Ring 025

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Dara

 

It's been a month since I found out about my family. And I moved in with them together with Ana and Felix.  I stopped working at the bookstore because Amber doesn't want me to work while I'm pregnant as well as my mother.  


This whole month all I did was visit my OB when I had a schedule together with my mother and sometimes my brother, walking in the garden every morning,  reading books about pregnancy and how to take care of an infant.  When I feel bored Mom and Dad will bring me to the mall to buy things for my baby, or I went to the park together with Ana.


My identity is still hidden. I don't want my peaceful life to be disturbed by the media, especially since I am pregnant. I do want someone following me around.  

 

I smiled, roaming my eyes around the nursery room that my parents built for my baby.  It was painted in white because we still don't know the gender. I don't take an ultrasound because I want it to be surprised.


I stood up from the rocking chair I am sitting in and picked up the SpongeBob stuff toys. Aunt Amber said Jiyong sent this for my baby. It was a limited edition and I'm sure it was expensive.  I smiled and hugged it. 


"Jiyong, I miss him even though I don't have the right to feel it towards him but I just miss him." I sigh and return the stuffed toys inside the crib and leave the nursery and go downstairs to eat lunch. 


"Felix." I was surprised to see him step inside the front door crying. He rushed to me and wrapped his arms around my waist sobbing.


"What happened?  Do you still have class?" I asked worriedly. 


"Felix, what happened?" Ana rushed to us. I'm sure she heard her son crying.

 

"Mama." He cried and threw himself to his mother, open arms. 


"What happened? Why are you back home when you still have class?" Ana asked, wiping his tears.


"Mama, I don't want to go to school anymore.  My classmates are bullying me. They said I am not fit in their school because I am poor. They said I am the son of a maid and should only go to public school. They always throw my things."


"Don't listen to them, Okay? Are you ashamed of me?"


"No, Mama. I'm proud of you. I just want to ignore them but they always throw things. Can I just go back to my old school?"


"Did you tell your teacher about this?" I asked and he shook his head.


"Next time when they bully you, tell your teacher so that your teacher scolds them. You can't go back to your old school because it's far from here."  He lowered his head and sobbed. 

"Okay, if they don't stop after you report them to your teacher, we will find a new school for you. How's that?" I asked, running my fingers on his hair.


"Okay."


"Did your teacher know that you went home?" Ana asked.


"No."


"It's okay, Ana. I'll call his teacher. "Have you eaten your lunch?" He shook his head again. "Okay, you wash up and then we eat lunch." He nodded his head and I nodded to Ana, who said thank you before she guided his son in their room.


I dialed his teacher's number, and she picked it up after three rings. "Hello, good afternoon?"


"Hello Miss Ariel, this is Felix's guardian.  I just want to inform you that Felix has come home. He said ``you don't know that's why I  informed you so that you won't worry."


"So he went home. That kid does whatever he wants. He doesn't listen to me."


"What? How?" I was surprised. I know Felix and he always listens and is eager to learn. 


"I asked him to copy what I am writing on the board but he didn't do it instead he was talking to his seatmate. Sometimes he picks a fight with his classmate."


"Don't worry I'll talk to him about it," I told her even though I don't believe what she is saying. I know Felix and he is a good kid.


"Okay, Miss Park, and thank you for informing me."


"You are welcome. Bye, Miss Ariel." I told her and hung up. I waited for Felix to come back to ask him what his teacher told me, even though I don't believe his teacher. I wanted to know the reason why he was talking to his classmate.


Fifteen minutes later he came back fresh from the shower and Ana followed behind him.


"Felix I already called your teacher to inform her that you are back home but she told me something. She told me that you don't listen to her. She said that when she told you to take down notes you didn't do it instead you are talking to your classmate. Is it true?" His lips quiver.


"Don't cry, I'm not mad. I'm sure you have a reason why you are talking to your seatmate and not doing what she asks you. What is it?"


"Felix." Ana glared at him, which caused him to burst into tears.


"I'm not taking down notes because he took my paper, and I'm talking to him because I asked him to give it back to me." He sobbed. Ana's tears rolled down her cheeks this time and she pulled her son in her embrace.


"Don't cry, Mama is not mad." Ana cooed him, wiping his tears.


"Tomorrow if they did it again, tell your teacher and if they still didn't stop I'll go to your school and talk to your teacher." He nodded his head between his hiccups.


"Okay, let's eat our lunch. Now stop crying." He hiccups a few times wiping his tears and follows me to the dining area with Ana beside him.


Mom and Dad, as well as my brother, aren't home today. Dad and Youngbae are in the office while Mom meets a friend she hasn't seen for years.


Ana served our food before she settled down beside Felix.  Ana only works for me. She's the one who prepared my food, cleaned my room, and did my laundry, and she didn't do anything aside from that. She also accompanied me wherever I went because that's what my parents wanted.


"Come, You guys join us. Tell the others to eat lunch." I said to one of the helpers. I think her name is Marie.


"Okay, Miss Dara." She smiled and left to call the other. I'm glad that all the workers in the house are good for me and treat me with respect.


After a few minutes, Marie came back with four others. 


"Come, let's eat." They smiled and served themselves. 


"Miss Dara, you are so kind."


"Thank you,'' I replied, chuckling.

 

"Miss Dara is very kind, she is very good to Mama and me," Felix said. I just smiled listening to them talking about me.  It's so nice to eat with lots of company and full of laughter.


Around four in the afternoon  Ana received a parcel for me. It came from New York. I frowned but opened the box. I was surprised to see a maternity dress. There are five pairs and they all look expensive. I opened the card that was attached to it and I smiled and felt giddy to see that it came from Jiyong. 


"I'm sure these dresses will look good on you." Was written on the card.


"Why is he suddenly doing all this? Oh Jiyong, you're making it hard for me to forget my feelings for you."


"Where did it come from?" Mom asked,  walking into the livi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter