And then there were 2

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

I am ashamed to say that even though I am a huge Big Bang fan... I don't know Korean. I know how to say hello, I know the what hyung, noona, unni, and oppa mean, as well as ajusshi, aigoo and aegyo, but that is about where I end. Still, I did try to listen in a tiny bit. I saw Daesung's face light up and he answered with a "Hyuuung!", which told me it was probably one of the other Big Bang members. Then there were a bunch of words that I couldn't even follow, plus Barnes and Noble, and then even more words. He stopped and said "de" a few times, which I took to mean yes, and then he smiled at me, said a few more words and hung up.

I took a sip of water while I contemplated asking him who the call was from when he answered my unspoken question. "Sorry. That was Top. You know Top?"

I coughed a little on my water and nodded, my face turning slightly red. Out of the 5 Big Bang members, Top and Daesung were the two that I liked the most. The each had their quirks, things they could and could not do, and that, in my eyes, set them ahead of the others. I know, odd way to choose favorites, but I am an odd girl!

Daesung laughed lightly at my coughing fit before I finally answered. "Yes, of course I know who Top is." This caused him to laugh more. Most likely he wasn't used to being spoken to like this from a fan, but once again: normal person with talent. And it seemed like he enjoyed being treated normal, so who was I to stop?

"Top is worried about me. He knew I left and came to the mall. But he did not know where." I nodded. From what I could tell, just from the videos I had seen, Top seemed like he cared about Daesung, and the fact that this was confirming that kinda made me like him a little more.

"So you told him you were alright?" I smiled. "Or did you tell him you were kidnapped by a crazy fan?"

He smiled at me and shook his head. "No. I said I was with a friend. We are having coffee at Barnes and Noble." I blushed when he used the word friend, and I could tell that he found that amusing. So to keep myself from blushing more, I took another sip of water. "It is time for me to go. So he is coming to meet me." At this point I most certainly did choke on my water. Top? Coming here? It was hard enough acting like nothing was wrong with talking with a famous singer, but two famous singers? Daesung laughed at my attempt to unblock my airway.

"Really?" I managed to squeak out.

"Yes. I take it you are a fan of Top?"

I answered without thinking, which is always a bad move. "Besides you, he is my favorite member of Big Bang."

Daesung's grin grew even more, which seemed impossible, but there you have it, and his eyes moved from me to someone behind me. "Did you hear, Hyung?" I froze, afraid to turn around. Mainly afraid of who had heard what, but when Daesung stood, I stood as well, turning to the man behind me.

And there he was. Dressed simply, just like Daesung, with a baseball cap covering his blue hair. I could see he had taken off his sunglasses upon entering the bookstore, just like Daesung. And with that thought I came to my senses. Just like with the other boy, this was just a normal person who had exceptional talent. So? I should treat him like a normal person. I knew he didn't speak Japanese that well, so I skipped that and stayed with English.

"Hello. It is nice to meet you." I bowed a little, since that was customary in Korea, then glanced up at him before turning to glare slightly at the blonde behind me and finally resting my gaze on the floor.

"So. You are Dae's friend?"

I shrugged, but Daesung came up behind me and, without warning, put a hand on my shoulder. Man, if I hadn't already been in the 'he is a normal person' mindset and instead been in a 'HOLY CRAP IT'S BIG BANG' mindset, the screaming would never have ceased. Instead I just stiffened a little and listened as he spoke to the older boy... man? Older member, in Korean. Who then, in turn, chuckled  slightly. A hand was suddenly in between me and the floor and I looked up. Top smiled a little smile at me and held his hand out.

"It is nice to meet you." I nodded, smiled, and shook his hand, trying to keep my thoughts together. And failing miserably.

"Ah! Nikky... noona?" I turned and looked at Daesung. "Are you older than me?" I blushed a little and nodded. "And Top?" I nodded again before Daesung grinned and turned to Top. "Yes! Nikky-noona!" I couldn't help but smile at that. Yes, I suppose I was Nikky-noona to both of them, wasn't I?

"Nikky-noona, Dae said you like Big Bang?"

I smiled at Top then, "Oh yes, I do. I love all of the music you guys produce." Ah! It was then I remembered my manners. "Oh! Would you like some water?"

I could tell he was slightly taken back by this, but he answered "Mmm... yes?" Ah, good! Now I could pay them both back, at least a little.

"Good! I will be right back," I said, before hurrying to the coffee shop again. I glanced over my shoulder to see the two of them talking, Top looking thoughtful and Daesung grinning like an angelic idiot, as usual. Okay Nikky, I thought to myself, its just two of the most amazing guys ever. Nothing to freak out about. But after I bought the bottle of water, I allowed myself one teeny-tiny itty-bitty squeal. There, all done.

I walked back over and handed Top his water. "Here you go."

He nodded at me and smiled that little Top smile. "Thanks."

"So, Nikky-noona," I turned as Daesung said my name. "We have to leave. Walk with us outside?"

"Sure!" I replied. I tried to keep the sadness from my voice, and was proud that I succeeded. But still, thinking that something so amazing had finally happened in my life, and just like that the experience was over... It made me a little sad. At least I got to meet them though, right?

I looked up as we walked and realized both boys were looking at me. "Hm?"

Daesung smiled and shook his head and Top repeated his question. "Are you coming to our concert?"

"Oh, the concert! Tonight?" They both nodded, and I smiled and nodded back. "Yup! Got my ticket and everything."

"Good!" Daesung replied. "Who are you with?" At that point my face fell slightly. They couldn't have known, but as it was I was going by myself. I had saved up the tiny bit of money I had and bought a cheap ticket, all by myself.

I shook my head as I spoke, but tried to keep smiling. "No one. I am going alone. None of my friends like K-pop, so I bought a cheap ticket." I saw Daesung's smile start to vanish, so I turned my smile on even more. "But that's okay! I get to see you all in concert! Who cares if I'm by myself?"  I grinned and faced forward again. Yes, seeing them in concert was the important part. Not who I was with or where I was sitting, just that I got to see them. I opened the door and stepped outside, missing the look the two behind me exchanged. I stared a little as a black SUV pulled up in front of me and didn't realize that the boys had stopped on either side of me until Daesung cleared his throat.

"Nikky-noona, do you want a picture?" I turned to face him so fast I was surprised I didn't get whiplash. A picture? With Daesung? Yes please!

I matched the grin on his face as I answered, "Yes!" and took out my camera phone. I was wondering who was going to take a picture when a man stepped out of the black SUV. Daesung smiled at him and waved him over, talking to him in Korean, which lead me to believe he was either one of their managers or a body guard or something. Daesung then took my phone and handed it to the man. "Smile, noona!" He hugged me around me shoulders and I barely had time to smile before the picture was taken. "Yay!" He grabbed the phone and looked at the picture before gesturing towards Top. "Now one with Top-hyung." I turned to the taller of the two who seemed to be engrossed in his phone and laughed.

"Daesung, I don't think he wants to be in a picture."

But just as I said that he put his phone away and walked up to me. "Sure. That is fine." He put an arm around my shoulder and made a peace sign, which I mirrored, as Daesung took the picture. I had lost track of the manager until he walked up to Daesung and handed him something.

I turned to Top then, not wanting to intrude on the other two's conversation. "Thank you for the picture."

"No problem." He replied.

I wondered what else to talk about with him, realizing he was not quite as easy to talk to as Daesung, when he asked me a question instead. "Dae-dongsaeng says you like his voice."

I looked up at him quizzically. "Oh. Yes, I do."

"And you said that I am tied as a favorite with him?"

I blushed then and looked away. "Oh... mmhm. "

I heard the embarrassment in his voice then, as well as a tiny smile. "Why is that?"

"Well," I said as I concentrated very, very hard on the ground, trying to scuff out a spot with the toe of my sneaker, "I think you are an amazing rapper and a singer. In fact, I wish you would sing more." I probably shouldn't have been feeding into his ego, but this was the only chance I'd have at telling one of my favorite artists what I think about him. "And while some people may think you are not that good at dancing, I love watching you dance on stage." I looked at him and saw that he was blushing slightly and decided that it was time to go back to treating him like a normal person... which was much harder to do with him than it was with Daesung. "Oh, and you're tall. Mainly because you're tall." I waited until he looked at me with that slightly shocked look before I smiled and stuck my tongue out a tiny bit.

At that moment Daesung came over and held my phone and a white envelope out to me. "Here, Nikky-noona. For you." I took both and went to go open the envelope when Daesung put his hand on it and stopped me. "No, open it later. But promise to do something? For me?" I looked at him and he grinned. "Promise first."

I shook my head and let out a small laugh. "Fine, fine. I promise. Now what?"

He smiled and said "Come to the arena by 4. Do not be late!" My expression turned to one of confusion as both he and Top grinned at me then waved as they started to get into the SUV.

"Later, Nikky-noona!" Daesung said, while Top let out a "Bye."

I was still staring after the SUV, very confused, for a good 10 minutes before I finally opened the envelope. And what did I find? A ticket to the sound check and a back stage pass. Freak out: commenced.