XXXVIII - The Past Is Biting His

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Days passed like a blur to Woohyun. Myungsoo helped him with everything. They visited the sites he shortlisted and he thought of buying the one that he saw as a perfect location. He put the fully-paid piece of land that he owned on sale and with the help of Myungsoo who promised will personally handle everything, they sold it on time. He was able to buy a new land for the house he was going to build and he was excited.

 

Woohyun already met the with the builder team and they already discussed everything. Myungsoo was always there with him in every meeting they had. At times that Myungsoo couldn't accompany him, Sungyeol will replace Myungsoo. There were times that he would meet them in Myungsoo's office for a closed-door discussion; but he never wanted to meet any of them alone, especially the architect; Kim Hyuna. Something was off and familiar with her.

 

There was something unnerving on the way the architect looked at him. The first time they met, she was ogling him all throughout the meeting. The one time he met her because he had no choice, she came off as flirty even when discussing an official business; touching his hands, touching his thighs and sitting too close that it made him uncomfortable and harassed. It wasn't the first time that people were being flirtatious with him because he encountered clients who were throwing themselves at him. He gotten used to it and he had never been interested to any one of them. But the architect made him wanted to run away from her. He felt that she would be bringing trouble.

 

"Hyung."

 

"..."

 

"Hyung."

 

"..."

 

"Woohyun hyung!!!!" Woohyun got startled with the shout and it broke his reverie.

 

"What?" He saw Sungyeol in front of him.

 

"Hyung, I've been calling you since I came in but you're not on earth. Why?"

 

"I was thinking of something Yeol."

 

"What? The house?"

 

"No. The architect."

 

"Why? You have a meeting with her today with Myung. Are you mentally cheating on Sunggyu hyung?" He looked at his bestfriend with disbelief.

 

Woohyun told Sungyeol about Hyuna and his unsettling feeling that he couldn't shake off.

 

"What's her name again? I also thought she was awfully familiar when I met her the first time in Myungsoo’s office." Sungyeol asked.

 

"Kim Hyuna."

 

Woohyun saw his bestfriend's thinking face looking like trying to remember something far from the present.

 

"Hyung... Isn't the girl who followed you in highschool named Hyuna?"

 

"Who's she?" He asked in confusion.

 

"Your girlfriend for 3 days. You dumped her and she kept on following you after that and only stopped when she found another target. Wasn't Hyuna her name?"

 

Woohyun realized what Sungyeol was talking about. He had an ex-girlfriend for 3 days and he dumped her because she was a social climber. That girl was preying for popular rich boys in their high school and he was just curious about her that's why when she flirted with him, he started dating her. But that only lasted for 3 days. He ended it and moved on to the next one. She kept on following him but in the end, another handsome rich boy caught her attention.

 

"Oh my god Yeol. I remembered now. That's her! That's why she seemed familiar. What will I do? I already signed the contract with her team." He was panicky because if Sunggyu found out about everything, he didn't know what will happen to them. Sunggyu's reaction from Jinwoon still lingered at the back of his mind; everything that happened that day, he couldn't forget.

 

"Tell Myung. He might help you. You're with him later."

 

"No. Myungsoo called me and he couldn't be with me because of an emergency meeting. Yeol, accompany me. I couldn't meet her alone. I don’t want to be put in a situation I couldn’t get out."

 

"But hyung I..."

 

"Please Yeol." He was begging Sungyeol because he didn't want to be alone with Hyuna.

 

"Ok. But help me and get me off the hook because I won't be able to finish my report. The deadline of that report is today. The general manager will chastise me again."

 

Woohyun immediately called the GM's office informing him that Sungyeol will submit the report tomorrow with a reason that he tasked him to do something urgent.

 

"What time is the meeting again and where?"

 

"At 1:30pm. At the café near Kim Empire. Yeol, how would I tell Myung? He arranged everything for me. He pulled out Hyuna's team from one of their hotel projects because her team was the top one team in the company. He also wanted the best for Sunggyu's house."

 

"Just tell him hyung. Myung will find a way. He may look naive and innocent but he's smart. He'll help you." Sungyeol comforted him until he calmed down.

 

"How could this get more complicated Yeol? Hiding all this plan was nerve-racking enough because I never kept any secrets from Gyu."

 

"You wanted to give him his dream house as a surprise and I know you won't do it if you're not planning to propose to him and marry him. Why not propose to Gyu hyung while building the house?"

 

"Do you think Hyuna will stop? Even I proposed to Gyu first or get married first, I still have to meet that 's face. She might ruin us and I can feel that she will bring trouble to us.”

 

"Then let us tell Myung to make this project a priority and finish it earlier. You've been saving for a house for too long; I don't think budget will be a problem. That house is a combination of yours and Gyu hyung's dream house. The sooner it's finished, the sooner you’ll get rid of her and the sooner you can propose and marry Sunggyu hyung."

 

"I might do that Yeol. I need this to be over fast before I got busted for keeping this a secret. Meet me at the lobby in 20 minutes. I just need to fix things here."

 

Woohyun became determined to work on the house fast. It had to be completed quick. He didn't want to rush it because he wanted the details to be exactly what Sunggyu wants; but with Myungsoo's help it might be feasible. He needed Dongwoo in on the secret as well. Dongwoo surely knew what Sunggyu wants. They were joined in hip. It would be impossible if Dongwoo didn't know Sunggyu's taste.

 

*****

 

Dongwoo was on working lunch when he received Woohyun's call.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter