The Flight

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

After finishing up at the venue at around 11, we headed out through the back entrance to the sight of one vehicle already leaving, holding the dancers I suppose. They were lucky and didn't have to be in New York for another day or two, so they had tomorrow off to explore Atlanta. The boys would be coming out to head to the airport in about 15 minutes, but we were supposed to leave first. Apparently we would get there and the unnies were going to take me to get a plane ticket in my name while the managers got everything ready for the boy's arrival. There would be security just in case, but they weren't expecting anything too crazy. We were supposed to just keep going after getting my ticket and meet the boys on the plane. Well, alright then!

Of course, when we arrived, the others were shocked to see a large group waiting inside the airport with signs, posters, cameras... the works. I, of course, laughed. Hell, if I wasn't where I was, I probably would have been right there with them. Okay, that sounded a little creepy, but whatever. Luckily, we had pulled up a few doors before the craziness began, and were able to get inside no problem. Not that people were looking for us. Who was going to notice an older, slightly rounder Asian (Korean) woman, a middle aged Asian (Korean) woman who had somehow managed to tone down her outfit for the occasion, and a girl with black hair and glasses that could have passed as a taller, slightly larger girl/woman with perhaps a little bit of Asian in her, since no one could really see the eyes or any other defining characteristics except the straight black hair. Needless to say, we waltzed right past them.

When we got to the counter, Hae Jung walked through the Gold Member line, which probably shouldn't have surprised me, but it somewhat did. Was she a Gold member because she traveled with BigBang a lot? Maybe they all were considered Gold Members? Aw, that meant I'd be sitting by myself. Pooh. "Hello," she said to the lady behind the counter. "I have reservations, but I would like to add a name to one of the seats."

Add a name? But didn't we have to actually buy a ticket first? The counter lady didn't seem to miss a beat though. "Certainly. And what name are the seats under?"

"Yoon Hae Jung," she replied. Hmm... did I know her family name was Yoon? Wait a second.... What what what was I doing? I didn't really know anything about any of the people I was traveling with. I managed to miss the rest of the conversation as my brain just about exploded. I was traveling with 5 boys younger than me, two older women, and five older men, and I only knew a majority of their first names. I knew the boy's family names, but only because I was a fan. And they didn't really know that much about me either! Except for the information Cho Hee had managed to get from me and the stuff that was on the paperwork that I didn't actually fill out myself. They didn't know about my family, my friends, my medical- Of course, Hae Jung finally shook me out of my stupor. "Nikky? Are you alright?" I looked at her and she reached up and took my sunglasses off. I guess the look in my eyes was worrisome, because turned into a little frown. "Is something the matter?"

I shook my head and took a deep breath, willing myself to smile. "Sorry Hae Jung-unni, I didn't meant o space out there." I took another deep breath and realized why I was actually freaking out. "Everything is fine. I just didn't sleep well and am a little tired I think."

She nodded and smiled back at me. "Ah, I understand. Well, you can rest on the plane, okay?"

"Okay," I said, nodding as we headed towards security.

"Oh, and here is your ticket," she handed me a ticket and my jaw just about dropped.

"First class? But unni..."

"No no no," she said, holding up a hand to stop my refusal. "We had all of first class anyway, to give the boys some privacy, so having you use one of the seats is no trouble." When I opened my mouth again, she pointed a finger and gave me a (somewhat adorable) glare. "Understood?" I closed my mouth and just nodded as she smiled. "Good." And with that, we were off to catch our flight.

----

Woah. First class. This was nothing like economy. For one thing? I could stretch my legs. I was not cramped in the least! Also? There were only 16 seats. I did some math in my head. 5 members, 2 noonas plus me, and 5 managers. That left 3 open seats. So who would be sharing with who? When Hae Jung-unni and Cho Hee-unni sat together, I felt a little squeamish. That meant one of three things. 1- I would be sitting by myself, 2- I would be sitting with one of the managers (none of whom I really knew), or 3- I would be sitting with one of the boys. I put my stuff in the overhead bin and took a deep breath. The boys weren't here yet, but I was certain that they each had a seat buddy, meaning that extra seat would be left next to me. This was a good thing, right?

It wasn't more than 5 minutes before first three managers walked in, then the boys, and finally the last two managers. Since the unnis and I were sitting in the front near the door, the guys each said hi or waved as they walked past, with Seungri and Taeyang sitting behind me, G-D behind them by himself (of course), and Daesung and Top sitting directly across from Seungri and Taeyang. I let out the breath I had been holding. Although I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. Had I really wanted one of them to sit with me? Did I care which? No, it wasn't that, I just was tired. To accentuate this, my body decided it was time to remind me how tired I was with a yawn. I turned as I heard Taeyang's voice from between the seats. "You can take a nap now. The flight is two and a half hours, so we will get in around 3."

I turned towards him and smiled sheepishly. "I guess I am pretty tired."

He smiled back and shrugged. "You've had a long day. I promise someone will wake you up when we land."

I nodded as another yawn attacked me. "Alright, maybe just a short nap." Of course at that point the announcements started, and then there was take-off, and finally a loud ding as the "Fasten Seat belts" sign was turned off. By this point I was dead exhausted and really did want that nap, but a recognizable "Hyuuuung..." had me turning.

I saw a pouting Daesung seeming to argue with Top, who had his back towards me. I turned to ask Seungri or Taeyang what was going on, but both of them were asleep. So instead of eavesdropping, not that I could really eavesdrop since I didn't understand Korean, I turned towards the window and tried to get comfortable. My eyes were starting to close when a body dropped into the seat next to me. I jumped, slightly startled and turned to see a surprised Top looking at me.

"Sorry. I thought you were asleep." He looked a little sheepish as he continued, taking time to send a glare across the aisle to one bleach blonde boy who was now curled up in both seats. "Daesung wanted to curl up. Is it okay if I sit here?" He looked back at me and I saw a tiny bit of pleading in his eyes. Not much, but enough. "Ji-yong needs his space and YB's manager... he does not like me". I smiled and laid my head back against my headrest. Who was I to tell him no? It was just a seat, and I wasn't using it anyways, right?

"Of course you can sit there."

Even though my eyes were still closed, I could hear the smile in his voice. "Ah, good. Thank you."

"You're welcome." I yawned again.

"So..." I opened one eye and looked towards him, smiling as I saw how nervous he was. I felt bad that he was being forced to sit with me, but nervous and shy Top was just so adorable. Even though he was the oldest, he most definitely was not the smoothest when it came to being around women, not matter the age or whether he was interested in them like that or not. Instead of answering, I simply made an affirmative "Hmm?" sound. "What did you think? Of tonight. Was it good?"

I smiled and nodded. "Very. I didn't see much because I was helping with the costumes, but it sounded good." I let out a little giggle as I remembered the shirt-changing incident backstage.

"What?" He asked, clearly worried about what I was giggling about.

"Oh, nothing." There was no reply, so I opened my eye again to see him looking at me, obviously waiting for an answer. I knew bringing up the shirt thing was a bad idea, so instead I improvised. "I was thinking about a video clip I saw once, on youtube." I paused to yawn and could feel my mental hold slipping. "It had you singing in it."

"Oh? Really?" He seemed genuinely interested so I continued, though my words were starting to become mumbled.

"Yeah. You sounded..." Pause for another yawn, "... good. I like..." big enough yawn that I thought my jaw was going to fall off," your singing..."

I heard a smile in his voice as he answered. "Oh. Good. Thank you." I nodded and felt my head bob forward before I jerked it back. One more bob was followed by another before I opened my bleary eyes and grabbed a pillow. I hugged it to me and finally rested my chin against it. Not the most comfortable thing, but it would do. I heard his voice again as I was drifting off. "Are you comfortable?"

I shrugged as much as I could. "'m 'kay." I felt more than I heard a chuckle from next to me. Then a light pressure on my forehead as my head was moved backwards and then sideways. I was half asleep and really too tired to wonder what was going on, but all I knew was that I suddenly was resting against something much more comfortable and a voice was humming me to sleep.

-----

A/N: Totally was gonna wait on this one, but since most of the chapter was already written.... ^_^