Chapter 10-The Advice

My One and Only

I kept running while my tears were falling down my face.  As soon as I got back to our dorm, I pounded on the front door screaming “Open up!  Let me in!”


I kept pounding on the door until Jiyoung finally open up and shouted “Yah!  What the hell is wrong with you?!”


I ran past Jiyoung and straight to my bedroom.  I lock the door so my members couldn’t get in.  I jump into my bed and buried my face into my Hello Kitty pillow.  I heard my members pounding on my door shouting “Nicole!  Are you okay?  Open up!  What’s wrong?!”


I hated crying in front of people and I definitely did not want my members to see me like this.  I am supposed to be the strong one out of the group.  I quickly wipe my tears away and shouted “I’m fine….please leave me alone for a half hour!”


“Nicole!  You open this door up right now or else we are going to break it down!” scream Gyuri.


What the hell?  I already told them to leave me alone for a half hour!  What didn’t they understand about that?  I angrily got up and yank the door open and gave my members the death stare.


“Please leave me alone for a half hour!  That is all I ask!  If you guys think I’m going to hurt myself, you’re wrong!”  I slam my door in their face and lean against the door with my back.


“What the hell is her problem?” I heard Hara.
 

“Maybe we should call manager uniee…I have never seen Nicole like this…” Jiyoung said sounding worried.
 

“No…let’s leave her alone for now…I will come back and check up on her.” said Gyuri.
 

“But….uniee…” trail off Seungyeon.


“Let’s go…” Gyuri said pushing the members.


The girls look at each other without saying anything and slowly walk away from Nicole’s bedroom.
I crawled into bed and the next thing I knew my eyes were starting to water up again.  I need a nap…maybe if I wake up this will all be just a dream….just a dream…
 

Two hours later, I woke up hearing someone singing through my door.  I listen and it was a voice that I haven’t heard in long time.  I have missed this friend so much!  I got up from my bed and lean against the door listening to the sweet song that was being sung by this friend.
 
Song: Best Friend
Whenever I'm down, I call on you my friend
A helping hand you lend, in my time of need so I
I'm calling you now, just to make it through
What else can I do, don't you hear my please
Friends may come and friends may go

But you should know that
I've got your back, it's automatic
So never hesitate to call
Cuz I'm your sister and always for ya and I

I don't know what I'd ever do without you
From the beginning to the end
You've always been here right beside me
So I'll call you my best friend
Through the good times and the bad ones
Whether I lose or If I win
I know one thing that never changes and
That's you as my best friend

Whenever I'm down
With all that's going on, It's really going on
Just one of those days
You say the right thing, to keep me moving
To keep me going strong, what else can I say

Friends are there through thick and thin
Well I've been told that
And I believe that it's automatic
Call me when you need a friend
Cuz I'm your sister and always for ya and I don't know

I'll be there for you
When you're going through,
Wouldn’t you be my friend?
Friend you can count on me
Call me when you need me

“Are you going to open up the door for me or should I sing you another song?” said my friend.

I slowly open up the door and standing in front of me was no other than my good friend Nana.  She smiled at me and said “God…you look horrible!  Let’s beauty you up!”

Nana pushed me out of the way and barged into my bedroom.  Nana was carrying two shopping bags with her and said “We haven’t done this in a while; I’d figured today would be the day.”


In Nana’s shopping bags were make-up and hair accessories.  I giggled and roll my eyes at her.  I shut the door and Nana look at me and said “You have a lot of talking to do to me young lady….and I only have two hours….so we have to make this quick.”

I sat down on the floor while Nana sat on my bed.  She stared brushing my hair with a hair brush and quietly said “Gyuri uniee call me.  She told me what happen, and I practically had to beg my manager to let me come here…luckily he agreed…but the sad part is that I can only stay for two hours…we are flying back to Japan later in the evening.”

I smiled to myself.  It felt really good to have people around me that cared. 

“Vent to me woman…what’s going on?” Nana said.

I took a deep breath and started talking away.

30 minutes later……

“So…what do you think I should do?” I ask Nana.

“Well…first of all, you need to figure out who you’re interested in.  Second of all, someone is going to get hurt either way.  Third, whoever you choose to be with, you need to explain to the other one why you chose to be with that person.  There is going to be a winner and a loser.  The loser will have to respect your decision.  Whatever decision you make, don’t regret it.  Also, keep in mind that there will be tension between the 91-liner members for a while.  No one likes to be involved in other people’s business and no one likes to take sides.  Don’t involve anyone else in it.” Nana said while pouring glitter into my hair.

Nana hand a good point….suddenly an idea pop into my mind.  I turn around to face Nana and said “What happens if I decline both of them?  Then there won’t be any drama or tension between any of us!” 

Nana shook her head at me and said “Silly girl.  You can’t force someone NOT to like you.  When they like you…the feeling will always be there.  You can’t avoid it…it’s better to face it.  Let fate decide what will happen…just go with the flow.  The more you think about it, the more stress out you will get.  Everything happens for a reason….and it’s always for the best.  You can’t please everyone…besides…if the loser doesn’t want to be friends with you or any of the 91-liner…then it’s his loss.”

I sigh to myself again…how did this happen to me?  Nana look at me smiling and said “You are one of my good friends Cola…and whatever decisions you make…you know I will always have your back.”

Nana stood up and held her hand out to me.  I gladly grab her hand and she helps me get up.  I hug her tightly and said “Thank you so much Nana…you’re the best!”

Nana pulls out from the hug and said “You’re welcome Nicole.  I hope everything works out.  Besides…I honestly don’t think you should be mad that Key kissed you.”

I look at Nana with a shocking express and said “He stole my first kiss!  It would had been different if Key and I were dating…not to mention that there were people staring at us when he kiss me…and who knows…there will be scandals about us now!  And what about Dongwoon?  What will he think of me?  He will probably think that Key and I are going out!”

“The answer is simple Nicole.  If you choose to be with Dongwoon, just tell him exactly what happen.  He will listen to you….even if Key stole your first kiss…I don’t think Dongwoon would care because you chose him in the end…so in the long run…Dongwoon would get more kisses from you than Key.” Nana said patting my head lightly.

“It’s just…I just don’t want Dongwoon or Key to get hurt…” I quietly said.

“Tell me the truth Nicole…WHO do you like?” said Nana looking into my eyes.

I honestly don’t know.  Who did I like?  At first it was Key, but after seeing the way how he acted back at the ice cream shop…I wasn’t so sure anymore.  Nana must of knew my answer so she gave me a small smile and said “Maybe you should hang out with both of them to find out who you like more?”

Hm…that sounded like a good idea…but the only problem is that had I slap Key in the face…I didn’t mean to do it…but he shouldn’t of acted like a jealous freak.  And if he wanted to kiss me…he should of ask and not force himself on me!  What made it worse was that he kissed me in public too!  I was pretty sure people were taking pictures of us!  How embarrassing! Urgh…the more I thought about it, the more annoyed I got.  Dongwoon on the other hand...

“Nicole!” Nana said swinging her hand in my face.

I blink my eyes and realized that Nana had been trying to get my attention.  “Sorry Nana…I was thinking too much again…”

Nana laughs and said “I kind of figured that out…anyway…I need to get back to my dorm.  Our flight to Japan leaves soon and I’m not done packing yet.”

Nana gave me a friendly hug and said “Whatever happens, text me and let me know what is going on…don’t leave me hanging…okay?”

I gave Nana a big smile and said “Don’t worry Nana, I will.  Thank you for tonight…you did a wonderful job fixing my hair too.  I really needed a friend…”

Nana hugs me in return and said “No probelme Cola...and good luck…because you’re really going to need it.  I think it’s going to be a nasty fight between Key and Dongwoon…but I’m sure everything will work out in the end.”

“I hope so Nana….I really hope so…” I quietly said.

I walk Nana out to her car and before she drove off, she roll her window down and shouted “Nicole, I will see you sooner than you think!  Take care of yourself and don’t forget to text me!”

I laugh and shouted back “Thank you Nana!  You take care of yourself as well!  Have a safe flight to Japan!”

We both waved good-bye to each other and I started heading back inside the house.  As soon as I closed the door, all of my members were in the living room staring at me.  I took a deep breath and said “I am so SORRY for the way how I acted earlier.  I didn’t mean to scream at you guys…I’m…” I started tearing up.

Gyuri, Hara, Jiyoung, and Seungyeon all got up from the couch and came to give me a hug.  Gyuri said “Shhhh….it’s okay Cola…don’t cry…we are here for you.”

“If you want to talk about it, we have all night.” said Hara.

I smile at my group members and said “It’s going to be a very long night then…”