Together

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

 

We got to the diner around the same time the group did, but they had gotten there before us. For some reason, I couldn't stop smiling. Here I was, going out with friends, being driven by the guy I liked, hell, the guy I loved. It was perfect. It was how any girl should spend her Friday night.
 
TOP and I got out of the vehicle and walked into the diner, side by side. No arm around me, no holding hands, but that was okay with me. I was with him. We were speaking. We were both single.
 
We walked into the diner, and heard a "Emma! Top!" It was G-Dragon waving us over to the usual corner booth.
 
TOP and I both walked over, and I slid in next to Seungri, TOP next to me. This all seemed so familiar.
 
"So, give us the verdict." G-Dragon said, eyes zeroing in on me and TOP.
 
"The verdict on what? What we're getting to eat? Because I'm hungry and I'm leaning towards-" TOP smiled slyly.
 
"Are you single?" Daesung blurted, looking at me.
 
I snorted and started laughing. "Wow, blunt much?" I calmed down and finally nodded. "As of about ten minutes ago, yes. I am officially single."
 
"Are you sad?" Minzy asked. She, Bom, and Dara met everyone here.
 
I shrugged. "I'm okay. It needed to be done."
 
"Good. I agree." CL said.
 
I sighed and looked over TOP's shoulder at the menu. He was being suspiciously quiet. "What are you getting?"
 
"Probably a shake and a burger or something. Wanna share fries?"
 
"You know it." I nodded. "I'm actually really hungry."
 
TOP looked at me, smirking. "Let me guess.... Mint chocolate chip shake, chicken strips wih ranch on the side, and fries."
 
I smiled brightly. "You know me so well."
 
TOP chuckled, and I bit my lip and went to grab my wallet. Did I even have enough money?
 
TOP sighed and grabbed my arm, knowing what I was doing. "You know not to do that when we go somewhere. I got it."
 
I looked at him, embarasssed. "I didn't know you were going to..."
 
TOP's hardened expression hardened even more as he glared at me, still holding my arm. Why was he so mad?
 
It was quiet at the table, and I could tell everyone was nervously watching us. I gulped and felt my cheeks heat up. How could I apologize for offending him?
 
I saw TOP's mouth twitch, and immediately a sly grin popped onto his face. His eyes softened, and he started laughing. "You are so easy to fool!"
 
I gulped, and I felt my cheeks grow even redder. What the hell?!? I was speechless, so all I managed to do was hit his arm. "You jerk! I thought you were legitimately mad!"
 
TOP laughed and jerked away from my hits. "You are just too easy to pass up! I couldn't help it!"
 
I wiped away the tears that had escaped my eyes. I was actually kind of mad. I thought I ruined us again. "I really thought you were mad. You made me want to cry.... Jerk." I pulled my arm away from him and crossed them in front of my chest. I bit the inside of my cheek.
 
I felt TOP look at me, his eyes growing dark with concern, his forehead creasing with worry. "Are you okay?"
 
I shook my head. "Just when I thought we were good, you scared the crap out of me because I thought I screwed up again."
 
"I'm sorry." TOP said quietly.
 
I kept my eyes on the table.
 
"Are you mad?"
 
"Yep." I said simply.
 
"I'm really sorry. You just are easy to tease. And it's cute when you're embarrassed." TOP leaned closer and lightly touched my arm.
 
"We'll I don't like thinking I made you mad." I said curtly.
 
"But you didn't. You make me happy all the time. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." TOP leaned down even more, his face centimeters from mine. But I didn't look at him. He needed to be nervous a little bit. Make him sweat.
 
"Will you forgive me? Please?" TOP pouted, pressing his forehead against my temple since I wasn't facing him. 
 
I rolled my eyes and turned to face him. "Stop being a jerk. Seriously. I don't like that kind of teasing when you act angry."
 
"I'll stop that. I don't want you to think I'm ever mad at you. I could never be mad at you. I'm sorry."
 
"Apology accepted." I said, finally looking at him in the eyes. His face was really close to mine now.
 
TOP smiled. "Thank you." He quickly pecked me on the lips.
 
"Awww!" The whole table erupted in squeals, except for Seungri, who was imitating gagging and throwing up. I reached over and socked him in the arm.
 
The waitress came over and took our orders, and Taeyang leaned on his forearms on the table. "So what is going on with you both now?"
 
I looked at TOP. He looked back at me, then Taeyang, and shrugged. "We know how we both feel about each other. Isn't that enough?"
 
"Are you going to make it official?" Dara asked us.
 
I was about to open my mouth to say I'd like to, but TOP spoke. "Why? We know how we are. I don't see why everyone else has to know."
 
This made me furrow my brow. What was with him? He was acting all macho.
 
I looked at him. "What the hell is your problem?"
 
TOP looked at me innocently, his arm around my shoulders. "What?"
 
"You." I said. "What about all that talk and speech you gave me? We both like each other, so why not show it?"
 
"I just don't see why others need to know our happiness." TOP said back simply.
 
I shook my head. "That doesn't mean anything. We're happy. I want people to know I'm yours. Because I'm happy I'm yours."
 
TOP bit his lip worriedly. "I'm not used to this."
 
"You dated me, pabo. How can you not be used to this?" Bom frowned.
 
I sighed, speaking first. "It's fine. I can wait again. For whatever reason he has." I slumped down in my spot.
 
TOP groaned and put his head in his hands. "Why do I screw everything up?"
 
I looked at him, confused. "Everything's fine, Top."
 
"No it's not. I'm making you sad. You're the one I want to make happy." TOP looked at me. "I've never been in love before, so these feelings are kind of scaring me. I'm not one to show feelings like that."
 
"It's true." G-Dragon nodded. "Before you came he never showed emotion."
 
TOP turned to me. He leaned closer and put his arm around me. "You know how I feel. I'm in love with you, and it's weird for me to say that out loud. But I really do. I am going to hate dropping you off at home tonight, because that means I won't be with you. I guess... I just need to man up. If you want to make it official, then yeah I'll do that. Just let me adjust."
 
-----
 
"I didn't want to do this..." TOP winced as we got up to my door. It was about 12:30 in the morning. No lights were on. My mom knew I was safe.
 
"Come over tomorrow." I said. 
 
"You mean later today?" TOP chuckled.
 
"Yeah." I giggled. "Just... Lets hang out here. I won't be comfortable at your house."
 
"I know." TOP nodded. "I'm sure Alexa and Ayden will be happy to see me."
 
"For sure." I smiled.
 
TOP smiled and put his arms around me, connecting his hands together at the small of my back. "Can I just say I like how I can openly do this now?"
 
I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love it too." I ran my hand through his really short black hair. "I really like this look. It suits you. I really like the little faux hawk thing, too."
 
TOP smiled. "Thanks. I got it done this afternoon after school."
 
"We'll I love it." I smiled.
 
"And I love you." TOP said back, his eyes smiling.
 
I leaned up to kiss him, but I suddenly got blinded by headlights pulling into the driveway. TOP parked in front of the house, so his SUV wasn't in the way.
 
We both looked over. "That's my mom's car." I said, confused. There was someone in the passenger seat, but I couldn't make out who.
 
"Who's with her? Did she go out on a date?" TOP asked.
 
I shook my head. "Not to my knowledge."
 
Mom put the car in park, and I squinted when she turned off the headlights. I let go of TOP's neck, and slid my arms down slowly. My hands landed on either of his arms as I watched. Something wasn't right.
 
"Emma..." TOP said as he watched my facial expression darken. He looked back at the car.
 
No. It couldn't be.
 
The drivers and passenger doors opened. Mom saw me immediately. "Hi, honey. I was hoping you'd be sleeping or still be out."
 
"Oh, , no." TOP said. His grip tightened on me.
 
"I need to get the kids." I said immediately, opening the door. TOP let go of me and followed me inside.
 
"Emma? Emma, wait!" I heard Mom call back at me.
 
"Why is he here?" TOP asked as I ran up the stairs. He followed.
 
"Why do you think I would know?" I said shakily. I opened Mason's bedroom door. He was asleep in bed, a book on top of his chest. "Mason. Mason, get up. Please." I hurried over and shook him.
 
Mason groggily sat up. He was shirtless. "Why are you and Top in my room?"
 
"We need to go. Now. Get Alexa."
 
Mason grabbed his cutoff and threw it on. "Why?"
 
"Emma, wait. Stop." Mom said in the doorway.
 
I spun around, and froze. TOP instinctively stood partially in front of me, reaching back and grabbing my hand. Mason gasped and backed up to his wall. It looked like he wanted to break through. I was frozen with fear.
 
Standing behind my mom, face disheveled and bags under his blue eyes, glasses on the top of his blond hair, was my father.