XXVII - Improvements and Changes

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunggyu was surprised with all the attentions he was getting from Woohyun. They couldn't meet each other because of work but his boyfriend was making all the efforts to make him happy and feel loved even he's on the other side of the city. As days passed, he felt that he's getting back to the same person he was used to be with Woohyun.

 

It got easier since they talked. He was allowing himself to slowly open up with everything. He realized that Woohyun was right. Woohyun was still the same person that he knew and became friends with after his moment of insanity. With all the emotions spilt since the night of Woohyun’s confession, he found out that it was really him who made it harder for them because his mind was closed off to the fact that they’re in a relationship now; that his heart no matter how it loved Woohyun, his mind was overshadowing him and kept on telling him that he may love Woohyun but they should stay as friends. But he had to change his ways. He had to be more open and welcome their relationship with open arms; for Woohyun, for him and for their love.

 

 

It was just another busy day in the clinic and he and Sungjong were taking a short break.

 

"Gyu hyung, why is Woohyun hyung isn't showing up here in our clinic to see you. When he was delivering the flowers, he always wanted to get a glimpse of you even he's hiding." Sungjong asked curiously.

 

"I told him not to."

 

"Why? You didn't want people ogling your handsome boyfriend?"

 

"Jjong, his office is at the other side of Seoul. It's far from here. I didn't want him to travel this far just to spend more time on the road than staying here. And we have our own lives to live. It isn't right for us to revolve our lives with each other only."  He explained.

 

"But, you just started your relationship. Wouldn't it be nice if you spend more time together? Isn't that's what should happen days and weeks after?"

 

"If you're still young, yes. But, when you matured enough, you'll understand that there's more to love than spending each and every minute with your boyfriend or girlfriend. And, Woohyun and I were ok with this."

 

"Is it still awkward?" Everyone knew suprisingly.

 

"Yes, at times. But I was starting to get used to it."

 

It wasn't even a week since they started their relationship. With Woohyun's patience and understanding, he started to ease up a bit. He often called to check on him and for 2 days Woohyun sent him food deliveries for lunch and even snacks. He kept on surprising him with all the affections which made him soften more. It was always Woohyun who initiated everything. Because, He himself still had some reservations in initiating things for them.

 

"Hyung, have you told him your upcoming 2-week vacation?"

 

Sunggyu gaped. He completely forgotten it at all. He'll be leaving for a US trip on the 2nd week of September. Sunggyu planned to use the plane ticket that was given to him & his ex-fiancé for their supposed to be honeymoon. He decided to make use of it than have it go to waste. It was already paid anyway.

 

"You didn't? Better tell him earlier hyung. He might be surprised if you tell him too late"

 

"I will."

 

They were just starting and he has to go for a long trip. How can he inform the younger about it.

 

 

Woohyun was currently in a meeting with the Research Department of their clothing line discussing the styles and designs that were popular in formal wears and gowns nowadays. He didn't know why he was so bored with the meeting and he wanted it to end now. Why are clothes so boring? He didn't feel this way when the meeting was about their electronic products; but no matter how boring this meeting was, he had to listen.

 

"Sajangnim, we did our study and it will be best if our main target consumers are those popular artists. We can also have them model the designs."

 

"I don't think we would have a problem with that. The fabric that we're going to use is popular enough to attract the consumers. Anyway, the HR already hired people that will man the Production and Design Department of Nam Clothing. Your department will have to coordinate with them. For now, we'll end the meeting here. Take your early lunch and be back at 1:00pm. Thank you all." Woohyun stood-up and walked out the conference room.

 

When he arrived at his office he leaned on his chair and closed his eyes. He didn't understand anything that were discussed during the meeting. He would have to rely with the minutes of meeting which his secretary will hand-in in a while. The new business would be opened publicly on January next year and they had to finish everything early or his people will work on holidays and he didn't want that.

 

Woohyun heard knocks on his door. He opened his eyes and saw his secretary going in with Sungyeol trailing at the back.

 

"Sajangnim, these are the minutes of meeting." He reached for the 2 identical documents and stamped the other one with 'Received' then handed it back to the secretary.

 

After his secretary was out of sight he faced his bestfriend who was sitting in front of him.

 

"Sungyeol, there was a problem with the design of the laptop. The materials that has to be used are too small and no one is manufacturing those sizes at the moment. Your design team has to revise some of the dimensions of the parts. Here is the list of sizes available." He handed the paper to Sungyeol.

 

Their new laptop model release will be April of the next year and the design department which he put under the umbrella of production department has to fix the design before the month ends so they can start the production of prototype.

 

"Ok hyung. The procurement department also informed me in brief about this I was just not informed of the details. I'll meet with the team later."

 

"Good. You can go now."

 

"Why are you grumpy? It's only 11:30." Sungyeol asked him.

 

"I had a meeting for the clothing line. I didn't understand anything and I have to rely on these minutes." He waved the document on his hands.

 

"Was it boring?"

 

"It was! Why do I have to agree with this? I don't know anything about clothes. And it's only formal wear that we'll produce but the terms that they used were all so foreign to me." Woohyun continued ranting.

 

"Well, start learning about it now." Sungyeol said while laughing at his misery.

 

"Ugh... How I wish I didn't have to. So, go now and I'll have to review this paper."

 

When Sungyeol left, he tried reviewing the minutes and at the same time doing his research about the unfamiliar terms on the internet. It made his head ache because there was too much that he had to study and learn about this project.

 

Woohyun heard his phone rings. He reached out on it and answered the call.

 

"Hello."

 

"Woohyun, are you at your office?" His father.

 

"Yes appa. Why?"

 

"I'm on my way there now. Are you done with your meeting?"

 

"Yup. I'm currently reading the minutes. I'll discuss with you when you arrive."

 

"Ok. See you soon son."

 

"Bye appa." He put his phone on the table and continued with what he's doing. Then he remembered he has to call Sunggyu. It's almost lunch time.

 

 

Sunggyu was finishing his last consult before lunch time. He had too many referrals today and it broke his heart that these children have to undergo surgery at a young age.

 

"Mrs. Son, we need to have your son undergo series of tests and blood works again. These are the requests. You need to present this at any laboratories you prefer. For now, I'm going to give him some medications for his current condition. We'll talk about the surgery when the lab results are in." Sunggyu explained to the mother of a 6 -year old with a developmental defect.

 

"Thank you, Dr. Kim. We'll see you next week. Dongwoon, say goodbye the doctor."

 

"Goodbye Dr. Kim." Sunggyu got down on his knee and ruffled the kid's hair.

 

"Be good to your mother, ok? Next time I'll give you chocolates." The kid's eyes lit up when he heard chocolates.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. So be a good boy."

 

"Yes Dr. Kim." He hugged the boy before escorting them to the door.

 

"He's adorable hyung. It's sad that he had to undergo surgery. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter