Ring 008

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DARA

 

It's been a week since the party, and Youngbae has become a constant visitor in the bookstore. I didn't say anything after he told me that he was captivated by me the first time he saw me. I'm surprised and I couldn't believe that the likes of him will admire me. 


 

I'm thankful that he didn't bring up that topic again every time I saw him. But it was obvious that it wasn't only friendship he wanted from me. 


 

He started to give me flowers and sometimes ask me out for dinner. I loved his company because there's no dull moments when he was around. He always has a topic to talk about, but I don't have any feelings for him more than a friend.


 

Today he invited me to attend Seunghyun's birthday party and he said he wanted to introduce me to Jiyong because he was curious about me. I declined many times but he was persistent and he even bought me a dress and shoes for the party. 


 

A delivery man knocked on my door around one in the afternoon.  Today is Saturday. That's why I'm still sleeping when a knock woke me up. 


 

This past week all I wanted to do was sleep whenever I had free time. I always feel tired, and feel dizzy once in a while but nothing serious. 


 

When I received the box there's a note attached. " Wear this tonight.  Pick you up at seven." I called him as soon as I read his note but he didn't pick up. I sent him messages but he didn't reply as well. He's annoying sometimes. I'm sure he purposely ignored my calls and messages. I sigh. I don't want to go but this guy won't accept a no as an answer. 


 

I dragged myself inside the bathroom after I ate my late brunch, and took a bath. And started to prepare for the party even though my body feels heavy.  


 

The party will be held at the Choi residence with only family and close friends invited. But the thing I'm dreading is meeting Jiyong but I couldn't avoid meeting him in person forever since Youngbae always attached himself to me. 


 

I sighed and went into the living room after I'm satisfied with my look and settled down on the couch waiting for Youngbae to come and pick me up.


 

The dreaded time came when a knock came five minutes before seven.  I walked to the door and opened it and Youngbae was standing there with a bouquet of red tulips smiling at me.


 

"I hate you," I said annoyed. "I don't want to go. Why didn't you pick up my call?" I said and opened the door wider to let him in.


 

"Because I don't want you to decline again." He replied following behind me. " Flowers for you, beautiful." He smiled and handed me the flower.


 

"Youngbae, you know...


 

"It's getting late. Let's go." He picked up the paper bag which contained my gift for Seunghyun and held my hand and led me out of the door then locked it.


 

"Youngbae, you know...


 

"Think again, please, huh?" I can wait." He said as he opened the door for me. I sigh and just shut my mouth. 


 

"I'm sure you'll enjoy the party." He smiled, changing the topic, smiling.  I slump on my seat and he just chuckled then poke my cheek. He always cuts me off if he feels that I will talk about what I feel about him. He knows I will turn him down but doesn't want to hear it.


 

"Cheer up." You'll enjoy the party I'm sure of that. Jiyong and I had a surprise for Seunghyun and you will love watching it." I just sighed and fixed my eyes outside the window, not failing to see the sadness that crossed his eyes.


 

"I'm so sorry Youngbae, but I'll be your friend until you want it. You're a good person. I'm sure someone was meant for you out there." I thought sadly.


 

The car slowed down when it got near the Choi residence. It's a three story mansion with a low wall surrounding it. You could see the wide backyard which is now decorated for the party and was lit with different colored lights. Soft music is playing and there are few people inside. 

 

The automatic gate opened and Youngbae drove inside, and parked his car beside many cars that were parked in front of the house.


 

Youngbae stepped out of the car and I followed but earned a deathly glare from him but I Just shrugged my shoulders smiling. He always wanted to be the perfect gentleman and he always got annoyed if I  didn't let him be.


 

"How many times have I told you to let me open your door?" He hissed.


 

"And how many times have I told you that I can manage?" I said, smiling at him. He sighed and put one hand over my shoulder and guided me to the back of the mansion where the party was held.


 

"Dara, dear I'm happy you could make it." Mrs. Choi said and pulled me in a welcoming hug.


 

"Youngbae don't accept a no for an answer. He is so annoyingly persistent." Youngbae chuckled beside me while Krystal giggled.


 

"He is always persistent.  You should get used to it." She said smiling. 


 

"I'm trying to get used to it." I scoffed when Youngbae laughed beside me.


 

"Jiyong already came? And where's the birthday boy?" Youngbae asked and my heart skipped a beat with the mention of Jiyong's name.


 

"Jiyong wasn't here yet, and Seunghyun may be inside talking to some of his acquaintances."


 

"Why is Jiyong not here yet?"


 

"You both sit first, Jiyong is very busy nowadays. I'm sure he is still in his office. Dara, do you want a drink or anything to eat?"


 

"Don't mind us, Mommy Krystal. We can manage. Just entertain your other guests. We just sat over there for a while."


 

"Okay, you guys go ahead. Dara, don't be a stranger. Just take and eat whatever you want. I'll be joining you in a few. I'll just wait for Amber and Luna. They are on their way here."


 

"Don't mind me. I can manage Krystal." I said smiling and walked away with Youngbae. We took a drink and I took a slice of strawberry cake and we settled on one of the tables. I'm glad that Jiyong wasn't here yet. 


 

"What is this surprise you prepared for Seunghyun?" I asked.


 

"It's a secret. Don't worry, I'm sure you will enjoy watching it. Hey! Big bro." He called out when he saw Seunghyun stepping out of the back door. Seunghyun grinned and jogged to us.


 

Youngbae quickly stood up and gave him a brotherly hug." Happy birthday." He grinned and patted his back and pulled away from the hug, smiling.


 

"Happy birthday Seunghyun. This is for you. I hope you will like it." I said handing him the paper with my gift inside. 


 

"I love all the gifts that came from a beautiful woman like you." He said but winced when Youngbae elbowed him.



 

"Stop flirting, bro. Remember the bro code." Seunghyun chuckled and raised his both hands in surrender.


 

"Thank you, Dara, for the gift. Can I open it now? I'm excited about what was inside. I'm used to the gift I receive every year

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter