I Just Want To Be Invisible

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

 

"You coming to lunch?" Ssungri asked me as we walked out of homeroom. I still couldn't get what TOP had called me out of my head. He was right, though.
 
So even the thought of sitting near him at lunch made me choke up. I shook my head. "I think I'm going to go to the library and work on my homework. I'm not hungry."
 
"You sure?" Seungri asked as we approached the hall where I would turn left and he would go right. "I can bring you something."
 
I shook my head. "No. That's okay, Seungri. If anyone asks, just say I'm studying. Thanks, though."
 
We parted, and I walked over and into the library. Not many students were in there, and I was relieved. So many people had heard or seen Saturday night, so I had gotten stares and whispers all day.
 
I sat at a table and put my binder and books down. Since we were allowed to have phones during school, I took mine out and clicked on my pictures. I started scrolling through them, smiling at the pictures I had of my little siblings making funny faces, feeling pissed off at the few selcas of Siwon and I, and I felt my heart ache when I saw other selcas of TOP and I, when everything was okay. There was one where we're were smiling, another where we had on sunglasses, and my favorite which used to be my wallpaper: I had my tongue sticking out with one I squinted shut, and TOP made his eyes big and innocent while his mouth was open in a small o shape, like he was clueless. 
 
Why did I even think for a second that Siwon was better than him?
 
"Emma?" I heard someone say quietly.
 
I immediately shut off my screen on my phone and wiped my eyes, since I realized I had been crying. I looked up, and then sighed, frowning. "What?"
 
Siwon sat down across from me. "You haven't returned any of my calls of texts..." he said sadly.
 
I nodded and sniffled. "I know."
 
"Are you okay?"
 
"Does it look like it?" I asked sarcastically. "What do you want?"
 
"Listen, I know you liked Seunghyun better than me. I've known it all along. But, please listen to me. My heart shattered when I saw you so hurt from him Saturday night. I wanted to do nothing but protect you. I tried telling Seunghyun it was all my fault, and that you belong with him. But he didn't listen. I just don't like seeing you like this, you know? You need to be happy, even if it isn't with me."
 
I shrugged. "Okay, well I pretty much messed that up."
 
"I'm sorry, Emma. I really, truly am sorry. And I want you to know, I'm here for you with whatever you need. A shoulder to cry on, a word of advice, a friend to be around... Whatever it is, I'm here."
 
I shook my head. "It's bad enough TOP won't talk to me. If he sees we're still around each other, that'll make things worse."
 
Siwon shrugged. "Well then he isn't a good person if he doesn't want to see you happy. Just... Do me a favor, okay?"
 
"What?"
 
"Come to the idol-off Saturday. I like seeing you at them. It'll cheer you up. I like seeing you smile."
 
"Who am I supposed to go with now? And don't say you." I frowned.
 
"I heard Minho spoke to you. Go with him and your brother. Just be there. You never know what song Seunghyun and the boys could sing." 
 
"They'll probably sing something like "I hate you"." I muttered.
 
Siwon shrugged. "Who knows. Emma, I wasn't going to say this, but I am now. No one is worth that many tears and they show no sympathy for you. You don't deserve to be treated like that. All humans make mistakes. And I know one person that would treat you like a princess, which is how you should be treated."
 
With that, Siwon gave me one more small smile, and left.