The Diner

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

"That was so awesome!" I squealed as TOP, Big Bang, 2NE1, and I walked out to our cars after the battle. "I can't believe you and 2NE1 won! And that was your and G-Dragon's debut? And you won?! Oh my gosh!"

"Someone's fangirling a little." Daesung smirked.

I looked at him, confused. "Fangirling?"

"Going crazy and obsessed over an idol. But we aren't idols so you aren't." TOP told me.

"Hey, she can fangirl over us! She can be our little groupy. Isn't that what you call it in America?" G-Dragon smirked. He put his arm around my shoulders.

I blushed. "Um... well..."

"Stop embarassing her." TOP sighed. He looked at me. "Are you riding with me, then?"

I nodded, and G-Dragon let go of me. "You took me here."

"We'll meet you guys at the diner, then." TOP said. We headed off to his SUV.

We got in. TOP spoke. "The diner we go to is supposed to be like an American diner. It has burgers and sahkes and stuff like that, so you shouldn't feel out of place."

I nodded. "I haven't gotten used to any of the food here. Like, what we had for lunch? The little boxes with rice and vegitables and meat... We never had that in Florida."

TOP shrugged. "I've neer had like real American food. I've never had real America pizza, or spagetti... I've never even had a taco. What even is that?"

I gasped and turned into my seat to look at him. "Are you kidding me?! A taco is the best thing in the world!"

He smirked. He must have been amused at my expression. "I really haven't. And you are in Seoul, Korea, but you've never had Korean food. Are you kidding ME??"

I laughed. "Well, next time there's taco night at my house you are coming over and eating. Your brother actually had authentic pizza with us a few nights ago."

TOP's smile faded instantly, and his eyes turned cold again. "Siwon was at your house?"

I shook my head. "No. Minho was. He's friends with my brother, remember?"

TOP sighed. "So Minho was over for Mason?"

I nodded. "Yep."

TOP nodded. "Good. Good."

We pulled up to a restaraunt, and we both got out. Big Bang and 2NE1 were already outside, waiting for us.

"About time!" Taeyang joked.

TOP smiled a little, and I shrugged.

We walked in and were seated at a circular booth. I was between Seungri and TOP. I looked over TOP's shoulder at the menu he had. "Wow. Even the menu is in English?"

TOP nodded and put the menu in  between us. "Yes. And you don't need money."

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Because I'll pay for you." TOP simply said, keeping his eyes on the menu.

I glanced around. Everyone was gawking at TOP, who was clueless. CL looked at me, smirking. She pointed at TOP and I, then put her hands in the shape of a heart.

What? No! I quickly shook my head at CL.

I looked at Dara and Daesung, who had started giggling, and acting cute to each other by wiggling their shoulders at each other, Dara tapping Daesung on the chest with her fist, and Daesung puffing out his cheeks, smiling, and putting the peace sign up to his face. They pointed at me and TOP and laughed.

"Oppa!" Dara laughed.

TOP popped his head up. "What?"

Everyone busted out laughing. I was so confused. What was going on?

"Nothing." Dara giggled.

"What's oppa? Is that your nickname or something?" I asked TOP.

"It's what you should call Top!" Minzy snickered.

TOP sighed and shook his head. "It's what girls call older men. Especially if they are flirting and like them. It technically means 'older brother' but girls flirt with it."

"Like how boys call older girls noonas. And I like noonas." Seungri winked at me.

"We're the same age." I said slowly.

Seungri shook his head. "You are five months older than me. So you're a noona."

I looked at TOP. "Do I want to know how he knows that?"

TOP shrugged. "Probably not."

I shrugged and I went to go take my jacket off, but TOP stopped me by putting his hand on my arm. "If you have a tank top under that, I suggest you keep your jacket on, or else you'll get cursed at by some ajummas."

"What? Why? What are ajummas?"

"Ajummas are old ladies. And in Korea, it's kind of inappropriate to show shoulders. No one really cares from this generation, but the elderly do."

"Oh." I nodded. I kept my jacket on.

We all ordered just snack foods, me and TOP got fries and shakes, and everyone else got something of the same variation.

While we waited for our food, TOP leaned back and put his arm across the booth seat. Minzy and CL snorted, and I blushed. So I decided to change the subject. "So how long have you guys been doing this?"

"We've been doing it since eight grade." G-Dragon explained. "The girls started their freshmen year."

"Do you guys have a lot of songs?"

Taeyang nodded. "We do. A lot of good ones, too,"

"Hey, I have an idea!" Seungri said excitedly, clapping his hands once. "Let's say a song, point to someone, and they have to sing a verse from it." He pointed at Taeyang. "La La La!"

Taeyang cleared his throat. "naega manguhn jeoktteon gane
nareul shireohaedo sanggwan anhae
modu hadun ireul meomchugo
jamshirado nawa jeulgyeoyo.
"

"Now Taeyang, tell someone to sing something." Seungri continued.

Taeyang pointed to Daesung. "Lies."

Daesung sat up. "I’m so sorry but I love you da geojitmal
Iya mollasser ijeya arasseo niga piryohae." He pointed at G-Dragon. "Haru Haru.
"

G-Dragon leaned forward. "Yeah
Nega eopshineun dan harudo mot sal geotman gatatdeon na
Saengakgwaneun dareugedo geureokjeoreok honja jal sara
Bogo shipdago bulleobwado neon amu daedap eopjanha
Heotdwen gidae georeobwado ijen soyong eopjanha.
" He clapped once and pointed to TOP. "Hands up!"

TOP nodded. He sat up and sprung into action. ": Aseru na,
Sono toki ga kuru no wo matsu
I see now
Mizukara sessatakumashi genzai shinkouchuu
Ponponpow what about chu ponpondown
Let’s work it, let’s work it, let’s work it now.
"

"Wow!" I exclaimed. "You guys are just... wow!!!" I leaned back against the booth.

TOP smirked and put his hand across the booth again. "I know. I'm awesome."

Our food came, and we both sat up. G-Dragon scoffed when he saw me and TOP had only one basket of fries to share. "Are you kidding me? Yah, Top-ah. Dangsin-eun geunyeoleul joh-ahaji anh-a lago hajiman geuttae , negai wa gong-yu twigim eul haeyahanayo? jigeumjinsil-eul malhae. dangsin-eun geunyeoleul silh-eo hageona haji masibsio?" (Translation: you say you don't like her but then you go and do this and share fries? Tell the truth right now. Do you like her or not?)

I had no idea what he said, but I could tell he was talking to TOP. TOP bit his lip, the only nervous thing I had ever seen him do, and he shrugged. "jeoneun geunyang daechung jal doelyeo guyo ? ne, geunyeoneun gwiyeobda. geunyeoneun jeongmal ippeu neyo. geuligo johneyo. hajiman Siwon ui do geunyeoleul chugyeog myeongihoega eobs-eoyo. geulaeseo sikiji anh-eulkke ." (Translation: I'm just trying to be nice, okay? Yes, she's cute. She's really pretty. And nice. But I know I don't have a chance if Siwon's going after her, too. So I'm not going to try.) He sighed and spun his straw in his shake. "gedaga, ulineun ilju-il miman dong-an seolo algo jinaen sai . geunyeoneun i na-ege hogam-eul gajil su eobs-seubnida. geuligo geunyeoga Siwon leul joh-ahaeyo al su issseubnida.." (Translation: Besides, we only have known each other for less than a week. She can't possibly have a crush on me. And I can tell she's attracted to Siwon.)

I looked at anyone for help, but they all were zoned in on TOP and G-Dragon.

G-Dragon sighed. "geunyeoga Siwon eul joh-ahaneun gyeong-u , geunyeoneun jigeum geuwa geoya. geunyeoneun anieyo. geunyeoneun dangsingwa hamkke iss-eoyo . dangsin yeop-e anj-a . dangsin-eun geunyeoui uija uidwilo pal-eul neoh-eo haejunda. geunyeoneun gamjeong ui iljong eul gajigo issda." (Translation: If she likes Siwon, she'd be with him right now. She's not. She's with you. Sitting next to you. Letting you put your arm around the back of her seat. She has to have some kind of feelings.)

I elbowed Seungri in the side. "Uh, a little help? What are they arguing about?"

Seungri shook his head. "I don't think they would want me to translate."

TOP shook his head. "It doesn't matter, okay? If I thought it could happen I would have jumped at the chance. But I don't think it will."

"What happen?" I asked TOP.

G-Dragon sighed and crossed his arms. "Never say never, Seunghyun."

CL looked at me. "We need to have a little girl friend chat later." She told me.

"No you don't." TOP shook his head quickly.

CL looked at TOP. "Yes, we do. We are going to."

I nodded at CL. "Okay."

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I had a text from an unknown number.

hi, emma. this is siwon. i hope you dont mind. i got your number from mason... i just wanted to say you looked very pretty tonight. i wish we could have been together more tonite too. if u wud like to i was wondering if maybe sometime i could show u around seoul? since ur new here and everything, i thot itd be fun to show u around. just let me kno :)

I looked at the message again and again. Was Siwon asking me out?

I glanced at TOP. He was spinning his straw around in his shake still, and he looked... not happy. I cleared my throat. "Hey, what are you doing tomorrow?"

He looked at me, surprised I said anything. "Uh... I don't I'm doing anything. Why?"

I casually leaned forward and shrugged. I took a sip of my vanilla shake. "I might be making tacos tomorrow night. Since I said next time I make them you need to come over, maybe you should tomorrow."

"Maybe? So what if you don't?"

I shrugged. "Then you'll just have to eat whatever I make." I glanced at him and smirked.

He tried to hide a smile. "Alright, I guess. I'll come over."

I smiled and sent Siwon a quick text:

that sounds fun, but maybe some other time? I have plans already....

So maybe I didn't have plans when he asked me, but TOP looked like he needed some cheering up.