We Can't Keep Doing This...

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

 

"No! No no no!" Mason shouted, terrified.
 
I clung onto TOP's hand. "Mom. Mom, I'm leaving. We aren't staying here if he's here."
 
"Emma, just let me explain." Mom sighed. Dad kept his eyes on the ground.
 
I shook my eyes. "No. Why is he out of jail?"
 
"Bail until the court hearing." Mom explained softly. "Now, keep your voice down or you'll wake up the kids."
 
"That's exactly what I want to do! I'm getting them and we're going to Seunghyun's." 
 
"Mrs Moore, I know it isn't my place to say but I don't think my dad would be too happy if he saw this." TOP said calmly, gripping my hand tighter.
 
"Oh, your father doesn't mean ." My Dad growled behind my mom.
 
TOP's body tensed, and I saw his eyes darken. I spoke. "Mom, we can't stay here. I can't believe you let him come back. After everything he did!"
 
"Emma, he's still you father! He is a par of our family! Everyone makes mistakes." My mom tried.
 
"Not abusive ones!" Mason shouted.
 
I glanced to my lower left, and saw TOP discretely texting on his phone. The person he was sending it to said DAD. The rest was in Korean. He pressed the send button, and I watched it send.
 
"Emma, just let us talk. Come downstairs." Mom sighed, stepping forward, causing my dad to step forward.
 
"No!" I shouted. "No! I will not talk to him. You can't make me, mom. You can't make me stay, either."
 
"You are not-" mom started.
 
"Momma?" I heard Alexa say from her room. My mom and dad both looked that way, turning enough for an exit from Mason's room. I didn't take a second thought.
 
I ran out of there and down the hall to Alexa.
 
"Emma!" My mom shouted back.
I opened Alexa's door, and hurried in towards my little sister, who was sitting up in her bed.
 
"Emmy? What's going on?" She asked.
 
"We're going to stay the night at Top's again, okay? I need you to come here." I picked up Alexa, and turned around. I jumped when I was facing TOP, not expecting him to be right there. I quickly handed him Alexa. "I'm getting Ayden."
 
"My dad and the police are on their way." TOP said as he followed me.
 
"Emma Lynne Moore! Stop!" My dad roared, heading towards us. My mom was still by Mason's room.
 
"Mason! Shut your door!" I shouted as I dipped into Ayden's pulling TOP and Alexa in before shutting the door so my dad couldn't get us. I locked the door.
 
"Emma! Damn it open the door!" Dad shouted as he pounded on the door.
 
"Why is Daddy home? He's scaring me!" Alexa cried, cowering in TOP's arms.
 
Ayden woke up crying from the noise. I picks him up. "We need to get out." I told TOP. "Your dad needs to hurry! I am not staying here with him!"
 
Pretty soon, we heard sirens. I saw police cars pull into the driveway from Ayden's window. The door was unlocked, so I heard them open it. 
 
"Police!" I heard someone shout.
 
"Dad!" TOP shouted near the door so they knew where we were.
 
"This is so unnecessary!" I heard my mom exclaim as police came up the stairs.
 
"Jason Moore, you are being under arrest for violation of a restraining order." I heard TOP's dad say, then a click.
 
"This is ridiculous!" My mom exclaimed.
 
"Mrs. Moore, if you don't stop arguing with the police I'm going to have to put you under arrest to for endangering you children."
 
TOP opened the door, and he covered Alexa's eyes in the process. I held Ayden's head to my shoulder.
 
"Seunghyun, take them to our home. I contacted your mother and she has everything ready." Mr. Choi said as he handed my dad off to another officer.
 
TOP reached back and took my hand, and Mason stepped out of his room. We hurried out of the house, despite my mom's begging for us to stay.
 
We all got into TOP's SUV after I grabbed Ayden's carseat.
 
I sighed as TOP pulled out of the driveway. "We can't keep living like this... We just can't..."
 
TOP reached over and put his hand on my knee. "We'll figure something out, Emma. My mom probably has some ideas."