Lab Partners

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

"Hey.... You... Uh... New girl." I heard someone say as I awkwardly stood at the front of the class, looking for a vacant seat.

I turned around to see a Korean girl with dark eyeliner, and blonde hair with bangs looking at me.

"Yes?" I gulped nervously, unsure why she called to me.

"You can sit here." She smiled, pointing to the spot in front of her. "He doesn't have a partner."

I nodded and walked over to that stool. I put down my books on the table and sat. "Thanks..." I hesitated because I didn't know her name.

"Chaerin. My friends call me CL." she held out her hand.

"Emma." I nodded, taking her hand. Her eyes were a little wide apart and small, but she was really pretty. "Emma Moore."

A smaller girl put her books next to CL's spot. She had a rounder face, and shoulder-length dyed dark grey-green hair with bangs that covered her forehead. On her it looked really pretty.

"Minzy, this is Emma. The new girl. Emma, this is Gong Minji." CL said to the girl that sat down.

"Hey." Minji smiled, taking my hand and shaking it. "People call me Minzy."

I smiled and stayed quiet.

"Can I just say something?" CL asked, looking at me.

"Uh... Sure?" I said, confused.

"Your eyes are really green and you are probably the prettiest foreigner I've seen. Like, really."

"Thanks." I giggled, covering my mouth.

"You again?" A familiar deep voice suddenly mumbled. I heard books clatter loudly on the lab table and I jumped.

"Yah, Top-oppa. Be nice to Emma!" CL frowned.

I gulped and looked to see my new partner.

TOP sighed and sat down next to me. "Well, at least I won't have to do experiments by my own now. You're smart right? I looked at your records when Siwon had them and it said you were the top of your class since kindergarten."

I shrugged."Y-yeah.... I am I guess...."

"Good enough for me." TOP shrugged. He opened up a notebook. "I at this."

"Oh..." I said quietly, looking down at my hands in my lap.

"Why do you mumble " TOP asked suddenly. "That's all you do is speak quietly. Is that how people in America talk? From the shows I've seen Americans are supposed to be loud and love fried food. And you don't seem like you like fried food either. You are from America, right?"

"No." I shook my head, my face growing red. "I mean, I am from America. It's just..."

"She's nervous. It's her first day. Give her a break, oppa." Minzy sighed.

"Sorry." TOP mumbled, putting down his head.

I sighed and took out a pink pencil that had feathers on top of it.

"Ooh, cute pencil." CL commented.

"Thanks." I smiled. "I got it back in Florida before we moved."

"So you're from Florida?" TOP asked, putting his head up. "Isn't it sunny there?"

I nodded. "Yes. I loved it."

"I only like the sun when I can wear sunglasses. Otherwise, it's too hot." TOP commented.

"Top, you wear sunglasses when it's night time. That's no excuse." CL pointed out. She turned back to me. "So do you have any siblings?"

I nodded. "Two brothers and a sister. Mason is sixteen, Alexa is four, and Ayden is nine months old."

"That's a big ." Minzy commented.

I nodded. "My parents had me and Mason when they were young. Then, my dad's company began to do really well so they focused on work. We never saw them much when we were kids. We had nannies until we I was twelve. Today, instead of nannies, Alexa and Ayden get Mason and I. We watch them when we can, which is really often. I'm just glad we're pretty much raising them instead of a stranger."

"I have three brothers." TOP nodded.

"Really? Who else?" I asked, trying to look him in the eyes. His stare was too intense, though.

"You met Siwon, a.k.a. Mr. Perfect. Then there's Minho, who's like a clone of Siwon. He's sixteen. And my oldest brother Dong-Wook."

"Seven oppa." Minzy sighed dreamily.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Dong-Wook's nickname is Seven. He is actually a singer at YG Entertainment. He's twenty four." CL explained.

"Oh." I nodded.

Class started, and I was relieved today was the day to start the new chapter, so I didn't miss anything. I kept my pencil moving on my paper as I took notes on the lecture.

"Your handwriting is extremely... Clean." I heard TOP comment at my cursive script.

"Thanks... I think." I said quietly back, side glancing at him.

The first overall impression I got from this guy was he was rude. Yeah, I still think he is, but something... Intrigued me about him. His eyes were (dare I say) y, and his physique was built but not too much. His black hair barely covered his eyebrows, and as he wrote, he would flick his head to get it out of his eyes. There was something about him, though. Something I couldn't quite understand.

I caught him staring at me, and I blushed and looked down.

"Wait, look at me again." TOP said to me.

"Why?" I asked, cautiously looking at him.

He squinted, then nodded. "Iris surgery, right?"

"What?"

"Your eye color. That can't be real."

"It is..." I nodded.

"I don't believe you." TOP said simply. He looked back down at his notebook and kept writing down notes.

"Alright." I said, confused. What the heck?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I just wanted to apologize about my grammatical errors or spelling errors in my chapters. I just hate proof-reading and I like publishing chapters as quick as possible. But I can start proof-reading now. I will.

Anyways, what do you all think? Comments? Please comment! Updating soon!