Ring 002

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong

 

Seunghyun and Youngbae, my childhood friends since diapers, and I fly to Jeju to celebrate my 25th birthday. I want to do everything I want without pressure before I take over the company. 


 

In a week my father wanted me to run the company because he wanted to rest and travel around the world together with my mother.  I know they've been planning that vacation for a long time but my father couldn't leave the company for a long time. 


 

So as soon as I finished my study, my father strictly trained me how to handle the company even though while I'm studying I already do part-time every time I have free time.


 

"Now he was satisfied with my performance and wanted to leave the company to my care. 


 

This is our fourth day here and here we are inside the bar to drown ourselves with alcohol. 


 

It was already past two in the morning when we got back to the hotel. They shared a room but I want a room for myself. They occupied room 510 four rooms away from me which is room 506 because this is the only available room when we took our booking.


 

I went straight to the bathroom as soon as I got inside my room and took a quick bath and threw my body above my bed. Tomorrow is our last day here and we already plan what we are going to do tomorrow. 


 

I'm already dozing off when I heard the banging of the door. At first, I ignored it but the noise is disturbing my sleep.


 

I angrily threw the comforter off my body and trudge to the door then yanked it open. I saw a woman banging the door beside my unit, and my anger heightened.  I hated desperate women. Why force yourself on a man if he doesn't want you. That's why men take advantage of them, and look down at them.



 

"What the hell woman. If you want to break a door do it in your home where no one can be disturb. Stop it or I will call the security to drag you away." I snarled and slammed the door closed. I trudge back to my bed and throw myself above it and pull the comforter around me.


 

I let out a sigh of relief when the noise stopped and finally fell asleep.


 

I was awakened by the ringing of my phone on my bedside table. I groaned and pressed the answer button with my eyes still closed.


 

"Hey! Bro, are you still sleeping? It's  four in the afternoon." Youngbae said and my eyes quickly opened. I checked the time on my phone and he is not lying. 


 

"I'm up." I lied, sitting up on my bed.  


 

"Come quick, we are in the restaurant downstairs."


 

"Why didn't you wake me up before you both went downstairs?" 

 

"We let you sleep more because today is your birthday. Now hurry, Seunghyun treat, will go clubbing after." He said then hung up. 


 

I groaned but quickly took a bath and changed then met them in the restaurant below. 


 

"Happy birthday little brother."  Seunghyun greeted and hugged me. I rolled with the little brother because I'm only two years younger than him but he always calls me like that for as long as I can remember.  His parents and my parents are childhood friends the same as Youngbae and we are all living near each other.


 

"Happy birthday Ji," Youngbae greeted and hugged me as well. Youngbae is three months older than me, they both see me as a Younger brother. The three of us are both only children in the family, that's why our parents treated the three of us as their children. 


 

"Thanks!" I chuckled when I saw the cake on top of the table with other food.

 

 

"Umm!! I think I passed for the cake. I'm scared of what was hidden inside it."  Three months ago when we celebrated Youngbae birthday, Seunghyun bought a cake as well, and when Youngbae blows the candle the cake explode startling Youngbae and me causing us to screamed in fright while Seunghyun burst into laughter holding his phone taking video with us.  No wonder he stays away from the cake.


 

"It wasn't me who bought the cake, it was Youngbae. I only bought the food." I was relieved to hear that because they never play pranks on us. It's only me and Seunghyun who played pranks on him.


 

Youngbae lit the candle and they sang happy birthday ignoring the stares of other customers around us. We always like this when we are together, loud, and don't mind the people around us. 


 

"Wish little bro." They said after singing the birthday song. I smiled, closing my eyes and making a wish. 


 

"I wish we stay like  this until we grow old." I blow the candle and they clap their hands like kids grinning.


 

"Cut the cake," Youngbae said, handing me a plastic knife.


 

"Can we eat first?"


 

"Okay, fine." I laughed and smacked his head when he pouted but laughed as well together with Seunghyun.



 

"After this let's go clubbing and drown ourselves with alcohol again. You second little restrain yourself tonight. It's your turn to be a babysitter and a driver." Seunghyun said and patted Youngbae who just shrugged his shoulders. Last night was Seunghyun and the previous two nights were mine. That's the downside if you are the younger ones. The first night we didn't drink, we just roamed around the place and bought some souvenirs for our parents.


 

"Okay, now cut your cake." Youngbae excitedly said after we finished eating. Seunghyun was grinning and it scared me. Something is on the cake.


 

"I don't want to eat cake. I'm full." I said hoping they would let me pass this time. But of course, they won't let me.


 

"No! No! Little bro. Your birthday isn't complete without cutting your cake. Hurry up, it's already six in the evening and I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter