Chapter 27-The Unexpected

My One and Only

Nicole was speechless.  She stared into his dreamy eyes as she could feel her face slowly blushing.

"I love your smile and the way you make me smile.  You just make me feel so good.  I also love the way you walk, talk, and laugh.  I love everything about you, inward and outward.  I know this may be too soon for you to give me an answer, but I am willing to wait.” Key said.

He stared into her glistering eyes as his heart was ready to burst. 

Nicole smiles at him and shyly stutters “Key…I-I-I”

th_tumblr_lf57c6ZK3O1qfgyw2o1_400.gif

“Attention ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts at this time.  We will be taking off shortly.” announced the flight attendant.

One of the female flight attendant walks by Key and instructed “Sir, please put your seatbelt on.”

Damn it!  Why did she have to ruin the mood?  Key sighs as he silently curses the flight attendant.  He quickly let go of Nicole’s hand as he put his seatbelt on.  As he was reaching out to hold her hand again, her cell phone started vibrating.

Nicole reaches into her purse and took her cell phone out.  A smile appeared on her face.  It was a text message from Seohyun!

Seohyun 

Text message from Seohyun: “Hi Nicole!  Have a safe trip!  Um…I have a big secret to tell you!  But I’m going to wait until you get back!”

Text message to Seohyun: “Thanks girl!  A big secret huh?!  Oh!  I can’t wait!  Is it about Dongwoon?”

Text message from Seohyun: “What?!  How did you know?!”

Text message to Seohyun: “LOL…I didn’t!  I just took a wild guess!  Omo!  Did something happen between you guys?!”

Text message from Seohyun: “Um…it’s better if we talk in person…I’ll tell you all the juicy details!”

Text message to Seohyun: “Omo!  Omo!  Omo!  Are you guys going out?  Did you guys kiss?”

Text message from Seohyun: “LOL…it’s a secret…like I said…I will tell you all the juicy details when you get back from your vacation!  Tell Key I said “Hello” too!”

Text message to Seohyun: “Alright…but once I get back…you have a lot of talking to do!  Take care!”

Text message from Seohyun: “Bye Nicole!  :D”

“Who was that?” question Key.

“It was Seohyun…and wanted me to say “Hello” to you.” replied Nicole.

Key raised his left eye brow up.  “Is that it?  What else did she say?  I saw you texting her more than once.”

Nicole giggles.  “You’re so noisy Key.  I can’t tell you.”

“Why not?  I thought I was your best friend?” pouted Key.

“Just because we’re best friends…that doesn’t mean I have to tell you everything…especially if someone wants me to keep it as a secret.” Nicole said smirking.

Key gave her a worried look.  “Is it about me?”

Nicole pinches his left cheek.  “Nope…it has nothing to do with you…trust me.”

Key smiles at her and grabs onto her right hand with his left hand.  He gave it a tight squeeze.  “I trust you with all my heart.”

 

As the plane started moving, Nicole rests her head on his left shoulder and smiled.  Key could feel his heart beating twice as fast.  He rests his head on top of Nicole’s head and whispers “Nicole...you are my Juliet.” 

Nicole could feel butterflies in her stomach as she lifts her head up and looks into his glistening eyes.  “And you’re my Romeo.”  She leans in closer to his face and pecks a kiss on his left cheek.

Key’s eyes widen as Nicole pulls her blushing face away from him.  She quickly looks out the window says “My answer is YES.”

“Yes?” said Key looking confused.

Nicole slowly turns her head to look at his charming face and smiles at him.  “Yes…I will be your girlfriend.”

Key felt like his heart had stop beating.  Was this really happening?  Did Nicole really say “YES” to him?

omg. 

“Kiss me.” Key blurted out.

Nicole’s eyes widen.  “What?!”   

“Kiss me…because I think I’m dreaming.  If you don’t kiss me…then I know this is all just a dream…but if you kiss me…that means I’m definitely NOT dreaming.” Key explains.

Nicole looks around to make sure there were no paparazzi around to take pictures of them. 

“I’m waiting.” Key teased.

Nicole bit her lower lip and quickly pecks him a kiss on his lips.  She quickly put her head down and mumbles “Are you satisfied now?”

Key leans his head towards her and replies “No.”

Nicole looks up at him and squeals “What?!  Why you…”

Before she could say anything else, he kisses her softly on her soft rosy lips and closed his eyes.  Her eyes widen as he continues to kiss her.  She slowly closed her eyes and kisses him back.  His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than she could have imagined.  After a few minutes of kissing, he slowly pulls back and she quickly opens her eyes to find him blushing.

“Now I’m satisfied.” Key said giving her a wink.

Nicole blushes as she giggles to herself.  She hated to admit this…but she was craving more for his kisses.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, we will be taking off in one minute.  Our destination to Orlando, Florida will be a straight 16 hour flight.  Please remain seated until we are safely in the air.” instructed the pilot.

As the plane started moving faster, Nicole squeezed his hand tighter and rests her head on his left shoulder.

“Get some sleep…it’s going to be a long flight.” Key whispers as she slowly closes her eyes.

4 hours later

Nicole woke up after a long nap.  She looks up at Key and he smiled at her. 

“You’re cute when you’re sleeping.” Key said.

Nicole smiled back at him and realized that they were still holding hands.  “I’m sorry.  Your arm must be sore.”

Key laughs and says “It’s alright.  I fell asleep as soon as I heard you snoring.”

Nicole’s face flushes with embarrassment.  “Was I snoring loud?”

Key grins at her and replies “No…but you were talking in your dream.”

Nicole’s eyes widen.  “I was?  What did I say?”

“Well…you said a lot of things.  But there was one that caught my attention.  Do you want me to tell you?” Key asks.

Omo!  Did she say something stupid or embarrassing?  Oh great!  What a great way to start the vacation.  “Uh…sure.”

Key leans in closer to her face and beam “You said “I love you Kim Ki bum.””

“Omo!  I did?!” Nicole shouted.

Key laughs and says “Shhhhh!”

Nicole slaps herself in her forehead.  This is so embarrassing!  Now Key knew she loved him! 

“Do you really love me?” Key asks.

Nicole could feel her face burning up.  “Yah…I-I-I was just dreaming.  What makes you think I love you?”

Key chuckles at her.  “You said it many times in your dream…plus your face is all red.”

“You know what?  I think I need to use the restroom.” Nicole quickly said.

Key sneers at her and says “Okay.  But first, do you want anything to eat or drink?  If so, what would you like?”

“What do they have?” Nicole asks.

Key took the menu out and looks it over.  “They have Coke products and for snacks…they have chocolate chip cookies, salted peanuts, and crackers.”

“I think I’ll just stick to water and salted peanuts.” Nicole said.

Key nodded his head and got out of his seat so Nicole could use the bathroom.  As she got up, her chest accidently brushes up against his chest.  “Omo!  Sorry Key.”

Key could feel his face burning up.  Control your hormones!  “Don’t worry about it.”

Nicole didn’t seem to notice his blushing face as she was in a hurry to use the bathroom.  As soon as Nicole was gone, he signaled one of the flight attendants so he can order some snacks and drinks for them.

15 minutes later

“Yah!  What took you so long?” question Key as he stood up to let Nicole into her seat. 

 "What?  There was a long line.  I had to wait in line.  Did you miss me?” Nicole teased as she sat in her seat. 

“As a matter of fact, I did.  I missed you terribly.” Key said leaning his face closer to her for a kiss.

Nicole giggles and put her right hand over his lips and whispers “Not yet…I’m hungry.”

Key gave her a sad puppy look face and whispers back “Just a quick one?  Please?”

Nicole rolls her eyes at him and couldn’t resist, so she leans in and kissed him on his smooth silky lips.  She closed her eyes as he kissed her back.  They continue to kiss each other when they were interrupted by a flight attendant.  “Ahem…sorry to interrupt you kids…but here is your order sir.”

Nicole quickly pulls back and blushes.  Key scoffs and looks at the flight attendant.  “How much do I owe you?”

“Your total comes to $10.00.” replied the flight attendant.  Key handed the flight attendant a $10.00 bill as he grabs the snacks and drinks.

“Thank you.” Key said.

The flight attendant smiles at them and says “Your welcome…continue on kissing.”

Nicole and Key’s face flushes with embarrassment. 

“Um…here are your peanuts and here is a bottle of water.” Key shyly said.

“Th-thank you.” Nicole stutters as she grabs the snacks from him.

They ate their food quietly as they tried not to look at each other.  Wow…this is feeling awkward thought Nicole.  After a few minutes passes by she finally looks over at Key and saw that he must have been thinking the same thing.

Key turns to look at Nicole and grins at her.  She could feel her heart thumping through her chest. 

“How are your peanuts?” question Key.

Nicole made a face and replied “Not the greatest…but it’s something for now.”

Key smirks at her and says “Lunch will be available for us in one hour.”

“Omo!  Do you know what they will be serving us?” Nicole asks.

Key shook his head no.  “Whatever they serve us, it better be more tasteful than this.”

Nicole laughs and nodded her head in agreement.  She grabs his left hand with her right hand and lightly squeezed it. 

Key’s eyes widen as Nicole held onto his hand.  She made the first move to hold his hand!  How exciting is that?!  He gives her a cute wink as she blushes.  He squeezed her hand back as they continue to stare at each other. 

“Key…quit staring at me.” Nicole teased.

 

“You started it.” Key said smiling at her.

Nicole laughs and said “Fine…I’ll look away then.”

“Don’t!” Key cried quickly.

Nicole raised her right eye brow up.  “Why?”

“I love the way you look at me.” Key said blushing.

Nicole giggles.  “Really?  So if I make a funny face at you…would you still love the way I look at you?”  

“No matter what face expression you give me, I will always love the way you look at me.” Key said kissing her hand.

Nicole felt like her heart had just stop.  Where and when did Key learn how to say romantic lines?  Oh how she was falling in love deeper with him!

 

“Would you still love my face expressions I when grow old and have a crap load of wrinkles?” Nicole teased.

“No matter old and wrinkly you get, I’ll still love your face expressions.” Key said kissing her lightly on her forehead.

Nicole gazed into his bulky brown chocolate eyes and whispers “I love the way you make me feel…you make me feel so special and lucky.”

“That’s because YOU ARE special.  I enjoy every moment with you and I can’t get enough of your hugs and kisses…so I promise to cherish everything that we do together because YOU ARE that important to me.” Key explains as he slowly pulls her face towards him and passionately kisses her.

Nicole felt like she was on top of the world.  She couldn’t be any happier.  Even if the plane was to crash, at least she would die happy because there were no words to express what she was feeling right now.  

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!  What did you think of this chapter?  I personally thought it was romantic!  Comment and let me know your thoughts!