Chapter 2-Someone likes you....

My One and Only

As soon as I got to KARA's dorm, I quickly went into my bedroom to change clothes.  I took off my t-shirt and Hara knock on my door.  "Just a minute."  I said.  I slid on a purple tank top and open up my door.

"You're finally home." Hara said.

"Yup, but I'm leaving in a little bit." I replied.

"Already?  Where are you going?" ask Hara.

"Key wants to hang out and celebrate Shinee's win with me." I shyly said.

"Oh...Key only wants to celebrate their win with you?  I see how it is..." Hara said with a little hurt.

"Did you wanna come with us?" I ask.  I could tell she was hurt. 

"No...he just wants to spend time with you...I don't want to be the third wheel." Hara said smiling.  "Besides, my man Junghyun is gonna call me.  I don't want to miss his calls.  It feels good to be in LOVE!"

I laugh at her and said "Well, I'm happy you're in LOVE. I hope it will last for a very long time."  I gave Hara a hug and smile brightly at her.

DING DONG!

"I'll get it," said Hara.  "Its probably Key."

Hara ran out of my room and I shut my door to change my jeans.  I look at myself in the mirror, my purple hair match my purple tank top with my plain white jeans.  I fix my hair and grab my purse.  As I walk out of my room, Key was in the living room chatting away with Hara.  Key look at me and smiled.  "Hey baby.  Are you ready to go?"

I laugh and said "Yup.  Let's go!  I'm hungry!"

Key laugh and said "Aren't you always?"

"Bye Hara!" Key and I both said.  We walk out of the dorm and started walking down the streets of Seoul. 

"You look really nice today." Key said shyly.

"Thanks Key!" I said happily.  I notice his face grew red but he quickly turn his head away.

Strange...why was he acting like this?  "So, where do you want to go eat?" ask Key

"Hm...how about some chinese food?" I suggest

"Chinese food sounds good to me." said Key

"Congrats to you guys for winning number one on Inkgayo!" I said playfully pinching his cheek.

"Thanks...but it was tough.  I thought for sure 2am or Shinhwa was gonna win." Key said.

"You guys deserved it!  Good performance by the way." I said.

"Thanks...um...Nicole..." Key said trailing off.

"Yes Key?" I ask.  I look at him and for some reason he seem to be in a deep thought.  He isn't himself...what is bothering him I thought.

"Ya Key...you can talk to me.  It's me Nicole.  What's up?  Why are you acting like that?  Is there something wrong?  Are you feeling okay?  Did something happen?  Are you..." I ask

Key started laughing "Whoa....slow down Nicole.  One question at a time.  I can't understand you when you're talking so fast like that."

I giggled.  "Why are you acting like that then?  Spit it out.  We tell each other everything, and I sense that something is bothering you."

"Is there anyone that you're interested in right now?" Key ask.

That question blew me off guard.  I stared at Key for a minute with a blank expression on my face.  I didn't know how to answer him.  Should I tell him that I have been thinking about him 24/7?  Should I ask him what he thought of me besides being his best friend?  "Well Nicole?  Are you interested in anyone?" Key ask again.

I shyly laugh and said "Why do you ask?"

"Just answer the question" he demanded.

"No" I said.  But I felt like kicking myself for not telling him the truth.  I think if I were to confess to him how I felt about him, I wouldn't be able to accept rejection. 

A smile appreared on Key's face and all he said was "Was it that hard to answer me?  Come on, let's go inside."

I realized that we were standing outside of the Chinese resturant and nodded my head.  I follow Key and he open the door for me.  What a gentlemen!  That was one of the things I like about Key.  He knew how to treat a lady.  We were seated in a booth by the window and I look outside realized that spring was almost here.  The flowers on the trees outside were starting to bloom.  I look at Key and gave him a big smile.  Hm...was it me or did Key just blush?  I look at him again, and sure enough his face was red.  "Are you okay Key?"

"I'm fine, why?" he ask.

"Why is your face all red then?" I question him wih a smirk.

"Ya....its just hot in here....that's all.  We "MEN" get hot often....unlike you girls who are always cold." Key said trying to cover up.  

I giggled and said "Hey, its not our fault that you guys have more meat than us."

"Nicole?!  Kibum?!" a voice shouted.

Key and I look over his shoulder and saw Dongwoon and Jaejin.  I smile and scream out "Dongwoon oppa!  Jaejin oppa!"  I waved my arms like crazy motioning them to come sit with us.  There was a frown on Key's face, but he managed to smile and said "Hey guys!"

As Dongwoon and Jaejin approach our table, I quickly got up and hug Dongwoon and Jaejin.  "What a surprise!  Did you guys eat yet?  Wanna have dinner with us?" I ask without realizing that Key was glaring at me.

"Hell yeah!" said Jaejin  "Move over Kibum!"

Key force a smile on his face and move over to make room for Jaejin.  I move all the way over to the window and made room for Dongwoon.  Dongwoon sat next to me and lightly pinch my cheek and said "How is my Cola doing?"

Key who sat across from me eyes suddenly got wide but didn't say anything.  I giggled at Dongwoon and replied back "I'm doing good!  I'm so happy that we all ran into each other!  Its such a great reunion even though we just saw each other a couple of days ago!"

"Yea...but that was in Thailand.  We are all back home in Korea!  Home is the best place to be." said Jaejin.

"What brings you guys here?" question Dongwoon.

"I wanted to celebrate Shinee's win with Nicole" Key said finally speaking.

"That is so cruel man.  Celebrating with just Nicole....my feelings are hurt." Jaejin said pretending to be sad.

"Yeah....what's up with that?  Hogging Cola just to yourself?" Dongwoon added.

"I thought the both of you were busy, that's why I didn't invite you guys." Key said truthfully.

Honestly Key just wanted some "Alone" time with his best friend, but Dongwoon and Jaejin had to interfere.  It wasn't that he didn't enjoy their company, he just wanted to get an honest answer from Nicole.  But with his 91-liner friends here, he didn't feel comfortable asking Nicole in front of them.  Ya...what is wrong with him?  He never acted like this.  Am I falling for my best friend?  If I were to confess to her, would she feel the same about me?  I secretly knew that there were a couple of 91-liner guys that like Nicole more than just a friend.  With Nicole's bubbly personality, who wouldn't want to date her?  She was very thoughtful, kind, sweet, competitive, a good cook, friendly, and gosh....the list could go on forever.  Why is it that whenever there are other idol men around her, I feel like I'm being threaten or feel like she pays less attention to me?  Am I jealous of my friends?  Am I being selfish for wanting Nicole (my best friend) to myself?  What is this feeling?