Ring 028

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong



 

I've been in New York for three and a half years, and I didn't go back home even once. My parents were angry but I'm still not ready.


 

Mom promised to send me the picture of Dara's and Youngbae's son but she didn't do it. She said if I wanted to see little Ryong I should go home but I'm still hesitant to face Dara and Youngbae.


 

I felt hurt when Youngbae didn't get me as a godfather of his son, but I didn't voice it out. 

 

Mom still visits every month and always asks me to send a gift for Ryong. I wanted to see him even just his picture but Mom always caught me when I tried to steal her phone. I'm sure she has loads of pictures of him on her phone but she won't let me see them.


 

I asked Seunghyun one time if he could give me the picture of Ryong but he also declined, telling me to come home to see him in person. I was annoyed and I stopped asking them. 

 

The construction is almost finished. We are only in the finishing touch.  After three or four months I'm already done here, and I couldn't avoid them anymore. Maybe I need to find a girl, but no woman appeals to me here.


 

Allison and her friends are my constant visitors to the site, and we always went out for a drink together with Mino. Within three years Mino hooked up with Chaerin and now they are together.


 

Caleb finally gathered enough courage to tell Allison his feelings three months ago and now they are happily together and planning to get married next year. Saying they don't want to waste more time than they already did. 


 

Camilla shows interest in me but I'm still hesitant to give it a shot. She's beautiful,  kind, and caring. I'm sure whoever she ends up with is lucky to have her by her side. 



 

I sighed. Everyone is pushing us together except Mino who is always against it. He said she is not the woman for me. He said that the one meant for me is in Korea, and not here in New York.  I sigh if only Dara is that woman but it won't happen. 


 

"Boss, I have a date later. Don't go out without me." Mino said, peeking at the door of my office.


 

"I'm not your child Mino. Do whatever you want and I do what I want. Now go away."


 

"But sir, you can't take care of yourself when you are drunk. Please go out but don't drink so much that you cannot drive your car anymore."


 

"Okay, Dad,"  I said full of sarcasm. 

 

"Be a good boy, okay. Don't do things I won't do." He slammed the door closed when I threw a ruler at him. I shook my head and resumed my work.


 

Before my work ended, Allison, Camilla, and Caleb stepped inside my office both grinning.


 

"What?" I asked, and fix my things.


 

"Today is Camilla's birthday and you are invited." Allison cheerfully said.  I wanted to decline but maybe it's time to move on. I sighed.



 

"Okay, just give me a few minutes." They grinned and settled into my small receiving area, while I went inside the toilet bringing my extra clothes inside. I took a quick bath and fixed myself and went back to them.



 

"Ready? Allison asked cheerfully.



 

" Yes, let's go." I picked up my bag and followed them outside, locking my office.  We went to the basement where my car is parked, and I saw Caleb's car beside me as soon as we stepped out of the elevator. 



 

"Camilla, you want to ride with me?" She exchanges a stare with Allison smiling.



 

"Okay."  I opened the door for her and let her in and waited for her to settle down before I closed the door for her. I moved to the driver's side.



 

"Thank you." She murmured shyly.



 

"Welcome, for the birthday girl." I joked and followed Caleb's car.



 

"How old are you now, Camilla?" I asked, starting a conversation. She looks tense and shy being alone with me.



 

"I'm twenty ei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter