At the Club: Take 2

Big Bang's Newest Noona

 

When I got back to the table, Hae Jung was deep in conversation with the only manager still at the table, so instead of sitting down, I walked around the second floor, keeping an eye out for the guys. Seeing no one looking like they frantically needed help, I walked towards the bar. GD was dancing on the second floor with some girls, Taeyang was still on the platform, but he had removed his shirt so he stood in just a wife beater (typical Taeyang), Seungri was in the middle of the dance floor, still surrounded by girls, Daesung was in the little swing circle he had created, with a completely new girl this time, and Top was still at the table, only now there were approximately 6 model types sitting with him. Oh brother.

I managed to wrestle my way through the crowd to the bar and asked the bar tender for a water. From the look he gave me you would have thought water was the most expensive item on their menu, but eventually he shoved a glass in my hand and turned to the busty blonde next to me. I was, once again, reminded why I hated clubs. Lots of girls wearing close to nothing and all of the boys seemed interested in just one thing: looking at s. I shrugged to myself and moved to the second floor until I had a vantage point that allowed me to see all 5 boys with no effort. I sipped my water and it wasn't until about 12:30, after being there for an hour, that I saw the first sign of trouble. Seungri was still dancing, but the ring of girls around him was larger than before. He saw me and caught my eyes. He nodded a couple times and made a "come here" gesture with his hand. I took that to mean that my rescuing skills were necessary. Unfortunately, I had no idea how to get him out of there.

I downed the last tiny bit of water left and headed towards the middle of the floor, brain working on overtime the whole way. It took a bit of wiggling, some shoving, and one or two glares before I finally made it to the center. I stood and crossed my arms, staring at Seungri until he stopped dancing and the girls around him noticed as well. "Seungri! You have to get pictures, remember?" Get pictures? I thought to myself. English, Nikky! It is your first language, now use it! When he didn't respond I let out a harumph and reached towards him, grabbing his arm. "Sorry ladies. I have to monopolize him for some..." oh shoot, what was the word? Oh, right! "... publicity shots." I smiled at them as I turned. "He'll return later, I promise!" I said, not meaning a word of it. I kept pulling him behind me until we got to the table at which point I let his hand go and turned to smile at him. He grinned back and went to go hug me, but I put up a hand. "Not now, alright? Otherwise those girls," I nodded to the center of the dance floor, which was back in full swing already, "might get the wrong idea."

He grinned and nodded. "Oh, right," he said sheepishly. He flopped down at the table and let out a sigh. "Man, I am tired." He put his hands behind his head and turned to Top, who happened to be by himself for the first time that night. "Top-hyu~ung, did you see me dancing earlier?" Top nodded and smiled, answering with "Ye." Seungri then glanced at me and winked. "Hyu~ung... did you see Daesung-ssi and our noona dance?" I blushed and looked away, only to hear coughing. I turned back to see that Top had apparently just taken a sip of whatever he was drinking and inhaled it. Seungri was patting him on the back, trying to help him clear his airway.

Top finally stopped coughing and looked at me, then back at the dance floor to Daesung. "Ye..."

Seungri prodded him a little with his elbow. "Aaand...?"

The tall, mint haired man turned and stared at me and I stared back, not willing to allow myself to lose a staring contest, even if it was against an idol. Finally he smiled, well smirked would be more like it. "She danced alright. It made our Daesung-ssi happy. That is important." As much as I wanted to give him a small glare for implying that I was not a good dance, which truthfully I would have to agree with, he shared the same sentiments as I did when it came to Daesung. I was trying to think up a response when Seungri's eyes brightened.

"Ah! Hyung!" He grinned over my shoulder and I turned to see GD walking towards us. He smiled then walked past me before reaching out and clasping Seungri's hand.

"Ah, Maknae! I see you had fun." He laughed as Seungri shrugged. But he let go of his maknae's hand and instead turned to Top. I heard the word Hyung, but the rest of the sentence was Korean, so instead I turned to Top, hoping to find out what was going on due to his expression. He looked bored and shook his head, but GD kept talking and made a few gesturing out to the dance floor and towards the DJ. Finally, Top looked thoughtful and asked a single question. GD smirked and answered with a "Ye..." to which Top smiled. He managed to get up from the table and clasped a hand on GD's shoulder before the two left, headed towards the platform.

I turned to Seungri, who was grinning, and poked his shoulder. "What is going on?"

He looked at me confused before he came to his senses. "Oh! GD-hyung challenged Top-hyung to a rap battle. In English." I don't know how, but I managed to keep my jaw from dropping. I knew that both boys could rap in English, but freestyle? In a language other than Korean? This... I kinda wanted to see. At that point the music cut off and Seungri stood up, grabbing my hand with his and dragging me towards the dance floor. I started to protest until I looked up at the platform and saw that Top and GD were currently on it, along with the DJ. When we got to the edge of the dance floor, I managed to wiggle my hand out of Seungri's. He turned back to me, but I just waved him forward with a smile. I knew he was going to try and get close, but I was perfectly content right there on the fringe. I could see, and yet I wasn't being squashed by people.

The DJ was in the process of explaining what was happening, but it was a little difficult to hear. I made out that each of the guys introduced themselves, T.O.P and G-Dragon, and then he asked the crowd if the wager should be the usual. I saw both guys their heads, confused, but the crowd just started screaming. I wanted to ask what the usual was, but the DJ was already laughing and affirming the rules. I could tell that neither guy knew what the wager was either, but it was too late to turn back now. Without any further ado, apparently the battle began.

The two boys went back and forth, and it was actually very entertaining, since they both seemed to have a good control over English and were managing to not only sound amazing, but make fun of each other at the same time. The battle lasted for about two minutes before the DJ cut them off, the crowd cheering to the point that it was near impossible to hear the DJ. He said that it was time for judging, and held his open hand towards GD. The applause was loud, but when he held his hand towards Top, screams were added and it was easy to tell who the winner was. I had a feeling it had to do with Top's voice as well as his rapping abilities, but that was just my guess.

The DJ made a quieting motion towards the crowd and then I heard his voice. "So, are you ready for your prize?"

Top looked around confused for a minute before he turned to the DJ. "Umm... what is it?" The crowd roared in laughter at that.

A smile spread across the DJ's face. "Why... a kiss! From any girl here!" He gestured towards the crowd and I saw Top's face turn slightly red. GD, on the other hand, was having a hard time standing from laughing so hard.

"Ah..." Top said, before raising a hand and shaking his head. "No no no, that is okay." Of course, the crowd did not like that. What seemed like a thousand girls started chanting "me! me! me!" and a thousand more started chanting "kiss!". Top looked from GD to the DJ, but both simply gestured to the crowd, laughing. I, unfortunately, was laughing too. The terrified look mixed with Top's "I'm trying to be cool and y" look was interesting, and the flustered way he was looking around just added to it. It was then that his eyes locked on mine and he smirked. I looked around and behind me, but when I looked back I saw that Top had left the platform and was walking through the crowd. But not towards me, right?

Wrong... I stayed where I was, arms crossed, until he reached me and held out a hand. I just looked at it and raised an eyebrow, which of course brought a new round of laughter from the club goers. I glanced back at the table and saw Hae Jung making a "go" gesture at me so, with a sigh I uncrossed my arms and put my hand in his. He pulled me close and whispered to me "Sorry, but it is just on the cheek, right?" I nodded and followed him as he led me up on the platform.

I glanced at GD who sent me a wink, followed by a laugh, and I couldn't help but glare slightly. Looking out over the crowd, I also saw that Daesung, Taeyang, and Seungri had gathered, and they all seemed just as amused as GD. They each gave me a thumbs up, and it took all of my will power not to make a face.

We stopped in front of the DJ who clapped and asked if the crowd was ready. They cheered, which I took to be an affirmative. At that moment, Top turned me towards him and put his hands on my shoulders. I looked up at him, but when he started to lean in, I closed my eyes and turned my cheek towards him. I heard the crowd laugh again, followed by a few words from the DJ, which were drowned out, and then a few words in korean. I was wondering what was going on when I felt my chin lightly grabbed. Opening my eyes I looked up into Top's eyes and saw him whisper sorry before he kissed me, lightly, straight on the lips. Instinctively I closed my eyes, but just as soon as it happened it was over. I opened my eyes again, saw how close Top still was and instantly stepped away, blushing as I looked down at the platform and rushed back to the table. There were cat calls and cheers, as well as applause, and a few more words from the DJ, before the club was filled with dance music and talking once more.

I sat next to Hae Jung, who smiled at me. I just looked at her before I crossed my arms on the table and buried my head in them. What. Just. Happened?!?!