Ring 011

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara

I quietly sat on the couch as I waited for Youngbae to materialize what I just said just now. I don't have a plan to tell him this soon, maybe when I couldn't hide it anymore, but I couldn't take it back. I already spell the bean.


"You don't like me that much to joke about your pregnancy?" He said and I could see the disappointment on his face. He returned to his seat and crossed his arm over his chest, with an annoyed look.


"You're so mean. You don't need to joke about it because even if it was true, which it is not, I'm willing to accept that child like mine." I mentally smack myself, this guy is really stubborn. 

 

"I'm not joking, I'm six weeks pregnant. The reason why I got sick on Seunghyun's birthday is that I'm pregnant." 


"What? You are not joking about it. Are you really pregnant?" I nodded my head with my head hanging down. I couldn't look at him because I didn't want to see his reaction. He might be judging me now or thinking that I am not a respectable woman as he saw me.


"Dara, this is not funny anymore."


"I'm telling the truth," I whispered,  eyes b with tears. He cursed, then held my hands.


"You really are pregnant, then? Is your ex the father?" I didn't answer him because what should I tell him? I don't know because I was drunk and I didn't see the face of the man because it was dark. I'm sure he will see me as a  


The tears that I am holding rolled down my cheek this time and a sob escaped my lips. Youngbae pulled me in his embrace and gently patted my back to comfort me.


"So doctor Lee lied to me about your situation?"


"I asked him not to tell you. I'm scared and shocked when he told me about my pregnancy. That's why he did not tell you."


"I can be the father of the child if you just let me. I will treat the child as my own."


"Youngbae, please. You are my friend, like a brother who I didn't have. Please stay that way."


"You are breaking my heart over and over again, You know?" He pouted.


"I'm so sorry, but I couldn't teach my heart who to love.  I will only hurt you in the end if I accept your offer. You're a good man, I'm sure there's someone who was meant for you out there. Just open your eyes wider. I'm sure all this time she was just there waiting for you."


"I'm sure it was you." He stubbornly said but I just shook my head. "What's your plan now?"


"Of course I kept my child. I will raise this child on my own. This is a blessing, I'm going to have my own family. Only me and my child are enough."


"Why not add me."


"Youngbae!" 


"Fine, I'll stop but don't stop me to be there for you every time you need me. I'm just a call away." He said sadly.


"Thank you, thank you so much"


"Do you need something for the baby or yourself? I can accompany you to buy it."


"I already bought it earlier.  But I need to start buying some baby things. I'm planning to make one of the rooms in the house as a nursery." I felt excited just thinking about everything that should be done for my baby.


"Okay, I know someone who can fix the nursery. When do you want to do it?" I smiled this time.


"As soon as possible, so that I could start to buy my baby's things." Just do it during my rest day. Saturday and Sunday so that I'm at home."


"Okay, then it will start on Saturday." 


"Okay!" I excitedly said, grinning.

 

"You're happy for this child, huh?" 


"Yes, I'm very happy."


"I think you should hire a helper. It's not safe for you to live alone while you are pregnant."


"I'm already thinking about it. I look for an agency to hire a helper soon."


"You really don't like me to be the father of your child?" He asked, smiling.


"You can be my child godfather."  He huffed then turned his back at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter