There's a Fine Line Between Nice and Annoying....

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

"Good morning, beautiful." I was greeted that way by Siwon Friday morning. He was leaning against the locker next to mine, and was wearing his usual uniform pants, but a grey and blue football jersey with it. The jersey was number 21, and was tucked in.

I was in no mood to be called beautiful, though. I had a paper about our Biology Two lab to finish while skyping with TOP so we could work together last night, and we didn't get done until two in the morning. I had to wear a dirty uniform because no one did laundry, and there was a hole in the calve of my tights. My hair was up in a messy ponytail, and my bangs were down. I also only had a tiny bit of eyeliner on.

So I actually snorted when Siwon called me beautiful. "I think you have the wrong girl." I shook my head as I opened my locker.

"No, it's the right girl. Emma Moore. From Florida. Height, five foot ten, green eyes to get lost in, a smile that could blind someone... yeah, you're the right girl." Siwon smiled.

I yawned and took out my folders from my back pack. "Well, she's not in the best mood today, so... yeah..."

"Long night?" Siwon asked, facing me.

I rubbed my eyes and nodded. "Stupid Bio 2 essay. Top and I were up until two... it better get us an A."

"I thought I heard Seunghyun talking last night." Siwon nodded. "Do you need anything?I can buy you a coffee at the school cafe' if you would like."

I looked at him. "A coffee would be great, actually. Mom and Dad drank  the last of it this morning."

After I grabbed my books, Siwon took them from me. "Come on, then. My treat."

"Thank you so much." I  sighed after shutting my locker.

We walked down the halls. and it seemed everyone was looking at us. Siwon waved at a few of our classmates, and I smiled weakly at Taemin when I saw him at Minho's locker with Minho.

We walked up to the cafe kiosk, and Siwon ordered two coffees. I was leaning against a stool while Siwon waited, and I saw TOP trudge over.

He saw me and yawned. "Trying to get some liquid energy, too?" he asked, smirking sleepily.

"You have know idea." I groaned, covering my face. "I am so flipping tired. That paper better get us an A or I swear...."

TOP laughed. "You're smart. You know we got an A. Want me to buy your coffee?"

"Um, actually-"

"Hey, Seunghyun." Siwon smiled when he walked over to me.

TOP eyed the two coffees in Siwon's hands. "Oh. Guess you already have one."

"Were you going to buy a coffee?" Siwon asked TOP. He held out his cup. "Here. Take mine."

TOP shook his head. "I can buy my own." he looked at me. "I'll... I'll see you in Bio, Emma."

"Bye." I waved and watched TOP go.

"I heard he went over to your house." Siwon nodded after he handed me my coffee.

I nodded and took a sip. "Uh... Yeah. He did. I told him I'd make him tacos because he's never had them. Now he owes me."

Siwon nodded. "That sounds fun. Are we still on for tomorrow night?"

I nodded. "Mason is volunteering to watch the kids. I just have to make dinner for them before we go. Mason can't cook at all."

Siwon chuckled. "Mason seems like a pretty cool kid, though. He tries so hard in practice, it's really impressive. He is a really good football player."

I nodded. "He is really cool. I swear, he helps me with anything I asked. I'll tell him to go load the dishwasher, and he doesn't argue. He offered to watch the kids so I could go out with you."

"So your parents are really never home, are they?"

I sighed and shook my head. "Not until eleven or midnight most nights. And they leave for work when or before we leave for school."

Siwon sighed. "That must be really hard... My mom is always home. My father, he works for a company, but he is still always home for dinner. The only one that's really gone is Dong Wook."

"Seven." I said, taking a drink of coffee. "I know. Top talks about him a lot."

Siwon nodded. "They are really close. I like seeing them together."

I looked at Siwon. "Why do you guys not like each other?"

"Me and Seunghyun? We like each other. We just don't get along."

"Why not? You both get along with Minho."

"A small part has to do with the fact I aspire to work for SM, and he wants to work for YG. Another thing is, which I think is a really dumb reason, is the fact that Bom... Had a crush on me when they were dating. And... Something happened that I am still ashamed of today."

I looked at him. Was he one of the experienced brothers, then? "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"Seunghyun and I were really close up until last year. We got along really well. He and Bom started dating, so I was really happy for them. I was dating Jessica at the time. So, naturally, Bom would always be at our home. I would be nice and say hi, but I never realized Bom began to have feelings for me until... Well, I didn't think Seunghyun saw, but I guess he did.

She wanted to cook for Seunghyun and it was going to be a surprise, so he wasn't home. I walked by the kitchen on my way to go shower after baseball practice, and she was on her toes struggling to get a bowl from the shelf. So I walked in to help her. She didn't know I was there until I reached  behind her and grabbed the bowl. Our hands touched, she jumped and turned around, and our eyes locked. Bom, she's a really attractive girl. She wears circle lenses, so that makes her look like a doll.

So... I couldn't help myself. I had just broken up with Jessica, too. So... I kissed her. She kissed me back. We heard the front door open and shut, so we immediately stopped and stepped away from each other. He came into the kitchen. I guess I should have noticed he did look upset, but I just thought he was tired. He broke up with Bom that night." Siwon sighed. "Every day I regret that evening. I've tried to apologize to him so much, but he just shrugs and says whatever."

I looked at Siwon, shocked. "You.... Bom cheated on Top with you? His own brother? I never thought you would be like that."

Siwon  rubbed his face. "I know. I feel so terrible. And what makes things worse, Bom and Seunghyun are still around each other. So he has to feel that hurt everyday. Not many people know about it. None of my friends do. I think Jiyong might know because he's Seunghyun's closest friend. But I don't want many people to know. They can't know. I have that reputation of being the big man on campus."

The warning bell rang. I looked at Siwon. "Well, your secret's safe with me. I need to get to class. I'll see you later, okay? Thanks for the coffee."

-------

I was in line for lunch with Minzy when I saw Siwon once again. He grabbed a tray after I grabbed mine. "Hey, Emma." He smiled.

"Hey." I sighed. I looked behind him. "Hey Kyuhyun. Donghae."

They both smiled at me. Siwon nudged me. "Hey, why don't you come sit with us today? I won't take no for an answer."

I looked at Minzy, and she shrugged. "I guess I'll talk to you later." She paid for her lunch and left for the usual table. Everyone glanced over at me.

I cleared my throat and looked at Siwon. "Uh... Okay."

I paid for my lunch, as did everyone else. Siwon led us to the SM table, where Ryeowook, Sungmin, Shindong, and Eunhyuk were already sitting. Siwon set his tray down next to Shindong, and I put mine between his and Kyuhyun's.

"Emma! What's up, babe?" Shindong nodded coolly at me. "Nice to see you chose the right table for once."

"She can sit where she wants." Siwon smirked.

"Yah, Siwon-ie." We heard a girl say behind us. We turned around. Jessica was with her group at the table next to ours, and she was glaring at me. "What's SHE doing here?"

"I invited her to sit with us." Siwon shrugged. We all turned back around. Eunhyuk clapped his hands and smiled. "Hey. Siwon-ah! We're almost done with that rap we were writing. Wanna hear my part?"

Siwon shrugged and took a drink of his Vitamin Water. "Alright. Go ahead."

Eunhyuk sprung into action. "ja, deureo gab nida baksu hanbeon juseyo
nuga mworae do, biju eori god, sang we kwon il pereu No.1 igo
kkoripyo cheoreom dalgo saneun bijueol gasu, TV nawatda hamyeon sonyeo deureun
bonbang sasu bogo itna? Choi Siwon?
"

Everyone started laughing, and i had no idea why. All I understood in the rap was Choi Siwon.

"It's good." Siwon nodded.

I looked at Eunhyuk. "Are you guys gonna rap at the next competition?"

Eunhyuk shrugged. "Only a few of us rap. Me, Shindong, Donghae, Leeteuk, and Heechul. We might."

"What we need to do is win another competition. It's the third time in a row we haven't won." Shindong said.

"Really? Who's won?" I asked.

"GD&TOP last time, before that it was Big Bang, and before that was SHINee." Sungmin told me.

I nodded. "Well, seeing you guys perform last time, you guys are really talented. I don't see why you wouldn't win. But I have to admit, GD&TOP deserved it."

Everyone just stared at me. Siwon nodded. "I'd have to agree. You know, every debut does deserve to win, so they feel good."

"Yeah, I mean, we're definitely winning next time. They might as well have gotten the pity win and get it over with." Donghae shrugged.

"Pity win?" I scoffed. How could they say that?

"Guys, come on. They're Emma's friends. And they deserved it." Siwon told them.

Shindong shook his head. "No they didn't. They're too hip-hop. Too gangster. It's old."

"Hey, now. Let's be nice. This is the only success they'll get in their lives. We all know they'll flop in the big leagues." Eunhyuk shrugged.

"Um, last time i checked, they're doing well. And Top actually was featured in one of Seven's songs." I said, frowning.

"Yeah, just because Top and Seven are brothers." Donghae scoffed.

I looked at Siwon. "You're going to let them talk about your brother like this?"

"They're just joking." Siwon shrugged.

I looked at him. "Well it isn't funny. Jessica's right. I don't belong here." I got up and walked out of the cafeteria.

"Emma!" I heard Siwon call after me. I ignored him.

How could he let those guys say such mean things about Big Bang? Top was his brother!

"Emma. Emma wait." Siwon said. He lightly grabbed my arm.

I spun around. "You sounded like a jerk. Your friends sounded like jerks. How could you let them insult your brother like that? I would never let anyone talk about Mason behind his back. I'd stand up for him right away. But you didn't."

"We were just having fun." Siwon shrugged. "We're all frustrated we didn't win."

"Then try to fix it because apparently you did something wrong and Big Bang did something right." I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't know that would make you upset. I don't want you to be mad at me." Siwon said sadly.

I sighed. "I'm not mad. I'm just... shocked you would let them do that."

Siwon shrugged. "It's just, when you compete against someone and you lose, you always blame the opponent before you realize it was your own fault. And, now we're competing for more than singing, you know?"

I sighed. "Well blaming others doesn't help you win anything."

Especially not me.