Chapter 13-"Dream Team-91 Liner Special" Part 1

My One and Only

I smiled to myself as I stared at my phone.

Knock…knock…knock.  “Nicole can I come in?” said my manager.

“Sure!  Come on in!” I shouted.  I quickly shove my phone underneath my Hello Kitty pillow.

My manager came in and handed me a letter.  “Read it.” he said giving me a huge smile.

“Hello DSP Entertainment!  We would like to invite KARA’s Hara and Nicole to join us in a Special Couple Event for Dream Team.  There will be 4 other female idols to compete with them.  There will be 6 male idols there as well.  This Special Couple Event is filled with lots of game activities.  There will be a total of 6 games.  The games are: Push Ups, Tug-Of-War, Monkey Bars, Chicken leg fight, Bridal Style Pick Up, and the “OF COURSE” game.  We cannot reveal any of the other members…it is a surprise for now.  The grand prize for the COUPLE that wins will be an: All expense paid trip Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida (USA) for 3 days and 2 nights.  This is a once in a life time opportunity!  Don’t miss out on this chance!  KBS team will also be traveling with the COUPLE to Orlando, Florida filming their entire trip.  Please respond back.  Sincerely, KBS Dream Team.”

I couldn’t believe what I was reading!  Oh my god!  An all-expense paid trip to Walt Disney World?!  All I could think about was the food!  Free food!  Yummy!  It has been months since I have been back in the States…and truthfully…I actually miss it! 

“So…should we decline this?” teased my manager.

“HELL NO!  I want in!” I shouted at my manager.  I cover my mouth and quickly said “Sorry!  Excuse my language…but I want to participate!”

I started jumping up and down like a crazy girl.  I started waving both my arms in the arm and did the “Happy Dance.”  Hara walk into my room and gave me a weird look.  “Oppa…is Nicole feeling okay?”

Before my manager could say anything, I shove the letter in Hara’s face and force her to read it.  After Hara read the letter, she looks at our manager and excitedly shouted “Oh my god!  Tell KBS yes!  I want to do it!”

Our manager laughs and shook his head at us.  “It’s a good thing that this isn’t going to clash with your schedules.  I will contact KBS right now and let them know that you both agreed to join the Couple Dream Team.  Try not to hurt yourselves okay?  The last thing we need from the both of you is an injury….especially YOU Jung Nicole.”

I laugh really loud and nodded my head.  My ankle was almost healed up and everyone knew I was very competitive.  I hated losing and I never gave up either.  Our manager walks out of my room and the next thing I knew, both Hara and I were doing the “Happy Dance” together.

After 10 minutes of doing the “Happy Dance” with Hara, she finally left my room to make a quick phone call to her boyfriend Junhyun.  She wanted to tell him the exciting news!  I ran over to my Hello Kitty pillow and took my phone out and started texting like crazy.

Text message to him: “I have a BIG surprise!  HARA and I got invited to join Dream Team!”

Text message from him:“Sweet!  That is AWESOME!  When is it?”

Text message to him:“I’m not sure yet…our manager is calling KBS Dream Team right now to confirm that Hara and I will be there.  I am sooooooo oooooo excited oppa!”

Text message from him:“I am very excited for you!  Can we celebrate alone if you win?”

Text message to him:“Of course oppa!  If I win, I will take you out for dinner…and we can have ice cream afterwards too!”

Text message from him:“LOL…you are too CUTE!”

Text message to him:“kekekekekeke…I know….kekekekeke”

Text message from him: “Good luck to you!  No matter what happens, remember that you’re a WINNER to me….FIGHTING!”

Text message to him: “Thank you oppa….thank you…”

I smiled to myself.  “Nicole!  Come help us make dinner!” shouted Gyuri from the kitchen.

“I’m coming!” I shouted back.  I threw my phone on the bed and skip towards the kitchen to help the rest the KARA members with dinner.   

Later in the evening our manager confirmed to Hara and me that the recording for the Special Dream Team would take place in 2 days.  I was so excited that I was jumping up and down. 

“Calm down Cola” said Jiyoung giggling at me.  Jiyoung knew how much I love appearing on Dream Team.  She was there to support me last time when I was competing for the Women’s High Jump…unfortunately I didn’t win.  Krystal Jung won…don’t get me wrong…I was happy for her…but my cereal tasted like bitter the next morning. 

“Why does KBS only want Hara and Nicole?” whined Seungyeon.  “I wasn’t that bad…”

Hara laugh and lightly patted Seungyeon on her back and said “Don’t be jealous uniee…I will try my best to win the prize.  When I DO WIN the prize, I promise to buy you a Minnie Mouse stuff animal.”

I gave Hara a serious look and said “What makes you think you’re going to win?  Don’t forget that you’re competing against me…so when I WIN…I will buy the both of you a Minnie Mouse stuff animal all the way from America.”

Hara stuck her tongue out at me and smirk “Don’t forget that there are 4 other female idols too…”

Oh !  I forgot about that!  God…I hope none of the other idols were from Sistar…they were all really athletic.  Honestly…if I were to compete against them I would lose for sure.  They were all tall, skinny, and not to mention in very good shape too.  Unlike me…I was short and I love to eat all the time…but I wasn’t going to give up.  I’m a fighter and I know for a fact that I wasn’t going to go home as a loser.

“That’s not fair…I want to be on the show too.” pouted Seungyeon.

“Uniee…is it because of money?  Are you low on cash?  I can lend you some if you want?” said Jiyoung.

“Yah!  What makes you think it’s about the money?  I want to go on the show because I want to be paired up with one of the idol guys.” mutter Seungyeon.

Gyuri roll her eyes at Seungyeon and said “Yah...making money is more important.”

Seungyeon sigh and finally smiled.  “I guess you’re right uniee…but still…it would be nice to have someone to pick me up bridal style…”

Jiyoung, Hara, Gyuri, and I laugh at her.  I walk up to Seungyeon and gave her a hug.  “Uniee, should I call up Infinite Woohyun oppa to come over and pick you up bridal style and see how many times he can lift you up?”

Seungyeon face turns bright red and pushes me away. “Yah!  I-I-I….”

“Hm…maybe we shouldn’t call Woohyun oppa…we should call up Onew oppa instead!” teased Jiyoung.

“Or how about…” teased Hara.

“Stop it you guys!” shouted Seungyeon but was laughing with the rest of the members.

“Calm down girls…lights out in 10 minutes.” said their manager.

“Okay.” we all said giggling.

“Yah…I wonder who the male idols are going to be?” Hara said excitedly.

“Hm…good question…I bet you one of the idol guy is going to end up being Lee Joon from Mblaq.” said Gyuri.

“What makes you say that?” question Jiyoung.

Gyuri shrugged her shoulders.  “My gut feeling tells me…that’s all.  I can’t believe he doesn’t like to spend money on his girlfriend?  I mean…he writes letters to them?  Really?  How cheap can he get?  Besides…didn’t you hear what manager oppa said earlier?  The COUPLE that wins gets an All-Expense paid trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida…so my gut tells me he will do anything to get on the show and win…I mean…come on…free trip…who wouldn’t want to be on the show?”

“Good point.” said Hara nodding her head in agreement.

“Uniee…who do YOU think the male idols will be?” Jiyoung said looking at me.

My face suddenly turns red and I quickly replied “It doesn’t matter to me.  My partner better be able to lift me up bridal style for an hour…if not…I’m going to hurt him.”

The girls laugh at my reaction and before they could ask me any more questions I said “I’m tired.  I’m heading off to bed first…see you guys in the morning.  Have a good night!”

“Yah!  I still want to talk!” shouted Hara smirking.

I ran as fast as I could to my room.  I wasn’t going to fall into their trap.  I knew exactly what my members were going to ask me and I honestly didn’t want to tell them who I wanted on the show as my partner.

2 Days Later…………………………………………………………………………………

The big day was here and my legs were shaking like crazy! 

“Yah!  What’s wrong with you Nicole?  Why are your legs shaking like that?” question Hara.  We were both sitting in our company’s van together while our manager was driving us to Dankook University.  KBS Dream Team was holding the Special Couple Dream Team event at the Peace Plaza Dankook University and there were a crap load of screaming fans blocking the front entrance.

“I’m just nervous...that’s all.  It’s been a while since I last competed.” I nervously said.  Honestly…the truth was that I was more nervous who the 6 male idols were…why did I have a weird feeling in my stomach?

“Yah!  We are here!” said Hara happily.

I look outside the window and my face lit up with excitement!  Oh my god!  Standing next to the MC was Nana, Min, Seohyun, and CL!  Our manager stops the van in front of the red carpet and there were lines of screaming fans on both sides chanting “KARA! KARA! KARA!”

Hara and I step out of the van and the next thing you knew MC Changmyeong shouted over his microphone “Let’s give a HUGE welcome to our last guest KARA!”

There were screams and applauds coming from the fans and as Hara and I walk down the red carpet, I waved my arms like crazy to Min, Nana, Seohyun, and CL while Hara was too busy waving and bowing to the fans.  …how rude of me…so I started waving and bowing to the screaming fans.

As soon as Hara and I reach MC Changmyeong, Min and Seohyun threw their arms around me and knock me off to the ground with the both of them on top of me.  Everyone started laughing and MC Changmyeong said “Calm down girls…it’s too early to kill each other.  We haven’t even started the games yet!”

We all laugh and help each other get up.  When we all finally calm down MC Changmyeong said “Are you girls surprised that you’re all here together?”

“I can’t believe I’m here with all of my friends!” Min said excitedly.

“Me too!” said Seohyun.

“How do you feel about this CL?” ask MC Changmyeong.

“This is my first time being on Dream Team, and I’m very excited to be here.  I hope that I won’t disappoint or embarrass my group members or my fans.  I will try my very best!” CL said happily.

“Is there anyone here that you are close to?” question MC Changmyeong.

CL looks at all the girls and replied “The only person that I am close to here is Nicole.  I am older than her, so she calls me uniee.”

I waved my hand to CL and said “It’s rare to see CL on the same show with me!  I hope we all have lots of fun today!”

CL waved back to me and gave me a huge smile.  “I haven’t seen Nicole for a long time and it’s a pleasure to see her again.”

“I see…but don’t you want to be close to anyone else here besides Nicole?” question MC Changmyeong.

CL looks at the rest of the girls “…………………………” and everyone starts laughing. 

“Since you hesitated, that means your answer is HELL NO!” shouted MC Changmyeong.

CL covered up her face and starts laughing.  “No, it’s nothing like that!  Our CEO hardly lets us go on any TV shows, so it’s hard for me to make friends.”

“Ah…I see…blame the CEO.” MC Changmyeong said smirking.

Everyone started laughing and CL seems to look uncomfortable.  I decided to step in and help her out.  “Yah!  Why are you picking on CL?  Do YOU have any FRIENDS?”

Everyone burst out laughing by my reaction and MC Changmyeong face turn red.  “……………………….”

“That’s what I thought.” I said smirking at him.

“Honestly, CL isn’t the only one who is close to Nicole.  Out of all the girls here, I am only close to Nicole and everyone else is a stranger to me.” Seohyun truthfully said.

“Ah…Nicole must be very popular among all the girls then.  Raise your hand if everyone here is close to Nicole then?” MC Changmyeong asks.

All the girls raised their right hand up in the air and MC Changmyeong said “Ah….it must be nice to have lots of celebrity friends…anyone of you guys care to me my friend?” causing everyone to laugh.

“All right, since no one wants to acknowledge me as their friend, let’s just get on with the show then.” MC Changmyeong said frowning.

I could not stop laughing so I covered both of my hands over my mouth.  There were many screaming fans everywhere but it was nice to see that everything was being control real well.  There were security staffs everywhere and if some fans were to get too close to us, they would stop them.

“Today is a very special day for Dream Team.  For the first time in history we have arranged the HOTTEST idols in the kpop music industry to compete with one another.  Ladies, first of all, let me introduces you guys to 6 of the HOTTEST male idols.” MC Changmyeong said as all of us starting clapping and screaming.  I was having so much fun that I didn’t care who the male idols were. 

“He is very outspoken and melts every girl’s heart with his charm.  Their new album just came out as well…ladies…are you ready to meet him?  He is the leader who created the 91-Liner…he is no other than Shinee’s Key Kibum!” shouted MC Changmyeong. 

My smile froze on my face.  WHAT?!  Key got out of a black limo and started waving to everyone.  We look at each other and he look just as shock as well.  Hara notice my face expression right away and pinch me by the arm. 

“Yah!  We are being recorded right now!  Stop with the face expression!  You can kill him later!” hiss Hara.

I force a smile on my face and waved at Key.  Key who was shock and surprised waved back at me and return me with a small smile.  I could feel Key staring at me as I look down on the ground…gosh…my face is starting to burn up.  Damn it…stop staring at me Key!  He was wearing a light blue collar preppy shirt with black jeans with a sliver chain hook to his right pocket.  His blonde hair was gel down to the side.  Damn…he looks HOT!  Wait…the hell am I saying?!  Jung Nicole!  You came here to win the trip!  Stop thinking about boys!  I shook my head and blink my eyes a few times.  Yah!  Snap out of it…focus….focus…focus…     

“The next guy can make you cry once you listen to his song…he has a killer eye smile…he is no other than Jung Jinwoon!” shouted MC Changmyeong.  Jinwoon walk out of a black BMW and started blowing kisses to the screaming fans and soon realized that Seohyun was standing next to MC Changmyeong.   

This time Seohyun stop smiling and froze just like I had earlier.  She quickly looks at me with a worried expression.  I could tell she was feeling uncomfortable, and from the look at Jinwoon he kept staring at Seohyun with a surprised shock.  I sigh to myself…damn Jinwoon…quit staring at Seohyun like that.

“Next in line, he is the youngest in his group…he recently revealed his abs online which is causing his noonas nose bleed…come on out Dongwoon!” scream MC Changmyeong. 

What the hell?!  Dongwoon came walking out of a white limo wearing a white beater with white jeans along with a sliver chain hook to his left pocket.  He looks like an angel from heaven…a manly angel.  His muscles on his arms were shaped like hard rocks.  I couldn’t help but stare at him.  Dongwoon saw me and scream out “Hi Cola!!!!” 

I blush and quickly waved back to him.  Gosh…this is embarrassing!  I notice that Key was still staring at me and what made things worse was that Jinwoon was starting to stare at me too!  Aish…how uncomfortable!

“Ladies, this next guy has won MANY hearts of noonas all around the world.  He sings, dance, and acts…if I was a women…I would date him too!” MC Changmyeong joked.

The fans in the crowd starting screaming like crazy and chanted “Bring him out!  Bring him out!”

“No…it’s not Won Bin…and it’s not Lee Minho either….ladies…let’s give a warm welcome to Choi Minho!” shouted MC Changmyeong clapping his hands.

Minho walks out of a red Ferrari wearing a dark blue polo shirt with black jeans with black sunglasses on.  Minho waved at his screaming fans and gave all of the girls a 90 degree bow.  I smiled brightly at Minho and waved to him.  I bow back to him and I heard Min squeal “Oh my…Choi Minho is here…”

I secretly laugh and couldn’t believe what I just heard!  Hm…I think it’s time to play cupid!  I wink at Minho and the next thing I knew Key, Dongwoon, and Jinwoon all wink back at me!  What the hell?!  That wink was for Minho! 

“Our next guest has captured the hearts of many high school and middle school girls with his skills in guitar.  Let’s welcome Korea’s flower boy Lee Jae Jin!” shouted MC Changmyeong.

I started screaming like crazy!  The rest of the girls stared at me and started laughing.  I giggled and started waving my arms like crazy to Jaejin.  Jaejin walk out of a dark blue Porsche Boxster and waved his hand to the crowd.  Jaejin scream out “Hi Tweety!” 

I giggled and hollered back “Hi Jaejin!”

MC Changmyeong smiled and said “Ah….Nicole is VERY popular among the guys!”

“Yah!  What about us?!” hiss Hara.  I look at her and laugh.  I think Hara was starting to get mad because she wasn’t getting any attention from the boys.  They knew she is already taken by Junhyun…so they didn’t want to deal with any drama.

“Last but not least, this particular member has a very unique character but excels in dancing and rapping.  Let’s give it up for Mir!” shouted MC Changmyeong. 

Mir walk out of a hot pink Aston Martin Rapide and waved crazily to the crowd.  The rest of the girls and I could not stop laughing because it was weird to see Mir walking out of a pink Aston Martin Rapide.  Mir seem to have been embarrassed by it because as soon as he reach to MC Changmyeong, he said “Can we edit my entrance part out?”

We all burst out laughing.  MC Changmyeong said “We can’t.  Your entrance was the highlight of the introduction.”

“It takes a REAL man to ride in a hot pink Aston Martin Rapide.  I thought your entrance was the best one!” Nana said.  All of the girls nodded our head and agreed with Nana. 

“Well, since I have the support from the girls, I feel REALLY good now!” Mir said happily.

“I guess we should edit out your entrance then.” MC Changmyeong said teasing Mir.

“No!  No!  No!” shouted Mir playfully trying to steal the microphone from MC Changmyeong. 

“Since all of our guests are here, Dream Team had decided to air a special show for all you viewers out there!  Do you guys want to know why you were all chosen to be here today?” MC Changmyeong questioned us.   

We all look at each other and shook our heads no.  A huge smile crossed MC Changmyeong face and he said “You guys were all born in the same year, so today’s show will be known as “Dream Team-91-Liner” instead of “Special Couple Event.”

“Do you know how hard it was to get all of you guys together on today’s show?  Man…I have never worked so hard in my life before.” said MC Changmyeong.

“All you do is host the show…how hard is that?” Key bluntly said.

I laugh out loud and covered my mouth.  Everyone turn to stare at me and I started laughing again…I couldn’t help it.

“Yah…is it that funny Nicole?” question MC Changmyeong.

I nodded my head yes and starting laughing again…this time everyone else started laughing with me.   

“Anyways…there will be a total of 6 games.  The games are: Push Ups, Tug-Of-War, Monkey Bars, Chicken leg fight, Bridal Style Pick Up, and the “OF COURSE” game.  The grand prize for the COUPLE that wins will be an: All expense paid trip Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida (USA) for 3 days and 2 nights.” MC Changmyeong said wowing the 91-liners and the screaming fans.

The way how Nicole laughs is too cute Jaejin thought to himself.  I hope to be paired up with Nicole.  She was the only member out of the group that he was close to.  It would be weird and awkward if I was paired up with CL or Seohyun.  I didn’t know CL that well…and well…let’s just put it this way…she kind of scares me.  She acts too bad- and she seems too cocky when she performs on stage.  That was a turn-off.  Seohyun on the other hand always acted like she was too good for anyone…urgh…plus she looks heavier than me.  If I ended up being partners with her, we would definitely be the first ones out…especially if I had to lift her bridal style for an hour!  Why do I have a bad feeling about this?  Uh oh…this isn’t good…   

Key was feeling happy that he made Nicole laugh.  This is crazy!  All of the 91-liners are on the same show as me!  This was way better than performing on Music Bank or Inkigayo!  I hope I end up with Nicole as my partner…I wouldn’t mind spending 3 days and 2 nights with her…what am I thinking?  I look over and saw Dongwoon smiling at Nicole…my right hand started to curl up into a small fist…uh oh…this isn’t good… 

Dongwoon smiled at Nicole and shook his head.  Nicole was so adorable.  He couldn’t believe that most of the 91-liner members were here.  This is my chance to get closer to Nicole!  Who knows?  Maybe I will end up being partners with her!  I could feel excitement rushing through my body…but what about Key?  I know he is going to fight for her was well…I didn’t like this feeling that I had in my stomach…uh oh…this isn’t good…

Seohyun could feel Jinwoon staring at her…damn…please look away I thought to myself.  I kept looking over at Nicole to help me out, but something seems to be troubling her as well.  It looks like she kept avoiding Key’s eyes.  Strange…usually those two are inseparable.  What happen between those two?  Gosh…I hope I don’t end up with Jinwoon as my partner…I would rather have Choi Minho…uh oh…this isn’t good…

What in the world was I thinking agreeing to appear on this show thought CL.  The only person I knew here was Nicole, and most of her “so-call-friends” were people that I didn’t care to associate with.  It’s going to be a long recording…good heavens…I feel bad for whoever is going to end up being partners with me…uh oh…this isn’t good…

Gosh…Choi Minho is so handsome!  He is really alethic and is in good shape.  I hope he picks me as his partner!  I may be the shortest amongst all the girls here, but I know for a fact that I weigh the lightest.  …when did I (Min) start liking Minho?  My heart started to beat a little faster.  Minho was standing next to Mir fussing around with this microphone…should I wink at him?  Will he get the hint that I like him?  I have always thought of Minho as a big brother…uh oh…this isn’t good…

I do hope Jinwoon picks me as his partner.  He seems to be the strongest one out of all the guys.  Not only is he tall, but I know he and I will have an advantage of winning.  I know he is crazy about Seohyun and he is also one of Nicole’s good friends, but I am here to win.  Nana…when did you start becoming competitive?  Maybe it’s because of the grand prize…or is it because of something else…uh oh…this isn’t good…

I can’t stand this!  I would have never agreed to come on the show if I knew she was going to be here too!  I am still embarrassed from being rejected by her.  Urgh…how do I get rid of this feeling?  I’m thankful that Nicole is here…I know I can talk to her about anything.  I hope Nicole and I end up being partners.  If we were to win the grand prize, I would rather spend it with someone who appreciates me.  Nicole looks really pretty today…her purple hair made her look like a beautiful anime character.  When Nicole winked at me, I couldn’t help but wink back at her.  My heart started to flutter…uh oh…this isn’t good…

I was very disappointed that my boyfriend Junhyun wasn’t on the show…if I win the grand prize, I don’t want to spend 3 days and 2 nights in Orlando, Florida with any of the guys here.  I would rather spend it with the one I love…urgh…what the hell did I get myself in to?  Well, I think Dongwoon would be the best partner for me because I don’t want him telling Junhyun about me having skin ship with other idols.  Dongwoon look at me and gave me a tiny smile.  Damn…he looks pretty cute today…wait…what the hell did I just say?  I stared at him again…and suddenly my heart skips a little faster……I know this feeling…uh oh…this isn’t good…

I can’t believe half of the 91-liners are here today!  I truly love my life!  91-liner is my life!  I could care less who I end up being partners with.  I am just happy to spend the entire day recording with my friends.  I look over and saw Min playing with her hair…dang…she isn’t that bad-looking.  She was wearing a red short checkered skirt along with a white long sleeve collar shirt.  Her hair was also put up in two small pig tails.  She look like a cute little school girl!  She must of notice me looking at her because as soon as our eyes lock, she winks at me!  What the hell is this feeling?  Uh oh…I think I might know……this isn’t good…   

I loved being back on Dream Team!  Everyone knows that I am very competitive and I will do anything to win.  I don’t take no for an answer and I don’t give up easily.  I glanced at all the girl’s; I knew who exactly I wanted as my partner.  Jung Nicole!  No one else!  I secretly know that Key has a crush on Nicole, but when it comes to competing, I don’t plan on losing.  Nicole was very competitive and I know she hates losing.  When she lost to Krystal to the Women’s High jump, I knew she was very upset.  I wanted to comfort her but other people would have taken it the wrong way.  The more I look at Nicole, the more attractive she gets.  …did I just say that?  Nicole attractive?  Nicole looks at me and smile.  I felt like my heart had just stop…uh oh…I have felt this feeling before…damn…this isn’t good…

My jaw drop open…I couldn’t believe this?!  Wow…I would have never thought that 12 of the 91-liners would be on the same show!  I look around and everyone else seems to be shock and surprised as well.  My heart started to pump a little faster.  Who is going to end up as my partner?  Do I get to choose my own partner?  If so, who am I going to choose?  All of the boys were my friends…I don’t want one to think that I like better than the other…uh oh…this isn’t good…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!  This chapter is a bit long, but I hope you guys enjoy it!  Please comment and let me know what you guys think of it so far?  There is more to come....I want to personally thank my 22 subscribers!  To my slient readers....PLEASE comment!  I can't believe I have over 900 views on my story and the exciting part is that I only started this story a week ago!  :D