It'll Be Okay

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" My dad shouted in my face.

I looked behind my dad at Mason and the kids. "Mase, go!!" Mason turned and ran with them.

My dad glared at me. "You are so useless. You will amount to nothing in this world! I mean, look at you! You're talking to three brothers at once. You're a and a !" my dad raised his hand and slapped me.

I stumbled back, and tried to run away. Dad caught me. He slapped me again, and I fell. I shielded my face immediately. I felt kicks all over my body as dad cursed me. This wasn't a father. This man didn't deserve to be called Dad.

"Stop, please!" I begged.

"Stop?! You dare to tell me to stop?!" Dad yanked me by my hair and pulled me up.  I immediately looked around for Mason and the little ones. They need to be safe.

Dad caught on what I was looking for. "Oh, so you think they deserve a little bit too? Come on, then. Let's show them what you think." he grabbed my wrist tightly and we started down the hall.

"Dad, no! Please!" I begged. I was motionless as we found my siblings in a corner.

Dad stepped closer to them.

"Dad, no!"

The kids cowered. 

"No!!!"

----

"No!.....Please, No!.............Stop!!"

"Emma! Emma!" I heard someone say my name frantically. I realized I had been flailing in bed. I jerked awake.

The light was on. TOP and Siwon were in my room, TOP by the door, Siwon sitting on the edge of my bed, his hand on my shoulder. He had woken me up.

Thank God.

"Emma, calm down." Siwon said.

I finally realized I was crying hysterically. "My Dad... He got to them... I couldn't stop him..." I sobbed. I crumpled forward, and Siwon caught me. I didn't even care he was shirtless again.

"Ssshhh. Emma, It was only a dream. The kids are asleep in Seunghyun's room. Mason is in Minho's room. You're fine."

"I'll go get you some water." TOP nodded. He left the room.

I wiped my eyes with my good arm. "It was so real.... I felt like he was hitting me. When he went after them I.... I..." I started crying even more.

Siwon rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head. "It's okay. We all have nightmares. But you're awake. You're safe now. Your dad can't get to them."

I nodded.

TOP came back in and handed me a glass after Siwon let go of me. "Thanks." I croaked, taking a shaky sip.

"You gonna be alright?" TOP yawned.

Siwon nodded for me. "She's fine. I got this. Go back to bed. You need it."

TOP gave me one last look; nodded, and walked back to his room.

When the door shut, I put the glass on the table next to my bed and pushed back my hair. "I don't know if I can go back to sleep..." I looked at the clock. It was two in the morning. "Oh my God. I'm so sorry I woke you."

Siwon smiled. "It's fine. Don't worry about it at all, okay?" he started to stand. "You're okay, right?"

I nodded. "I... I'm fine...."

Siwon nodded. "Good. I'll see you in the morning." He started out of my room.

Before he shut off the light, I spoke. "Wait."

Siwon turned back to face me. "What?"

"Would your parents... Kill you if you happened to fall asleep in here? I'm sorry, but after that nightmare being alone isn't on my top to-do list."

"Are you sure? I can go get Seunghyun if you prefer him-"

I shook my head. "Let him sleep. Unless you don't want to be in here, and I would understand."

"No no no." Siwon shook his head.  He walked Ito my room. "Of course I'll stay in here. Whatever makes you feel safer." Siwon turned off the overhead light. My table lamp was still on.

Siwon walked over to the other side of my bed, and lifted the blanket up. He slid in next to me, and I naturally scooted closer to his body.

"Part of me wants to go to school tomorrow, and the other part is absolutely terrified. I yawned as Siwon put his arm around me.

"You and Mason will be fine. We'll protect you."

-------

My mental alarm clock went off two hours before we had to get to school. When I opened my eyes, I realized Siwon still had his arm around me, holding me close, and my head was on his chest, one arm draped over him, too.

  I immediately sat up. Why didn't I realize how terrible this looked until now?!

I always slept in a cami and boy shorts, and both the straps of my cami were off my shoulders. Siwon slept without a shirt on. It probably looked like we both weren't wearing anything if someone stepped in and saw us!

Siwon didn't wake. He just to his stomach and slept. That was fine with me. 

I quickly got out of bed and grabbed my uniform clothes. I sighed when I realized I probably couldn't wear my tights because of my cast. Just great.

I walked into the bathroom, which was across from Minho's room. I shut the door, and started the shower. Hopefully I wouldn't wake anyone, but I didn't want to get in anyone's way of their daily routine. I managed to shower best I could, and then I towel-dried my hair and wrapped my towel around my body. I brushed my teeth and went on to brushing my hair. I heard the doorknob click and turn.

  Let's just say I didn't freak out as much as the other guy did.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" TOP jumped, immediately turning around to not face me. "I didn't know you would be up this early. I am usually the first one up and... Mianheyo."

"It's fine." I shrugged. "I'm used to being barged in on. I used to live in a house with five other people, remember? So I always make sure I'm wearing a towel." I laughed weakly. I did feel slightly embarrassed, and I always used humor when I was nervous. I noticed TOP was wearing a loose tank top and sweats, and his back looked sweaty. "Where were you?"

"Running." TOP said, still not facing me. "I-we have to to be in shape for YG. I'm the one who needs the most work."

By the looks of the muscles in his arms and shoulders, that was hard to believe.

"Oh. Well, I'll just change and get out of your way."

"You can just do your hair in my room. The kids were still sleeping when I left."

"Okay." I nodded. TOP was still frozen. I chuckled. "Hey, Top?"

"Yeah?" "Can you shut the door please?"

"Oh!" TOP snapped back to reality. "S-sorry." he walked out and shut the door behind him.

I shook my head and quickly changed into my uniform. I walked out of the bathroom and to TOP's room. He was grabbing his uniform. "Bathroom's all yours."

TOP nodded and passed me without even making eye contact with me. It wasn't that weird walking in on me, was it? I had a towel on. It's not like I was completely exposed.

Why wasn't I more embarrassed than I should be?

Ayden and Alexa were still asleep peacefully, and I would wake them up and get them ready when I was done doing my hair. I blow dried my hair and straightened it, then did my makeup. I could hear more movement in the house. Everyone was probably awake.

I hobbled over to the kids, on my crutches. I sat down and lightly touched Alexa. "Lex, time to get ready for school. Wake up."

Alexa stirred and opened her eyes. "Emmy? You going to school, too?"

I nodded. "I sure am. Now, let's get you ready, okay?"

Alexa got out of bed, and I picked out her uniform for her. She put it on sleepily, and then walked back over to me. I bushed her hair, and put a headband in it. "There you go. When there isn't anyone in the bathroom, you need to brush your teeth."

Alexa nodded, and there was a knock at the door.

It opened, and Mrs. Choi poked her head in. "Good morning." She smiled. "I just wanted to check on you all."

"We're fine." I nodded. "Ready for school. I'm just not sure how I can pick up Ayden..."

"I'll take him." Mrs. Choi walked in and picked up my baby brother. He was still asleep. "Does he go anywhere?"

"He has daycare." I nodded.

"I can watch him today, if you'd like. It'd be fun to have him around the house."

I stood and grabbed my crutches. "That'd be great. Thanks."

I did not want to go to school today at all.