Chapter 6-Heartbroken

My One and Only

It was 11:15am and most of the idols were getting ready to rehearse on stage.  I walk out of the MC dressing room and saw Key standing outside his dressing room door.  "Hi Key!" I scream out loud.  He turn his head towards my direction and stared at me.  Strange....he didn't smile at me.  I started walking towards him when someone shouted my name. 

"Nicole!" scream Hara.

I turn around and saw Hara running towards me.  She yank me by the arm and pull me into the MC dressing room.  I look at her weirdly and said "What's wrong?"

"Well...are you going to tell me what happen this morning with your secret meeting with Jinwoon?" demanded Hara.

I roll my eyes at her and said "It's none of your business Hara.  Besides, I want to talk to Key.  I will catch up with IU and you in ten minutes okay?" I rush out of the dressing room and was hoping that Key was still standing outside his door.  Sadly he wasn't standing by the door and no where to be found.  Geez...what is his problem?  Usually he would wait for me.  Did I do something wrong?  Why is it bothering me that he didn't smile at me?  Was he having a bad day?  There were a million questions that pop into my head. 

"Hey babe!" whispher a voice into my left ear.

I jump and look up.  I smiled at Jinwoon and said "You trying to give me a heart attack here or what?"

"Just consider it as a payback for what you did to me earlier." smirk Jinwoon.

I playfully hit his chest and ask "Did you confess to Seohyun yet?"

"I didn't see her yet....how does my hair look?  Do I smell good?  Does my breath stink?  Do you think she will agree to have dinner with me?  Am I dress okay?  What happens if she says yes?" Jinwoon said shooting a million questions at me. 

"Yah!  Calm down Jinwoon!  First of all, you are sweating like a PIG!  Second of all, your hair looks fine, third you smell like HUGO...which smells very GOOD, fourth...I have a piece of gum for you because your breath smells like chocolate!" I said teasing Jinwoon while shoving a piece of gum to him.

"Thanks Cola....." Jinwoon said.  Suddenly my face grew red.  Seohyun and the rest of the girl's generation walk into the SBS building.  She look like a goddness.  My heart started beating faster than normal.  Calm down heart....or else you might have a heart attack and you probably won't get the chance to confess to her.  Nicole seem to have notice my face expression and the next thing you know she shouted "Hi Seohyun!  Come over here!"

"Cola!"  I hiss at her.  "Why did you do that?!"  I pinch her right arm and she said "Ouch!  Yah!  That hurt you punk!  I'm trying to help you here!" she hiss back.

Damn Jinwoon.  How dare he pinch me like that?  Great...I'm gonna end up getting a purple bruise.  I purposely waved my arms in the air motioning Seohyun to come over by Jinwoon and I.  Seohyun gave me a huge smile and squeal "Nicole!  I miss you!"

"I miss you too Seohyun!  Gosh...are you even eating?!  You are so skinny!  I'm gonna have to feed you after your performance!" I scold at her.

Seohyun giggle and replied "Cola, don't worry about me.  I have been eating like a pig."  I look at Jinwoon and gave him a 90 degree bow. 

"Hello Jinwoon oppa." I said.

"......Hi Seo-Seo-Seohyun..."stuttered Jinwoon.  His face quickly grew red and Nicole bust out laughing.

I look at Nicole with a weird expression on my face.  "Are you okay Jinwoon oppa?"

Before Jinwoon could answer, Nicole quickly said "Shoot....I realized I left my notes in the MC dressing room.  You guys will have to excuse me."

Jinwoon and I stood there and watch Nicole rush into the MC room.  "Is she okay?"

I smiled back at Seohyun and said "She is fine....you know how she is...she has a tendency to forget things."  My hands were starting to sweat.  Its now or never Jinwoon.  Be a man and confess to her!

"Do you have a minute to spear me?" I shyly ask.

Seohyun look at me a gave me a small smile.  "Sure.  What's up?"

I look around and realized there were too many people near us.  "Can we talk in private over in that corner?"

Seohyun nodded her head and followed me.  She look me into my eyes and I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomache.  "How have you been?"

"I'm been doing good.  The rest of the girls and I have been traveling back and forth from Japan to South Korea.  But otherwise, things are going well.  By the way, congratulations on your triple crown win on Inkgayo." she said smiling at me. 

"Th-thank you.....um.....the reason why I wanted to talk to you was....um...." I trail off.

Seohyun giggled and said "Pardon?  I can't understand you Jinwoon oppa.  Don't be so nervous around me."

"As you know, I have like you for a really long time.  You might think its a crush, but I don't.  Can you give me a chance to get to know you better?  If you're not busy tonight after your performance, can I take you out to dinner?" I said.  I look into her eyes.  It felt good to confess to her.  A part of me felt happy, and another part of me felt like dying.  I didn't know what  her answer would be.

Jinwoon confess to me?!  Oh my....how do I tell him that I'm not interested in him without hurting his feelings?  He look so nervous and happy.  It takes a "REAL" man to confess to a girl, but I didn't see Jinwoon in that kind of way.  I only saw him a big brother.  Well, I might as well be honest with him.  Tell him the truth because I don't want to lead him on or give him hope.

"Jinwoon oppa, I'm very flattered that you fancy me.  Truthfully, I only like you as a friend and as a big brother.  I'm very sorry, but I have to decline your offer.  I hope you will understand."  I look into his sad eyes and lower my eyes to the floor.  I felt really bad for what I had just said, but it was the truth.  With my busy schedule, I know for a fact that I won't have time to date and my career comes first.  That was the whole reason why I had join the entertainment business. 

"We are still friends right?" I ask him quietly.

".....Yeah....we're still friends.....listen...um...." Jinwoon trail off.

"Jinwoon!  Get your over here!  It's time to rehearse!" shouted his manager.

"I'll talk to you later Seohyun." Jinwoon said walking away without looking at her.  His heart was broken.  I hate this feeling.  I can't even look at her anymore.  I felt like there was a huge arrow shot through my heart.  I felt so sad....what was wrong with me that she didn't like?  I'm rich, tall, good-looking, smart....what more could a girl ask for?  I wanted to cry....but I couldn't.  I didn't want to cry in front of my hyungs.  I force a smile on my face and "Let's practice guys!"

I watch Jinwoon walk away from me.  I felt bad, but in a way I was relief that I told him the truth.  I hope that he will be able to recover soon.  I didn't like hurting people's feelings.  "Seohyun!" scream Nicole.  I turn around and saw Nicole running up to me.  I force a smile on my face and said "Hey.  Did you find your notes?"

"Yup, I found them.  They were hidden underneath my jacket.  So, what did Jinwoon say to you?" I ask pretending not to know.

Seohyun gave me a sad smile and said "Jinwoon confess to me.....but I turn him down....I honestly don't see him in that kind of way Cola.  He look so sad...I felt really bad....but..." she trail off.

Oh no!  Jinwoon must be feeling like crap!  I didn't know what to say.  They were both my good friends and I didn't want to side with anyone.  Seohyun gave me a friendly hug and whisper in my ear "He really needs a good friend right now.  I broke his heart, but I don't want to lead him on.  I know he is embarrassed to talk or even make eye contact with me.  Take care of him for me okay?  Make him smile again."

I pull back from Seohyun hug and said "I will try to make him smile again...don't worry about it.  I respect your decision and Jinwoon should respect your answer as well."  

Seohyun lightly patted my head and happily said "Thank you Cola.  I know I can always count on you.  Promise me that you won't tell anybody about this?"

"Yah!  How long have we been friends?  You should know better that I keep my mouth shut." I said lightly pinching her arm.

Seohyun laugh and said "I know....I just hope Jinwoon would be able to overcome this and be able to talk to me again."

I shook my head and said "I think it might be a while before he starts talking to you again...I'm pretty sure he is feeling pretty low right now.  I won't worry about it too much okay?  He will get over it....trust me." 

"Seohyun!  You need to change into your uniform!  You guys are performing in 20 minutes!" shouted her manager.

"Cola, I gotta go.  I will talk to you later okay?" said Seohyun.

I gave Seohyun a big smile and said "Okay!  Fighting Seohyun!"

I watch Seohyun walk towards her manager and soon they disappeard from my sight.  I started walking towards the stage and saw Key standing next to Minho.  I quietly snuck up behind Key and wrap both my hands around his eyes and said "Guess who?!"

I recoginized her voice right away, but what happen earlier I realized that I was still angry at the fact that Jinwoon confess to Nicole.  I shove her hands away from my eyes and turn around.  "Yah!  Aren't you a little too old to playing those kind of games?!" I snap at her.  She look surprised and hurt.  

".......Sorry....I didn't think you would have a problem with me doing that to you......"mumble Nicole.  She look away from me and slowly walk pass me.  I saw the hurt in her eyes and I felt like kicking myself.  Well, shouldn't she be happy that Jinwoon confess to her?  Why should I care anyway?  I wanted to confess to her, but my best friend...did I say best friend....more like my best enemy beat me to it.  Speaking of my enemy I saw Jinwoon and the rest of his hyungs walking towards the stage.  I wanted to punch Jinwoon in the face, but I realized that he wasn't smiling at all.  The look on his face didn't seem quite right...didn't he confess his love to Nicole?  Why does he look so depress?  Wait a minute!  Did Nicole reject him?  Does that mean I still have a chance?  My mood started to lighten up.  Nicole probably DID reject him.  That is probably the reason why he looking depress and all sad!  YES!!!!  I felt sorry for being such a to Nicole, so I walk up behind her and lightly poke her from behind.  

I turn around and saw Key giving me a sad face. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry....I didn't mean to snap on you...its just...I haven't gotten much sleep...and I took my anger out on you.....forgive me?" Key said giving me the puppy look eyes.

I sigh and giggled. "You are forgiven....but snap at me again and I swear I will NOT talk to you for two months!"

Key gave me a big smile and gave me a tight hug.  "Thank you.  I will make it up to you.  Let's have ice cream after Inkgayo.  Just you and me okay?"

"Ice cream?!  Yea!!!!" I said happily.    

"Hi Key!  Hi Cola!" said a familar voice.

I look over Key's shoulder and scream out "Dongwoon oppa!"

I quickly turn around and gave Dongwoon a small smile.  What the hell is he doing here?  I thougt B2ST was supposed to be in Japan performing?  Great I thought to myself....one competition after another....damn it....who's next?

"Hey man!  What are you doing here?" I question him while giving him a hug.

"Our CEO wanted us, 4Minute, and G.NA to come back to South Korea to atttend CUBE'S offical studio opening." explain Dongwoon.

"How exciting!  I'm happy to see you again!  Do you plan on staying all day for Inkgayo?" I ask.

"Yup!  I'm here to root for Shinee, 2AM, and of course watch my CUTE and ADORABLE Cola host Inkgayo." Dongwoon said winking at me.

I blush and shyly said "Thanks Dongwoon oppa."

Key was blowing up steams through his ears, but he manage to control himself.  Calm down diva....its just Dongwoon...he is not your enemy....he is your 91-liner friend.  I force another smile and said "It's great to have you here man!  Seohyun is here as well too...so its double the pleasure for you!"

Dongwoon smiled and said "That's even better!"

I roll my eyes and laugh. "Boys.....ah....whatever!"