Ring 015

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA

 

I felt envious of how close the Kwon, Dong, and Choi families were.  They treated each other like friends. No father or mother and I wonder how my own family would be. Are my parents like them too, my relatives how are they? I couldn't answer those questions because I don't know them.


 

As far as I know, I grew up in an orphanage. A good lady saw a one years old me on the street and brought me to the orphanage because she didn't know who my parents were and she couldn't afford to raise me.


 

That's what the staff in the orphanage told me, and the orphanage also gave me my name using the surname of the head of the orphanage.  I am lucky that those people who take care of me are good. There's a teacher who teaches us and when we reach the age of eighteen and no one adopted us we were free to leave or stay in the orphanage as a worker and they will send us to the university. 


 

But I didn't stay. I leave the orphanage with the pocket money that they give me. I found an apartment to rent and a part-time job and applied for a scholarship to a school that offers scholarships in the orphanage. I got the scholarship and that's how I became who I am right now, and seeing these people, how happy they are, I suddenly wanted to find my family. But I don't know how I started. I only have a necklace which the orphanage staff told me that I was wearing when the woman brought me there. I keep it because that's the only thing that connects me to my family and could help me find them.


 

It's a gold necklace with a butterfly pendant. The wings are pure gold but the body is pure diamond. I know it because one time I brought it to the pawnshop to see if it has value. I thought it was just fake but I am surprised at how expensive it is. The pawnshop wanted to buy it but I refused and just kept it. I'm afraid I might lose it. 


 

I watch Jiyong as he shuffles the cards with a smile plastered on his face. His face was a bit red because of alcohol, Youngbae and Seunghyun behind him both grinning and their father was busy talking and sitting on the couch laughing. Behind me, I could hear the laughter of their parents as well and I wonder how it could be if my parents were here too. 


 

For an hour of playing, I forgot I wasn't part of these families.  It is so fun and I enjoy it so much. The boys are all drunk and Jiyong looks so adorable pouting because he lost again, and said he doesn't want to play anymore, and I could see the annoyance on his face. I wanted to pinch his rosy cheek, he is so adorable right now like a six years old kid.


 

"Amber, which way is the toilet?"  I wanted to use the toilet for a few minutes but I just held it. I wanted to finish this round before I go and it was good timing because Jiyong doesn't want to play anymore.


 

"You go straight over there then turn left. There's a guest toilet there." Amber told me the direction and I quickly excused myself and rushed to the toilet. This pregnancy sometimes keeps me going to the toilet. 


 

I held my hand and fixed myself after I'm done, then went out of the toilet but I was startled seeing Jiyong leaning on the wall outside. I smiled after I regained myself.


 

"You want to use the toilet? You go ahead. I'm done." I told him and walked past him but he grabbed my wrist startling me again. 


 

"What's wrong?" I asked. Worried that he wasn't feeling better. I moved closer to him but one of his arms wrapped on my waist and the other behind my head and pulled me close to him. My eyes widened when his lips pressed to mine and I gasped in surprise, but he grabbed that chance to slide his tongue in my mouth to deepen the kiss. 


 

If it was a normal circumstance I would enjoy this but he was drunk and I know he doesn't mean this at all. It is the alcohol in his system ordering him to do this. How could he do this to me when the first time we meet he doesn't show any interest in me.


 

I struggled from his hold punching his back and arms but it was like punching a brick, I didn't stop struggling and when his hold on me loosened a bit I grabbed that chance to land a strong slap on his face. I don't want to be molested by the person I like in his drunkard state. And I hate and feel disgusted that he would act like this when he got drunk.


 

He let go of me, and it seems like his senses come back. He looked at me with wide eyes, and I could see regret in his eyes.  


 

"Da...Dara... he stuttered. I wiped the tears that rolled down my face and quickly left him behind and returned to the living room but I suddenly felt dizzy. I staggered forward but thanks to Seunghyun who caught me before I fell on the ground.


 

"Are you alright?" He asked and helped me sit on the couch.  


 

"I feel dizzy," I murmured, leaning my head on the couch with my eyes closed.  Youngbae, who was on the couch beside me, quickly stood up, almost falling on the floor but his mother helped him up. 


 

"What happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter