in front of me for about a minute before I heard a set of chuckles behind me. An arm went around my should and I looked over to see Don grinning at me. Deuk walked up to my other side and immediately started spooning food onto all three of our plates.

 

"Noona, you did good," Deuk said as he loaded some sort of spicy smelling vegetable onto first my plate then theirs.

 

Don nodded as he pointed to some other food and his twin put some on the plates. "Yes, yes. After we will learn a dance, okay?" I looked up at him in shock as he continued to move me down the line.

 

"But..." I was too tired to learn a dance. And I didn't think, no, I knew I wasn't ready.

 

"Ye," Deuk said as we reached the end of the line and he poured three waters. "It is easy and from a show. There is a video, okay?"

 

"We will help! Do not worry," Don said with a smirk as he removed his arm and grabbed a water before he and Deuk walked over to a group of dancers who were waving at them. I grabbed my own water and turned to look around. The boys were sitting by themselves over in a corner, there was the choreographer and some of the older dancers in another corner, most of the girl dancers in their own circle, and I swear a few were glaring at me, and then finally the group Don and Deuk had joined.

 

At that moment, I felt like a new student at school, trying to find a seat at lunch time. Did I try to sit with the older, in charge crowd? The girls (definitely not)? The other-people-like-me-aka-dancers? The popular boys? As if in answer to my question, Daesung looked up from his food and saw me, giving me a big smile and a wave. At almost the exact same time, Deuk and Don moved so that there was space between them and motioned me over. I looked between the two groups for a second until Top, who was on Daesung's left, and Seungri, on Daesung's right, both looked at me as well and smiled. As much as I wanted to get to know the twins better, I only had a week with the boys. I had to make every second count.

 

I smiled apologetically and shrugged towards the twins before heading towards the boys and sitting between Taeyang and Daesung. As I sit, Top turned to me, a serious look on his face. "Nikky-ah, was Don-ah's arm on your shoulder?"

 

I tried not to frown as I answered, "Yes, why?" since I was curious as to the reason he had for asking, and frowning might keep him from continuing.

 

"Hmp," he said, sending a look their way. "They are too... feelingy." I just looked at him, extremely confused, until GD finally laughed.

 

"Touchy-feely, hyung?" He asked.

 

"Ah, yes," Top said, looking slightly embarassed. "They are too touchy-feely," he repeated, before going back to eating.

 

I was still confused, but the other boys apparently thought it was hilarious, which I could tell due to their laughter. Finally I just gave up trying to understand and shook my head, taking a bite of one of the unknown food items on my plate. I let out a content sigh as I leaned back against the wall as I ate. Apparently I was more sore than I had even realized, since not having to support myself while sitting was a relief.

 

Daesung looked over at my sigh and grinned. "Is it fun, noona?" I knew that replying would not properly describe my feelings, so instead I took a bite of food and glared at him. His face wilted almost instantly and he looked across the circle to Taeyang. "Awww, hyung! She is angry with us now!" He sent his hyung a pouty face and looked back at me.

 

I quickly finished my food, trying not to laugh. Finally, the food gone and choking averted, I replied "No, I'm not angry, just very sore."

 

He replied with a knowing "Ah," and a sage nod before the others all smiled and nodded, which let me know that they understood at least a little of the pain I was feeling then.

 

It was just at that moment that a thought occurred to me. "Oh!" I said, looking around at the five boys, who all stopped eating at my exclamation. "That reminds me. What should I call you?"

 

Seungri, noddles hanging out of his mouth due to having stopped eating mid slurp, tilted his head, questioningly. GD, who sat beside him, managed to finish what he was eating quickly and asked, "What do you mean?"

 

"Well, you call each other hyung, you or add honorifics to the end of eachother's names, right?" They nodded, though they continued to look confused. "Do you want me to use honorifics? Or maybe call you something different when you're in disguise?" That was something that had occurred to me while we were sightseeing. Walking around with five Korean boys and calling them by their names might draw attention from people who knew about K-pop.

 

"Oh," Daesung replied. "You can call me Daesung, Daesungie," he said with a grin and a laugh, "or just Dae."

 

"No honorifics?" I asked, curious. I knew that in Korean culture, honorifics were important. For them to tell me not to use them would be really unusual.

 

"No, no. We are in America, so no honorifics for you," he looked around at the rest of the group as he talked, and they nodded in agreement. I tried to open my mouth to argue, but apparently the others knew what they wanted to be called.

 

"GD or Jiyong," GD replied, not hesitating. "But in disguise you can call me Ji."

 

"And Taeyang is fine," the slightly older boy spoke up. "Or Yongbae if you want." He took a sip of water and seemed to think before speaking up again. "Just Bae when we are in disguise."

 

I noticed that the others were looking at him strangely before Seungri spoke up. "But hyung, only special people say Yongbaae." Ah, that it explained it. Yes, it was a little odd, I suppose. When I thought about it, even the other guys called him Taeyang whereas there were times they would call GD Jiyong instead.

 

He, however, simply shrugged and smiled a little. "Nikky is a noona now. That makes her special." I blushed a little at this and was going to speak up against being special, but Daesung distracted me by nodding his head enthusiastically and saying "Ye, ye, ye," so instead I took another bite of food and looked at the remaining boys.

 

Now all that were left were Top and Seungri, the two who happened to share the same first name as well as a teasing streak a mile wide, or so I had been told. I was curious about what both of them wanted me to call them, and almost asked, but Top answered before I could.

 

"Oppa," he said, trying to keep the smirk off his face as he nonchalantly kept eating. He glanced at me and even though there was no smirk on his lips, his eyes could not lie. There was, how to describe it, a twinkle I suppose, that just screamed at me that he was teasing. So, in turn, I gave him a mock glare.

 

"I'm older than you..."

 

He shrugged and kept silent, still staring at me and smirking with his eyes until GD elbowed him playfully. Top sent his dongsaeng a pout before letting out a hmph. "Fine. Top is okay. Or Seung-hyun-ssi in disguise," he said, returning to his food, the pout still on his face. I wanted to ask why he was the only one making me use an honorific, especially when he had just agreed with the others, but Seungri spoke up before I could.

 

"Awww, hyung, I wanted her to call me Seung-hyun," he said, mimicking the older man's pout almost perfectly. When Top sent him a look he turned to his food and thought for a moment before he smirked at me. "Sunbae!"

 

"No," GD replied instantly. Seungri sent him a pout as well, yet the maknae-pout seemed, once again, unaffective.

 

"What about when we practice dance?" He asked, looking at me. GD started to speak up again, but Seungri continued quickly, managing to cut his hyung off before he said no again. "Seungri is okay. But Ri in public. I like Ri," he said with a smile. I just nodded and smiled back, my mouth full of the last bit of food on my plate. Just then, a voice called out to everyone. I looked up to see the choreographer was standing up.

 

"Okay. We ending lunch 30 minutes before. Nikky?" He asked, looking around for me. I, however, was digging through my bag against the wall. Surely Hae Jung would have told me if practice was starting early. My only real job, besides practicing, was keeping everyone on schedule. When I heard my name again, I looked up, the phone in my hands, a text from Hae Jung on the screen telling me that lunch would only last till 1:30 and the boys needed to get back by 2:30 instead of 3:00.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Hae Jung-ssi says boys must leave 30 minutes before. Okay?"

 

"Okay," I replied, nodding at him as I changed the alarm on my phone. I would have to make sure to keep my phone on me and not on silent from now on. Missing a call from my boss? Even someone who seemed as sweet as Hae Jung-unnie? Probably not a good idea.

 

"Then, let's go," he said, clapping his hands together once as everyone got up and started throwing their things out. I got up, painfully, and was immediately greeted by two identical smiling faces.

 

"Nikky-noona, ready?" blue shirted Deuk asked me. I sighed and was rewarded with a laugh from Don.

 

"Yes, I am..." I said, very unconvincingly.

 

"Do not worry," Don said. "First we show you choreography, then we dance, okay?"

 

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright, let's do this," I replied, somehow managing to gather enough strength to lead the boys out the door and into the next room over, which I had silently dubbed my own personal dance room from hell.