Hospitalization is So Much Fun! Not...

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

 n the emergency room, Mason and I were both cleaned up and stitched up. We both needed stitches on our foreheads, and I needed some on my leg from cutting it when I fell. I also had to get an x-ray for my arm and my ankle, since that hurt too.

Mason seemed to be alright. He had a bandage on his broken nose, and his eyes was pretty swollen, but he was better than me, which I was thankful for.

While we were waiting for my x-ray results, Siwon, Minho, Mrs.and Mr. Choi, Ayden and Alexa, and my mom came bustling in. I shook my head immediately. "No. Get her away. She doesn't deserve to be here." I said, looking at my mom.

"Emma, just let me explai-"

"NO!" I shouted. "Look what you let happen to us! Mason could be dead if Dad would have hit him in the right spot! You let this happen, and then you deny it! What would have happened if he would've went after Alexa or Ayden, huh?! Would you deny it if he ever hit them?! You are not a mother to them. You are not a mother to us!"

"Emma, just calm down. This isn't healthy for you." TOP said calmly.

"None of this is healthy for me!" I screeched. "I could have a broken arm and ankle because of Da- Jason! Mason probably has a really bad concussion, and one of his eyes are swollen shut. It breaks my heart to see that Ayden and Alexa have to see this. And I don't want them to deal with this anymore. I swear, I will get a lawyer and take custody of them if that's what it takes."

"Emma, please be rational. You are just angry. Please, I can't lose my children. I... I think I've made up my mind. I'll leave your father if that's what it takes for you to trust me again. We'll move back to Florida." Mom tried.

"Now you want to take me away from the people who care about us?" I sneered. "I haven't even known Mr. and Mrs. Choi for twenty-four hours and I know they care about me more than you or dad ever have. And the guys take care of us like they've known us forever. Minho always is there for Mason and I, and he was the one who got everything situated when we ran away. Siwon is always by my side first thing every morning at school, and he makes sure I get to my classes okay, he helps Mason with anything in football, and I'd anyone hurts any of us, he'll repay the debt. Did you not see him lunge for dad when he pushed me off the porch? And Top, he's there no matter what. When I went to Daesung's, he was there to clean me up. When I came to get the kids, he was there to help me pack and drive away. When we went to his house, he was there when I needed to talk. He always makes sure Ayden and Alexa are okay. And that's what is most important."

I felt my eyes cloud up and I pointed to Ayden and Alexa. "If dad ever had a gun, I would take a bullet for them without a doubt. I would take a bullet for Mason. But you wouldn't, and that's not how a mother is supposed to be."

"Emma, just calm down and listen to me. I'm leaving your father, okay? We'll manage without him. If you want to stay here, okay. Just please come back home."

"How are you going to stay away, huh? You're his secretary. He has no where else to live. He won't accept a divorce, because he needs his punching bags."

"Well, then we'll move out. We'll find a new home. I'll get a new job. We might not be able to have the nice things we once had, but-"

"Mom, just stop, okay? My head hurts really bad, and I want to stop talking about this." I touched my head.

"Do you need more pain medication?" Siwon asked immediately. "I can go-"

I pointed to the IV in my arm. "No, I'm okay."

"Maybe it's best if we go talk in the waiting room, yes? Come on, children." Mrs. Choi said.

"I'll stay with them. I do have a few routine questions to ask." Mr. Choi replied.

"I wanna stay with Emmy!" Alexa ran over to me, and to the left side of my bed.

Wrong move.

She put her hands on the edge of my bed and lifted herself up, in the process hitting my hurt ankle. I gasped out in pain and sat up immediately, and TOP and Siwon both scrambled to get her off. Siwon got there first, even though TOP was sitting in the chair between Mason and I. "No, Alexa. That's her hurt ankle. The doctors need to keep fixing her. Why don't I take you down to the cafeteria so we can get some ice cream?" Siwon suggested.

"Okay." Alexa sighed. She looked at me. "I'm sorry, Emmy."

"You're fine." I smiled weakly. "Go ahead with Siwon. Mason and I are fine."

Siwon, Emma, Minho, Ayden, Mrs, Choi, and my mom left. Mr Choi pulled up a chair by my feet between Mason and I.

Mr. Choi signed and rubbed his face. "I've dealt with abuse issues, but never one like this..." he looked at us. "By the looks of your faces when it was going on, and how you acted, I'm guessing this has happened before? Emma, you immediately told the guys to take the kids away, and Mason, you were instantly out on that porch."

I nodded. "Since I was fourteen or fifteen. It's because he has a drinking problem, well, that's what we thought."

"How many times has it happened?" 

I looked at Mason, trying to think. "Uh... Four or five times?"

"Four or five? You just mentioned the two last night." TOP pointed out.

"Let's see." Mason sighed and counted on his fingers. "Dad shoving you into the wall. Dad breaking my arm. Dad throwing the plate at you. Dad pushing me into the sliding glass door. Dad slapping you when he saw you kiss Ethan on the doorstep. Dad punching me when I had a bad basketball game. Dad pushing you down the stairs when you took a while getting ready for school. Last night to both of us. Earlier today, too. That's six for you, five for me."

"Oh my." Mr. Choi sighed, and nodded. "Do you have any proof of this?"

I looked at Mason. "Do you still have it?"

TOP looked at us. "Have what?"

"Whenever something would start to happen, we would tape it. We were going to turn him in back in Florida, but then we moved." Mason explained. "We have me getting pushed into the sliding glass door, and Dad slapping Emma."

"The glass door shattered when Mason fell through it. It was so bad." I sighed.

"I still have the USB drive with the videos, I'm sure." Mason added.

"If you wouldn't mind, I would like to review those videos for in case there is a case, we have sufficient evidence."

I nodded. "Okay. We can get it for you. They are graphic though, especially the one with Mason. He was so bloody."

----------------------

Turns out, I broke both my arm and ankle. We both had concussions, too.

Mrs. Choi persuaded my mom to let Mason, the kids, and me to stay a few more days, and I was thankful for that. Mr. Choi was going to file a lawsuit against my dad.

I had to use crutches, which I was used to by now. So when TOP and Siwon hurried over to help me when I was standing, I waved them off. "I've done it before."

We checked out, and they helped us to Siwon's car, since he drove separately because he knew we would need two cars.

"Emma, why don't you and Seunghyun drive with Siwon? We can take everyone else in the minivan." Mrs. Choi suggested.

I nodded. "Okay."

We got to his car. "Do you want to sit in front or in back?" Siwon asked.

"Back. I can stretch my leg out." I nodded.

TOP took my crutches from me, and Siwon helped me into his car as TOP put my crutches in the trunk.

When I was in, they got in. "Umma and Appa will stop at the pharmacy and get your pain medication after we settle at home." Siwon explained.

I nodded. "Sounds good. I'm sorry... about being a cripple."

TOP laughed. "Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault, Emma."

At the Choi home, Siwon helped me out of the car, and TOP handed me my crutches. Alexa was immediately at my side when she got out of Mr. and Mrs. Choi's mini van. We walked up the steps, and into the house.

"So, Mason still has Minho's bunk bed, so he can stay in there. There's the inflatable mattress in your room, right, Seunghyun?" Mrs. Choi asked.

TOP nodded. "For Emma and the kids."

"Can I just say, I don't think Emma would be comfortable sleeping with the kids. With her casts now, she needs her space." Siwon said.

I sighed. Not again...

"I agree." TOP nodded, to my surprise. "She has two casts, and a concussion. If the kids hit her head on accident, it would hurt."

"We have another inflatable mattress, Umma. Do you think we could set it up in the study? No one ever uses that room, and it's right across from me and Seunghyun just in case she needed something." Siwon suggested.

"That's not a bad idea. Okay. Go set it up." Mrs. Choi nodded.

"I'll go make room." Siwon told TOP.

"I'll go get the mattress." TOP nodded.

They left. Mr. Choi chuckled. "It's been a while since they've gotten along this well."