XXII - A Dozen of Flowers A Day

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday

 

Sungjong was waiting for Woohyun outside the hospital, it's only the window of opportunity to meet him while Sunggyu is busy with his MD notes in the OR station. He had to lie about meeting his brother outside so he can leave the OR theater while Sunggyu is closing the patient's incision.

 

"Jjong!”

 

"Hyung, you finally came. You should bring this earlier than this hour or we wouldn't have time to meet. The corridor linking this building to the main building is just around the corner; the chances that he'll see you here is very high. I can't always lie that I'll meet someone out here; it will become suspicious. I can say that this was delivered and left to the guard but as you see, guards were on rounds on this hour."

 

"How can I know when you're not working in the OR? I need your schedule so I can plan the time." Woohyun replied.

 

"Ok ok. I'll text you the free time between patients starting tomorrow. Now, go! Hyung will be in the clinic any minute now." He chased away Woohyun in a rush and walked to the clinic. He has to do this secret wooing / admirer thing plan until Friday.

 

The plan was to send a dozen of roses a day to Sunggyu with an attached letter; and Sungjong will be the one to deliver to the clinic with as many excuses as he can make as to where he got the flowers. Today, he reasoned about meeting his brother, Hoya.

 

As expected, Sungjong already found Sunggyu inside when he opened the door. He exhaled and went in holding the bouquet carefully.

 

"Sungjongie, beautiful flowers. Who gave you? Sunggyu asked him.

 

"Not mine hyung, yours." He handed the blue roses to his boss.

 

"Who gave this?" Sunggyu asked curiously while taking the note in a white paper n between the flowers.

 

"I don't know hyung. The guards gave it to me before they make their facility rounds." Sungjong turned his back to the doctor so his lies will not be caught.

 

*****

 

Sunggyu was beyond shocked that he received a bouquet of blue roses from someone and he isn’t even a girl. He hasn't received flowers for a long time and it's odd for him to know that he has an admirer or some sort. He opened the note included in the bouquet. The white paper looked like customized with a faint image of tree in the middle. He started reading the note.

 

Sunggyu-ssi

 

I know you are curious of who on this earth would send you flowers. Honestly, I don't even know if you like flowers.

 

When I first saw you, you were like a mystery to me that I didn't realize that I want to uncover. I didn't have any courage to appear in front of you now but I hope soon, I would have one.

 

Have a great day Sunggyu-ssi. I hope the flowers make you smile.

 

 

27Tree

 

Sunggyu finished reading the note and looked at the blue roses resting on the table. It was the first time he received blue roses from someone let alone receive it from a person he has no idea who. 27Tree... What is it? Is it some kind of a code? He mentally pondered but later on, he shrugged it off. He had not time to think what it means because he has a long list of consulation.

 

 

Tuesday

 

Woohyun was early. He tried hiding somewhere Sunggyu can't see him. He'll be meeting Sungjong again and he knew the nurse is on break between surgeries. Today, he bought a dozen of peach roses. He had no idea how Sunggyu reacted yesterday but he's hoping it made the doctor smile.

 

When he saw Sungjong approaching he immediately walked towards him and handed the roses.

 

"What's his reaction yesterday Jjong?" He asked.

 

"He was curious hyung. He thought the flowers were mine at first when I entered the clinic. We never got a chance to talk about it since we were flooded with patients the whole day. I have to get going hyung. Surgery will start in 10 minutes. Gyu hyung will get mad if I'm late." Sungjong said in a rush

 

Woohyun drove off from the hospital to Dongwoo's company. He got a call from Dongwoo about the music he's going to use and the band he'll be performing with.

 

*****

 

Jang Ent. Training Building

 

 

"Woohyun!" Dongwoo greeted him.

 

"Hyung, what's up?" Woohyun sat in front of Dongwoo while waiting for the update.

 

"Woohyun, the PD will lend you the copy of the music on its band version but there's a catch. Since it's an official recording and the singers of the song are still using it, you need to pay fees for the copyright to use it. He'll send me the recording today if you agreed on the terms." Dongwoo explained.

 

"Hyung, it's fine with me. I told you I'm willing to shell-out money for this."

 

"You're whipped man!" Dongwoo while contacting the PD.

 

While waiting for Dongwoo, he stood up and look at the pictures on top of a waist-high cabinet at the right side of the room. There were pictures with his family, with Sunggyu and Myungsoo, Hoya and with various kpop idols. On the other corner of the office were rows of recognitions the CEO received in business field.

 

"Woohyun." Dongwoo called him. "Here's the account #. You can transfer the payment online. You can connect to our wifi to access your account on your phone if you want to pay it right now."

 

Woohyun, didn't think twice. He connected to the Wi-Fi and sent the payment.

 

"About the band, I already called one of the bands who were always using our training facility, they're already at the music room and we're going to meet them now."

 

They exited Dongwoo's office and went to the 10th floor where the music room is. Woohyun explained to the band the event that will take place and they willingly agreed since they already knew the song they're going to perform. It was decided that they will start practicing by tomorrow until Saturday morning.

 

After the meeting, Woohyun departed and went to his company to start his day.

 

*****

 

SNUH Clinics

 

Sunggyu opened his clinic door and was greeted by the peach roses on his desk. He looked at Sungjong with questioning eyes since they were only the two who has the key to his clinic.

 

"Hyung, the receptionist was the one who gave that to me this morning. I can't take it to the OR, so I put it here." Sungjong tried explaining hoping Sunggyu would buy it.

 

"The one sending me this is wasting money. I don't know who's he and feels like I'm being stalked." Sunggyu commented while taking the note attached. Again, it was signed by 27Tree. "Who the hell signs 27Tree?!" A rhetorical question.

 

Beside him, Sungjong can't help but snicker hearing the pen name used by Woohyun. Very obvious and very telling stupid Woohyun hyung. And it's funny that the smart Gyu hyung couldn't figure it out. He thought and he saw Sunggyu reading the letter.

 

 

Sunggyu-ssi,

 

First of all, thank you for accepting my flowers yesterday. I didn't know what your reaction was but I want to believe that it made you smile even a little.

 

I want to show you my sincerity through sending you a bouquet of flowers. I hope you can see the genuineness of my intention and of my heart and not thinking that I'm some kind of a stalker because, I assure you that I'm not.

 

Anyway, I hope you will have a good day again.

 

27Tree

 

 

Sunggyu folded the letter and put it in his bag. Truth is, didn't feel any creepy feeling reading the letter. He's purely curious as to who is this person trying to send him flowers and write him letters. In his existence, he never experiences having any secret admirers, he never even went to any blind dates. Hence, instead of feeling like being stalked, he's more of puzzled at the same time amused by the effort. Who writes love letters these days? He inwardly chuckled.

 

 

Wednesday

 

Sunggyu received yellow roses today and he saw it in his clinic before his shift even started. As usual, he asked Sungjong about it when he entered the OR and Sungjong told him that the delivery came directly from the flower shop who delivers flowers early morning. He kept the letter attached without reading it since he has to be in the OR right away.

 

When the clinic hours started, Sunggyu suddenly opened the topic about the flowers he’s receiving.

 

"You know what Jjong, whoever were sending these flowers was really insistent." Sunggyu said while they were waiting for their next patient. "It wasn't giving any stalker vibes but more on skittish vibe. Seems like the one sending it was scared to approach me thus doing these greasy stuffs."

 

"Are you curious hyung who's your admirer?"

 

"A bit. Who wouldn't be? It's flattering but it would be nice to know who's it." Sungjong turned back to secretly smile.

 

Sunggyu opened the letter and read the message.

 

 

Sunggyu-ssi,

 

I hope these yellow roses will send warmth in your heart. I want you to know that I'm trying to muster up a courage to show myself in front of you.

 

For weeks, I've been trying to think why I can't do it but I have to overcome the shyness in me so I can come clean to you in the future.

 

Hopefully, I can see you soon.

 

 

27Tree

 

 

Meanwhile, Woohyun started his band practice. It’s been a very long time since he held a mic and he's afraid that he's going to mess up. Dongwoo watched him while they practiced and he's giving him a good response.

 

"Woohyun, you have a good voice. Why aren't you an idol?" Dongwoo asked.

 

"Never my dream hyung. I was in our school band with Sungyeol and I did it for fun only. I think you knew my band members who are also my closest friends. They're in the entertainment industry." He replied.

 

"Really? Who?" Curious Dongwoo asked.

 

"Kibum of Shinee and Junhyung, PD of the group Highlight."

 

"I knew them. But Junhyung-ssi is older than you. How come you two became close?"

 

"Because of the band. He also helped me a lot with music. I would've asked him, Key and Sungyeol to play on Saturday but I realized that Key and Junhyung hyung have no free time and moreover, they will surely embarrass me after confessing to Sunggyu hyung so, I scratched that idea."

 

"You really like my bestfriend, don't you?"

 

"Alot. I also think what I feel isn't a mere like. I think this is love hyung. I've never felt this way before even with my ex-boyfriend." Woohyun looked at Dongwoo hoping the elder will see his sincere feelings to his bestfriend.

 

"Just don't hurt him Woohyun. If your confession went well, please don't betray him. If you would have a change of heart in the future, it's better to be honest with him; he would appreciate it more than being lied to. That's all we're asking Woohyun. Me, Myungsoo and Sungjong are the closest to him and we're giving you a chance to make him happy if he accepts you, so please, don't waste it."

 

Woohyun understood Dongwoo's care for his bestfriend. He was the one who witnessed what Sunggyu went through and in turn, he and the others became protective of him; not in a suffocating kind of way but in loving and nurturing way.

 

"I promise and I'll try hard not to break this promise. I love Gyu hyung and I'll do my best to make him feel loved and feel the love he deserves."

 

 

Thursday

 

Thursday was a toxic day for Sunggyu. Aside from too many patients flooding his clinic, two of his scheduled surgeries gone complicated thus, he had to stay longer in the OR making it late to open the clinic. It didn't help that he was also called for an emergency in the ER because of multiple consults due to road accident involving kindergarten students whose school bus lost control due to slippery road.

 

Sunggyu couldn't helped but sigh. This was what he signed for when he decided to become a doctor let alone a surgeon. He was resting inside his clinic when he heard a knock. The door opened and he saw their building receptionist peeked.

 

"Jieun-ssi, come in. What brought you here?"

 

"Dr. Kim, someone left this for you." Jieun gave him a bundle of dark pink roses.

 

"Did you see who left this?"

 

"Unfortunately, no doc. But the new receptionist with me who received it said tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter