Ring 013

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA
 

I watched Jiyong's retreating figure, letting out a sigh of relief at the same time feeling sad because now I know that Kwon Jiyong won't even spare a glance at me.  The way he acted in front of me earlier told me that he doesn't have an ounce of interest in me. 

 

After we shook hands he buried his face in his food then hurriedly left. I sigh. Dara forgets what you feel about him. You are not at the level of his celebrity admirers.  I have known for a long time that what I feel for him is just a fantasy and I will only end up for nothing. That's why I try to forget it, and now after meeting him only confirmed it.

 

"Dara, I'm so sorry about that. He is just very busy because he is leaving for New York the day after tomorrow. The Kwon Construction Company was invited to join a bid for building the biggest Hospital there, and Jiyong is trying to finish his work before he leaves." Amber apologized. 


 

"No worries, Amber. I understand." I smiled but deep inside my heart was crushed into pieces. 

 

"Come and join us later. We will have a dinner party later together with Choi, and Dong to wish Jiyong good luck."


 

"Isn't I intruding? It's a family party, and I'm an outsider."


 

"Nonsense.  You are my friends like Luna and Krystal. Who knows you'll be the one who will give luck to Jiyong to win the bid. You are coming later and I don't accept no for an answer. I'll ask Youngbae to pick you up  later."


 

"Do I have another choice?" 


 

"No!" She chuckled and resumed eating her food. I just shook my head and ate my food as well. I'm going to see him again later. Sigh. But he is leaving, and I don't know when I can see him again after this. I'll just enjoy this once in a lifetime seeing the love of my life because who knows if this is the last. I hope he won't give me a cold treatment later. It's his party and he isn't the one who invited me. What if he doesn't like my presence there? But I couldn't decline Amber's invitation.  I would just go home after dinner if he treated me coldly then. 

 

 

Amber sent me back to the bookstore after we finished our lunch. She told me to just wear any clothes which I feel comfortable with because it wasn't a formal dinner. Just a small gathering of important people in Jiyong's life to wish him good luck. I'm not part of the important people in Jiyong's life. Why did Amber want me to be there? I want to back out but I'm sure Amber will get mad so I just it up. 

 

As soon as she dropped me in front of the bookstore she waved at me goodbye and left. 

 

I'm happy to have her as my boss. I'm so lucky that I got this job. This job is the one that supports my living expenses since the day I'm still in college. I worked part-time here before and was promoted as a manager as soon as I left the university.  

 

I owed a lot to Amber. That's why I couldn't say no to whatever she asked me. Without this bookstore, I couldn't finish my studies, and I don't know what will happen to me if I don't stumble in this place. And I don't have a plan to find other jobs. I'm content and happy here and I won't exchange this for a higher position with another company. 

 

When I graduated I was offered a  position in a Korean company based in the US. I will be a managing director of their branch there but I quickly decline it.  I got many offers after I graduate because I graduated as a cumlaude but I decline all of them, the next reason why I declined the offer abroad is because of Jaejoong. I don't want to be apart from him before. I chuckled shaking my head with that thought. I'm so stupid and blind before. How I didn't see that he is just using me? Sigh. At Least I found out who he really is before I gave him everything.


 

Jaejoong, I'm completely over him after just more than a month. Maybe I'm not really in love with him.  Maybe I'm just used to his company and I'm attached to him because I have no one that I can call as a family except him. 

 

And now, I have Youngbae who was there for me, Who cares and understands me. Jaejoong is now out of my system.


 

I  finished all my remaining work for today and made sure that all orders were delivered before I went home and prepared myself for dinner at the Kwon residence.


 

When I reached home, I rested for about twenty minutes before I took a bath and dressed up. I wore a floral spaghetti strap top, and I paired it with black skinny jeans with a knitted brown cardigan over. My footwear is white sneakers. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and applied a foundation on my face, mascara on my eyes, and pink lipstick. 


 

After I'm satisfied with my look  I picked up my bag containing my phone and wallets and went downstairs and waited for Youngbae.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter