Chapter 11-Space

My One and Only

It was 3:00am and I was tossing and turning.  I could not sleep at all.  After explaining everything about Key and Dongwoon, my members were all shock.  What shock them the most was when I told them that Key kiss me unexpectedly in public.  Gyuri and Hara wanted to call up Key and scream at him, while Jiyoung and Seungyeon thought that Key kissing me on the lips was romantic.  I made my group members promised not to stick their nose into my business, and that whatever happens between Key, Dongwoon, and I to please keep their mouth shut. 

I pull my phone out of my purse and remembered that I had put it on slient because at that time I was talking to Dongwoon in his car.  I ended up getting 10 new messages.  One was from Dongwoon and the rest were from Key.

Text message from Dongwoon: "Your cute and lovely face melts my heart. Have a good night and please remember what I said to you." 

My heart skip a beat after reading his text message.

Text message from Key: "Baby, why aren't you texting me back?"

Text message from Key: "I'm sending out a search party to find you!  Are you okay?"

Text message from Key: "I really LIKE you Jung Nicole!"

Text message from Key: "I'm so SORRY for kissing you like that in public.  Will you forgive me?"

Text message from Key: "I know you must HATE me right now, and I'm sorry for acting like a jerk.  Can I call you?"

Text message from Key: "I'm sorry for everything!  I wanted to confess my feelings for you....but Dongwoon beat me to it.  I acted like a jealous monster and lost my temper...I'm so sorry...."

Text message from Key: "Please....text or call me....I'm going insane!  I don't want to lose you!"

Text message from Key: "No matter what happens in the future...I will always be your best friend...I don't care if you are mad at me for the next 30 years or not wanting to talk to me...I will always be here for you...I am so ashamed of myself...I'm so SORRY Cola!"

Text message from Key: "Have a good night Tweety...sleep tight and PLEASE forgive your foolish best friend."

My heart seem to be in so much pain after reading all of Key's text messages.  Should I call him?  What about Dongwoon?  Should I take Nana's advice and hang out with both of them and see who I like more?  I knew I was going to regret this, but I had to follow my heart.  I took a deep breath and started texting Key:

Text message to Key: "Meet me outside in front of KARA's dorm in 20 minutes." 

I hit the "send" button and waited for his reply.  Within a few seconds, my phone started vibrating.  I look at my phone and Key text back saying:  "I will be there in 10 minutes...wait for me."

I got up from my bed and grab my purple fleece hoodie on the ground and headed out the door. 

"Yah!  Where are you going?!" question Gyuri.  I jump up and turn around.  Damn...she scared the hell out of me!  Calm down heart....calm down.

I took a deep breath and said "I am meeting up with Key.  Don't worry...I told him to come and meet me here outside of KARA's dorm.  I promise not to go anywhere...I need to straighten things out with him....trust me please."

Gyuri eyes grew wide open and shouted "WHAT?!  After what he did to you?  Are you insane Nicole?"

I ran up to Gyuri and covered up with both of my hands.  "Shhhhhh....don't wake everyone up uniee!  Please...." I begged.

"Fine...but I will be watching you guys...I don't trust him anymore...if he tries to lay a finger on you...I'm gonna give him a scar on his pretty with my ten inch heel." threaten Gyuri.

I giggled and quickly gave her a hug.  "Thank you uniee....I promise it won't be long."

I walk out the door and stood outside waiting for Kibum to show up.  What should I say to him?  A million questions were going through my mind...and all of a sudden someone tap me on my left shoulder.  I jump up and turn around and found myself facing Key.  His eyes were blood shot red...he look like he had been crying his eyes out.

"Hey Nicole....sorry...did I scare you?" he said giving me a small smile.

I nodded my head yes to him...damn...why can't I say anything?  What is wrong with me?  We kept staring at each other not saying one word.  Key seem to be thinking the same thing and he finally said "I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SORRY.  I feel like a jack- and I honestly don't know what came over me...I'm very sorry Cola....I-I-I think I'm falling in love with you....I'm falling in love with my best friend..."

I kept staring at Key...a part of me wanted to slap him across his face again for what he did to me earlier...and the other part of me was to throw myself in his arms and tell him that I was falling in love with him as well.  I have to control myself...suddenly an idea pop into my mind.

I gave Key a smirk and said "Don't think that I'm going to forgive you for what you did to me...you stole my first kiss Kibum.  I'm mad at you and I think it's going to take some time for me to get over it....I-I-I think it's better for us not to hang out as often.  I hope you will respect my decision." 

Suddenly I felt a tear drop from my face...aish...why am I crying in front of him again?  Why did my heart hurt so bad?  Why did I feel like someone had punch me in the stomach?  

I watch Nicole wipe her tears away and I felt like she had slap me across the face again.  I felt sadness and hurtness slowly tearing my heart apart.  I hated this feeling.  I took her hand and sadly said "I'm very sorry again Nicole.  I feel like I just lost my best friend.  This is the worst feeling ever..."

Nicole look into my sad eyes and said "Silly...you didn't lose your best friend...I just need time to get over what you did to me.  I will text you when I'm ready to talk or hang out with you again....okay?"

I just nodded my head.  A tear roll down my face and I said "I'm going to wait for your call or text....even if it takes 2-3 years...I'm willing to wait."  I gave Nicole a sad smile and started walking back towards Shinee's dorm.  As soon as I reach Shinee's dorm, instead of going inside I punch the brick stone wall with my right hand and started crying.  My knuckles started bleeding but I didn't care.  My heart was in way too much pain...too much pain...

As soon as Key disappeared from my sight, my tears fell down my face like a waterfall.  I slowly walk back into the house forgetting that Gyuri was still up waiting for me.  

"Yah!  Don't tell me you forgave him?" snarled Gyuri.  But suddenly her face expression changed as soon as she realized that I was crying.  

"No...I didn't forgive him...I just told him that I need sapce..." I replied sadly.

I stood there while Gyuri wrap her arms around me and whisper "Don't cry Cola....don't cry..."