Sundays Are Full of Surpises

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

"Are you sure you don't want to go with, Emma?" Mom asked as she picked Ayden up from my lap. "It is supposed to be fun."

I shook my head and curled my feet up under me. I looked at the book I was reading. "I went to the tower last night with Siwon. And I promised Mason we'd shoot some hoops when he got home from Kyuhyun's. They're working on a literature project."

"So Siwon is the oldest brother?" Mom asked.

I shook my head. "They have a brother that's out of high school."

Mom nodded. "Oh. So you hang out with Siwon and Seunghyun?"

I looked at my mom and shrugged. "They're both friends. Why can't I hang out with either one?"

Mom shrugged. "I don't know. I just find it... Interesting that both have taken you out on a Saturday night, and paid for whatever you did. Don't they know?"

I frowned and groaned. "I don't know! God, Mom, since when do you have to play 20 questions and be in Mom mode? Just go with the kids with dad and have fun."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Just... We'll be back in a few hours."

"Bye." I said, looking back down at my book.

They left, and I shut my book and watched as my dad and mom helped Ayden and Alexa into the car. Alexa looked so happy, and she had every reason to be.

They pulled out of the driveway, and I sighed and flopped back onto the couch. Since when did my mom think she could ask about my personal life? She had no right at all. She was never around. I could do whatever the hell I wanted.

After a few minutes, I heard the doorbell ring. I looked out to window. There was a black jeep in the driveway. What?

I got up and readjusted my pink cut-off shirt and lime green shorts. I was definitely in bright-color mode today, because I had a bright turquoise sports bra on and my finger nails were painted neon orange. I walked over to the front door and opened it.

I was surprised to see Minho on the other side. "Oh! Minho! Um, Mason isn't here right now. He's working on a project with Kyuhyun."

Minho nodded. "I-I know. He told me when he got back we would play some basketball. I can just come back later--"

I shook my head. "No no no. Just stay. He should be back soon. I'm supposed to play basketball with him, too."

"Really?" Minho asked. "Cool."

I looked outside at the hoop in the driveway. "Do you... Do you want to just go shoot some hoops now?"

Minho looked over at the basketball hoop, too. He shrugged, then nodded. "Alright."

"Just let me go get my shoes and I'll be back." I turned around and ran upstairs. I slid on a pair of black Nike calf-socks, and grabbed my black Adidas  basketball shoes. I hurried back downstairs, slid on my shoes, and Minho and I walked out to the driveway.

I quickly grabbed a basketball from the garage and tossed it to Minho. "Guests first." I smirked.

Minho smiled shyly, lined up, and did a jump shot. It banked into the hoop.

"We doing change?" Minho asked, going to a different spot.

I rebounded the ball and nodded. "Yup. Take your shot." I bounce passed him the ball and tightened my ponytail, which I wore with a bright purple headband.

Minho was at about the three-point line, and shot it. It hit the rim, but didn't go in. "Oh, too bad." I fake-pouted, grabbing the ball. "My turn."

Minho laughed as I did an easy lay up. "Oh yeah, anyone can make a lay up."

I looked at Minho after grabbing the ball. "Are you challenging me, Choi Minho?" I raises one eyebrow and popped my hip out slightly.

"Do you accept my challenge, Emma Moore?" Minho smirked back, finally not seeming shy. He was so cute.

"Alright." I nodded. "Top of the key. Check it." I dribbled the ball up to the top of the key and bounce-passed it to Minho. He passed it back, and I dribbled it, keeping one up arm for defense. I loved a little one-on-one b-ball.

As soon as I got packed when going up for a jump-shot, I knew this was going to be tough.

We played intensely for a good forty-five minutes. Nothing but the sound of the basketball hitting the pavement, our shoes squeaking on the ground, and our heavy breathing. It was tied, and I lost track of count. But I knew it was tied.

Minho was definitely competitive. I could tell he didn't want to lose.

We were both hard-core sweating, and Minho looked cute sweaty. His bangs were matted to his forehead. Sweat ran down his face.

It was hot outside. And Minho definitely looked hot and somewhat y (geez, what is with me and thinking sweaty guys are y??)

I had the ball, and I was dribbling right in front of Minho. Our eyes were locked, and he was trying to guess my next move. I think he was betting I'd go left, since i was left handed.

"Next point wins." I panted.

"Alright." Minho nodded.

I faked left and went right. Minho stayed with me, and I turned again, my back to his front. I had my stance low, so my was in his gut. My skin tingled from being so close.

I faked one way, ran up to the top of the key, and went to do a lay-up. Minho was lagging behind me.

Just as I was about to go up for it, Minho let out a breathless "No!"

I felt his arms wrap around my waist, and I squealed. "Cheater!" I laughed.
Minho laughed, kept me off the ground, and spun me around. "No one wins against me!"

He lost his balance, and I squealed again when we both fell.

Minho landed in the grass, turning so I landed on top of him. We were both laughing loudly, and rolled in the grass until he ended up on top of me.

"You are such a cheater!" I fake-pouted, punching him in the chest.

"I couldn't let you win!" Minho laughed, his white teeth gleaming.

Our laughing faded, and so did our smiles. We were really close to each other. He was on top of me.

"You are so sweaty." I giggled, pushing back his damp hair.

Minho smiled mischievously and shook his head. Sweat flew off his face, and I squealed again. "Wow!!" I laughed. I thought he was supposed to be shy, but this Minho was definitely attractive, too.

Minho chuckled, and our laughing faded again.

Minho bit his lip slightly, and I saw his glance lower to my lips. He locked eyes with me again, and I gulped. That look...

He leaned forward a little bit, and I lightly bit my bottom lip.

Like going in a slow-motion push-up, he lowered himself more by bending his arms.

I gulped. He was so nice, so good-looking. So what if I barely knew him? Mason knew him and liked him

When he was close enough, I put my hands on the back of his neck and leaned up to close the distance.

Our lips met, and fire ran through my veins. The kiss was light and timid, but then we both relaxed.

"Emma! You home?" I heard someone call.

Mason!

I gasped and broke the kiss. I rolled out from under Minho and we both sat up. I coughed and stood, Minho standing immediately as well. I straightened out my shirt.

I ran to the driveway. "Hey, Mase!" Mason was walking up the driveway. Oh my God, did he see us?!?

"Hey, Emma! Been practicing hard?" Mason asked, looking at my sweaty appearance.

"Oh, yeah, I-"

"I found the ball." Minho said, walking over with he basketball.

"Oh, yeah, good!" I nodded, playing along.

"Minho?" Mason asked. "You're early."

I nodded. "He-he came over so we jus went outside and we played a one-on-one game. And..."

"And Emma won." Minho confirmed, playing along. "She's really good."

"Yeah she is. Ready for another round with me?" Mason asked, setting down his book bag on the porch.

"You guys have fun. I'm... I'm gonna go inside and cool off." I nodded. I glanced at Minho, and I felt my skin heat up. "See ya."

As I grabbed Mason's book bag and headed for the door, I heard Mason say "Dude, you have grass stains on your back and grass in your hair. What happened?"


I ran inside without another word.