Ring 026

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JIYONG

 

I watched Mino whispering while talking on his phone. I always saw him like this as if he didn't want someone to hear him. Maybe he was talking to one of his women. I shook my head looking at the workers in front of us. 


 

It's been six months since I came to New York. Six months away from home. The basement parking lot is almost finished and we are now working on the first floor.  


 

I missed home but I'm not ready to see Youngbae and Dara living happily together. Until now I couldn't stop my heart to love her even knowing this will go into nothing.  I wanted to forget her, I tried to know other girls here in New York but I find them so liberated, and wild.


 

One time I saw this girl in the bar. She was alone, and she's Korean like us. She has similarities with Dara. I talked to her but before we got deep into the conversation Mino dragged me away saying that it was late and he wanted to go home now. I glared at him in annoyance but he just ignored me and walked straight to his car. I don't have any other choice but to follow him or I'll take a cab as transportation later, but I'm not comfortable taking a cab in foreign countries especially if I'm alone.



 

There's another time when a woman tried to hit on me, Mino suddenly appeared out of nowhere then stood between us and pulled out his phone, and discussed the project. He was rude but I only laugh when the girl shows him a middle finger glaring at him. As soon as the girl left he also leave beside me as if he did nothing and resume what he was doing. 


 

My mother is a different story. She visit me together with Dad three months ago. And she showed me all of Dara's photos that were stored in her phone while talking animatedly. As if she was talking about her daughter-in-law. I didn't want to listen but Dad, who was just sitting across from us, threw me a warning glare. I sigh and tried to block everything that she was saying. 


 

She didn't ask me to go home anymore. Instead, she said she will visit when she has free time. And since her visit every month she sent me a photo of Dara. I ranted to her about it but deep down I kept looking at those photos when I missed her. I saved it on my phone with a password making sure no one could see it.


 

Being pregnant suits her. She's glowing and looks more beautiful.  And now she is nearing delivering her baby. My mother forced me to send her a gift, but until now I couldn't think of a gift for her. 


 

I sigh and keep roaming around the construction site making sure everything is going according to the plan.


 

After work, I went to the mall to look around for a gift. I'm not very familiar with Dara. What things she likes. Mom told me to just buy clothes for the baby or a stuffed toy but I want my gift to be special. This would be my very first gift for her and I want her to love it.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter